PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Mosley - our OTHER 4th round pick

Overdrive92
04-28-2012, 01:43 PM
OT from Auburn.

We don't pick again until late in the 6th now. We traded our 5th rounder for Keith Rivers.

NYGiants2120
04-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Can anyone post some reviews on him?

Bones911
04-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Mosley played defensive end and tight end at Coffeyville Community College. He converted to the offensive tackle position after signing with Auburn. He continues to develop both physically and with his skill set, and has some traits that make him a late-round prospect.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Mosley is good at mirroring the defender and keeping his man in front of him. He is not a violent blocker but can move people enough to create a hole. He has played in a spread offense where he was responsible for walling defenders off and getting to the second level, which he excels at.
WEAKNESSES Mosley is a clear developmental prospect for two reasons: he hasn't played the position long, and he played in a spread offense which is far from conventional for an NFL tackle. He will have a serious developmental phase.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 01:47 PM

very raw with a bunch of potential. pretty quick feet, can get to the second level. played in the SEC so he's def. been tested...anohter interesting pick. he'll take a while to be gameday ready, but flaherty is a great OL coach...this is a potential pick imo

TuckYou
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Like this pick. Mosley and Potter were on my radar in the 4th. He will take a year or 2 but has serious upside. Imo, he could be our future LT. Played against SEC defenders so he has been tested vs the best. Raw. Great feet. Good movement. Sounds like another Beatty.

bansaw
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
looks like he's going to be strong as an ox

our new Guy Whimper

ibbill
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Can anyone post some reviews on him?2012 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn
Mosley played at Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College before transferring to Auburn in 2010. The offensive tackle instantly became a starter and remained as such for two seasons. For the National Champion Tigers in 2010, the line allowed only 23 sacks in 296 pass attempts. It helped the team rush for 254 yards and rack up 519 yards total offense in the championship game against Oregon. Auburn suffered a significant dropoff in 2011, but that was mostly due to the departure of Cam Newton in addition to the loss of key defenders. The offensive line remained solid and helped all four of the team's top rushers average at least four yards per carry (and three of the top four average more than five yards per attempt).
Mosley has good size at 6'5'' and 305 pounds, but it is his athleticism and quickness that will make him a force at the next level. The Jefferson, GA native generally runs in the 5.2s of the 40-yard dash and he has been clocked as fast as 5.06 from that distance. He even played some defense end and tight end at junior college. Now strictly an offensive tackle, Mosley has a good burst off the ball and uses his hands well to fend off pass-rushers. He would do well to add some more bulk to his frame, as he can sometimes get overpowered by defensive ends. Mosley struggled a bit at left tackle and will surely line up on the right side early in his NFL career. Look for him to be a second or third-round selection in April's draft.

RoanokeFan
04-28-2012, 01:57 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/brandon-mosley?id=2532918 (http://)

"<font size="4">Overview</font><section>

Mosley played defensive end and tight end at Coffeyville Community College.
He converted to the offensive tackle position after signing with Auburn. He
continues to develop both physically and with his skill set, and has some traits
that make him a late-round prospect.</p></section><section>
<h3>Analysis</h3><article>
<h4>Strengths</h4>Mosley is good at mirroring the defender and keeping his man
in front of him. He is not a violent blocker but can move people enough to
create a hole. He has played in a spread offense where he was responsible for
walling defenders off and getting to the second level, which he excels at.
</article><article>
<h4>Weaknesses</h4>Mosley is a clear developmental prospect for two reasons: he
hasn't played the position long, and he played in a spread offense which is far
from conventional for an NFL tackle. <font color="#0000FF">He will have a serious developmental phase."

</font></article></section>

NYGRealityCheck
04-28-2012, 02:01 PM
For the 4th round picks, good athletes that the Giants will develop into NFL players. I'm fine with that.

