PDA

View Full Version : "I hope I make the team" - Rueben Randle

NYG4lifeNYK
04-28-2012, 12:51 AM
How awesome is that......... doesn't expect ANYTHING to be handed to him.

Giants10Joe
04-28-2012, 12:52 AM
He had BETTER make the team or he's a huge waste of a pick. If our third round pick doesn't make the team, I'll probably look like this
vvvvvvvvvvvv

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 12:55 AM
He has no confidence in himself? OMG BUST!!!

Overdrive92
04-28-2012, 12:56 AM
He must be talking about my fantasy team.

NYG4lifeNYK
04-28-2012, 12:56 AM

LOL I thought this while posting.... hmm people are going to twist this some how [:D][:)]

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Andrew Luck should say this. It would be extremely hilarious

Giants10Joe
04-28-2012, 01:02 AM
He must be talking about my fantasy team.

Lol. I hope so.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 01:03 AM
haha thats awesome. he's saying that to be respectful of the guys we have at wr imo...

thats pretty damn funny, but also pretty humble

Pakman
04-28-2012, 01:15 AM
I know this isn't a draft pick, but Martellus Bennett said that he wasn't expecting anything to be handed to him.

Yeah idk I just felt like commenting on this thread bro

Harooni
04-28-2012, 01:19 AM
it wont matter how slow of a start he has , giants dont cut 2n'd round picks their rookie year out of pride. see moss.

Harooni
04-28-2012, 01:20 AM
haha thats awesome. he's saying that to be respectful of the guys we have at wr imo...

thats pretty damn funny, but also pretty humble I hope he isnt upset he got drafted later than he hoped to a team with 2 great WR's already.

nevada11
04-28-2012, 01:20 AM
This kid has some work ethic i can see him being one of last ones to leave the film room!

Harooni
04-28-2012, 01:23 AM
scouting report
"Even though his speed is great, Randle won’t be a burner in the NFL.
Although he has good strength and size, there’s still room for Randle
to add some bulk to his frame. Despite his impressive hand strength,
Randle does occasionally allow the ball to get into his body, which
leads to drops. Randle needs to do a better job of using his hands to
create separation in the middle of routes. He doesn’t have the
elusiveness to be a game-breaker after the catch. He will take plays
off from time to time when he doesn’t expect the ball to come his way.
In three years at LSU, Randle only managed to have one year of supreme
production after two underachieving seasons."

Redeyejedi
04-28-2012, 01:24 AM
U woukd have to go Sprewell on Coughlin not to make the team.Even if he was flat out horrible he would still make the team. What was the last 2nd rounder they cut. They didnt resign 2nd rounders but did they cut any on a rookie deal?

nevada11
04-28-2012, 01:25 AM
scouting report

Do you know what happened with randle and kirkpatrick? I am looking at the stat sheet and it looks like he got shut down in both games vs BAMA

Redeyejedi
04-28-2012, 01:29 AM
scouting report

Do you know what happened with randle and kirkpatrick? I am looking at the stat sheet and it looks like he got shut down in both games vs BAMADid u watch the BCS championship game? Jefferson couldnt get a pass off. The Alabama defense completely destroyed LSU.

Giants10Joe
04-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Do you know what happened with randle and kirkpatrick? I am looking at the stat sheet and it looks like he got shut down in both games vs BAMA

Apparently he got shut down by Kirkpatrick and some of the other top corners, but that's okay because the top corners will be too busy with Nicks or Cruz to pay any attention to Randle.

I'm hoping that the fact that he was the last pick in the green room and there were a lot of WRs taken ahead of him makes him angry and gives him fire to work harder to prove everyone wrong.

Eli TO Shockey
04-28-2012, 01:40 AM
it wont matter how slow of a start he has , giants dont cut 2n'd round picks their rookie year out of pride. see moss.

moss had the one and only 5 yr pass ever given to an NFL player.

Mohann
04-28-2012, 01:40 AM

Are you so sure it's pride and not patience? Isn't cutting a high drafted rookie a little premature? Some players take time to get it. Especially tall receivers, Randle, not Moss.

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 01:46 AM
I hope he isnt upset he got drafted later than he hoped to a team with 2 great WR's already.

he just posted on twitter how thrilled he is.

Changed his photo to a picture of him with strahan at the draft. Id say hes happy, has two very good receivers to learn from, has a QB who can actually throw the ball.

nevada11
04-28-2012, 01:47 AM
scouting report

Do you know what happened with randle and kirkpatrick? I am looking at the stat sheet and it looks like he got shut down in both games vs BAMADid u watch the BCS championship game? Jefferson couldnt get a pass off. The Alabama defense completely destroyed LSU.

thank goodness. i thought it was maybe because he struggled against kirkpatrick. thanks

Overdrive92
04-28-2012, 01:47 AM
I hope he isnt upset he got drafted later than he hoped to a team with 2 great WR's already.

Changed his photo to a picture of him with strahan at the draft. Id say hes happy, has two very good receivers to learn from, has a QB who can actually throw the ball.

