PDA

View Full Version : Vontaze burfict

Pa1jintfan
04-28-2012, 06:39 PM
There is no reason at all why we don't explore him with our last pick. It's well worth the risk. This guy has a nasty streak to him. He would definitely be worth a disposable pick. Could be a home run.

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Prisons are filled with guys with nasty streaks.</P>

This guy is a terrible football player with a poor work ethic and attitude.</P>

Stop it with the stupid Burfict threads already.</P>

Pa1jintfan
04-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Hopefully they get him, just to piss you off.... Haha

RagTime Blue
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Hopefully they get him, just to piss you off.... Haha

lol, well I hear you, but I don't think there's such a thing as a disposable pick. We got NFL quality players in the 7th round in the past.

Especially with the salary cap the way it is (especially with us), drafted players are the only ones who are economical in the long run.

michaelkhan3
04-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Travis Lewis is still out there who was thought of one of the top college linebackers the 2 years ago. I'd rather him but Burfict would be an exciting pick at least

myles2424
04-28-2012, 06:52 PM
How about Travis Lewis? Some around here talked him up in the 1st round before he didn't declare last draft...

GiantLife615
04-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Why us? because his name was previously mentioned with the Giants? Why not any of the other teams in the league? get over it

FUUFNF
04-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Why waste a pick?... If we really wanted him, we could always sign him as an undrafted FA... Not sayin' we should, but just sayin' we could.

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
I'd rather have RoanokeFan play LBer for us than see Burfict come 50 miles near Giants property.

sharick88
04-28-2012, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 7th round. Most 7th round picks never make an impact in the league. If he does well, great. If not, who cares. I think some of you guys are treating a 7th round pick like it's a first round pick. LOL

Axels15
04-28-2012, 07:03 PM
nope don't want

sharick88
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
nope don't want

I don't want him either, but what would we really have to lose? A 7th round pick?

BlueSanta
04-28-2012, 07:07 PM
I want all the people who, just a couple months ago, were calling for this kid to be our 1st round pick to come in here and eat a plate full of crow.

nevada11
04-28-2012, 07:09 PM
I want all the people who, just a couple months ago, were calling for this kid to be our 1st round pick to come in here and eat a plate full of crow.

Ur actually telling people to "eat crow"?

The same guy who thought there was no way fleener could run an elite 40. and when he did u just refused to eat crow

Flip Empty
04-28-2012, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 7th round. Most 7th round picks never make an impact in the league. If he does well, great. If not, who cares. I think some of you guys are treating a 7th round pick like it's a first round pick. LOL
Well Ahmad Bradshaw was a 7th...

sharick88
04-28-2012, 07:13 PM

Coming into this past college season, tons of people had him going in the first round. You are going to have a long line of people to feed that crow to. People hit or miss with these prospects all of the time. It is what it is

sharick88
04-28-2012, 07:13 PM
I stand by what I said. MOST 7th rounders never make an impact in the league.

XxBigWhitxX
04-28-2012, 07:14 PM
We really have nothing to lose and alot to gain. Why the hell not. But thats up to Reese and Co. not us.

Neverend
04-28-2012, 07:15 PM
If Burfict was in shape and ran a great 40 at the combine

I would still not draft him.

B-Red22
04-28-2012, 07:17 PM
How about Travis Lewis? Some around here talked him up in the 1st round before he didn't declare last draft...
Travis Lewis was drafted by the Lions

DownWitJPP
04-28-2012, 07:18 PM
here's your answer to why no one wants Burfict

Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Close
For those asking about Burfict, you should hear the scouting report @NYPost_Schwartz just read. Said everything but "kicks dogs."

XxBigWhitxX
04-28-2012, 07:25 PM

For those asking about Burfict, you should hear the scouting report @NYPost_Schwartz just read. Said everything but "kicks dogs."Kinda wanna read this scouting report.

BlueSanta
04-28-2012, 07:26 PM

Coming into this past college season, tons of people had him going in the first round. You are going to have a long line of people to feed that crow to. People hit or miss with these prospects all of the time. It is what it is

Im not talking about the people who liked him "coming into this college season" because in 2010 he was a decent player. Im talking about the people who after the 2011 season were screaming for him in the 1st round, there were a ton of thse people. Anyone who knows a single thing about football and who watched ANY of his games in 2011, and not just his youtube hit videos that hide his enormous number of mistakes, knows for a fact that this kid was a bum.

sharick88
04-28-2012, 07:31 PM

Im not talking about the people who liked him "coming into this college season" because in 2010 he was a decent player. Im talking about the people who after the 2011 season were screaming for him in the 1st round, there were a ton of thse people. Anyone who knows a single thing about football and who watched ANY of his games in 2011, and not just his youtube hit videos that hide his enormous number of mistakes, knows for a fact that this kid was a bum.