Bones911
04-28-2012, 02:06 PM
NFL video on Mosley:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d827ce175/2012-combine-workout-Brandon-Mosley

Zaggs
04-28-2012, 02:18 PM
If you're going to have to develop someone, why not Sanders who has a better head on him?

nycsportzfan
04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Can anyone post some reviews on him? very raw with a bunch of potential. pretty quick feet, can get to the second level. played in the SEC so he's def. been tested...anohter interesting pick. he'll take a while to be gameday ready, but flaherty is a great OL coach...this is a potential pick imo He can play.. I think he'll challenge brewer, and to be honest, maxes out as a LT... Mosely was very good late rd 4 value... Hes my 2nd favorite pick we made, behind Jayron Hosely..

G-Men Surg.
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
That's the only one that I've got right till this moment and at the exact same sport !!! WOHAAAA!

kbusch22
04-28-2012, 02:52 PM
The Giants pick a developmental OL prospect in the middle of the draft pretty much every year. Mosley will more than likely be inactive every week in his rookie year as long as the line stays healthy. Hopefully it works out.

Meanwhile last year's developmental pick, James Brewer, will probably find his way onto the active roster most weeks as the 7th lineman and he could end up as a jumbo package guy for this year. The 6th lineman will be whoever doesn't start between Boothe and Locklear (depends on where they decide to put Diehl).

NewYorkSwagg
04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
This guy is a very good OT I wouldn't be surprised if he beat out the other back up guys. I seen him when Cam Newton was there at QB this is a good pick a mid round steal.

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Just like Greg Jones last year. Get a good player at a later round. Good job Reese!

Predicting one player is an accomplishment!

Give him a year or two and he will challenge for the LT or become a very good backup.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Just like Greg Jones last year. Get a good player at a later round. Good job Reese!

Predicting one player is an accomplishment!

Give him a year or two and he will challenge for the LT or become a very good backup.

if they can develop him, he could be an excellent T. very athletic

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 03:25 PM
I like the fact that he's from the SEC.....he's definitely gone against the best defenses at his level, in huge games.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 03:26 PM
I like the fact that he's from the SEC.....he's definitely gone against the best defenses at his level, in huge games.

excellent point

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I like the fact that he's from the SEC.....he's definitely gone against the best defenses at his level, in huge games. excellent point</P>

And if his biggest "weakness" is that he's a work in progress, he's going to one of the best line coaches in the game.</P>

If this kid is capable of getting to "the next level", Flaherty and Coughlin will get him there.</P>

I like his size, too....6-6 means he can probably bulk up under a pro conditioning program.</P>

"....While undeniably raw, scouts won't lose sight of the fact that Mosley maintained good initial quickness despite adding weight and stepped into the country's toughest conference and played well immediately. Considering his long arms, surprisingly powerful base and a tenacious playing style that will endear him to offensive line coaches, don't be surprised if Mosley earns a middle-round grade from some teams despite the fact that he's remains very much a work in progress.</P>
<DIV class="featureComponent stdPad" expando>Positives: Eases out of his stance and has a finisher's mentality. Bends his knees, has above-average mobility and keeps his base square to adjust to counters. Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level. </DIV>
<DIV class="featureComponent stdPad" expando></DIV>
<DIV class="featureComponent stdPad" expando>Negatives: Raw and might not fit in some schemes, especially early in his career. Aggressiveness can be used against him. Hasn't been consistently tested over multiple seasons against speed rushers and benefitted from a loaded offense -- and few isolated matchups vs. pass rushers -- in 2010. ..." </DIV>

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1749916/brandon-mosley</P>

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Really crossing my fingers on having Beatty to stay injury free this season because I don't think Mosley should really be on the field at all this season but his potential is great

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Really crossing my fingers on having Beatty to stay injury free this season because I don't think Mosley should really be on the field at all this season but his potential is great</P>

Me too. If Beatty can recover, it's huge.</P>

But definitely like this pick, at this spot.</P>

I'd give Reese/Ross a solid "A" in this draft so far.</P>