PDA

View Full Version : Worst Draft in NY Giants History

wgsgiants
04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
How can we be happy with this garbage? Rueben Randle is the only quality player that we drafted. I promise you that four of these guys will not even make the 53 man roster. Are we now drafting practice squad players? This is unbelieveable !!! We were led to believe that we were looking at guys like Coby Fleener, Donta Hightower or even George Iloka. We did not draft any of them. We took guys that we could have gotten as free agents after the draft. I am so disappointed. </P>

In Reese we trust is such crap !!!!</P>

jparmer
04-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Troll attack! Ruuuuun!

Gimaniac
04-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Someone will bite, they always do.

Evo'Ed
04-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Your post may be one of the worst post in Giants forums history too.

You can never evaluate a draft until a good 2-3 years afterwards.

What makes you such a great evaluator of football talent?

Neverend
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Well yeah, theres a strong chance the players drafted after hosley doesnt make the team. Its a possibility

but you must be a new giant fan if you havent figured out this is the way the giants draft for a number of years now

Drez
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.astoriascanfest.com/2012/nav/9th%20troll_run.jpg

chasjay
04-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Vontaze, is that you?

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 08:38 PM
I agree with the OP. None of these guys are starting material and we all know that you should be able to find quality starters at the later rounds.

David Wilson is too patriotic. I question if he will just use the Giants for his American zealotry.

Rueben Randle has no emotion. His facial expressions never change and he "hopes to make the team"? No confidence!

Jayron Hosley smokes pot and he's too small to play the position.

Who is this Robinson kid? He was never talked about much on Walter football or other sites so he has no chance.

Mosley and McCants are way too raw to play on day 1 so they will probably just get cut on the way to practice.

And don't even get me started on Kuhn. Does he even know what sport he is playing? This isn't European kickball kid...

Worst draft ever!

NewYorkSwagg
04-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Please get off Giants board dude you MORON!!

SweetZombieJesus
04-28-2012, 08:45 PM
OMG disband the team and donate the trophies to the Eagles. Redact "Wellington Mara" from the NFL records.

scf424
04-28-2012, 08:56 PM
I find the OP's post humorous.

Rudyy
04-28-2012, 08:59 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

Mod_C
04-28-2012, 09:00 PM
How can we be happy with this garbage? Rueben Randle is the only quality player that we drafted. I promise you that four of these guys will not even make the 53 man roster. Are we now drafting practice squad players? This is unbelieveable !!! We were led to believe that we were looking at guys like Coby Fleener, Donta Hightower or even George Iloka. We did not draft any of them. We took guys that we could have gotten as free agents after the draft. I am so disappointed. </p>

In Reese we trust is such crap !!!!</p>

Always great to see another satisfied customer. Who, exactly, lead us to believe "we were looking at guys like Coby Fleener, Donta Hightower or even George Iloka."?

Have you read any of the interviews of Jerry Reese, Marc Ross and Tom Coughlin where they go into some detail about the picks?

The "Worst draft in NY Giants History" is quite a statement. How many have you been involved with?

NYGinIN
04-28-2012, 09:03 PM
You're an idiot. I hate you.

Rat_bastich
04-28-2012, 09:05 PM
I agree with the OP. None of these guys are starting material and we all know that you should be able to find quality starters at the later rounds.

David Wilson is too patriotic. I question if he will just use the Giants for his American zealotry.

Rueben Randle has no emotion. His facial expressions never change and he "hopes to make the team"? No confidence!

Who is this Robinson kid? He was never talked about much on Walter football or other sites so he has no chance.

Mosley and McCants are way too raw to play on day 1 so they will probably just get cut on the way to practice.

And don't even get me started on Kuhn. Does he even know what sport he is playing? This isn't European kickball kid...

Worst draft ever!

Also, if you notice...all of our draft picks' last names are from the mid to the end of the alphabet. That means definite bust material there. We should have stuck with the A's the B's and the C's.

nycsportzfan
04-28-2012, 09:10 PM
I agree with the OP. None of these guys are starting material and we all know that you should be able to find quality starters at the later rounds. David Wilson is too patriotic. I question if he will just use the Giants for his American zealotry. Rueben Randle has no emotion. His facial expressions never change and he "hopes to make the team"? No confidence! Jayron Hosley smokes pot and he's too small to play the position. Who is this Robinson kid? He was never talked about much on Walter football or other sites so he has no chance. Mosley and McCants are way too raw to play on day 1 so they will probably just get cut on the way to practice. And don't even get me started on Kuhn. Does he even know what sport he is playing? This isn't European kickball kid... Worst draft ever! On paper, i find it to be the worst in the last several seasons at least.. Its not dreadful or anything, but i'd probably give it a C+.. The OT picks i really liked, and the Hosely pick has really grew on me, and David Wilson will at least provide a HR threat from teh RB positon we haven't had in awhile... I don't know what the deal was with the Adrien Robinson and Marcus Kuhn picks, and i'm just not a Reuben Randle fan at all..

