PDA

View Full Version : Wilson, Randle, Hosley > Jacobs, Manningham, Ross

bflo23
04-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Giants lose 3 players and replace them with 3 better players. In Reese we trust.

NFL network analyst said the Giants had a "tremendous draft" and in the poll, the Giants was considered to have the best draft and edged out the Patriots.

jomo
04-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Giants lose 3 players and replace them with 3 better players. In Reese we trust.

NFL network analyst said the Giants had a "tremendous draft" and in the poll, the Giants was considered to have the best draft and edged out the Patriots.
I hadn't thought of it that way but certainly all 3 have potential to be better than the 3 who have left.

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Excellent point.</P>

Don't know if they'll be better this year, but I think that they will be better down the line . . . </P>

titwio
04-28-2012, 11:31 AM
I think Mario is very underrated by some Giants fans. He was a game breaker and was great after the catch. Not that Randle won't be good but I don't know that he's better than him already.

With that said...I'm VERY excited about this draft class so far.

Flip Empty
04-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Can't make that call before any of them have played a snap.
Jacobs is the Giants'rushing touchdown leader...

Giants... ...edged out the Patriots.

Why isn't that surprising?

Mercury
04-28-2012, 11:38 AM
I can't agree with this. The guys who left leave with their experience, not only NFL experience, but Superbowl experience. Experience cannot be replaced by talent alone.

I especially disagree about Ross. Ross was a number one pick, and though he didn't always play to his potential, (mostly due to injury) he did well for us when we needed him most.

bflo23
04-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Can't make that call before any of them have played a snap.
Jacobs is the Giants'rushing touchdown leader...

Giants... ...edged out the Patriots.

Why isn't that surprising?

I am a big Jacobs fan and one of his biggest defenders on this board. However, Jacobs is nowhere near the RB that he used to be. The line didn't help him but Jacobs can't hit the hole quick enough. He is 30 years old and at that age, it is way past their prime. Average RB career is 3 years. I think the Giants are going to thrive better with the power of Bradshaw and the blazing speed of Wilson.

bflo23
04-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I can't agree with this. The guys who left leave with their experience, not only NFL experience, but Superbowl experience. Experience cannot be replaced by talent alone.

I especially disagree about Ross. Ross was a number one pick, and though he didn't always play to his potential, (mostly due to injury) he did well for us when we needed him most.

Ross was a #1 round pick but he started off great but pretty much fell off after that. He is going to be 30 years old as well. Football is a young man's game and when players lose their speed/quickness due to age like Jacobs and Ross, they need to be replaced with new young talent.

hungrrrry
04-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I really do believe we improved over those three player losses! Very anxious to see how things turn out

Neverend
04-28-2012, 11:46 AM
I think Mario is very underrated by some Giants fans. He was a game breaker and was great after the catch. Not that Randle won't be good but I don't know that he's better than him already.

Agreed

I don't like saying randle is better than manningham. superior route runner and a better fit in this system, but he doesnt have manningham's quickness and deep speed... thats an insult to manningham. he was a good giant that has the potential to excel in another system

uhhuhyup22
04-28-2012, 11:46 AM
I like how the giants three prospects compared to the rams 3 second round picks at the same positions

Wilson, randle, Hosley vs. quick, pead, jenkins

bflo23
04-28-2012, 11:53 AM

Agreed

I don't like saying randle is better than manningham. superior route runner and a better fit in this system, but he doesnt have manningham's quickness and deep speed... thats an insult to manningham. he was a good giant that has the potential to excel in another system

Giants have Nicks and Cruz who have great speed and can go deep. What I always thought the Giants could use was a large WR.... a la Plaxico Burress type. Randle is 6'4" and can fill that need especially when we are talking about close and around the endzone.

<ul> Last season had 53 receptions for 917 yards and 8 touchdowns Tall receiver with good hands - possession receiver Excellent route runner Good down field blocker Can be physical with defensive backs Finds soft spots in zone coverage[/list]

AGiantDynasty
04-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Jacobs, Manningham and Ross have 5 Superbowl Championships between them..

How about we dont disrespect them by saying 3 rookies who havent even made it to training camp are better then them.

We have drafted 3 prospects... They are nothing more until they prove it when it matters.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:11 PM

How about we dont disrespect them by saying 3 rookies who havent even made it to training camp are better then them.*

We have drafted 3 prospects... They are nothing more until they prove it when it matters.

not to attack u or anything, but u come off as being exceptionally self centered. if some one wants to be excited about the draft we have, who the f are u to say otherwise?

we all know they're draft prospects, some people feel they'll be better players than the ones we lost.

but yea, since it doesn't match the way u think, lets put their opinions down...SMH

Neverend
04-28-2012, 12:19 PM

Agreed

Giants have Nicks and Cruz who have great speed and can go deep. What I always thought the Giants could use was a large WR.... a la Plaxico Burress type. Randle is 6'4" and can fill that need especially when we are talking about close and around the endzone.

<ul> Last season had 53 receptions for 917 yards and 8 touchdowns Tall receiver with good hands - possession receiver Excellent route runner Good down field blocker Can be physical with defensive backs Finds soft spots in zone coverage[/list]

i suppose. personally id prefer a speedy type deep threat instead of the big body type but there was nobody there obviously besides randle. randle will never do what manningham does, which is disappear from games

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 12:22 PM
I think its completely possible that Randle becomes a better deep threat than Manningham.

I wouldnt consider either Cruz or Nicks as 'deep threats' but both have had exceptional production deep.

Randle can run, I think he didnt have many deep catches because of the QB play he had.

