PDA

View Full Version : Who is our Left Outside Guard? ...I say Diehl over Beatty!

Mr. TRUEBLUE
04-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Who is our Left Outside Guard? ...I say Diehl starts over Beatty! .......Until Mosely can develope maybe?
Beatty is awful in run game!!!

And who replaces David Baas in a year or two? Jim Cordle ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? ........ Sign Mike Brewster NOW Mr.G.M.!!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Beatty will be our LT, Diehl was awful last season...

Diehl will probably play RT for us this season unless Brewer or Locklear edge him out but that's doubtful.

RoanokeFan
04-28-2012, 09:44 PM
What's a "left outside guard"?

NYG4lifeNYK
04-28-2012, 09:45 PM

Lol oh man Roa...... give the kid a break we all knew he meant LT hahaha

RoanokeFan
04-28-2012, 09:46 PM

[8-)]

RoanokeFan
04-28-2012, 09:47 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Beatty the LT when we broke the sackless games record at 5?

NYG4lifeNYK
04-28-2012, 09:49 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Beatty the LT when we broke the sackless games at 5?

Yes.

The kid is obviously misguided and doesn't really know his *** from his elbow lol

jparmer
04-28-2012, 09:51 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Beatty the LT when we broke the sackless games at 5?

Yes.

The kid is obviously misguided and doesn't really know his *** from his elbow lol

When I poop I lean on the toilet. Are you tellin me that's wrong?

RoanokeFan
04-28-2012, 09:54 PM

Yes.

Not as long as you don't accept any invitations to my house parties!

jparmer
04-28-2012, 10:03 PM

Yes.

Not as long as you don't accept any invitations to my house parties!*

Sigh...

FUUFNF
04-29-2012, 01:27 AM
The left outside guard is the guy who plays next to the left inside tackle, no?

eli2hixon
04-29-2012, 01:39 AM
I remember when I was 8 and playing Madden I thought FS was Far safety and SS was short safety. I was corrected quite quickly when I started playing football.

FUUFNF
04-29-2012, 01:44 AM
I remember when I was 8 and playing Madden I thought FS was Far safety and SS was short safety. I was corrected quite quickly when I started playing football.

That almost makes more sense... LOL

eli2hixon
04-29-2012, 01:48 AM

That almost makes more sense... LOL

Haha yeah. I also remember as a kid my favorite baseball players were Jose Offerman and Ugueth Urbina on the Red Sox. Two stand up individuals (and not very good baseball players either).

JJC7301
04-29-2012, 01:55 AM

Diehl will probably play RT for us this season unless Brewer or Locklear edge him out but that's doubtful.

I don't have much faith in Beatty, so it looks like 1 more year of Diehl. LT really needs to be addressed next year.

The OP mentioned replacing Baas, but lets see how he does this year before getting rid of him. He got better during the playoff run. And plus, Boothe did nicely filling in for him so it's possible that he'll be the long term solution at C if need be.

JMFP2
04-29-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm one of those nuts who thought David Diehl did a nice job after Beatty went down.</P>

If he sucked as bad as some fans think, Eli would have gotten killed out there....and yet the Giants did pretty well from what I recall.</P>

Spider-Man
04-29-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm one of those nuts who thought David Diehl did a nice job after Beatty went down.</P>

If he sucked as bad as some fans think, Eli would have gotten killed out there....and yet the Giants did pretty well from what I recall.</P>

Did you not watch the NFC Championship?

Beatty was actually our best lineman last season, but that is not saying much.

David Diehl was playing on skates last season in pass protection and he was also given a lot of help from the Giants too with double teams.

keyofgmen
04-29-2012, 10:31 AM

Pretty sure in the "old days" they were referred to as inside and outside gaurds. At least that's what I remember. Anyone else recall this?

webby65
04-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Who's gonna play LG? Since no one has said the magic name, it guess it falls to me.

MITCH PETRUS

BigBlueFanNJ
04-29-2012, 09:09 PM
I agree Diehl should play LEFT OUT!!!

RoanokeFan
04-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Who's gonna play LG? Since no one has said the magic name, it guess it falls to me.

MITCH PETRUS

Who are we losing for that to happen?

Axels15
04-29-2012, 09:27 PM

^ This

Drez
04-29-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm one of those nuts who thought David Diehl did a nice job after Beatty went down.</p>

If he sucked as bad as some fans think, Eli would have gotten killed out there....and yet the Giants did pretty well from what I recall.</p>

Diehl did ok, but not all that great. Eli, much like Peyton, is very good at making his OL look better than they are. He moves in the pocket well and can get the ball out in a hurry.

Drez
04-29-2012, 09:41 PM

MITCH PETRUS

Who are we losing for that to happen?

The magic name is Kevin Boothe. (not that we are losing him, but he's the magic name at LG)

nhpgiantsfan
04-29-2012, 11:09 PM

MITCH PETRUS

Boothe is the LG. It's a non issue. He was the best lineman we had in 2011.

Tommy_Ribs
04-29-2012, 11:47 PM

Pretty sure in the "old days" they were referred to as inside and outside gaurds. At least that's what I remember. Anyone else recall this?

Ahh, No.

Been following football for 32 years. I've never heard of this.

nygfan0816
04-29-2012, 11:51 PM
line is gonna be:
LT-diehl
LG-petrus or booth
C-baas
RG-snee
RT-beatty

giantman8493
04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
I agree Diehl should play LEFT OUT!!!Or right bench. lol

JJC7301
04-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Who is our Left Outside Guard? ...I say Diehl starts over Beatty! .......Until Mosely can develope maybe?
Beatty is awful in run game!!!

And who replaces David Baas in a year or two? Jim Cordle ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? ........ Sign Mike Brewster NOW Mr.G.M.!!!!

I'd give it to whoever wins the spot in training camp.

JMFP2
04-30-2012, 12:35 AM

Diehl did ok, but not all that great. Eli, much like Peyton, is very good at making his OL look better than they are. He moves in the pocket well and can get the ball out in a hurry.
</P>

Diehl has been steady, if unspectacular.....he'll give up some sacks, but most all of them do.</P>

Drez
04-30-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm one of those nuts who thought David Diehl did a nice job after Beatty went down.</p>

If he sucked as bad as some fans think, Eli would have gotten killed out there....and yet the Giants did pretty well from what I recall.</p>

</p>

Diehl has been steady, if unspectacular.....he'll give up some sacks, but most all of them do.</p>
His play was a little worse than that (and I mean a little). He did play better at LT than LG, though.

nhpgiantsfan
04-30-2012, 12:48 AM

Ahh, No.

Been following football for 32 years.* I've never heard of this.

Pretty sure this guy is right. The tackles were originally called outside guards. It was brought up in a thread not to long ago.

PRFan
04-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Diehl is a good guy but he was awful last year.