PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mayock's Grades

Giants10Joe
04-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Mike Mayock graded each player in the draft on a scale of 0-100.
96-100 is a once in a lifetime player and a "future hall of famer" (only one this year is Luck), 85-95 is an immediate starter who should be drafted in the first round, and 70-84 is an eventual starter who should be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Mayock gave Wilson an 85, Randle an 86, and Hosley an 84. While 85 is a little low for a first rounder, I like that all of the guys we got are borderline potential starters for their rookie season. That's great value, especially in round 3. (Of course, because we don't really have any holes, I can't see any of them starting even if they all see significant playing time, but on some other teams any one of them could potentially start).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round?module=HP11_cp#dt-by-round-input:3/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 01:33 AM
96-100 is a once in a lifetime player and a "future hall of famer" (only one this year is Luck), 85-95 is an immediate starter who should be drafted in the first round, and 70-84 is an eventual starter who should be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Mayock gave Wilson an 85, Randle an 86, and Hosley an 84. While 85 is a little low for a first rounder, I like that all of the guys we got are borderline potential starters for their rookie season. That's great value, especially in round 3. (Of course, because we don't really have any holes, I can't see any of them starting even if they all see significant playing time, but on some other teams any one of them could potentially start).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round?module=HP11_cp#dt-by-round-input:3/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

he got us 3 first round quality players...simply amazing job and he made it look easy...objectively, i think we've had the best draft so far...and JR is awesome in latter rounds

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm not so sure that these are actually Mayock's grades . . . .

gradstang
04-28-2012, 09:02 AM
who cares what that loudmouth thinks. the giants have won superbowls and thats all the proof you need! who knows talent better- mayock or reese!

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 09:03 AM
who cares what that loudmouth thinks. the giants have won superbowls and thats all the proof you need! who knows talent better- mayock or reese!</P>

Thank you for your intelligent input . . . .</P>

miked1958
04-28-2012, 09:04 AM
I think he did a great job regardless of these scores

TuckYou
04-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Great value in the 2nd, a risk but high reward in the 3rd with Hosley. Still not 100% on Wilson, but if Reese felt he was worth it, can't really argue.

Drez
04-28-2012, 09:22 AM
who cares what that loudmouth thinks. the giants have won superbowls and thats all the proof you need! who knows talent better- mayock or reese!</P>

Do you even know who Mayock is or are you just blustering because not all of our picks were graded 100?</P>

Firenugget
04-28-2012, 09:24 AM
who cares what that loudmouth thinks. the giants have won superbowls and thats all the proof you need! who knows talent better- mayock or reese!

Loudmouth? I think you're thinking of someone else. Mayock is usually right on with his player evals. As a matter of fact he was so on that he had Reuben as his 63rd best player and we picked him derpaderp 63rd. He also said David Wilson was the BPA right before we picked and who did we pick? Yeah he's clueless.

Giants10Joe
04-28-2012, 09:27 AM
who cares what that loudmouth thinks. the giants have won superbowls and thats all the proof you need! who knows talent better- mayock or reese!</p>

Do you even know who Mayock is or are you just blustering because not all of our picks were graded 100?</p>

Thou shalt not disrespect former New York Giants.

Drez
04-28-2012, 09:43 AM

Do you even know who Mayock is or are you just blustering because not all of our picks were graded 100?</P>

</P>

I'm not. But, does that include Tiki?</P>

Firenugget
04-28-2012, 09:46 AM
who cares what that loudmouth thinks. the giants have won superbowls and thats all the proof you need! who knows talent better- mayock or reese!</p>

Do you even know who Mayock is or are you just blustering because not all of our picks were graded 100?</p>

</p>

I'm not. But, does that include Tiki?</p>

lol I think he was referring to the post you quoted, not yours. Mayock is a former NYG.

hungrrrry
04-28-2012, 10:48 AM

Cool! I like this...my eyeball test has Rueben as the best value, then Wilson and then Hosley, so I am happy to see I am just as smart! :)

Pa1jintfan
04-28-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm gonna catch he'll for this, but after reading on every single post how Reese is god is getting old. I really do believe in what the giants front office does, and Reese is a great GM. But guys, we simply stayed put and drafted the guys that were obvious picks for us. It's not like Reese is moving all over, trading up and Down. He is simply drafting the BPA. That being said, I feel that it's time to add another starter, and we will have to move up to do so. There is a TE and a O-lineman that fits the bill. We have a solid team right now, I would rather give up the 4-5-6-7 picks to get one more great player who plays 12-15 years for us, rather than a 6-7 pick that probably doesnt make the team. I know, I know, AB was a 7. Let's get a future TE, and big guard, and let Dallas and Washington fight over mr.irrelevant. Go jints

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm gonna catch he'll for this, but after reading on every single post how Reese is god is getting old. I really do believe in what the giants front office does, and Reese is a great GM. But guys, we simply stayed put and drafted the guys that were obvious picks for us. It's not like Reese is moving all over, trading up and Down. He is simply drafting the BPA. That being said, I feel that it's time to add another starter, and we will have to move up to do so. There is a TE and a O-lineman that fits the bill. We have a solid team right now, I would rather give up the 4-5-6-7 picks to get one more great player who plays 12-15 years for us, rather than a 6-7 pick that probably doesnt make the team. I know, I know, AB was a 7. Let's get a future TE, and big guard, and let Dallas and Washington fight over mr.irrelevant. Go jints</P>

We have two forth round picks, and our 5th round pick was Keith Rivers.</P>

I'd be surprised if we traded up in any remaining round. </P>

rondayneblows
04-28-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm gonna catch he'll for this, but after reading on every single post how Reese is god is getting old. I really do believe in what the giants front office does, and Reese is a great GM. But guys, we simply stayed put and drafted the guys that were obvious picks for us. It's not like Reese is moving all over, trading up and Down. He is simply drafting the BPA. That being said, I feel that it's time to add another starter, and we will have to move up to do so. There is a TE and a O-lineman that fits the bill. We have a solid team right now, I would rather give up the 4-5-6-7 picks to get one more great player who plays 12-15 years for us, rather than a 6-7 pick that probably doesnt make the team. I know, I know, AB was a 7. Let's get a future TE, and big guard, and let Dallas and Washington fight over mr.irrelevant. Go jints

Last year the Giants got Jacquain with a 6th, and he was the best player they drafted year 1.

You never know where the diamonds are this late, doesn't make sense to trade multiple picks for a higher 4th that's also unpredictable.

ibbill
04-28-2012, 11:48 AM

+1

NJAquaman
04-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Agreed...

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 02:50 PM

Loudmouth? I think you're thinking of someone else. Mayock is usually right on with his player evals. As a matter of fact he was so on that he had Reuben as his 63rd best player and we picked him derpaderp 63rd. He also said David Wilson was the BPA right before we picked and who did we pick? Yeah he's clueless.
</P>

</P>

Agreed....Mayock is very professional at what he does, and he usually has very complimentary things to say about Coughlin, Reese, and the Giants organization in general.</P>

He's one of the few people that doesn'tjump on the "Coughlin Hot Seat" bull**** every season.</P>