Personally, I saw a guy that made some big hits, but lacks any discipline. His conduct and performance at the combine proved that. He seemed like someone that feels entitled. Maybe, just maybe, our organization could humble this guy. We have a ton of character guys on the roster. Maybe someone will straighten this kid out. Anyways, I personally don't see the huge risk if we draft this guy with our 7th round pick. If it hits, great. If not, oh well.

Drez
04-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Prisons are filled with guys with nasty streaks.</P>

This guy is a terrible football player with a poor work ethic and attitude.</P>

Stop it with the stupid Burfict threads already.</P>

</P>

Can't remember who it was, but someone on Twitter said that Burfict's scouting report said everytthing but "kicks dogs" on it. </P>

Sure, gotta love guys with nasty streaks, but that streak should end on the field.</P>

Firenugget
04-28-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't want to see a guy like that on this team. Don't need the drama and in NY I'm sure he'd have some drama at some point.

moecoastie
04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
correct me if Im wrong, but isnt all his drama on-the-field drama?

personally, I dont count 420 as drama...it's stupid. Especially knowing youre gonna get tested...but not drama.

C1010
04-28-2012, 07:58 PM

For those asking about Burfict, you should hear the scouting report @NYPost_Schwartz just read. Said everything but "kicks dogs."Kinda wanna read this scouting report.

x2 haha

Its just crazy how a kid that was touted as being a 1st rounder can most likely do undrafted.

moecoastie
04-28-2012, 08:05 PM

x2 haha

Its just crazy how a kid that was touted as being a 1st rounder can most likely do undrafted.

apathy destroys dreams.

Im no scout, but I did enjoy watching his youtube videos and thought when he did make plays, he was playing at a different level than anyone else on the field.

I dont think this guy is a bad kid and I dont believe he's been in any legal troubles. Only thing I can think of is this guy is socially inept.

Firenugget
04-28-2012, 08:09 PM

personally, I dont count 420 as drama...it's stupid. Especially knowing youre gonna get tested...but not drama.

And you don't think a guy like that (hot head, lack of common sense) is gonna get into some off the field trouble when he gets a pocket full of cash and let loose in a big city? You're fooling yourself. However, if he goes undrafted I wouldn't be opposed to signing him as a UFA. If he screws up it makes it alot easier to just wave goodbye.

C1010
04-28-2012, 08:18 PM

x2 haha

apathy destroys dreams.

Im no scout, but I did enjoy watching his youtube videos and thought when he did make plays, he was playing at a different level than anyone else on the field.

I dont think this guy is a bad kid and I dont believe he's been in any legal troubles. Only thing I can think of is this guy is socially inept.

x2 I enjoyed watching his highlights. Maybe a team will give him a shot and he works his way up.

greenca190
04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
The guy was passed on 253 times. It gets to the point where you have to think, maybe he just isn't that good. Guys with character concerns are drafted throughout the draft, because where they might be of a liability off the field, they still play well.

moecoastie
04-28-2012, 09:12 PM

And you don't think a guy like that (hot head, lack of common sense) is gonna get into some off the field trouble when he gets a pocket full of cash and let loose in a big city? You're fooling yourself. However, if he goes undrafted I wouldn't be opposed to signing him as a UFA. If he screws up it makes it alot easier to just wave goodbye.

from my understanding of the things Ive read about him the last few months, he's a "home-body." He'd rather sit at home playing xbox and chillin with his dog instead of going out on the town.

Seems to me, he's extremely aggressive on the field, even crossing the line a number of times. But that aggression does not translate off the field (minus the fight with his teammate).

GMENAGAIN
04-28-2012, 09:18 PM
The guy was passed on 253 times. It gets to the point where you have to think, maybe he just isn't that good. Guys with character concerns are drafted throughout the draft, because where they might be of a liability off the field, they still play well.</P>

Exactly . . . on top of everything else, the guy is a bad football player. If he was a good player with character issues, someone would have taken a chance on hom (see Jenkins, Janoris)</P>

moecoastie
04-28-2012, 09:22 PM
The guy was passed on 253 times. It gets to the point where you have to think, maybe he just isn't that good. Guys with character concerns are drafted throughout the draft, because where they might be of a liability off the field, they still play well.</P>

Exactly . . . on top of everything else, the guy is a bad football player.* If he was a good player with character issues, someone would have taken a chance on hom (see Jenkins, Janoris)</P>

I think what played the biggest factor in his downfall is the fact he refuses to take responsibility for everything that had happened at ASU.

Juanito
04-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Signing for the Bengals apparently.

moecoastie
04-28-2012, 09:38 PM

link?

I might be able to watch a few of his games.

nvm...found it

moecoastie
04-28-2012, 09:38 PM

link?

I might be able to watch a few of his games.

nvm...found it

burier
04-30-2012, 05:38 PM
I think the kid not being drafted is the craziest thing. I can see the combine performance/interviews/420 makiing him slide alot but to go undrafted.

The kid was a actually considered a top 10 prospect at 1 point.

To me a player that showed that kind of upside is worth a 7th round pick.

Also just because teams passed him up doesn't mean he's not a good player.

