PDA

View Full Version : Our new TE situation

Serg812
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
I like how our group is looking. Bennett, Pascoe and our rookie Robinson are all good blockers. What gets me most excited is that 2 of those guys are freak athletes.
Bennett is 6'6 270 and runs a 4.6.
Robinson is 6'4 260 and runs a 4.5.
Give these toys to Pope and I'm confident he can make them into huge targets for Eli who will turn them into gold because that's just what he does.
Love what Pascoe does for us. He's one of those "football players" we all need on the team. I don't want him going anywhere.

NewYorkSwagg
04-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Robinson is good he will push bennett for the starting spot this guy can catch I seen him play.

JacksGiant76
04-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Robinson is good he will push bennett for the starting spot this guy can catch I seen him play.

Doubt it, he'll be number 3 or 4 on the depth chart.

NewYorkSwagg
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Sorry you just don't know about this kid, he will beat out Bennett he can catch better than bennett and can block like him as well running a 4.5. This is what I wanted the Giants to do find a really good TE in the mid round we didn't need to waste a 1st on Fleener this was GREAT.

NYGRealityCheck
04-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Robinson is raw. Let's see what Mike Pope can turn him into. From the workout video, it looks like he can improve on his footwork for starters.

Zoboomafoo
04-28-2012, 09:05 PM
I think the Giants would rather have a blocker they can develop into a pass catcher than turn a pass catcher into a blocker. They rely on the blocking, but they don't rely on the receiving. Look what they did with Ballard.

GameTime
04-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Don't forget about Christian Hopkins on the PS. Coaches seem to like the kid and he is big.

He will make some noise this preseason hopefully.

miked1958
04-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Don't forget about Christian Hopkins on the PS. Coaches seem to like the kid and he is big.

He will make some noise this preseason hopefully.We had no TEs now we have to many

NYGRealityCheck
04-28-2012, 09:50 PM

He will make some noise this preseason hopefully.We had no TEs now we have to many

That's what preseason is for. There will be lots of competition and the players that don't cut it will eventually get cut...

nygfan0816
04-28-2012, 10:00 PM
bennett is a good blocker, average reciever which is good but hes only here for 1 yr.

pascoe is good as the blocking TE/FB

beckum is trash

gotta see how robinson and hopkins come along. guys like cruz dont just fall out of the sky though.

p.s. i know its way to early, but fasano and miller are free agents after this season. just an fyi