AGiantDynasty
04-28-2012, 12:27 PM

How about we dont disrespect them by saying 3 rookies who havent even made it to training camp are better then them.

not to attack u or anything, but u come off as being exceptionally self centered. if some one wants to be excited about the draft we have, who the f are u to say otherwise?

we all know they're draft prospects, some people feel they'll be better players than the ones we lost.

but yea, since it doesn't match the way u think, lets put their opinions down...SMH

I would love for you to highlight what it is I said that was not 100% true. Jacobs Manningham and Ross DO have 5 rings... Our 3 rookies do not.

This has NOTHING to do with excitement. Im excited to as I feel we just significantly added speed and athleticism to our team. But unlike you, I would like to see training camp pass before I make outrageous claims like they are better then 3 players who were major players in our winning 2 superbowls.

I have a tissue for you since its obvious you get pretty emotional when someone disagrees with you and adds realism to a discussion.

Did I call the OP names suggesting he has no clue what he is talking about? No. I simply said nothing but facts.

Get over yourself man.. Its obvious from multiple threads you come off as a bit of tool. Go back to Madden..

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:29 PM

How about we dont disrespect them by saying 3 rookies who havent even made it to training camp are better then them.*

I would love for you to highlight what it is I said that was not 100% true.* Jacobs Manningham and Ross DO have 5 rings... Our 3 rookies do not.*

This has NOTHING to do with excitement.* Im excited to as I feel we just significantly added speed and athleticism to our team.* But unlike you, I would like to see training camp pass before I make outrageous claims like they are better then 3 players who were major players in our winning 2 superbowls.*

I have a tissue for you since its obvious you get pretty emotional when someone disagrees with you and adds realism to a discussion.*

Did I call the OP names suggesting he has no clue what he is talking about?* No.* I simply said nothing but facts.*

Get over yourself man.. Its obvious from multiple threads you come off as a bit of tool.* Go back to Madden..

lmfao...whatever u say boss...

bflo23
04-28-2012, 12:31 PM

I am being realistic and taking age and latest production as a factor. I am not comparing the 25 year old Jacobs to Wilson. I am comparing the 30 year old Jacobs. Sure Jacobs won 2 super bowls but that still doesn't change the fact that he is 30 years old and has lost his speed/power/quickness due to father time.... As for Ross, I still believed that he started off amazing and then tailed off. He is also 30 years old.

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 12:33 PM

Well Sinorice Moss has a SB ring too, did that mean he was better than Nicks?

While I understand what you are saying about experience and NFL production, that doesnt mean the rookies wont or cant be better. Its not a sign of disrespect to the former giants.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:34 PM

Well Sinorice Moss has a SB ring too, did that mean he was better than Nicks?

While I understand what you are saying about experience and NFL production, that doesnt mean the rookies wont or cant be better. Its not a sign of disrespect to the former giants.

well said

swimeasy
04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I think its completely possible that Randle becomes a better deep threat than Manningham.

I wouldnt consider either Cruz or Nicks as 'deep threats' but both have had exceptional production deep.

Randle can run, I think he didnt have many deep catches because of the QB play he had.

This and what's that expression- 'you can't teach height'.

Also excited about our selections so far. Now let's go get some OL.

NY_Eli
04-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Look I'm loving the draft so far but you really can't assume that before these guys hit the field.

BJacobs aka The Problem
04-28-2012, 01:16 PM
It's really hard for me to agree with this assessment.

Even though Jacobs didn't have the same production he had during his early years, he still did produce and he was one of the teams emotional leaders.

Manningham will always be underrated and somewhat of an underachiever for the Giants. The kid had a "you can't touch me" swag to him and for a while there, proved it. He came up big when the Giants needed him in the playoffs and his ability to make tight catches and run after the catch is going to be missed.

Ross, I always been on the fence with this guy. I really wanted to see him break out. He was always right there on cusp of breaking out, but never would really cross that line. He was inconsistent, but always just good enough when the Giants needed him.

Hopefully these rooks will be better, but it's just too hard to agree with you right now.

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 01:20 PM
I think Mario is very underrated by some Giants fans. He was a game breaker and was great after the catch. Not that Randle won't be good but I don't know that he's better than him already. With that said...I'm VERY excited about this draft class so far.</P>

I agree....Manningham proved his worth in SB46. But, the Giants struck gold when they signed Cruz, so Manningham became the odd man out when the salary cap math had to be worked out.</P>

I'm glad they got Randle, though.....and with Cruz and Nicks already at 1/2, he can get worked into the gameplan.</P>

nycsportzfan
04-28-2012, 01:22 PM
whoa guys! Jacobs and Mario were pretty good for us.. I hope that Wilson and Randle are better then those 2, but it isn't some obvious thing.... We shall see, but they got alot of production to put up before that happens..

GIANTSACK
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM

0 ring compare to 5. Lets hope they surpass them in that category

GIANTSACK
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM

0 ring compare to 5. Lets hope they surpass them in that category

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 01:32 PM
I really like this Randle pick....most had him pegged as a late 1st/early 2nd prospect.</P>

</P>

The biggest knock against him is that his QBs at LSU sucked ***.</P>

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
I really like this Randle pick....most had him pegged as a late 1st/early 2nd prospect.</P>

*</P>

The biggest knock against him is that his QBs at LSU sucked ***.</P>

me too. love how he can run the full route tree, love the comparisons hes getting to nicks...but i especially love how JR, Ross say he's nfl ready and will be a quick fit into the offense...we could see him making an impact early in the season which will be huge...