PDA

View Full Version : Draft Grade: A+

George_Vreeland_Hill
04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
David Wilson and Rueben Randle make our offense more dangerous.
Jayron Hosley is a good DB and he can cover well.
We are loaded at many positions.
We do need to work on the offensive line, but you can't pass on the guys we picked.
The Giants went from being a championship team to a scary championship team.
I can't wait for the 2012 season.
Go Giants.
G-Men going for more.

miked1958
04-27-2012, 11:16 PM
David Wilson and Rueben Randle make our offense more dangerous.
Jayron Hosley is a good DB and he can cover well.
We are loaded at many positions.
We do need to work on the offensive line, but you can't pass on the guys we picked.
The Giants went from being a championship team to a scary championship team.
I can't wait for the 2012 season.
Go Giants.
G-Men going for more.
I completely agree

miked1958
04-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Will have to wait and see how it plays out

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 11:17 PM
I agree. 100 out of 100 possible points.

each draft pick has a scout grade of 84.0 or better.

i dont know how he continues to do it..

Flip Empty
04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Have to wait a few years to find out. On paper, it's great.

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 11:26 PM
I litteraly rave about Reese drafts to people who don't like em every single yr, and then the one yr i don't like our draft at all really, is the yr people on here love it..lol</P>

Neverend
04-27-2012, 11:33 PM
I litteraly rave about Reese drafts to people who don't like em every single yr, and then the one yr i don't like our draft at all really, is the yr people on here love it..lol</P>

Haha, funny how that goes

AGiantDynasty
04-27-2012, 11:43 PM
I understand the excitement, but lets keep in mind all these players are not going to pan out. Lets give it a few years before we start giving out perfect draft grades.

We still have large question marks across our team. Our offensive line is one year older and really wasnt that good last year against the run. Not to mention the playoff game vs the 49ers that allowed Eli to get knocked down 17+ times.

These rookies have a lot to prove before we claim them all studs.

With that being said, our athleticism certainly just went up quite a bit... On paper.

BlueBlooded1979
04-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Can't give better than a B to a draft that has ignored the offensive and defensive lines. This game is still won in the trenches.

Extending Kiwi made me feel better about not getting a young DE to develop.

nevada11
04-27-2012, 11:49 PM
i guess were gonna ride with the offensive line guys we have now

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Can't give better than a B to a draft that has ignored the offensive and defensive lines. This game is still won in the trenches.

Giants also are getting Marvin Austin back this year, which is like an additional 2nd round pick, and Brewer was a 4th round pick last year who never got on the field.

I consider both of those guys bonuses this year, theres your early OL and DL guys. And giants still have 4 more picks to add some more.

Out of Exile
04-27-2012, 11:52 PM

Am I the only one who thinks it has more to do with other teams just not picking these guys?

eastbayblue
04-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Overall very satisfied, I would have liked to see them trade one of the 4th round picks to move up and get Dewayne Allen or the best LT or TE left on the board, not sure what is wrong with taking Massie but the DB pick I am not 100% on board with.

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it has more to do with other teams just not picking these guys?

Could say that about everyone in the draft outside of the 1st overall pick, couldnt you?

Out of Exile
04-28-2012, 12:02 AM

Could say that about everyone in the draft outside of the 1st overall pick, couldnt you?

I guess, but I am not gonna sit her and call him a genius yet. Let's see these picks do something first. Everyone is making it sound like we're gonna repeat with these 3 draft picks alone.

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 12:05 AM
I guess, but I am not gonna sit her and call him a genius yet. Let's see these picks do something first. Everyone is making it sound like we're gonna repeat with these 3 draft picks alone.

Well all three guys I think were pretty commonly thought of as at least early 2nd round picks, if not late 1st rounders. So thats awfully good talent falling to them the end of all three rounds.

Out of Exile
04-28-2012, 12:09 AM

Well all three guys I think were pretty commonly thought of as at least early 2nd round picks, if not late 1st rounders. So thats awfully good talent falling to them the end of all three rounds.

That's what I keep hearing. I don't wanna get too excited over draft picks.