Yeah, but what's he gonna' do? Go on Twitter and post: "F***!!! F***!!! SON OF A *****!! CRAP!!! I HATE THIS CRAP!!!"?

I don't think so.

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Yeah, but what's he gonna' do? Go on Twitter and post: "F***!!! F***!!! DAMMIT!! CRAP!!! I HATE THIS CRAP!!!"?

I don't think so.

He could have not posted or said anything.

His last tweet was - "I LOVE MY LIFE!"

Im just assuming that means he is happy, though.

Overdrive92
04-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Yeah, but what's he gonna' do? Go on Twitter and post: "F***!!! F***!!! DAMMIT!! CRAP!!! I HATE THIS CRAP!!!"?

I don't think so.

He could have not posted or said anything.

His last tweet was - "I LOVE MY LIFE!"

Im just assuming that means he is happy, though.

I'm sure he is happy, but my point is...they're all happy. They always say good things. No one ever says anything bad. So him saying good things doesn't say much because...well...it happens all the time.

Besides, if the NBA has taught us anything, it's that you can not trust anything out of an athlete's mouth.

Harooni
04-28-2012, 01:52 AM

well thats good news, i was a bit worried he was wanting to go somewhere where they needed a WR right away. saying he hopes he makes the team, its hard to read the subtext. but thx thumbs up

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 01:54 AM
I'm sure he is happy, but my point is...they're all happy. They always say good things.

Yea, I can understand that when asked by the media or something.

Nobody asked him on twitter if he was happy or anything.

He just out of the blue said he was... He didnt have to say that, he could have said nothing at all like most players do when they are drafted.

Why are we assuming that he is unhappy anyway? What kind of total nonsense is this? Im sure he much rather would go to the Jets where he has two QBs who cant throw

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 01:55 AM
well thats good news, i was a bit worried he was wanting to go somewhere where they needed a WR right away. saying he hopes he makes the team, its hard to read the subtext.** but thx thumbs up

honestly he is probably happy to be here, giants use that #3 WR a lot, but he has talented players around him so he doesnt have the same amount of pressure on him he would otherwise. He isnt being asked to carry the passing game like a lot of these top WRs are asked.

I think if he shows he can play, he probably gets as many balls thrown his way as he would get if he was drafted by a bunch of teams that would ask him to be the #1 or #2.. Think Jags, Vikes, Titans, Jets, any of those teams struggle with QB play. Manningham had 50 catches last year, and he missed 4 games. Thats probably what, 60 or so catches over 16 games?

Julio Jones had 54 catches last year as a starter all 16 games. So the opportunities are there for him.

Harooni
04-28-2012, 01:57 AM

Are you so sure it's pride and not patience? Isn't cutting a high drafted rookie a little premature? Some players take time to get it. Especially tall receivers, Randle, not Moss.

its a bit of both imo, with moss it was more pride because we traded just to pick him and past up on holmes.

Danny1024
04-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Randle is gonna be a monster... his hands and the way he SNATCHES balls that are thrown in his vicinity is similar to what Hakeem does.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 03:02 AM
scouting report

google.com

what a tool

RagTime Blue
04-28-2012, 03:11 AM
I guess his comments are in stark contrast to Wilson's, who mentioned how he knows we have Bradshaw, but NFL teams need 2 good RB's these days.

I'm sure Ware, Brown, and Scott were pleased to hear that. Hope he deals well with playful, innocent hazing. I'm sure he does.

ELI_Iz_God
04-28-2012, 03:11 AM

so if he was an arrogant ***** he'd be a good pick? Don't mistake lack of confidence when he could very well just be Humble.

NYG4lifeNYK
04-28-2012, 04:35 AM

so if he was an arrogant ***** he'd be a good pick? Don't mistake lack of confidence when he could very well just be Humble.

Enigma was being sarcastic.

I thought that so was blatantly obvious with the exclamation marks........lol guess not

berya
04-28-2012, 08:39 AM

moss had the one and only 5 yr pass ever given to an NFL player.

Nah he wasn't the only one... The 5 yr free pass was actually passed to him by another legend Tim Carter.

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 08:43 AM
He had BETTER make the team or he's a huge waste of a pick. If our third round pick doesn't make the team, I'll probably look like this
vvvvvvvvvvvv

</P>

You missed the whole point of the thread . . . . and you also apparently missed the second round of the draft</P>

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 08:44 AM
I guess his comments are in stark contrast to Wilson's, who mentioned how he knows we have Bradshaw, but NFL teams need 2 good RB's these days.

I'm sure Ware, Brown, and Scott were pleased to hear that. Hope he deals well with playful, innocent hazing. I'm sure he does.
</P>

Brown will not be on the team this year . . . . </P>

B&RWarrior
04-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Sure he was upset. He was projected to go in the first and he probably thought at the latest the top-end of the second round.You receive a smaller contract and you feel slighted, as if people don't believe your as good as you played. Now he's got it on his mind to make believers out of the nonbelievers. Sounds likea Giant all the way.</P>