PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Nicks.. I mean Rueben Randle career highlights - BEAST

NYG4lifeNYK
04-27-2012, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdX_bMu6B38

Imagine now having an elite QB throwing him the ball

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:17 PM
lol. their QB just throws it up to him in double, triple coverage and it aint even close, Randle is going to be DOMINANT alongside Nicks and Cruz

FroZeNx31x
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
No WR in the draft can compareto Nicks' UNC highlights. I like Randle though. With some time to develop he can be a good fit for the outside moving Cruz into the slot.

Spizi
04-27-2012, 10:20 PM

haha he does have a similar playing style

EN-WHY14
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Wow great highlights. He can play both quick passes and long streaks...bet Eli is happy to have another weapon to throw to.

Neverend
04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
No WR in the draft can compareto Nicks' UNC highlights. I like Randle though. With some time to develop he can be a good fit for the outside moving Cruz into the slot.

Exactly Randle is nowhere near Nicks coming out of UNC

Thank you greg cosell for this. I think he made the nicks correlation mostly because he felt randle would be the best WR in this class like nicks was

They're not the same type of player... at all (besides agility/stride)

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM

Thank you greg cosell for this. I think he made the nicks correlation mostly because he felt randle would be the best WR in this class like nicks was

we got u the first time...are we all supposed to just go "ok ur right?"

thank kosell AND ross...

and they are similar in terms of body control, big good hands, stem routes, get seperation, and both are deep threats.
randle is faster than nicks, nicks is a better route runner.

they are more similar than u let on oh wise draft guru.

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:40 PM

keep in mind the qb he had throwing to him too...very similar to nicks. no offense, but ill take ross and cosells opinion over urs every day and twice on sunday

BigBlue1971
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
that was a great vid! thanks.</P>

Randle can be big time in this offense. Elis prolly talking to him now!</P>

i like the pick.</P>

JR has filled both holes vacated by BJ and MM. great job!</P>

dutchnyg
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM

Sick!!!

byron
04-27-2012, 11:01 PM
This was a great pick he has deceptive speed that he knows how to use to get open and set cover guys up ....He's a smart guy as well he won't be riding the pine long ....thanks for the post I watched all the others at your link that **** they showed on espn after we picked him didn't this kid justice...

miked1958
04-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Wow great highlights. He can play both quick passes and long streaks...bet Eli is happy to have another weapon to throw to.We seem to roll these type players off a conveyor belt. That's why giants were not to worried about giving up MM and BJ. They just went out And got their men to replace them and for a lot cheaper then it would of cost to keep the vets

mikeq672
04-27-2012, 11:10 PM

keep in mind the qb he had throwing to him too...very similar to nicks. no offense, but ill take ross and cosells opinion over urs every day and twice on sunday

How can you take a guys opinion that watches football film for a living over the guy with a zelda and mario avatar? haha

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 11:11 PM

How can you take a guys opinion that watches football film for a living over the guy with a zelda and mario avatar? haha

LMFAO

BlueBlitzer
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
I like this kid. The Giants develop WRs like Duncan cranks out Doughnuts.

Neverend
04-27-2012, 11:19 PM

i dont even disagree with cosell that much he makes a point about them being similar when it comes to being smooth and accelerating. i think its more accurate to compare receivers to how they catch the ball/make big plays

i think their big play style is vastly different... the proof is in the highlights

and nicks had tj yates throwing the ball. not terrible

here they are:

nicks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIuhelyr46I

randle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdZ-SEnx0xU

Explain the similarities in terms of big plays? Randle = fakes, build up speed. Randle gets more separation deep as well

Nicks was just a physical animal who fights for the ball man

JacksGiant76
04-27-2012, 11:30 PM
The big thing you like to see is he did this against really good SEC corners. Those aren't highlights against Division 3 teams, that's Florida, Auburn etc.

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 11:32 PM
The big thing you like to see is he did this against really good SEC corners. Those aren't highlights against Division 3 teams, that's Florida, Auburn etc.

with some shoddy qb play.

he needs to get on the same page with eli ASAP.

Mariwho?

This guy is going to be a nightmare for nickel corners, or it lets us move cruz into the slot and he can run the vertical routes to keep the safeties off Cruz...