Mod_C
04-28-2012, 09:30 PM

Worst draft ever!

You do realize that a very small percentage of players drafted ever see the field in their first year?

NYG4lifeNYK
04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Come Mod_C DELETE this garbage......... please

DemandedAce
04-28-2012, 09:33 PM
I think I've lost track of where people were being sarcastic and mocking and where they weren't at this point in the thread hahah

Mr. TRUEBLUE
04-28-2012, 09:35 PM
He's right! after the 1st 5 picks ..We picked practice squad guys

jimsgints
04-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Your post may be one of the worst post in Giants forums history too.

You can never evaluate a draft until a good 2-3 years afterwards.

What makes you such a great evaluator of football talent?

Agreed. +1

TheEnigma
04-28-2012, 09:38 PM
I thought my post was obviously sarcastic...

DemandedAce
04-28-2012, 09:42 PM
If it helps, I laughed at the "American zealotry"

FUUFNF
04-28-2012, 09:43 PM

I thought so too, but some people don't speak sarcastic and need the red font to translate.

NYGRealityCheck
04-28-2012, 09:48 PM
How can we be happy with this garbage?* Rueben Randle is the only quality player that we drafted.* I promise you that four of these guys will not even make the 53 man roster.* Are we now drafting practice squad players?* This is unbelieveable !!!** We were led to believe that we were looking at guys like Coby Fleener, Donta Hightower or even George Iloka.* We did not draft any of them.* We took guys that we could have gotten as free agents after the draft.* I am so disappointed.* </P>

Donta Hightower was taken by the Patriots at the No. 25th pick. Giants had 0 chance at getting him. try again...

C1010
04-28-2012, 09:51 PM
How can we be happy with this garbage? Rueben Randle is the only quality player that we drafted. I promise you that four of these guys will not even make the 53 man roster. Are we now drafting practice squad players? This is unbelieveable !!! We were led to believe that we were looking at guys like Coby Fleener, Donta Hightower or even George Iloka. We did not draft any of them. We took guys that we could have gotten as free agents after the draft. I am so disappointed. </p>

Wgsgiants, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I
have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were
you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award
you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Drez
04-28-2012, 09:52 PM
I agree with the OP. None of these guys are starting material and we all know that you should be able to find quality starters at the later rounds. David Wilson is too patriotic. I question if he will just use the Giants for his American zealotry. Rueben Randle has no emotion. His facial expressions never change and he "hopes to make the team"? No confidence! Jayron Hosley smokes pot and he's too small to play the position. Who is this Robinson kid? He was never talked about much on Walter football or other sites so he has no chance. Mosley and McCants are way too raw to play on day 1 so they will probably just get cut on the way to practice. And don't even get me started on Kuhn. Does he even know what sport he is playing? This isn't European kickball kid... Worst draft ever!

You do realize that a very small percentage of players drafted ever see the field in their first year?
</P>

I think he was just being a smartass to the OP.</P>

jparmer
04-28-2012, 09:55 PM
How can we be happy with this garbage?* Rueben Randle is the only quality player that we drafted.* I promise you that four of these guys will not even make the 53 man roster.* Are we now drafting practice squad players?* This is unbelieveable !!!** We were led to believe that we were looking at guys like Coby Fleener, Donta Hightower or even George Iloka.* We did not draft any of them.* We took guys that we could have gotten as free agents after the draft.* I am so disappointed.* </p>

Wgsgiants, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I
have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were
you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award
you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"bizness ethics"

giantsforce
04-28-2012, 10:19 PM

In Reese we trust is such crap !!!!</p>There are some things that you need to understand before you declare this draft as "garbage".
1. We are drafting last. Not much choice there because moving up would have cost us a lot, more than we could afford.
2. Draft is a gamble. We have plenty of examples to prove this.
3. These players have not played a game for us yet. How do you know that they do not fit in our coaches schemes?
4. So far, our FO and scouting dept has done pretty good job at picking the right guys. Maybe they are not the "sexiest" or most talked about but they have been solid and then some.
So, let's wait at least for one season before we call these players a bust or "garbage". You do not have to trust Reese but you've got to give him the benefit of the doubt before you get on his case. After all, he deserves that since he got us 2 rings.

