PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorry....Kiwi Is Good But He Didn't Deserve An Extension Over Osi

bigblue58
04-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Kiwi contributes to the game....Osi changes the game!
Just my humble opinion.

Drez
04-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Does Osi play LB?

NYG4lifeNYK
04-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Osi is a LB/DE hybrid and a HUGE part of our team

He gets better every year at LB

Osi deserves a new deal too and I hope he gets it but this topic makes no sense.

Neverend
04-28-2012, 10:21 PM
10 million guaranteed I did find a bit high though...

buddy33
04-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Kiwi does what is asked of him, keeps his mouth closed, and plays well.

Glad to see him get the extension.

Redeyejedi
04-28-2012, 10:26 PM
10 million guaranteed I did find a bit high though...I yeah it makes me believe Osi is gone for sure and the Giants didnt want to risk losing both. Osi 's skill set is far more valuable

NYGRealityCheck
If you said Victor Cruz instead of Osi, I might have assisted with you on that. lol...

CDN_G-FAN
Osi has been offered an extension by our GM twice, and is holding out for more money.

Kiwi has always just done his job. no moaning about being moved to LBer, he could have whined and said he wasn't making the move because DEs typically get paid more than OLBers .

He's just shown up and done his job, presenting no distraction to this club.

Management is making a statement with this extension.

Talent alone doesn't force their pen.

JJC7301
04-28-2012, 10:27 PM

Osi deserves a new deal too and I hope he gets it but this topic makes no sense.

This topic makes 100% sense because if Osi were to go, then the expectation is that Kiwi would move back to DE full time. I'd rather have Osi full time than Kiwi as either a hybrid or a full time DE because Osi is a dominant pass rusher. While Kiwi is good as a pass rusher, Osi is excellent at it.

And if an extension is being given to someone else on the D, or the team, that means that there will be less money for Osi because of cap space.

This is no knock against Kiwi and to be honest, I wouldn't pay Osi $10mil per year because of the options (i.e. Kiwi) that we have, but if we could keep Osi for $8 or $9mil per year then I hope we can get do it and hope that Kiwi's contract doesn't prevent us from resigning Osi.

rainierjef
04-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Osi has been offered an extension by our GM twice, and is holding out for more money.

Kiwi has always just done his job. no moaning about being moved to LBer, he could have whined and said he wasn't making the move because DEs typically get paid more than OLBers .

right now Osi has only been a distraction to the fan base not the organization or players, i think they harped on this during the season

NYG4lifeNYK
04-28-2012, 10:31 PM
This topic makes 100% sense because if Osi were to go

Like I said, this topic makes no sense.

If Osi wasn't going to be a Giant this season he would of been traded during the second round of the draft.

radar-ray
04-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Osi has been offered an extension by our GM twice, and is holding out for more money. Kiwi has always just done his job. no moaning about being moved to LBer, he could have whined and said he wasn't making the move because DEs typically get paid more than OLBers . He's just shown up and done his job, presenting no distraction to this club. Management is making a statement with this extension. Talent alone doesn't force their pen.

right now Osi has only been a distraction to the fan base not the organization or players, i think they harped on this during the season
This! A lot of hyper-sensitive fans are doing morewhining about Osi's whining than he is about his contract.He can say whatever the f... he wants, I couldn't care less,as long as he keeps playing lights out.

swimeasy
04-28-2012, 10:56 PM
From Reese interview today:

Q: There was some speculation that Osi might be
traded. Was that even explored at all on your side?

A: All options are open with respect to that. Our first choice
with respect to Osi is that he will play for the Giants and retire as a Giant.
That is what we would like to happen. Osi has been offered an extension
two years in a row now. So we would still like to make it work.
Hopefully it will work out. But all of our options are always open.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Front-Office-Final-Draft-Analysis/ca02bede-b3a8-405c-b672-ecc79ccb8d41

<p class="MsoNormal"></p>

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 10:58 PM
with the cap space we gained by extending Kiwi (3 mil) we very well could figure that into extending osi so he can retire a giant...

def. fine with the extension bc not only do we keep a cog in our defense, it cleared cap space

NY_Eli
04-28-2012, 11:01 PM
with the cap space we gained by extending Kiwi (3 mil) we very well could figure that into extending osi so he can retire a giant...

def. fine with the extension bc not only do we keep a cog in our defense, it cleared cap space

+1. This might be the only relation between a Kiwi and Osi extension. Other than that they are two different players at two different positions.