Neverend
04-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Just I thought. The proof doesnt lie

nevada11
04-27-2012, 11:51 PM
reuben randle is not hakeem nicks. justin blackmon is nicks

randle is greg jennings.. randle is nowhere near as physical as nicks. thats not an insult very few are

Neverend
04-27-2012, 11:53 PM

randle is greg jennings.. randle is nowhere near as physical as nicks. thats not an insult very few are

Great one. Jennings comparison is much, much better. And it serves Greg cosell points right when he says randle can beat iso coverage like nicks can. Jennings does the same thing

I just disagree, the WAY he beats man coverage as far as big plays go is different while the premise of beating man remains the constant. Nicks fights for the ball, Randle gets more separation deep with fakes/savvy very similar to Greg Jennings (see what jennings did to prince this year)

ofc some guys are gonna say my opinion is wrong because marc ross compared him to nicks

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 11:54 PM

i dont think, or at least i wasnt, saying randle equals nicks. i was saying there are similarities between the two, bc there are. both can be excellent deep threats, both stem their routes exceptionally well, both get seperation, both have great hands, both can be physical coming down with the ball...Nicks is a top 5 wr imho, and i'd say Randle is more of a suped up MM than he is a nicks clone...that said, anyone saying "Randle is nothing like Nicks" is wrong, simple as that. And two of the best in the biz at player evaluation, Cosell and Mayock, said the same thing...edit- forgot to add Ross

this whole thing started when some one went "thanks cosell, now people are gonna say he's like nicks. they are nothing alike" to people who see similarities in both game

Neverend
04-27-2012, 11:59 PM
both can be excellent deep threats,

There has to a basis behind this. Mike wallace is a great deep threat, so that makes randle mike wallace? You have to compare the WAY they are deep threats, and the way nicks and randle makes big plays deep is extremely different

both stem their routes exceptionally well,

Not really. Nicks mostly gets separation on intermediate routes by dropping his weight, sinking his hips, and having a burst in his breaks not by stemming his foot. Cruz usually is the one who stems his routes when separating. But I do agree about randle stemming his routes, he does it very well

both get seperation, both have great hands,

Many receivers get separation, thats not a reason you would use when saying two are similar. Will agree on the hands, randle has some really strong hands

both can be physical coming down with the ball..

Randle comes down with the ball but doesnt have much catching radius (bad vertical). Nicks can come down with the ball extending his arms and leaping in the air. Randle can make plays over his head but doesnt show the leaping ability/range Nicks does in the air

Nicks is a top 5 wr imho, and i'd say Randle is more of a suped up MM than he is a nicks clone.....

Glad you finally came around.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:02 AM
whatever u say boss. u know everything.

btw, each one of ur lil rsponses is nothing but bs...

get over urself. they have similarities...

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:03 AM

shoulda just left the thread after this post...

Neverend
04-28-2012, 12:05 AM

Sure they have similarities.. Greg cosell said they're similar based on how they accelerate and smooth/fluid

I'm just saying, while thats true, I don't think thats enough to make them alike. Maybe to you it is. Their big play style and the way they get separation is too different and nothing alike

i think the greg jennings comparison is a lot better. and like nicks, jennings obviously beats iso coverage which was the overall point cosell was trying to make

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:06 AM

Sure they have similarities.. Greg cosell said they're similar based on how they accelerate and smooth/fluid

I'm just saying, while thats true, I don't think thats enough to make them alike. Maybe to you it is. Their big play style and the way they get separation is too different and nothing alike

i think the greg jennings comparison is a lot better. and like nicks, jennings obviously beats iso coverage which was the overall point cosell was trying to make

no, the point cosell was making is that Randle is very similar to Nicks. its ok, u think otherwise. off it...

byron
04-28-2012, 12:07 AM
reuben randle is not hakeem nicks. justin blackmon is nicks randle is greg jennings.. randle is nowhere near as physical as nicks. thats not an insult very few are Great one. Jennings comparison is much, much better. And it serves Greg cosell points right when he says randle can beat iso coverage like nicks can. Jennings does the same thing I just disagree, the WAY he beats man coverage as far as big plays go is different while the premise of beating man remains the constant. Nicks fights for the ball, <FONT color=#0000ff>Randle gets more separation deep with fakes/savvy</FONT> very similar to Greg Jennings (see what jennings did to prince this year) ofc some guys are gonna say my opinion is wrong because marc ross compared him to nicks</P>

I don't know all much about evaluating guys but I saw the same thing with Randle he works to get and keepspace from the cover guys he knows how to use his speed in the process..</P>

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Cosell, Mayock, Marc Ross...they're all wrong...some one let them know before they make any more comparisons zeldaboy says is wrong.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:09 AM
reuben randle is not hakeem nicks. justin blackmon is nicks randle is greg jennings.. randle is nowhere near as physical as nicks. thats not an insult very few are Great one. Jennings comparison is much, much better. And it serves Greg cosell points right when he says randle can beat iso coverage like nicks can. Jennings does the same thing I just disagree, the WAY he beats man coverage as far as big plays go is different while the premise of beating man remains the constant. Nicks fights for the ball, <FONT color=#0000ff>Randle gets more separation deep with fakes/savvy</FONT> very similar to Greg Jennings (see what jennings did to prince this year) ofc some guys are gonna say my opinion is wrong because marc ross compared him to nicks</P>

*I don't know all much about evaluating guys but I saw the same thing with Randle he works to get and keep*space from the cover guys he knows how to use his speed in the process..</P>

yup, randle stems his routes very well, very similar to nicks. both have amazing body control. great hands. both can be effective deep and intermediate and over the middle. we got ourselves a gem...

