PDA

View Full Version : goal line back?

nygfan0816
04-28-2012, 05:02 PM
who will be our goal line back that jacobs was?

we dont have a power back, so do we just use bradshaw or wilson?

maybe we go goal line formation wit 6 linemen, 2 TE, have pascoe as FB and hynoski as RB. kinda like what the packers do with kuhn.

Axels15
04-28-2012, 05:04 PM
I say Bradshaw. He's much better between the tackles than he's given credit for

JMFP2
04-28-2012, 05:31 PM
who will be our goal line back that jacobs was? we dont have a power back, so do we just use bradshaw or wilson? maybe we go goal line formation wit 6 linemen, 2 TE, have pascoe as FB and hynoski as RB. kinda like what the packers do with kuhn.</P>

Wilson, eventually.</P>

BrandonJacobs
04-28-2012, 07:05 PM
I hate Ware, but the one thing he seemed good at was converting on those two point conversions last year...

Vtgmenfan89
04-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Honestly, Bradshaw was more of our goal line back anyways. Remember the bills game? He walked into the end zone and jumped over the line as well. Jacobs has not been our short yardage or goal line back in awhile.

Evo'Ed
04-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Jacobs was not a good short yardage/goal line RB considering his size.

We should get Gerald Riggs or Marcus Allen out of retirement!

Drez
04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
AB was a better goal line back than BJ was anyway.

NYGRealityCheck
04-28-2012, 11:05 PM
the tough and rough Bradshaw...

NY_Eli
04-28-2012, 11:07 PM
mitch petrus

NYGRealityCheck
04-28-2012, 11:08 PM
mitch petrus

lol in that case, big ol Shaun Rodgers

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 11:10 PM
actually, with how explosive wilson is and how he is a fast twitch quick, he very well could be the goal line back bc he should be able to reach the marker before the defense can collapse our OL...he's also a great north/south runner so he should be able to get to the marker faster than the d can make a play on him

FBomb
04-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Wait.......BJ was a goal line back? Who knew?

bashful
04-28-2012, 11:24 PM
I did not realize Jacobs was a goaline backe. Half the time he was *****. Couldn't not get a yard. Good riddins

JMFP2
04-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Honestly, Bradshaw was more of our goal line back anyways. Remember the bills game? He walked into the end zone and jumped over the line as well. Jacobs has not been our short yardage or goal line back in awhile.</P>

With the way the kid can do a backflip, I'm guessing Wilson can launch himselfover the pile.</P>

JJC7301
04-29-2012, 01:21 AM
+1. I think AB was actually better than BJ at the goal line the past couple of years. I wanted BJ to stay, so I'm not knocking him, just saying.

JMFP2
04-29-2012, 01:24 AM
I say Bradshaw. He's much better between the tackles than he's given credit for +1. I think AB was actually better than BJ at the goal line the past couple of years. I wanted BJ to stay, so I'm not knocking him, just saying.</P>

Bradshaw was good at the goal line, I agree.</P>

NY_Eli
04-29-2012, 01:28 AM
actually, with how explosive wilson is and how he is a fast twitch quick, he very well could be the goal line back bc he should be able to reach the marker before the defense can collapse our OL...he's also a great north/south runner so he should be able to get to the marker faster than the d can make a play on him

I think he runs too upright at the moment to be an effective goal line back, bradshaw is better at slipping underneath. But we'll see.

berya
04-29-2012, 09:58 AM

Lol

swimeasy
04-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I say Bradshaw. He's much better between the tackles than he's given credit for +1. I think AB was actually better than BJ at the goal line the past couple of years. I wanted BJ to stay, so I'm not knocking him, just saying.</p>

Bradshaw was good at the goal line, I agree.</p>

+3

Redeyejedi
04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Who ever it is it will be an improvement

Zoboomafoo
04-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Martinek.

Diamondring
04-29-2012, 10:36 AM

maybe we go goal line formation wit 6 linemen, 2 TE, have pascoe as FB and hynoski as RB. kinda like what the packers do with kuhn.This may be obvious but the Giants drafted a te and some posters said he can block. We can use him to help the backs do things in goalline situations. All the extra blocker has to do is go in and do his job. A back doesn't have to be a lot powerful to runner in short yardage situations even though it would help.

Toadofsteel
04-29-2012, 10:48 AM
+1. I think AB was actually better than BJ at the goal line the past couple of years. I wanted BJ to stay, so I'm not knocking him, just saying.

Remember in the Jets game when Bradshaw absolutely levelled that safety en route to a TD?

Yeah... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TULbChC06qU)

THE_New_York_Giants
04-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I would not be shocked if it ends up being Hynoski based on highlights I've seen of him from college and high school.

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 10:52 AM
I would not be shocked if it ends up being Hynoski based on highlights I've seen of him from college and high school.

Hynoski runs way way too high to be a short yardage runner

SweetZombieJesus
04-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Jacobs was never really a power back to begin with anyway.

We always tried to use him that way, because of his size, but I can't count how many times he went down easy behind the line or tried to run sideways. Jacobs needed to get past the line and build a head of steam for his size to work.

And it's been a couple of years since he was able to do that.

SweetZombieJesus
04-29-2012, 12:46 PM
With the way the kid can do a backflip, I'm guessing Wilson can launch himselfover the pile.

But will he have to take the snap backwards and moonwalk to the line of scrimmage?

NYGRealityCheck
04-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Lol

Now, Jacobs might not have a RB job in SF soon. SF drafted RB Lamichael James in the second round.
Gore's still their primary RB and RB Kendall Hunter has so much more upside compared to Jacobs as well.

RoanokeFan
04-29-2012, 01:01 PM

maybe we go goal line formation wit 6 linemen, 2 TE, have pascoe as FB and hynoski as RB. kinda like what the packers do with kuhn.

Whoever can get it done.