Bradshaw is a 7th rounder...

And where was Tom Brady drafted again?

How many teams passed on Victor Cruz?

I have a feeling that a bunch of teams are gonna kick themselves for not drafting him...especially in the later rounds.

burier
04-30-2012, 05:38 PM
I think the kid not being drafted is the craziest thing. I can see the combine performance/interviews/420 makiing him slide alot but to go undrafted.

The kid was a actually considered a top 10 prospect at 1 point.

To me a player that showed that kind of upside is worth a 7th round pick.

Also just because teams passed him up doesn't mean he's not a good player.

Bradshaw is a 7th rounder...

And where was Tom Brady drafted again?

How many teams passed on Victor Cruz?

I have a feeling that a bunch of teams are gonna kick themselves for not drafting him...especially in the later rounds.

Drez
04-30-2012, 06:02 PM
For every Ahmad Bradshaw you find in the 7th round there's 29 guys that have trouble holding a roster spot for more than a year or two.

sharick88
04-30-2012, 06:20 PM
For every Ahmad Bradshaw you find in the 7th round there's 29 guys that have trouble holding a roster spot for more than a year or two.

Exactly my point

BlueSanta
04-30-2012, 07:11 PM
A couple months ago we had people saying we should draft this kid in the 1st round.

To think how we missed out! Its not every day you can draft a fat, slow, lazy, foul tempered, undisciplined and unintelligent football player who's college teammates hated him and who was told not to return to his college program for his senior year.

Drafting guys like this are once in a generation opportunity.

fourth&forever
04-30-2012, 07:13 PM

Cincinnati, I should have known.

LINK
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/vontaze-burfict-gets-a-chance-with-cincinnati-bengals/2012/04/30/gIQAwQO9rT_blog.html

sorry I have an Apple, cant do hyperlinks.

Hooligans
04-30-2012, 07:26 PM
There is no reason at all why we don't explore him with our last pick. It's well worth the risk. This guy has a nasty streak to him. He would definitely be worth a disposable pick. Could be a home run.

Please - this idiot runs a 5.0 40 yard dash and is a cancer in the lockerroom....there is a good reason nobody drafted him.

slipknottin
04-30-2012, 07:32 PM

This is hilarious. I take it you watched the youtube video where he points at the QB. Most athletic thing he did all season.

nevada11
04-30-2012, 07:43 PM

This is hilarious. I take it you watched the youtube video where he points at the QB. Most athletic thing he did all season.

He looked athletic in 2010 tho

JJC7301
04-30-2012, 11:02 PM
I would have drafted him with the 6th or 7th pick, or signed him as an UDFA.

BlueSanta
05-01-2012, 02:51 AM

C'mon, be fair. Im pretty sure punching a guy and headbutting all in the same play is more athletic than pointing.

michaelkhan3
05-03-2012, 10:33 AM

For those asking about Burfict, you should hear the scouting report @NYPost_Schwartz just read. Said everything but "kicks dogs."

What about kills dogs? Cause there is a guy that killed dogs and he is the starting QB for a team in the NFL

Redeyejedi
05-03-2012, 10:47 AM

This is hilarious. I take it you watched the youtube video where he points at the QB. Most athletic thing he did all season.His tape was so bad this year. Then he just kept piling it on with personality issues

idiotekniQues
05-03-2012, 11:11 AM
he can get back in shape. we will see what he does in cincinnati if what he says is true, that he is going to get back to his previous form and keep his head on straight.

i would have taken a shot at him as an UDFA. why not.

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 11:34 AM

What about kills dogs? Cause there is a guy that killed dogs and he is the starting QB for a team in the NFL

My friend if you take a trip down south Virginia is one of many states and Vick is one of thousands of people that fight dogs. Dog fighting is a 400 year old sport. They have **** fights too in the country, but I don't see anybody crying for the chickens. Chickens are tasty though, so they don't count.

jhamburg
05-03-2012, 11:50 AM

My friend if you take a trip down south Virginia is one of many states and Vick is one of thousands of people that fight dogs. Dog fighting is a 400 year old sport. They have **** fights too in the country, but I don't see anybody crying for the chickens. Chickens are tasty though, so they don't count.

Um, ****fighting is illegal in 50 states too

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 11:55 AM
The kid never had any legal problems. He has no drug issues. He lacks discipline in all areas of his life. At the NFL level if you have as severe a problem with disclipline as Burfict success is highly improbable. He's going to have to make some life altering choices to establish discipline in his life. I'd say akin to an alcoholic dealing with sobriety.
<b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/>
He's definitely worth a 7th rounder. With our MLB candidates we should have been first in line, but we never go after guys with character issues. William Joseph was the only guy I can remember in recent years and that did not turn out well.
If you bring up Hosley or Bradshaw. I think our research showed that they made a mistake and didn't have a history of drug or any character problems.
NFL teams are not in the business of building men they build winning football teams. He's got some growing up to do because people in his life gave him a pass based on his athletic ability and unfortunately in the end he is the one that will suffer.
As a GM I would have had to sit down and have a a thorough interrogation of the guy to find out where his head is at and let him know what it takes to turn his life around. The kid can do it if he's commited. This is not a bad seed, just a kid with problems and we all have problems, it's just that his are under the spotlight.