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 12:12 AM
That's what I keep hearing. I don't wanna get too excited over draft picks.

Yea I understand that view. I do think they have a good chance of getting pretty immediate contributions from their first three picks, but all three do have quite a bit of developing to do. Nobody coming in is ever a finished player

T.Rice57
04-28-2012, 12:15 AM

All three picks addressed a need, and each player, from scouting reports, fits our schemes.

Our biggest needs coming into this draft was OL and LB, arguably. O-Linemen continue to fall, and there are still some very solid LB's left in the draft. I'm pleasantly surprised about the players we've picked up.

DandyDon
04-28-2012, 12:38 AM

I dont follow college football much, so I have no clue about the draft. I read this board at this time of year to learn more from the guys that do.

But this quote is so silly it made me laugh.

"Will have to wait and see" is not what GMs and scouts are paid for. Gints GM/scouts have rocked the past few years.

Just sayin.

Harooni
04-28-2012, 12:41 AM
round one yes A+ the rest lets see. Seems we need some Oline for the future we keep missing on but that may just mean nothing lands to us.

PIERCEnumber58rules
04-28-2012, 12:43 AM
I absolutely love Jayron Hosley. That was a great pick! I can't believe he fell to us; I would've been happy with him in the second round. I agree, solid A so far! I'm excited to see our DB's shut down this season!

T.Rice57
04-28-2012, 12:46 AM
I absolutely love Jayron Hosley. That was a great pick! I can't believe he fell to us; I would've been happy with him in the second round. I agree, solid A so far! I'm excited to see our DB's shut down this season!

Hey- why do you like him so much?

From a high level I hear he's a physical back, and I saw highlights of him returning kicks. Are you a VT fan? What do you like?

nycsportzfan
04-28-2012, 12:53 AM
RD 1 C</P>

RD 2 C-</P>

RD 3 B</P>

</P>

Thats my grade for this draft so far...</P>

Harooni
04-28-2012, 12:56 AM
RD 1 C</p>

RD 2 C-</p>

RD 3 B</p>

</p>

Thats my grade for this draft so far...</p>
wow thats a bit harsh.

PIERCEnumber58rules
04-28-2012, 12:56 AM

Hey- why do you like him so much?*

From a high level I hear he's a physical back, and I saw highlights of him returning kicks.* Are you a VT fan?* What do you like?

To be honest, This is one of the kids I watched videos on before the draft, and I just kind of fell for him. He looks athletic, like he's got good coverage skills and can tackle. I think he adds great depth, and I think he's great value for where we picked him. Some mocks had us taking him in the 2nd.

nevada11
04-28-2012, 12:57 AM
RD 1*** C</P>

RD 2** C-</P>

RD 3** B</P>

*</P>

Thats my grade for this draft so far...</P>

How the hell is Round 1 C?

Ohhhh because we didnt get your man boy crush Doug Martin? Why dont u just accept wilson is the better prospect? now its been reported many teams had wilson as the number 2 RB

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:57 AM
RD 1*** C</p>

RD 2** C-</p>

RD 3** B</p>

*</p>

Thats my grade for this draft so far...</p>
wow thats a bit harsh.

yeah i'd say pretty harsh.

I'd go B to Bplus
A
B to Bplus

all three picks are first round talents...

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:58 AM

Hey- why do you like him so much?*

From a high level I hear he's a physical back, and I saw highlights of him returning kicks.* Are you a VT fan?* What do you like?

