miked1958
04-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Why not Massie

C1010
04-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Looks like they are high on Brewer.

NY_Eli
Raiders just took another tackle that's not Massie. Clearly something is up with him.

giantsfan420
hosley was a first round talent. he'll be our nickel corner day 1.
he has elite body control, stops on a dime. stays on the wr's hip.

he's 5'10, 180. needs to put on weight if he wants to move outside. but he is capable of being our nickel corner day 1.

I forgot about him. AMAZING first 3 rounds...JR has done it again!

Vtgmenfan89
I don't mind the pick, don't know a lot about him but 9 picks two season ago, clearly he has ball skills. He's good insurance if T2 doesn't return to form or gets re-injured. Mayock just said he's mainly a nickel corner, so that works

M0rbid
Overview:
Hosley is an early entry junior who was a very productive corner for
Virginia Tech throughout his career. He is undersized but plays with
tenacity and a sense of urgency when around the ball. Hosley is an
extremely scrappy player who finds a way to make an impact from the
boundary corner position. He could be a late riser in the draft and
needs to prove that he can add weight to his frame to compete with NFL
size, but he has late first-round value and should find playing time in
nickel packages right away.

<h4>Strengths</h4> Hosley is an excellent zone corner who has a ton of range and playmaking ability around the ball.

Source: Nfl.com

meanseen
04-27-2012, 11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4yWAOqviFY

giantsfan420
OVERVIEW
Hosley is an early entry junior who was a very productive corner for Virginia Tech throughout his career. He is undersized but plays with tenacity and a sense of urgency when around the ball. Hosley is an extremely scrappy player who finds a way to make an impact from the boundary corner position. He could be a late riser in the draft and needs to prove that he can add weight to his frame to compete with NFL size, but he has late first-round value and should find playing time in nickel packages right away.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Hosley is an excellent zone corner who has a ton of range and playmaking ability around the ball. He has good field awareness to sniff out receiver screens and is quick reacting when the ball is thrown. He is consistently involved in the play and has good length to disengage receivers from the ball. Hosley is deceptive as a hitter and can deliver a serious blow for having such a small frame. He has an impressive bubble and is a very bouncy athlete who can change directions on a dime. He is capable of smothering at the line using his hands and technique, and can stay in a receiver's hip in-phase. He is a scrappy player who employs an unconventional shuffle step and technique in general, but he finds a way to make impact plays.
WEAKNESSES Hosley is very thin and could get abused by the likes of Larry Fitzgerald and other big receivers. He has unconventional footwork that could get him in trouble against quicker athletes. He can get lost at times when working with his back toward the ball and needs to be placed within the right scheme to be an effective player.

from NFL.com

miked1958
Raiders just took another tackle that's not Massie. Clearly something is up with him.I don't know. I guess we have to trust their judgment

Bones911
Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Reportedly, Hosley failed a drug test recently. #nyg

Overdrive92
He led the nation in 2010 with 9 picks.

He did fail a drug test at the combine though, along with Vontaze Burfict.

gian_18778
04-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Raiders just took another tackle that's not Massie. Clearly something is up with him.

Clearly something is going on.

C1010

Oh boy...

bELIeve_in_Giants
Ralph Vacchiano?@TheBlueScreenReply
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Hosley is one of the players that reportedly failed a drug test at the NFL scouting combine in Indy in February. #NYG

GMENAGAIN
Hosley is a great pick.</P>

Massie blows.</P>

M0rbid
04-28-2012, 12:01 AM

I could care less about it.

Marvelousmik

he's 5'10, 180. needs to put on weight if he wants to move outside. but he is capable of being our nickel corner day 1.

does he shy away from tackles?

miked1958
Well we drafted him with that knowledge of him failing the teat.....so.......

bELIeve_in_Giants
04-28-2012, 12:02 AM
I don't have a big problem with a college kid smoking some pot, but it seems stupid to do if you know the combine is coming up and you know you'll get tested. So, that's what gives me pause.