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Jay walking, driving over the speed limit, not wearing a seatbelt, are also illegal in 50 states what's your point?

jhamburg
05-03-2012, 12:08 PM

Jay walking, driving over the speed limit, not wearing a seatbelt, are also illegal in 50 states what's your point?

Which one of those is a felony?

You're acting like ****fighting is tolerated behavior. Tell your neighbor that you host ****fights in your basement on friday nights and see how that works out for you.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-43.gif

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 12:31 PM

You're acting like ****fighting is tolerated behavior. Tell your neighbor that you host ****fights in your basement on friday nights and see how that works out for you.

In West Virginia you'll get a bottle a shine and your neighbor will tell you he'll be there on time and ready for a show.

I wouldn't fight my dog but let's not pretend Vick some pariah of society. He was put in jail for for running a large scale gambling operation. Fighting dogs is not a felony. Remember your views are not everybody's views. Dog fighting is an accepted underground sport in many parts of this country- legal or not. FYI legal and illegal is not the determinate of right and wrong.

Redeyejedi
05-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Did anyone watch Burficts games this year they were awful. He doesnt listen to coaches and has zero respect for his teammates.He plays for himself only. He ignores his responsibility to freelance to try to be the man that makes the Highlight play. Maybe U could ignore all that if he had elite athletic ability but he doesnt.In fact he proved to have average CFB athleticism. So basically u are left with an average athlete with below average instincts, no discipline who is a bad teammate.

jhamburg
05-03-2012, 12:46 PM

In West Virginia you'll get a bottle a shine and your neighbor will tell you he'll be there on time and ready for a show.

I wouldn't fight my dog but let's not pretend Vick some pariah of society. He was put in jail for for running a large scale gambling operation. Fighting dogs is not a felony. Remember your views are not everybody's views. Dog fighting is an accepted underground sport in many parts of this country- legal or not. FYI legal and illegal is not the determinate of right and wrong.

Dogfighting absolutely is a felony in every state, I don't know where you're getting that information from. And Vick is a pariah, he is frequently cited as one of the most hated figures in sports (less so now than right after the charges came out, but he did time in prison already).

I don't need to accept everyone's views as legitimate. There are plenty of people in this world who believe that death by stoning is a perfectly good punishment for adultery or homosexuality.

If you enjoy watching dogs maim and kill each other for sport, that is a sign that you are a seriously disturbed individual. I don't care if it's a 400 year old sport, I don't think I need to list all of the things that were done 400 years ago that don't need to be continued today.

GMENAGAIN
05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
here's your answer to why no one wants Burfict Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Close For those asking about Burfict, you should hear the scouting report @NYPost_Schwartz just read. Said everything but "kicks dogs."

My friend if you take a trip down south Virginia is one of many states and Vick is one of thousands of people that fight dogs. Dog fighting is a 400 year old sport. They have **** fights too in the country, but I don't see anybody crying for the chickens. Chickens are tasty though, so they don't count. Um, ****fighting is illegal in 50 states too Jay walking, driving over the speed limit, not wearing a seatbelt, are also illegal in 50 states what's your point? Which one of those is a felony? You're acting like ****fighting is tolerated behavior. Tell your neighbor that you host ****fights in your basement on friday nights and see how that works out for you. In West Virginia you'll get a bottle a shine and your neighbor will tell you he'll be there on time and ready for a show. I wouldn't fight my dog but let's not pretend Vick some pariah of society. He was put in jail for for running a large scale gambling operation. Fighting dogs is not a felony. Remember your views are not everybody's views. Dog fighting is an accepted underground sport in many parts of this country- legal or not. FYI legal and illegal is not the determinate of right and wrong.</P>

Wow . . . you are a total idiot.</P>

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 02:49 PM
here's your answer to why no one wants Burfict Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Close For those asking about Burfict, you should hear the scouting report @NYPost_Schwartz just read. Said everything but "kicks dogs."

My friend if you take a trip down south Virginia is one of many states and Vick is one of thousands of people that fight dogs. Dog fighting is a 400 year old sport. They have **** fights too in the country, but I don't see anybody crying for the chickens. Chickens are tasty though, so they don't count. Um, ****fighting is illegal in 50 states too Jay walking, driving over the speed limit, not wearing a seatbelt, are also illegal in 50 states what's your point? Which one of those is a felony? You're acting like ****fighting is tolerated behavior. Tell your neighbor that you host ****fights in your basement on friday nights and see how that works out for you. In West Virginia you'll get a bottle a shine and your neighbor will tell you he'll be there on time and ready for a show. I wouldn't fight my dog but let's not pretend Vick some pariah of society. He was put in jail for for running a large scale gambling operation. Fighting dogs is not a felony. Remember your views are not everybody's views. Dog fighting is an accepted underground sport in many parts of this country- legal or not. FYI legal and illegal is not the determinate of right and wrong.</P>

No I grew up in DC and have family in Virginia, Maryland and surrounding areas and can personally account for the culture and habits of some of the people in these areas. My college roomates were from Louisiana and they too said dog fighting was popular among some people there, especially in rural areas.