FBomb
04-28-2012, 11:21 PM
You mean the extension that.....</P>

A: Was given to a player who has busted his *** for the TEAM concept, never publicly complained about being the "lab rat" for this hybrid defensive line we've been running....is the textbook example of "team Plater"....and...</P>

B: Structured so that it will free up some cap space for the team and possibly help with getting the diva an extension.......THAT extension?</P>

Yeah....terrible idea.</P>

NYSPORTS
04-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Osi was offered an extensions so you can't blame Kiwi for signing his while Osi didn't.

bashful
04-28-2012, 11:22 PM
blah blah blah - new york fans can really be idiots.

tikiandphil
04-28-2012, 11:26 PM

This...

Brandon jacobs
04-28-2012, 11:33 PM
lemme get this right... Osi is a news distraction every season... problem!

Kiwi. plays as he is expected, doesn't distract... gets extension... no problem

end result. topic starter needs to get rid of his computer before making stupid comments...

Vtgmenfan89
04-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Compare their stats and you'll see he does. Sure Osi had 9 sacks, but kiwi had 84 tackles...a lot more stops and consistency there than osi overrunning the play more often than not.

moecoastie
04-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Osi was offered an extensions so you can't blame Kiwi for signing his while Osi didn't.

+1 to this

Firenugget
04-29-2012, 06:45 AM
Osi got an extension. I believe 41mil. He doesn't like it anymore, it's his problem. He liked it just fine when he took all the cash up front.

jparmer
04-29-2012, 06:52 AM
This is a pointless thread. Osi has been offered extensions in each of the last 2 years. It's not kiwi's fault osi has not signed. As others have already stated

B&RWarrior
04-29-2012, 06:54 AM
This deal is saying, "Osi let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."

If he lines up at DE he will be better versus the run and only a less of an edge rusher. I don't mind that.

You would never give him that kind of extension for being a running down LB only

We can't afford to pay Osi what he's worth. IDK why JR has to pretend to want to resign him. JR even said you don't like our deal look elswhere.

Enough with this Osi infatuation. Kiwi got paid that leaves JPP and Osi. Who do you think lands the monster contract extension?
If you have to think about forgeeeeeet about it.

Firenugget
04-29-2012, 07:01 AM
We can't afford to pay Osi what he's worth.

Sure we can. He just happens to think he's worth alot more than everyone else. Sorry, he's not. Especially with JPP breathing down his neck.

B&RWarrior
04-29-2012, 07:13 AM
We can't afford to pay Osi what he's worth.

Sure we can. He just happens to think he's worth alot more than everyone else. Sorry, he's not. Especially with JPP breathing down his neck.

Osi could be starter for almost any other team and a the best DE on the team for most. We're not going to pay him like one b/c JPP is younger and has shown more potential.

CDN_G-FAN
04-29-2012, 08:12 AM

the fan base paying attention to stuff like this is a distraction.

anyway, unless Osi changes what he's willing to play for, this extension is the Giants response to the overall situation at DE.

and it doesn't look like it includes Osi long term.

SweetZombieJesus
04-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Osi has only been a distraction to the fan base not the organization or players, i think they harped on this during the season

Uh, hello, he held out of camp and demanded a trade (and right now is not participating with his teammates who are already back at work). I think the organization was distracted by that.

Osi shut up late in the season, for which I commend him, but here we go again 2 months after winning the Super Bowl.

OX1
04-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Compare their stats and you'll see he does. Sure Osi had 9 sacks, but kiwi had 84 tackles...a lot more stops and consistency there than osi overrunning the play more often than not.

Osi only has the luxury of mainly going for the strip sack due to the rest of our line.
Yes, he is great at it, but on many other teams, he would be a liability playing how he does here.

since55
04-29-2012, 09:39 AM
GOODBYYYE OSI!