To be honest, This is one of the kids I watched videos on before the draft, and I just kind of fell for him. He looks athletic, like he's got good coverage skills and can tackle. I think he adds great depth, and I think he's great value for where we picked him. Some mocks had us taking him in the 2nd.

i agree. i also am excited about how well he can mirror wr's, he literally stays on their back hip...he also has excellent close in speed and can ballhawk at a high level...

i completely forgot about him, JR is a beast

Neverend
04-28-2012, 12:59 AM
I'd give Wilson in an A+

I don't think its crazy though for sportzfan or others to give it a C. Disagree, but you can make the argument it was a reach

nycsportzfan
04-28-2012, 12:59 AM

Haha, funny how that goes ya, i suppose..lol I hope i'm not right, becaue to be honest, were one of the better drafting teams over the past several yrs, and i absoulutley gushed over each one of those drafts.. </P>

Tons and Tons of good looking prospects left for our 2picks in RD 4, to really add to the start of something with the hosely pick... We could possibly bolster the DE positon with Cam Johnson or Frank Alexander, or go Oline with James Brown orBen Jones, or TE with Orson Charles or Ladarious Green, or LB with Audie Cole, or DT with Jaye Howard or possibly we go with a SS like Antonio Allen, or maybe we take a gamble on FS Janzen Jackson or even Trenton Robinson.. Tom Compton is a guy i really like for RD 4.. I think he could devlop into a nice starting RT...</P>

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Round 1: B - (Mostly because we know Reese and co wanted to trade back but failed to do so. Also lose points for predicting a "RB frenzy" that never happened)

Round 2: A - (Got a good weapon for Eli at the end of the round who has savvy moves against the secondary. Needs more work because of his crappy QB play he dealt with though)

Round 3: A+ - (Wow, here's a steal folks. Excellent zone coverage, covering more area than it would appear at first glance and is a ballhawk to boot. Lacks physical size you would covet but he could become one of the best Nickel CB's in the game)

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Round 1: B - (Mostly because we know Reese and co wanted to trade back but failed to do so. Also lose points for predicting a "RB frenzy" that never happened)

Round 2: A - (Got a good weapon for Eli at the end of the round who has savvy moves against the secondary. Needs more work because of his crappy QB play he dealt with though)

Round 3: A+ - (Wow, here's a steal folks. Excellent zone coverage, covering more area than it would appear at first glance and is a ballhawk to boot. Lacks physical size you would covet but he could become one of the best Nickel CB's in the game)

agree, and NYCSPORTS...

i think we will need that hback, movable te option that beckum was supposed to be, Ledarius could be that guy.

Wasnt Beckum saying he'd be ready by the start of the season?

rainierjef
04-28-2012, 02:46 AM
I litteraly rave about Reese drafts to people who don't like em every single yr, and then the one yr i don't like our draft at all really, is the yr people on here love it..lol</p>
<font color="#FF0000">Haven't you herd? we won 2 super bowls in 5 years every reese pick is an A. just drink the juice and you wont get called a jets fan.</font>

RagTime Blue
04-28-2012, 02:57 AM
I think a lot of us are still reeling from not getting "OUR GUY". You know, the only one that was going to take the whole team to that next level this season. . .as a ROOKIE.

Once that feeling subsides, hopefully we'll give Reese's picks a fair chance. On paper (which is all ANY team has right now) there's much to be excited about. Heck, if opening up with 2 skill position-men doesn't do it, I don't know what will for y'all.

rainierjef
04-28-2012, 03:10 AM
I think a lot of us are still reeling from not getting "OUR GUY". You know, the only one that was going to take the whole team to that next level this season. . .as a ROOKIE.

Once that feeling subsides, hopefully we'll give Reese's picks a fair chance. On paper (which is all ANY team has right now) there's much to be excited about. Heck, if opening up with 2 skill position-men doesn't do it, I don't know what will for y'all.

i disagree. when you say our guy you imply that some of us had this pre-notion that only this player would make sense at this pick and i don't think that's the case with any of the picks. i felt better value was available at 32 / Shockeystays08 (../members/Shockeystays08.aspx) felt better value was available at 63 and so on so fort. as fans we all hope that these guys are going to be phenomenal but also as fan we feel other guys fit the scheme better, its called being human and when you bash that then your an *******, not you but most people on these boards. opinions are the only reasons boards stay active

RagTime Blue
04-28-2012, 03:30 AM

i disagree. when you say our guy you imply that some of us had this pre-notion that only this player would make sense at this pick and i don't think that's the case with any of the picks. i felt better value was available at 32 / Shockeystays08 (../members/Shockeystays08.aspx) felt better value was available at 63 and so on so fort. as fans we all hope that these guys are going to be phenomenal but also as fan we feel other guys fit the scheme better, its called being human and when you bash that then your an *******, not you but most people on these boards. opinions are the only reasons boards stay active

If not for opinions, these boards would be completely empty, we seem to agree.