Yes you are right idiocially I believe that things that I don't condone like dog fighting other's find very amusing and entertaining. There are certain things that are deemed unacceptable in all walks of life dog fighting is not one of them.

If Eli was fighting dogs I would still root for the Giants and Eli. Different strokes for different folks.

burier
05-03-2012, 02:58 PM

No I grew up in DC and have family in Virginia, Maryland and surrounding areas and can personally account for the culture and habits of some of the people in these areas. My college roomates were from Louisiana and they too said dog fighting was popular among some people there, especially in rural areas.

Yes you are right idiocially I believe that things that I don't condone like dog fighting other's find very amusing and entertaining. There are certain things that are deemed unacceptable in all walks of life dog fighting is not one of them.

If Eli was fighting dogs I would still root for the Giants and Eli. Different strokes for different folks.

One thing I'll say is it's easy to hop up on a high horse when you're sitting at a computer.

People who still want to whine about Vick
's dog fighting after the man had already done his time is a total loser in my opinion. Same goes for the Plax haters. Get a life. The guy does 2 years in solitary for basically nothing and people still want to complain....the same people who probably never saw a v**** up close and diddle little boys. Then they get on GMB and act like they're on some moral high ground.

GMENAGAIN
05-03-2012, 03:09 PM

No I grew up in DC and have family in Virginia, Maryland and surrounding areas and can personally account for the culture and habits of some of the people in these areas. My college roomates were from Louisiana and they too said dog fighting was popular among some people there, especially in rural areas. Yes you are right idiocially I believe that things that I don't condone like dog fighting other's find very amusing and entertaining. There are certain things that are deemed unacceptable in all walks of life dog fighting is not one of them. If Eli was fighting dogs I would still root for the Giants and Eli. Different strokes for different folks. One thing I'll say is it's easy to hop up on a high horse when you're sitting at a computer. People who still want to whine about Vick 's dog fighting after the man had already done his time is a total loser in my opinion. Same goes for the Plax haters. Get a life. The guy does 2 years in solitary for basically nothing and people still want to complain....the same people who probably never saw a v**** up close and diddle little boys. Then they get on GMB and act like they're on some moral high ground.</P>

I see that your ignorance extends far beyond the subject of Giants football . . . . </P>

burier
05-03-2012, 04:14 PM

No I grew up in DC and have family in Virginia, Maryland and surrounding areas and can personally account for the culture and habits of some of the people in these areas. My college roomates were from Louisiana and they too said dog fighting was popular among some people there, especially in rural areas. Yes you are right idiocially I believe that things that I don't condone like dog fighting other's find very amusing and entertaining. There are certain things that are deemed unacceptable in all walks of life dog fighting is not one of them. If Eli was fighting dogs I would still root for the Giants and Eli. Different strokes for different folks. One thing I'll say is it's easy to hop up on a high horse when you're sitting at a computer. People who still want to whine about Vick 's dog fighting after the man had already done his time is a total loser in my opinion. Same goes for the Plax haters. Get a life. The guy does 2 years in solitary for basically nothing and people still want to complain....the same people who probably never saw a v**** up close and diddle little boys. Then they get on GMB and act like they're on some moral high ground.</P>

I see that your ignorance extends far beyond the subject of Giants football . . . . </P>

The problem is you're tying to call someone ignorant without the use of specificty wich is ignorant in and of itself. (Or was that your attempt at irony?)

Its also funny because you'll manage to impress a bunch the dullards who troll around these boards.

How about this? Either cough up some money or **** off. I'm not offering anymore free lessons.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Did anyone watch Burficts games this year they were awful. He doesnt listen to coaches and has zero respect for his teammates.He plays for himself only. He ignores his responsibility to freelance to try to be the man that makes the Highlight play. Maybe U could ignore all that if he had elite athletic ability but he doesnt.In fact he proved to have average CFB athleticism. So basically u are left with an average athlete with below average instincts, no discipline who is a bad teammate.

I'm astounded this chump is still a topic of conversation (except to laugh at maybe).

TheEnigma
05-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Burfict could be a really good football player in the CFL.

Drez
05-03-2012, 06:22 PM

Just because some find it acceptable behavior does not indeed make it acceptable behavior. There are a great number of deplorable things that were once seen as socially acceptable (either in society as a whole or some sub-group) that are now deemed as unacceptable.

The list is long and to go into it would stray way too far off topic. But, to use the "some people find it amusing" argument is not only a weak one, but a completely irrelevant and meaningless one.

