PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be our returners?

Husky
04-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Hixon is back and Wilson has blazing speed. The Gmen will have better field position this year!

NYDestroyer
04-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Coughlin never takes this position seriously. He puts anyone back there as long as they can catch the ball and not fumble. The Giants need a serious Home-run treat that can take it to the house whenever the catches the ball.

SweetZombieJesus
04-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Coughlin never takes this position seriously. He puts anyone back there as long as they can catch the ball and <font size="6">not fumble</font>. The Giants need a serious Home-run treat that can take it to the house whenever the catches the ball.

I'd say that's a certain degree of seriousness.

Personally I'm always afraid of a Sehorn repeat if you put a real team star back there.

titwio
04-28-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm going to predict that Wilson will get the PR duties and Jernigan and Hosley will be on KR's.

(Just realized Hosley ran a 4.38 at the combine) How did that get by me...

Redeyejedi
04-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Hosley can return Kicks as well

Neverend
04-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Maybe we can get Devon wylie in the 6th round, if his medical is really a huge concern. hes a great punt returner, its like this kid watches a ton of film of welker and just copies everything he does on the field

Firenugget
04-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Coughlin never takes this position seriously. He puts anyone back there as long as they can catch the ball and <font size="6">not fumble</font>. The Giants need a serious Home-run treat that can take it to the house whenever the catches the ball.

I'd say that's a certain degree of seriousness.

Personally I'm always afraid of a Sehorn repeat if you put a real team star back there.

Me too. I never want a starter back there.

NYDestroyer
04-28-2012, 09:55 AM
I recommend the giants don't put their future starting running back at this position. I am sure they can find a low draft pick who stinks at everything else except returning puts and kickoffs.[:)]

titwio
04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Maybe we can get Devon wylie in the 6th round, if his medical is really a huge concern. hes a great punt returner, its like this kid watches a ton of film of welker and just copies everything he does on the field

I think he's nicer than Wes with the ball in his hands. He's gonna make some team very happy for them in the slot. Some of his cuts are so sick and he's fast as hell.

jomo
04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
We'll have multiple options this year for the first time in a LONG, LONG time. Good problems.

Firenugget
04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm going to predict that Wilson will get the PR duties and Jernigan and Hosley will be on KR's.

JR said in his presser (I believe I'm remembering this right) that Hosley is better suited to return punts for us rather than kicks but has done both. So I'd imagine PR would be the spot to expect him to get a shot on ST's.

NYGRealityCheck
04-28-2012, 10:13 AM

JR said in his presser (I believe I'm remembering this right) that Hosley is better suited to return punts for us rather than kicks but has done both. So I'd imagine PR would be the spot to expect him to get a shot on ST's.

I think Reese made it clear Hosely was drafted to return punts to fill the GIant's need for PR and to add depth to the defense. He compared him to Pacman Jones' style of play.

Flip Empty
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Scott may carve out a role there.

ibbill
04-28-2012, 10:46 AM

To fast for anyone to see him

par404
04-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Hosley. Kid can fly and elusive.