M0rbid
04-28-2012, 12:02 AM

<h4>Strengths</h4> Hosley is an excellent zone corner who has a ton of
range and playmaking ability around the ball. He has good field
awareness to sniff out receiver screens and is quick reacting when the
ball is thrown. He is consistently involved in the play and has good
length to disengage receivers from the ball. Hosley is deceptive as a
hitter and can deliver a serious blow for having such a small frame. He
has an impressive bubble and is a very bouncy athlete who can change
directions on a dime. He is capable of smothering at the line using his
hands and technique, and can stay in a receiver's hip in-phase. He is a
scrappy player who employs an unconventional shuffle step and technique
in general, but he finds a way to make impact plays.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:04 AM

he actually delivers some pop with his hits which is kinda funny when ur watching it live. its a surprising stinging type hit, yeah he can make tackles...homerun pick imho.

this is the best draft imho objectively speaking not as a giants homer.

all 3 picks have 1rst round talent

Rat_bastich
04-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Had injuries during the 2011 season...concussion and hamstring.

I wonder if coming into Giants camp having a previous hamstring injury nullifies the poissibility of getting one during camp?

Good pick. From one of the draft guides I have here with me it also says that he has the physicality and confidence to compete and start outside.

Positives: Feisty. Picks up on small details and becomes better as the game goes on. Mentally quick and decisive. Awareness is great making him better in zone coverage.

Knocks: Not a warp up tackler, light frame and undersized. Likes to put his hands on receivers and will be flagged for being hyper-aggressive

That was from Lindy's draft guide.

Also, tested positive for marijuana.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:05 AM
also, he'll be our nickel corner day 1 imho. which allows T2 to be our hybrid safety, Rolle FS, Phillips SS, Prince and webby on the perimeter.

unreal how JR does this...teams have got to be going "how did they get him when we picked before them?!?!::"

Marvelousmik
04-28-2012, 12:08 AM

<h4>Strengths</h4> Hosley is an excellent zone corner who has a ton of
range and playmaking ability around the ball. He has good field
awareness to sniff out receiver screens and is quick reacting when the
ball is thrown. He is consistently involved in the play and has good
length to disengage receivers from the ball. Hosley is deceptive as a
hitter and can deliver a serious blow for having such a small frame. He
has an impressive bubble and is a very bouncy athlete who can change
directions on a dime. He is capable of smothering at the line using his
hands and technique, and can stay in a receiver's hip in-phase. He is a
scrappy player who employs an unconventional shuffle step and technique
in general, but he finds a way to make impact plays.

a lot of small guys shy tend to shy away. Im glad to have him then. We usually dont do good in the 3rd round but i hope this guy changes things

RoanokeFan
also, he'll be our nickel corner day 1 imho. which allows T2 to be our hybrid safety, Rolle FS, Phillips SS, Prince and webby on the perimeter.

unreal how JR does this...teams have got to be going "how did they get him when we picked before them?!?!::"

You have to think TT's ACL and Prince's foot factored into this pick. Insurance is always a good thing.

Diamondring

I forgot about him. AMAZING first 3 rounds...JR has done it again!Beef up our offense and defense is the right thing to do. I made post in the past about blowing teams away. I wonder did JR seen that post?

Redeyejedi
04-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Good thing is this saves me HD space cutting tape of these guys

M0rbid
04-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Had injuries during the 2011 season...concussion and hamstring.

I wonder if coming into Giants camp having a previous hamstring injury nullifies the poissibility of getting one during camp?

Good pick. From one of the draft guides I have here with me it also says that he has the physicality and confidence to compete and start outside.

Positives: Feisty. Picks up on small details and becomes better as the game goes on. Mentally quick and decisive. Awareness is great making him better in zone coverage.

Knocks: Not a warp up tackler, light frame and undersized. Likes to put his hands on receivers and will be flagged for being hyper-aggressive

That was from Lindy's draft guide.

Also, tested positive for marijuana.

Really about nothing.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:24 AM

You have to think TT's ACL and Prince's foot factored into this pick.* Insurance is always a good thing.

i agree and i also think this move allows T2 to play the hybrid safety role. we didnt really have a true nickel corner, I dunno how T2 would do at that, but as the hybrid safety he can be a beast.
this also allows Rolle to be a true FS. and web and prince on the perimeter.

an AMAZING draft, each player has 1rst round talent.

michaelkhan3
04-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Watch Hosley's tape against Stanford and Andrew Luck