B&RWarrior
05-04-2012, 03:07 AM

Dogfighting absolutely is a felony in every state, I don't know where you're getting that information from. And Vick is a pariah, he is frequently cited as one of the most hated figures in sports (less so now than right after the charges came out, but he did time in prison already).

I don't need to accept everyone's views as legitimate. There are plenty of people in this world who believe that death by stoning is a perfectly good punishment for adultery or homosexuality.

If you enjoy watching dogs maim and kill each other for sport, that is a sign that you are a seriously disturbed individual. I don't care if it's a 400 year old sport, I don't think I need to list all of the things that were done 400 years ago that don't need to be continued today.

I'm not a proponent of dog fighting but I also don't judge customs, culture and practices that don't deeply contradict my morals. You know they eat dogs in some cultures. I'm sure these cultures are illegitimate in your mind. You're free to be as close minded as you want to be. This country would be far worse off if they forced you to be otherwise.

If your insinuating that dog fighting is anywhere near as unethical as slavery with your last statement then we share very different perspectives.

Dog fighting is a felony but rarely is it ever treated as one when it comes to sentencing. Reason being dogs are inferior creatures. As much as I loved my dog , Smokey was not a human he was a dog. People want to ruin a manís life for something he did to a dog as if he killed humans. I bet if your dog runs out in the street and I hit it with my car youíll want to charge me for vehicular homicide. We'll agree to disagree.

B&RWarrior
05-04-2012, 03:20 AM

Just because some find it acceptable behavior does not indeed make it acceptable behavior. There are a great number of deplorable things that were once seen as socially acceptable (either in society as a whole or some sub-group) that are now deemed as unacceptable.

The list is long and to go into it would stray way too far off topic. But, to use the "some people find it amusing" argument is not only a weak one, but a completely irrelevant and meaningless one.

Who are you to determine what is acceptable and unacceptable? People get worked up over dogs and cats because they provide us companionship. Where are the candle light vigils for the fish slaughtered every year all in the name of sushi? But fish are not cute and fuzzy and donít worship the ground we walk on so they donít count.

The same goes for chickens and cows. Weíre desensitized to their quality of life because they donít lick our faces when we come home from work- besides who doesnít like those honey BBQ wings from KFC?

What about the football? It started off being made with pigskin. Say it aint so. The Giants and all of the NFL have their hand in the murder of Ms. Piggy when entertainment is the only end.

Iím unmoved to change my stance. Iím sure you have a thousand rebuttals but all of them full of the same flawed logic.

giantman8493
05-04-2012, 03:21 AM

I'm not a proponent of dog fighting but I also don't judge customs, culture and practices that don't deeply contradict my morals. You know they eat dogs in some cultures. I'm sure these cultures are illegitimate in your mind. You're free to be as close minded as you want to be. This country would be far worse off if they forced you to be otherwise.

If your insinuating that dog fighting is anywhere near as unethical as slavery with your last statement then we share very different perspectives.

Dog fighting is a felony but rarely is it ever treated as one when it comes to sentencing. Reason being dogs are inferior creatures. As much as I loved my dog , Smokey was not a human he was a dog. People want to ruin a manís life for something he did to a dog as if he killed humans. I bet if your dog runs out in the street and I hit it with my car youíll want to charge me for vehicular homicide. We'll agree to disagree.Dogs are still living creatures. They can not defend themselves . They do not the same treatment as humans but that does not mean it is cool to abuse them. People like you deserve to be slapped.

B&RWarrior
05-04-2012, 03:30 AM

Dog fighting is a felony but rarely is it ever treated as one when it comes to sentencing. Reason being dogs are inferior creatures. As much as I loved my dog , Smokey was not a human he was a dog. People want to ruin a manís life for something he did to a dog as if he killed humans. I bet if your dog runs out in the street and I hit it with my car youíll want to charge me for vehicular homicide. We'll agree to disagree.Dogs are still living creatures. They can not defend themselves . They do not the same treatment as humans but that does not mean it is cool to abuse them. People like you deserve to be slapped.

I already stated I don't condone dog fighting. If I get slapped so does everybody at Mcdonald's because you better believe those cows and chickens have low quality lives aka abuse all in the name of the Big Mac and McNuggets - over 80 Billion served. Your hands going to be sore.

giantman8493
05-04-2012, 04:03 AM

I already stated I don't condone dog fighting. If I get slapped so does everybody at Mcdonald's because you better believe those cows and chickens have low quality lives aka abuse all in the name of the Big Mac and McNuggets - over 80 Billion served. Your hands going to be sore.That is a little different. They should treat their chickens better but it is nothing like dog fighting. I no longer feel pain.... I have no problem with dealing with things like that.

