PDA

View Full Version : Bobbie Massie?

BlueBeast84
04-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Why do we need Bobbie Massie? We already have Will Beatty, James Brewer, Selvish Capers, David Diehl, Sean Locklear and Joel Reinders. If Jerry Reese decides to draft one then so be it, let's see what these guys can do first though. We can always draft one in free agency before next season. <a class="ForumNameUnRead" title="" href="thread/2549525.aspx">
</a>

T.Rice57
04-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Why do we need Bobbie Massie? We already have Will Beatty, James Brewer, Selvish Capers, David Diehl, Sean Locklear and Joel Reinders. If Jerry Reese decides to draft one then so be it, let's see what these guys can do first though. We can always draft one in free agency before next season. <a class="ForumNameUnRead" title="" href="thread/2549525.aspx">
</a>

Does anyone understand why he continues to drop? I heard he was supposed to go round 1.....what's the deal?

NewYorkSwagg
04-28-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't know but I hope we lucky enough to get him in the 4th round. I doubt it though someone will pick him early now.

juice33s
04-28-2012, 10:07 AM
This is what Kiper said:

"You'll probably notice that he was on my list of best available players (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7859033/top-10-best-players-available-day-2)
for Day 2. Massie projects as a left tackle in the NFL and would have
been an elite tackle if he had stayed in school another year. At this
point, we almost expect to hear about a medical or off-field issue by
the time we hit the air Saturday morning."

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 12:48 PM
If anyone should have taken this guy in the third, it was the Jets . . . . .

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:51 PM
This is what Kiper said:

"You'll probably notice that he was on my list of best available players (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7859033/top-10-best-players-available-day-2)
for Day 2. Massie projects as a left tackle in the NFL and would have
been an elite tackle if he had stayed in school another year. At this
point, we almost expect to hear about a medical or off-field issue by
the time we hit the air Saturday morning."

thanks for the info...they must know something we don't. but it'd still be tough to pass him up at the end of the 4th, he has potential...

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Rob Rang just tweeted this - "Ole Miss OT Bobby Massie has the build and strength of a 1st round pick but football IQ, dedication, and consistency of a UFA. - #WhyTheyDrop"

Neverend
04-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Rob Rang just tweeted this - "Ole Miss OT Bobby Massie has the build and strength of a 1st round pick but football IQ, dedication, and consistency of a UFA. - #WhyTheyDrop"

Yeah, I have no idea whether this guy has the work ethic to perfect his craft and improve his technique

OT is heavily technique-reliant position. Look at jets wayne hunter, great athlete crappy pass blocker.

Maybe flaherty can get the best out of this kid if we draft him, looking at it positively

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Rob Rang just tweeted this - "Ole Miss OT Bobby Massie has the build and strength of a 1st round pick but football IQ, dedication, and consistency of a UFA. - #WhyTheyDrop"</P>

Wow . . . .that is not good</P>

Zaggs
04-28-2012, 01:21 PM

Interesting considering Rang ranked Massie at 34. Rang mentioned his lack of work ethic, but didn't list IQ as a negative.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 01:22 PM
he prob wont last past washingtons pick...

par404
04-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Bobbie Massie drops, because he has major work ethics and off field issues.

Zaggs
04-28-2012, 01:29 PM
</a>

Beatyy wasn't consistent before he got injured. Brewer and Capers was bypassed by Tony Ugoh (who wasn't even on the team). Diehl has had his issues at tackle and should move back to guard. Locklear is not a long term answer. Reindeers is a practice squad cast off.
If the Giants have faith in the O-line coach, they should trade up and get Massie. Teach him some technique and it will be game over for ends on Eli's right side.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 01:49 PM
AZ just drafted him...oh well. I'm positive JR has a few diff. ways to approach these two picks in the 4th

BlueBeast84
04-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Well, We drafted Brandon Mosley so we did get another OT. Like I said, I trust Jerry Reese even if we didn't pick one up in the draft. I still think we should give Beatty, Brewer, Capers and Reinders a chance, they are all still young so they have alot to prove.