Die-Hard
04-28-2012, 10:24 PM
This thread has actually damaged my psyche....

I'll never be the same

moecoastie
04-28-2012, 10:32 PM

Worst draft ever!

shhhhh! you'll ruin the "experts" mojo!

njersey
04-28-2012, 10:37 PM

Worst draft ever!

You just made my day!

alau53
04-28-2012, 10:40 PM
reese said he liked about 5 guys at 32..so why didnt he trade down & pick up another pick or 2..at least one of those 5 would still be on the board..also, wilson's fumblitis scares me..he will fumble throut training camp & preseason games just like most young players do in their first season like megett did

FlyingTruck
04-28-2012, 10:48 PM
reese said he liked about 5 guys at 32..so why didnt he trade down & pick up another pick or 2..at least one of those 5 would still be on the board..also, wilson's fumblitis scares me..he will fumble throut training camp & preseason games just like most young players do in their first season like megett did
>Tiki Barber
> TC fixed fumble problem
> Enough said

Redeyejedi
04-28-2012, 10:48 PM
This thread has actually damaged my psyche....

I'll never be the same
GWAT'S posts used to give me seizures

ELI_Iz_God
04-28-2012, 10:58 PM
How can we be happy with this garbage?* Rueben Randle is the only quality player that we drafted.* I promise you that four of these guys will not even make the 53 man roster.* Are we now drafting practice squad players?* This is unbelieveable !!!** We were led to believe that we were looking at guys like Coby Fleener, Donta Hightower or even George Iloka.* We did not draft any of them.* We took guys that we could have gotten as free agents after the draft.* I am so disappointed.* </P>

Obviously a Dallas fan thats crapping his pants after our draft...thats right buddy, get ready to be swept again!! BOOM!

plc
04-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Go GGGGGMen.This is how the Giants go about there business.Nothing flashy just pick the right ballplayers to meld into TC's system.I watched the jests wr selected and he started with the crowd j e s t s.Same was asked of our wr and like the class acts we have on our team he just commented to the crowd in a much quieter fashion.This is why we win SB's and the jests and the cows just talk about them.Go Big Blue

FBomb
04-29-2012, 12:09 AM
HA!! This thread should be pinned!! Classic funny stuff throughout!! Good stuff!![Y]

bashful
04-29-2012, 12:26 AM
The trolls are out in force. Terrible draft etc etc. Hey idiot we drafted last in all the rounds. Why don't you apply for the job as jester maybe you can bring some humor to the locker better yet shut up

par404
04-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Worst draft in Giants history was 1991. No one in that draft was on the team more than 2 years.

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 01:05 AM
fantastic post OP.

I agree completely. There were 3 good players in this draft and the giants didnt draft any of them.

Diamondring
04-29-2012, 01:35 AM
I like this years draft. I talked about us should use the 3 wr set as our primary set and Reese seems like he comes on this messageboard a lot and read some of my posts because he drafted a wr in the high rounds.

Reese also knows that we have good coaches so he can get prospects and our coaches will keep teachng them. As a matter of fact, a lot of players are prospects and their teachings need to be continiou. You can tell that is the truth because you can have some guys who are low in the rounds to Rookie FA and all of a sudden, they come on to the field and be a top notch players and, some players may be high up there but never get better and may even drop down later on.

IAmTheFly
04-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Oh I see the verdict is in less than a day after the draft. So idiotic it makes you not want to even read the forums.
I went straight to the news, I don't read the message board too often in the off-season unless there is a transaction or other news. Was really pumped up, it sounded like our decision makers were pretty happy, surprised even, with the guys they were able to pick up with our late picks. Then I come to the forums and the first thing I read is "worst draft ever". You should go put your head in the oven.

giantsfan420
04-29-2012, 01:49 AM
I like this years draft. I talked about us should use the 3 wr set as our primary set and Reese seems like he comes on this messageboard a lot and read some of my posts because he drafted a wr in the high rounds.

Reese also knows that we have good coaches so he can get prospects and our coaches will keep teachng them. As a matter of fact, a lot of players are prospects and their teachings need to be continiou. You can tell that is the truth because you can have some guys who are low in the rounds to Rookie FA and all of a sudden, they come on to the field and be a top notch players and, some players may be high up there but never get better and may even drop down later on.

we've been using the 3 wide set more than our 22 set for a couple years now...thats why losing MM, and Dallas getting Claiborne, I felt we needed to get a top shelf WR, and we did...then u factor in Bennett, Wilson, Nicks, and Cruz to go with Randle...WOW...defenses will have to pick their poison...but each one of our main targets is good enough to be a main factor in beating our opponents...

ex. If BB goes "its still a nicks/cruz game...make bennett and randle beat us" Bennett and Randle will beat you...excellent draft.