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:14 AM
A big wide receiver who I believe can align on the outside and run the complete route tree is LSU’s Rueben Randle (6-3, 210). The more games I watch, the more I like Randle. He is smooth and athletic, with better acceleration off the ball than either Jeffery or Sanu. In some ways, he reminds me of the New York Giants’ Hakeem Nicks, who was not drafted until the 29th pick in the first round in 2009. Nicks was the fifth wide receiver selected that year (after Darrius Heyward-Bey, Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin and Percy Harvin), but he’s clearly been the most productive of the bunch. Where Nicks has been very effective — and I project Randle playing a similar role — is at “x iso”, the single receiver to one side of the formation. When you’re aligned at “x,” you must be able to win versus man coverage.
Cosell on Nicks/Randle similarities

Neverend
04-28-2012, 12:22 AM
no, the point cosell was making is that Randle is very similar to Nicks. its ok, u think otherwise. off it...

his main point is that randle will beat isolation coverage just like nicks can

A big wide receiver who I believe can align on the outside and run the complete route tree is LSU’s Rueben Randle (6-3, 210). The more games I watch, the more I like Randle. He is smooth and athletic, with better acceleration off the ball than either Jeffery or Sanu. In some ways, he reminds me of the New York Giants’ Hakeem Nicks, who was not drafted until the 29th pick in the first round in 2009. Nicks was the fifth wide receiver selected that year (after Darrius Heyward-Bey, Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin and Percy Harvin), but he’s clearly been the most productive of the bunch. Where Nicks has been very effective — and I project Randle playing a similar role — is at “x iso”, the single receiver to one side of the formation. When you’re aligned at “x,” you must be able to win versus man coverage

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/09/cosell-talks-the-wide-receiver-transformation/

He didnt say he is very similar "to" Nicks, is that Randle can play a similar role just like Nicks -- which is beating man coverage as the X. and he praised his fluidity and movement as being similar to nicks, but i think the big play style is different and thats a major factor when saying a guy like randle is a nicks clone.

but there are a couple of receivers that can beat man coverage as the X like nicks can, and a guy like jennings who beats corners with fakes/moves like randle does is a better comparison

but i guess i can understand why you would want to follow what cosell said about nicks.

im zeldaboy now huh? looks like someone is now the internet toughguy trying to throw insults across his computer screen. figures (sigh), guess ure not the most mature man in the world and it shows when you argue with others. I'm done here, ive even used your own supporting evidence ("greg cosell says ur wrong") to u used to back up your opinions to actually hurt your stance here.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:24 AM

his main point is that randle will beat isolation coverage just like nicks can

A big wide receiver who I believe can align on the outside and run the complete route tree is LSU’s Rueben Randle (6-3, 210). The more games I watch, the more I like Randle. He is smooth and athletic, with better acceleration off the ball than either Jeffery or Sanu. In some ways, he reminds me of the New York Giants’ Hakeem Nicks, who was not drafted until the 29th pick in the first round in 2009. Nicks was the fifth wide receiver selected that year (after Darrius Heyward-Bey, Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin and Percy Harvin), but he’s clearly been the most productive of the bunch. Where Nicks has been very effective — and I project Randle playing a similar role — is at “x iso”, the single receiver to one side of the formation. When you’re aligned at “x,” you must be able to win versus man coverage

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/09/cosell-talks-the-wide-receiver-transformation/

He didnt say he is very similar "to" Nicks, is that Randle can play a similar role just like Nicks -- which is beating man coverage as the X. and he praised his fluidity and movement as being similar to nicks, but i think the big play style is different and thats a major factor when saying a guy like randle is a nicks clone.

but there are a couple of receivers that can beat man coverage as the X like nicks can, and a guy like jennings who beats corners with fakes/moves like randle does is a better comparison

but i guess i can understand why you would want to follow what cosell said about nicks.

im zeldaboy now huh? looks like someone is now the internet toughguy trying to throw insults across his computer screen. figures (sigh), guess ure not the most mature man in the world and it shows when you argue with others. I'm done here, ive even used your own supporting evidence ("greg cosell says ur wrong") to u used to back up your opinions to actually hurt your stance here.