Mine stems from the fact that the majority of the posts I've read that are unhappy with Reese's picks suggest we should have taken the same few names bandied about since the combine.

I guess I fail to realize that there are some posters who do much more thorough research than myself. Much respect to them.

I was speaking more for myself than bashing others. I for one, was pissed we didn't pick Peter Konz. . .but now I like Wilson, and am very excited to see him play for us.

Hope we make great picks tomorrow. Go GMen~

TheAussieGiant
04-28-2012, 04:45 AM

Several years it has worked out for us this way. Good players are not getting picked because teams reach for needs.

Stay patient take the bpa and we've all seen the results (God-like status for our GM lol).

Diamondring
04-28-2012, 06:02 AM
i guess were gonna ride with the offensive line guys we have nowI wonder why people don't think. Why they have little thought that our O=line can improve and get better with little to know changes.

bigjeep
04-28-2012, 06:24 AM

Yup, never count your chickens before they hatch!

CTLadyBlue
04-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Strengthen the OL and, of course, pass rushers and we'll be extremely well rounded

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Can't give better than a B to a draft that has ignored the offensive and defensive lines. This game is still won in the trenches. Extending Kiwi made me feel better about not getting a young DE to develop. Giants also are getting Marvin Austin back this year, which is like an additional 2nd round pick, and Brewer was a 4th round pick last year who never got on the field. I consider both of those guys bonuses this year, theres your early OL and DL guys. And giants still have 4 more picks to add some more.</P>

That's exactly right.</P>

Brewer is a huge wildcard in all this. None of us know how the Giants view him. For all we know the FO loves him and thinks he's going to be a stud RT. If that's the case, it certainly makes OL less of a need . . . . .</P>

fletch842
04-28-2012, 07:45 AM
In the first round, I was thinking we'd take either one of the lineman on the boards or Coby Fleener. I honestly didn't see the RB pick at all. After seeing the kids film, I'm quite excited, and am looking forward to seeing what he can do. Nice pick.

In the second, I really like the Randle pick. I think he's a great value for the slot we were in. Reminds me of the Manningham pick a few years back.

I'm not familiar with Hosley, but he looks like a very solid pick. He had 7 or so int's his jr year. According to TC (in the press conference last night) most teams stayed away from him this year, so the INTs were down.

As with any draft, time will tell, but these are guys to be excited about.

BlueBlitzer
04-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Can't a Fan be a Fan ? Don't you love that term NFL ready ? Reese is stock piling good players ( I cannot wait to see those 4th Rd picks ). None of these picks were reaches . And as far as the Draft's been so far, isn't is great to hear that term " We're still scratching our heads over that pick " given to other teams ? Seahawk fans must think they have Head Lice .

Redeyejedi
04-28-2012, 08:34 AM
I cant give this draft an A. Not improving this Oline is crazy to me. For the first time going into a season I dont think Eli will play 16 games

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 08:41 AM
I cant give this draft an A. Not improving this Oline is crazy to me. For the first time going into a season I dont think Eli will play 16 games</P>

Who did you want the Giants to take in the first, second or third rounds that would have improved our OL this year? I really think that this was only an issue in the first round, since the OL sitting there for us in the second and third rounds seemed more like project guys who wouldn't have helped this year.</P>

Even in the first round, I think that picking any of the OL guys that were there -- Glen, Konz, Martin, Adams -- would have been a reach and none of these guys were sure-fire, help the team on Day 1 type of players.</P>

I'm all forupgrading/fortifying the OL, but I just don't see that we've really had a great opportunity to do that so far in this draft . . . . .</P>

stormblue
04-28-2012, 08:43 AM
considering that we pick 32nd which is technically only 1 slot away from the next round i think we're doing ok.
you could look at it as picking 32nd as not really getting a first round pick , its more like ;

Wilson as #1 pick in 2nd round
Randle as #1 pick in 3rd round
Hosley as #1 pick in 4th round.

because that's closer to the truth.
and pretty good looking picks on paper.

hungrrrry
04-28-2012, 08:48 AM
I'll give it a B+ to possibly an A-....Hosley had been busted on drug use which is never a good thing! His production dropped off last season and he declared for the draft a year early.