JMFP2
04-29-2012, 02:00 AM
OP is obviously too young to remember the Dave Brown Era.</P>

IAmTheFly
04-29-2012, 02:04 AM

Worst draft ever!

haha now I remember why I read. Classic :)

NYGFaninILL
04-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Guys, OP is the definition of troll. He posts once and tries to illicit a response from everyone and doesn't post again.

barran21
04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Guys, OP is the definition of troll. He posts once and tries to illicit a response from everyone and doesn't post again.

Was going to post this after looking to see if he posted again....

SweetZombieJesus
04-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Worst draft in Giants history was 1991. No one in that draft was on the team more than 2 years.

Ed McCaffrey turned out to be a stud. Just not for us (and he was on the team 3 years).

And Corey Miller was on the team until 1997.

B-Red22
04-29-2012, 10:40 AM
worst EVER huh?? you must be really old!!

rickker20
04-29-2012, 12:15 PM
I think the draft when we took Rocky Thompson number one and he was a complete bust was the worst draft. I think that was 1972?

NewYorkSwagg
04-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Jerry Reese drafted two championship winning teams in four years. But it seems like some people here know better than him when it comes to drafting. Take a step back and listen to how ridiculous some of you sound.

Sarcasman
04-29-2012, 12:36 PM

Worst draft ever!

Also, if you notice...all of our draft picks' last names are from the mid to the end of the alphabet. That means definite bust material there. We should have stuck with the A's the B's and the C's.

i concur!

This guy should be running the Giants.

bigjeep
04-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Vontaze, is that you?

Giggles?

SweetZombieJesus
04-29-2012, 03:37 PM
What was Giggles' lead-in phrase? "I'm concerned about"?

JMFP2
04-29-2012, 05:56 PM

Ed McCaffrey turned out to be a stud. Just not for us (and he was on the team 3 years).

And Corey Miller was on the team until 1997.
</P>

George Young ****ed the dog from 1991 through 1996 in the first round.....Jarrod Bunch, Derek Brown, Dave Brown, Thomas Lewis, Tyrone Wheatley, Cedric Jones....oy vey, what a pile of hot garbage.</P>

There's no comparison between now and then.</P>

Drez
04-29-2012, 06:19 PM
What was Giggles' lead-in phrase? "I'm concerned about"?

I think it was, "I have a bad feeling about..."

jakegibbs
04-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Didn't you post this same type post back in 2004 when they give all the drafts picks away for Eli?

Breezely
04-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Geez! Sometimes I wonder who is on these boards. There are so many ways I could convince the original poster otherwise but for some reason I don't want to waste my time with this. Damn, I think I just did!

G-Men Surg.
04-29-2012, 11:22 PM
With allmdue respect this post is a disgrace !
I'm surprised that it still rolling.

appodictic
04-30-2012, 12:26 AM
<font color="#ff0000">Can we ditch all these guys to make room for plaxico burress and shockey. That is our only chance to defeat the eagles.</font>

idiotekniQues
04-30-2012, 01:06 AM
epic troll.

n420p69
04-30-2012, 01:21 AM
I am offended at those comparing this guy to Giggles. Giggles was pure humor. Kinda wish Giggles never got banned lol.

THIRDINF516
04-30-2012, 11:18 AM

Worst draft ever!

LOL @ SOMEONE WHO SMOKES POT CANT MAKE A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER..

75 % of the league smokes weed..

(Lights bowl and laughs at your post)

alau53
04-30-2012, 09:04 PM
george youngs last few drafts were terrible..that wr he drafted in '94 and few yrs later he expected to get simien rice or ogden but he screwed up..dont know what happened to him but the bad drafts set the gmen back a few years

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 09:11 PM
I heard a rumor that the Eagles paid the Giants to trade draft ideas with them. They then used the mind eraser from Men In Black and erased each others' minds. Pretty cool right.

TheEnigma
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I heard a rumor that the Eagles paid the Giants to trade draft ideas with them. They then used the mind eraser from Men In Black and erased each others' minds. Pretty cool right.I heard a rumor that Dillard was extremely distraught when he was cut by the Giants, kidnapped Reese, locked him in a dungeon, and has been impersonating him for weeks now.