PDA

View Full Version : Now there is a BPA pick---Jayron Hosley

hungrrrry
04-28-2012, 12:00 AM
BPA all the way...we have more pressing needs but I will hope for the best on this one.

Neverend
04-28-2012, 12:01 AM
I like him. Normally the giants take tall, big corners

the giants value production a ton, which this kid has

BigBlue1971
04-28-2012, 12:03 AM
BPA all the way...we have more pressing needs but I will hope for the best on this one.</P>

</P>

yea your right! Hosley is a good player and should be on the field a lot!</P>

jakegibbs
04-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Strengths:

Elite athleticism. A big time playmaker with great hands; led nation in interceptions in 2010. Tough for his size; willing to play close to the line of scrimmage and mix it up against bigger receivers. Elite awareness and vision in zone coverage; does a great job reading the quarterback and is smart about when he breaks on the ball; aggressive, but doesnít take too many ill-advised risks. Does an exception job playing the ball rather than the receiver whenever possible. Gives a reasonable effort in run support considering his size. Experienced returning kicks and punts.

Weaknesses:

Undersized. Not a wrap-up tackler; lacks the strength and overall size to make a significant difference in run support. Tends to shy away from mixing it up with interior linemen when stepping up against the run; likes to stay on the edge. Doesnít always take great angles in pursuit. Suffered a concussion in 2011. Also played through a hamstring injury in 2011. Takes too many risks on special teams; needs to recognize when the play is dead.

Comments:

If not for his lack of size, Hosley would be 1st-round lock. Heís an aggressive playmaker who has all the skills necessary to be a quality cover corner at the next level. However, his size is an issue, and may limit his effectiveness against certain receivers at the next level. While Hosley can start in the NFL, itís tough to envision someone with his size as a true No. 1 cornerback. He has the skills to matchup against the smaller No. 1s in the league (e.g. Mike Wallace), but has little hope of slowing down the likes of Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald.

miked1958
04-28-2012, 12:10 AM
BPA all the way...we have more pressing needs but I will hope for the best on this one.Will see howit plays out

DelawareGiants
04-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Reading comments on Walterfootball- saying he will be a good nickel corner to start- blazing fast speed- 4.37 at combine. He also is a punt returner which would be interesting.

David Wilson is Kickoff returner, Jayron Hosley is Punt returner. Hmm!

They compare him to Asante Samuel? We'll see.

Giants10Joe
04-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Jerry Reese just compared him to Pacman Jones. If that's on-field only, that's great news.

TuckYou
04-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Im guessing one of our CBswill beplaying safety this season.

buddy33
04-28-2012, 12:24 AM
What is he like 5'10 1/2?

He could put on some weight. Maybe he gets up to 185-190. Not bad for his height.

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 12:26 AM
What is he like 5'10 1/2?

He could put on some weight. Maybe he gets up to 185-190. Not bad for his height.

5096 actually. So 5'9 1/2.

TuckYou
04-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Reading comments on Walterfootball- saying he will be a good nickel corner to start- blazing fast speed- 4.37 at combine. He also is a punt returner which would be interesting. David Wilson is Kickoff returner, Jayron Hosley is Punt returner. Hmm! They compare him to Asante Samuel? We'll see.</P>

Apparently that wasnt the only thing he wasblazing at the combine.</P>

And LOL at the Pacman Jones comparison. </P>

I actaully think he can be a good CB though if his head is straight and he lays off the dank.</P>

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Exact same height as Brandon Flowers actually.

Both 5096. Flowers plays at around 190, and honestly may be one of the most physical CBs in the league even at his size. With Hosley's tenacity, if he can add another ten or so pounds, he could be nearly as physical, IMO.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Im guessing one of our CBs*will be*playing safety this season.

T2 at hybrid safety and imo thats where he'll be the most dangerous, he can ball hawk, blitz, run support...JR has built the dream team

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 12:31 AM
T2 at hybrid safety and imo thats where he'll be the most dangerous, he can ball hawk, blitz, run support...JR has built the dream team

I agree completely. Think Thomas ultimately may end up as a full time safety. He fits well there, great in run support, has coverage ability, great in zone, can find the ball, and is physical enough to work on a TE or even the occasional lineman.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:33 AM

I agree completely. Think Thomas ultimately may end up as a full time safety. He fits well there, great in run support, has coverage ability, great in zone, can find the ball, and is physical enough to work on a TE or even the occasional lineman.

its unfair...our team is much better (on paper) than last year

GiantWarfare
04-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Exact same height as Brandon Flowers actually.

Both 5096. Flowers plays at around 190, and honestly may be one of the most physical CBs in the league even at his size. With Hosley's tenacity, if he can add another ten or so pounds, he could be nearly as physical, IMO.

Preach.

B-Flowers is a top notch CB, arguably an elite defensive back, and is just as undersized (at least height-wise) as Hosley.

I like the pick. Kid can ball...just gotta keep a good head on his shoulders...

PIERCEnumber58rules
04-28-2012, 01:51 AM
I love this pick!

Welcome to NY Jayron!