I love the Rueban Randle pick....A+ right there

I also like the Wilson pick and have high hopes for this kid!!!

berya
04-28-2012, 08:58 AM
I cant give this draft an A. Not improving this Oline is crazy to me. For the first time going into a season I dont think Eli will play 16 games

Man I like all our picks but have to 2nd this sentiment.

Redeyejedi
04-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Can't a Fan be a Fan ? Don't you love that term NFL ready ? Reese is stock piling good players ( I cannot wait to see those 4th Rd picks ). None of these picks were reaches . And as far as the Draft's been so far, isn't is great to hear that term " We're still scratching our heads over that pick " given to other teams ? Seahawk fans must think they have Head Lice .Randle and Wilson will play right away. Hosley we will have to see the health of the other players. He may return Kicks.

I Bleed Blue
04-28-2012, 09:24 AM

Marc Ross and a outstanding scouting team have a lot to do with it. Also, Coughlin does have input as well. Coughlin hand picked a lot of the talent that was in Jacksonville.

Redeyejedi
04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
I cant give this draft an A. Not improving this Oline is crazy to me. For the first time going into a season I dont think Eli will play 16 games</P>

Who did you want the Giants to take in the first, second or third rounds that would have improved our OL this year?* I really think that this was only an issue in the first round, since the OL sitting there for us in the second and third rounds seemed more like project guys who wouldn't have helped this year.</P>

Even in the first round, I think that picking any of the OL guys that were there -- Glen, Konz, Martin, Adams -- would have been a reach and none of these guys were sure-fire, help the team on Day 1 type of players.</P>

I'm all for*upgrading/fortifying the OL, but I just don't see that we've really had a great opportunity to do that so far in this draft . . . . .*</P>We will disagree I think all 3 of those Oline guys are better then whats on the team and I dont even like Martin. Snee is the only player that would start for sure on half the NFL teams. Look who we play next year. Half the games are against the elite pass rushing teams in the NFL

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Can't give better than a B to a draft that has ignored the offensive and defensive lines. This game is still won in the trenches. Extending Kiwi made me feel better about not getting a young DE to develop. Giants also are getting Marvin Austin back this year, which is like an additional 2nd round pick, and Brewer was a 4th round pick last year who never got on the field. I consider both of those guys bonuses this year, theres your early OL and DL guys. And giants still have 4 more picks to add some more.</P>

Considering how much the Giants accomplished with a decimated roster last year, the sky is the limit in 2012.</P>

I'm giving this draft a solid "A" so far.</P>

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Most of these guys aren't NFL ready IMO. Wilson, Robinson, and Mosley all needs various amounts of training and we all know how much work WR's need to do on offense as well. They are great developmental projects though.

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Most of these guys aren't NFL ready IMO. Wilson, Robinson, and Mosley all needs various amounts of training and we all know how much work WR's need to do on offense as well. They are great developmental projects though.</P>

I think the Giants first 3 picks are capable of starting this season.</P>

Wilson's pass blocking might limit his situations, but we'll see.</P>

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Most of these guys aren't NFL ready IMO. Wilson, Robinson, and Mosley all needs various amounts of training and we all know how much work WR's need to do on offense as well. They are great developmental projects though.</P>

Wilson's pass blocking might limit his situations, but we'll see.</P>I think Wilson needs to learn more patience before he sees a field. He was kind of like Eli at VT where he had to make everything happen by himself so he was dancing in the backfield quite a bit but that won't work as much at the NFL level. It just depends on how fast he can get that out of his system.