um, i never once said "randle is nicks clone" i said they have similarities, u said they didnt. get over urself. and i didnt say, another poster said and i found it hilarious. PEACE

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:25 AM

i dont think, or at least i wasnt, saying randle equals nicks. i was saying there are similarities between the two, bc there are. both can be excellent deep threats, both stem their routes exceptionally well, both get seperation, both have great hands, both can be physical coming down with the ball...Nicks is a top 5 wr imho, and i'd say Randle is more of a suped up MM than he is a nicks clone...that said, anyone saying "Randle is nothing like Nicks" is wrong, simple as that. And two of the best in the biz at player evaluation, Cosell and Mayock, said the same thing...edit- forgot to add Ross

this whole thing started when some one went "thanks cosell, now people are gonna say he's like nicks. they are nothing alike" to people who see similarities in both game

how'd you prove me wrong again? in your world u prob believe it. FACT is you said they werent similar, and put down randle burning corners...i hope this doesnt invite u back into this discussion bc i;m over it

gmen0820
04-28-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm still shocked he was there honestly.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm still shocked he was there honestly.

me too. i know predraft he was some one we both discussed. the 1rst 3 rounds worked out perfectly for us...great insurance in case we can't re-sign one of our two all pro wr's, or if one of em god forbid misses some time to injury...

excellent value at 63

Neverend
04-28-2012, 12:34 AM

how'd you prove me wrong again? in your world u prob believe it. FACT is you said they werent similar, and put down randle burning corners...i hope this doesnt invite u back into this discussion bc i;m over it

ask a question and hope i go away... right

because uve never proved me "wrong". u just said ull take what greg cosell said about randle and nicks (then i used it against you) over anything i say. and everytime i explain to you how i feel randle might not have as much success beating corners with double moves and fakes in the nfl you just ignore my point

nevada11
04-28-2012, 12:44 AM

Great one. Jennings comparison is much, much better. And it serves Greg cosell points right when he says randle can beat iso coverage like nicks can. Jennings does the same thing

I just disagree, the WAY he beats man coverage as far as big plays go is different while the premise of beating man remains the constant. Nicks fights for the ball, Randle gets more separation deep with fakes/savvy very similar to Greg Jennings (see what jennings did to prince this year)

ofc some guys are gonna say my opinion is wrong because marc ross compared him to nicks

Ya u right about jennings and prince. i can see randle making plays like that to dbs in the nfl. justin blackmon plays more like nicks i really believe that

Neverend
04-28-2012, 12:49 AM

Ya u right about jennings and prince. i can see randle making plays like that to dbs in the nfl. justin blackmon plays more like nicks i really believe that

I can see the comparison. But I don't think blackmon has nicks' range in the air. Nicks' catching radius is the most underrated aspect of his skill set. when the ball is in the air Nicks showcases a huge wingspan like a wide out much larger than he is

I also think nicks has more burst out of his break. i dunno, blackmon looks like he gets away with rounding off his cuts. greg cosell even went on to mention how blackmon lacks a snap out of his breaks like floyd does

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:52 AM

ask a question and hope i go away... right

because uve never proved me "wrong". u just said ull take what greg cosell said about randle and nicks (then i used it against you) over anything i say. and everytime i explain to you how i feel randle might not have as much success beating corners with double moves and fakes in the nfl you just ignore my point

is this really that difficult for you? you thought i said randle was a clone of nicks, never happened. i said, they;re similar. you said they weren't. marc ross, greg cosell and mayock disagree with u...my god. they can have differences in their game, and still have similarities...is it that difficult to grasp for u?

nevada11
04-28-2012, 12:55 AM

I can see the comparison. But I don't think blackmon has nicks' range in the air. Nicks' catching radius is the most underrated aspect of his skill set. when the ball is in the air Nicks showcases a huge wingspan like a wide out much larger than he is

I also think nicks has more burst out of his break. i dunno, blackmon looks like he gets away with rounding off his cuts. greg cosell even went on to mention how blackmon lacks a snap out of his breaks like floyd does

i dont think nicks was the same way now as he was coming out of north carolina. i think blackmon coming out now is the same as nicks in college. nicks can leap better but everything else is identical

Neverend
04-28-2012, 12:58 AM

i dont think nicks was the same way now as he was coming out of north carolina. i think blackmon coming out now is the same as nicks in college. nicks can leap better but everything else is identical

Fair point. Nicks, while being very nfl ready, wasnt a finished product as a route runner coming out. Ill give you that

I think blackmon is more anquan boldin, but thats just me. But I can definitely see the nicks comparison though, makes sense