rainierjef
05-04-2012, 04:36 AM

Where are the candle light vigils for the fish slaughtered every year all in the name of sushi? they are in my stomach along with the wasabi

rainierjef
05-04-2012, 04:44 AM

in all fairness pigs, chickens, salmon, cows/calf, whatever it was that the chinese store caught cooked and gave to me as chicken and broccoli was all living things. are their lives less important than a dog's or cat's cause they are at the bottom of the food chain? in Korea dog is a local custom, cat is eaten in Thailand along with monkey, i ate shark in trinidad :)

i haven't read through all this but it is somewhat idiotic to say that **** fighting is less of a crime than dog fighting where are the animal activist up in arms about **** fights or for that matter fighter fish fighting rings ( ohhhh its real people ) what about camel spider fights or scorpion fights i have first hand videos of the massacre of innocent scorpions in the desert its inhuman.

smh i have / had many dogs MANY!!! i love dogs i HATE!!!!! CATS!!! if vick was having a cat fighting racket i would be pissed he went to jail for that, i think hes doing a service :)
but honestly if you think a dogs life is more valuable than a mans life any man not just vick then i don't know what to think of you.

i killed dozens of lizards as a kid, &lt;---- serial Killer right hurrrr

rainierjef
05-04-2012, 04:48 AM
by the way....

how low did burficit's stock drop in the draft that were talking about mc nuggets and sushi in a thread about him? [8-)]

giantsfan420
05-04-2012, 04:57 AM
wow...just wow.

me personally, the aspect of caging and training any living thing for the sole purpose of fighting to the death is wrong.
the fact it was dogs makes it, to me, even more dispicable bc of the relationship man has with dogs. if it was cats, it be just as dispicable. any living breathing thing thats capable of feeling pain...just wrong

i also feel man killing man is dispicable. basically killing in general disgusts me. i dont know what to make of any one who enjoys the practice of it. i'd think that person is mentally unstable.

and i dont disrespect soldiers who go to war for their country, they are honorable and i respect the **** out of them. i do disrespect those that make going to war necessary though. especially when its based on false pretenses.

but focusing on using dogs to do nothing but fight and kill dogs is disgusting. the way vick electrocuted and tortured certain dogs for lack of involvement or whatever reason it was; disgusting.

yes south americans and asians have that part of their culture, mostly from the past. i like to think we evolve, well most of us anyways.

all that said, burfict, if he has some humility and remorse for his past actions, whatever they may be, i see no reason to blackball him from football. a lot of people make mistakes and grow from them, myself included....but yeah, i cant see some one defending dog/cat/animal fighting and making light of it. to me, that indicates instability and being ****ed up in the head...just my opinion tho

edit- and an example was brought up about a car hitting and killing a dog. accidents happen and are tragic. an accident is way different than lets say, a maniac getting behind the wheel looking for a dog to run over for personal enjoyment...

GMENAGAIN
05-04-2012, 07:31 AM
No I grew up in DC and have family in Virginia, Maryland and surrounding areas and can personally account for the culture and habits of some of the people in these areas. My college roomates were from Louisiana and they too said dog fighting was popular among some people there, especially in rural areas. Yes you are right idiocially I believe that things that I don't condone like dog fighting other's find very amusing and entertaining. There are certain things that are deemed unacceptable in all walks of life dog fighting is not one of them. If Eli was fighting dogs I would still root for the Giants and Eli. Different strokes for different folks.

<FONT size=4>Who are you to determine what is acceptable and unacceptable</FONT>? People get worked up over dogs and cats because they provide us companionship. Where are the candle light vigils for the fish slaughtered every year all in the name of sushi? But fish are not cute and fuzzy and donít worship the ground we walk on so they donít count. The same goes for chickens and cows. Weíre desensitized to their quality of life because they donít lick our faces when we come home from work- besides who doesnít like those honey BBQ wings from KFC? What about the football? It started off being made with pigskin. Say it aint so. The Giants and all of the NFL have their hand in the murder of Ms. Piggy when entertainment is the only end. Iím unmoved to change my stance. Iím sure you have a thousand rebuttals but all of them full of the same flawed logic.</P>

You do realize that Vick was accused of killing the dogs that didn't perform well by electrocution, hanging and drowning, don't you??</P>

I find my self eminently qualified to determine that this is unacceptable behavior. If you want to sit here and continue to argue that this type of behavior is acceptable in a thread about some horrible college football player, have at it.</P>

I'm done here. </P>

jhamburg
05-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Dog fighting is a felony but rarely is it ever treated as one when it comes to sentencing. Reason being dogs are inferior creatures. As much as I loved my dog , Smokey was not a human he was a dog. People want to ruin a manís life for something he did to a dog as if he killed humans. I bet if your dog runs out in the street and I hit it with my car youíll want to charge me for vehicular homicide. We'll agree to disagree.

You don't get it. Killing an animal for food is not the same thing as having two animals kill each other for your amusement. People in other countries eating dogs disgusts me frankly, because I love the animal, but it's not immoral. They are doing the same thing as I do, or as all carnivores do, including dogs.

What I'm saying is that promoting pain and death for NO PURPOSE other than your own amusement is wrong, categorically. It doesn't matter what animal, could be dogs, chickens, whatever.