Randle has to learn all of the option routes to go with Gildbride's headache system

Hosley is the most ready in my book IMO

UmenYiourAnIdiot
04-28-2012, 04:59 PM

JPP?

Reese i trust.

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 05:05 PM

Wilson's pass blocking might limit his situations, but we'll see.</P>

I think Wilson needs to learn more patience before he sees a field. He was kind of like Eli at VT where he had to make everything happen by himself so he was dancing in the backfield quite a bit but that won't work as much at the NFL level. It just depends on how fast he can get that out of his system. Randle has to learn all of the option routes to go with Gildbride's headache system Hosley is the most ready in my book IMO</P>

</P>

Ross called Randle “an NFL-ready receiver.’’</P>

“What I mean by that is this guy is strong, he can catch the ball, he’s a good route runner, he is position-savvy and he knows how to get open,’’ Ross said. “He plays like an NFL receiver — big, strong, physical, catch the ball — as opposed to a raw guy who needs a lot of development on routes and techniques or drops a lot of balls. This guy pretty much has a skill set that fits in, will transfer pretty quickly.”</P>

Giants general manager Jerry Reese said Randle “looks like a big pro receiver out there.’’</P>

“We think he’s going to be a quick fit into the offense because he plays big, he can post guys up,’’ Reese said. “People mentioned Hakeem Nicks in our room [as a comparison]. He’s not blazing fast, but he’s game fast.’’</P>

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/randle_green_room_nightmare_dream_SNn642yIIzu3lOgu ISPooM#ixzz1tN5Lrcu1</P>

bearbryant
04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm relieved that we just picked a couple of OT's in the 4th and 6th. Hope it all works out on the field. Go Giants!

Mohann
04-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Most of these guys aren't NFL ready IMO. Wilson, Robinson, and Mosley all needs various amounts of training and we all know how much work WR's need to do on offense as well. They are great developmental projects though.

Most first round picks aren't NFL ready., let alone anything after that. If a team gets someone NFL ready they got really lucky or had a terrible roster. We don't have a terrible roster, our rookies will prob not see the field until a few games in, and I bet a couple make some plays. I hated this draft, but i'm always wrong. So i've put on my blue colored glasses, drank the Kool Aid and I love Wilson. He's got speed and if our oline gells he'll break some very long runs, some very long catches, and some very long kickoff returns. Maybe next year well draft more oline.

giantsforce
04-28-2012, 08:34 PM
I'll give it a B+ to possibly an A-....Hosley had been busted on drug use which is never a good thing! His production dropped off last season and he declared for the draft a year early.

I agree with you. I was thinking exactly the same thing. You can try to justify the Hosley pick as much as you want, but I question the wisdom of that kid. Knowing that you will be drug tested at the combine, he goes and gets stoned just before then! Oh yeah, coming to all that money now will help him kick the habit, right?

Juanito
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
We do a good job pretty much every year IMO.

George_Vreeland_Hill
04-29-2012, 03:37 AM
We drafted a couple of projects in the later rounds, but I love what we did.
There are a couple of good undrafted offensive linemen out there that we need to go for.
So far, so good.

gumby742
04-29-2012, 09:52 AM
I say this knowing that I know **** about the players out there and all that j***. I mean hell, we all do compared to the Giants front office. But for the sake of opinion, i didn't like this years draft. I did love last years draft though, because of Prince. The year before last, not so much.

buffyblue
04-29-2012, 09:56 AM

I agree with you.* I was thinking exactly the same thing.* You can try to justify the Hosley pick as much as you want, but I question the wisdom of that kid. Knowing that you will be drug tested at the combine, he goes and gets stoned just before then! Oh yeah, coming to all that money now will help him kick the habit, right?

Of course NY Giants never have players that abuse drugs, right?

appodictic
04-29-2012, 11:32 PM
I like the draft. We lost a cb we drafted a cb. We lost a running back we drafted a running back, we are week at TE, we rolled the dice on two o-line guys hopefully they pan out. Also many of those guys will be good on special teams, kick returning punt returning etc. Frankly we need that because Hixon has not been reliable past two years.