B&RWarrior
05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
wow...just wow.

me personally, the aspect of caging and training any living thing for the sole purpose of fighting to the death is wrong.
the fact it was dogs makes it, to me, even more dispicable bc of the relationship man has with dogs. if it was cats, it be just as dispicable. any living breathing thing thats capable of feeling pain...just wrong

i also feel man killing man is dispicable. basically killing in general disgusts me. i dont know what to make of any one who enjoys the practice of it. i'd think that person is mentally unstable.

and i dont disrespect soldiers who go to war for their country, they are honorable and i respect the **** out of them. i do disrespect those that make going to war necessary though. especially when its based on false pretenses.

but focusing on using dogs to do nothing but fight and kill dogs is disgusting. the way vick electrocuted and tortured certain dogs for lack of involvement or whatever reason it was; disgusting.

yes south americans and asians have that part of their culture, mostly from the past. i like to think we evolve, well most of us anyways.

all that said, burfict, if he has some humility and remorse for his past actions, whatever they may be, i see no reason to blackball him from football. a lot of people make mistakes and grow from them, myself included....but yeah, i cant see some one defending dog/cat/animal fighting and making light of it. to me, that indicates instability and being ****ed up in the head...just my opinion tho

edit- and an example was brought up about a car hitting and killing a dog. accidents happen and are tragic. an accident is way different than lets say, a maniac getting behind the wheel looking for a dog to run over for personal enjoyment...

The way he killed the dogs is disturbing. I don't agree with dog fighting, but I understand it more than why Vick had to electrocute and drown the dogs.

Throughout the history of man and even today men have always and continue to enjoy combative sports. Giants football is a perfect example. It's the nature of man that we like to gloss over, but it's there none the less.

The same way we enjoy Boxing and the UFC people enjoy dog fighting. UFC and boxing are only less brutal than dog fighting. Humans are intelligent enough to fight based on rules that limit the damage done but the nature of the combat is no different. Blood sports are apart of almost every society.

To tie this back to thread Vick like Burifct had no legal problems before the dog fighting incident. The guy served two years in jail and can't ever own a dog again in his life. He does community service for animal abuse constantly now. What else do you want?

In the sense that every body deserves a second chance Burfict like Vick should be able to move on with their life w/o being ostracized at every turn.

Burfict really didn't do anything wrong, I think he just doesn't get it. But I think his problem is that his lack of discipline in the game and in is work habits makes his performance on the field poor and his potential suspect, character issues aside. Nobody makes it anywhere on talent alone. You can't perform poorly and rub people the wrong way and expect a second chance.

B&RWarrior
05-04-2012, 11:48 AM

You don't get it. Killing an animal for food is not the same thing as having two animals kill each other for your amusement. People in other countries eating dogs disgusts me frankly, because I love the animal, but it's not immoral. They are doing the same thing as I do, or as all carnivores do, including dogs.

What I'm saying is that promoting pain and death for NO PURPOSE other than your own amusement is wrong, categorically. It doesn't matter what animal, could be dogs, chickens, whatever.

We live in society were people wear fur coats leather jackets and shoes, gator skin wallets and purses, leather couches, and car with leather and suede interior.

None of these things are necessities they are luxury items bought in amusement and for entertainment. We have long had the ability to cloth ourselves and do everything we need to do w/o using animal products but we choose otherwise. As we have established these items are not needs then then they were killed for no other purpose then amusement and entertainment.

Football was first made out of pigskin. The whole purpose of football, as I'm sure you are aware is amusement and entertainment. That's right we put Ms. Piggy to death all for fun and games. Yes the history of the Giants is tied to this brutal atrocity.

giantman8493
05-04-2012, 03:41 PM

What I'm saying is that promoting pain and death for NO PURPOSE other than your own amusement is wrong, categorically. It doesn't matter what animal, could be dogs, chickens, whatever.Killing for food is acceptable. Thats the food chain. were on top. BUT it does not mean we can do whatever we want with them just because... Forcing them to attack each other is just horrible. torture.

jhamburg
05-04-2012, 04:28 PM

We live in society were people wear fur coats leather jackets and shoes, gator skin wallets and purses, leather couches, and car with leather and suede interior.

None of these things are necessities they are luxury items bought in amusement and for entertainment. We have long had the ability to cloth ourselves and do everything we need to do w/o using animal products but we choose otherwise. As we have established these items are not needs then then they were killed for no other purpose then amusement and entertainment.

Football was first made out of pigskin. The whole purpose of football, as I'm sure you are aware is amusement and entertainment. That's right we put Ms. Piggy to death all for fun and games. Yes the history of the Giants is tied to this brutal atrocity.

Of course, if you're going to eat an animal's meat it's wasteful to not use it's skin as well. Footballs from pigs was actually not skins, but a great use of a part of the pig that would normally be wasted, its bladder.

As far as aligators and animals killed for their fur only, I don't condone that and would not wear those products. But it's still MUCH better than dogfighting because at least you are killing them for SOME reason other than just to watch them suffer and die.