GOODBYYYE OSI!

GOODBYYYE OSI!

gumby742
04-29-2012, 09:41 AM
depends on his salary cap number. I'm guessing it's super low. Guaranteed money doesn't necessarily count against the cap does it? ie a signing bonus?

CDN_G-FAN
04-29-2012, 09:44 AM
depends on his salary cap number. I'm guessing it's super low. Guaranteed money doesn't necessarily count against the cap does it? ie a signing bonus?

it does but you can allocate it to different years.

gumby742
04-29-2012, 09:47 AM

If it's up front, then we should be good when it comes to resigning the players we need to the upcoming 2 years.

gumby742
04-29-2012, 09:49 AM

My only thing against Mayock is that he seems far too positive for every player. Meaning, it's more difficult to gauge the kind of player you're getting because he emphasizes the positives more then he does the negatives. Kiper is the exact opposite. But I've only watched Mayock once so, i don't know.

berya
04-29-2012, 10:00 AM

+1. Well deserved too.

Drez
04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
depends on his salary cap number. I'm guessing it's super low. Guaranteed money doesn't necessarily count against the cap does it? ie a signing bonus? it does but you can allocate it to different years. If it's up front, then we should be good when it comes to resigning the players we need to the upcoming 2 years.</P>

Bonus money is distributed evenly throughout the length of the contract.</P>

miked1958
04-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Just my humble opinion.That is the same thing I said in another thread. You are 300% correct Sir!!!

DelawareGiants
04-29-2012, 10:17 AM

Hit the nail on the head. They are sending a message to Osi that 4yrs/40million is not going to happen. Come down to reality.

Drez
04-29-2012, 10:18 AM

This topic makes 100% sense because if Osi were to go, then the expectation is that Kiwi would move back to DE full time. I'd rather have Osi full time than Kiwi as either a hybrid or a full time DE because Osi is a dominant pass rusher. While Kiwi is good as a pass rusher, Osi is excellent at it. And if an extension is being given to someone else on the D, or the team, that means that there will be less money for Osi because of cap space. This is no knock against Kiwi and to be honest, I wouldn't pay Osi $10mil per year because of the options (i.e. Kiwi) that we have, but if we could keep Osi for $8 or $9mil per year then I hope we can get do it and hope that Kiwi's contract doesn't prevent us from resigning Osi.</P>

The biggest problem for Osi's contract is Osi. He just simply wants too much money. I understand he's an elite pass rusher, but the dude is on crack if he thinks he is worth/going to get $10m/yr. For that much, you have to be a complete player.</P>

A bigger problem for Osi is the fact that both Nicks and Cruz are due for a contract next season and both those players are far more intrumental for our long term success than Osi.. Kiwi's contract has little bearing on Osi's.</P>

Let's also not forget that Kiwi signed for about half what Osi is asking for.</P>

GIANTfaninFL
04-29-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm happy he did.

I'm kind of over Osi.

I wish he would just shut up and play ball

hugehomer
04-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I am sorry but Osi complains too much.

TrueBlue@NYC
04-29-2012, 11:24 AM
To the OP: I don't think anyone believes that Kiwi is more of an impact player than Osi, especially as a pass rusher.

But the highest amount in Kiwi'a extension puts him at about 4.5 mil in salary, which is about half of what Osi wants, which we can't afford. '

Very simple math really. Kiwi's willing to accept what the Giants can afford to pay him, Osi is not willing to do so.

ashleymarie
04-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Kiwi contributes to the game....Osi changes the game! Just my humble opinion.</P>

</P>

My humble opinion too.</P>

BeatYale
04-29-2012, 01:49 PM
It makes perfect sense to give a back up DE the big salary that he wants, so he can eat up as much cap space as possible in the upcoming years in which Nicks and Cruz will need new deals.

The more successful teams in the league are the ones that can develop talent to provide depth. It's cheaper and makes it a lot more possible to prevent starters from walking in FA because we'll have the cap space to resign them.

RoanokeFan
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Just my humble opinion.

Kiwanuka can play LB or DE and has. He comes in, does what they ask of him and goes home. No drama, no complaints, just a team player who produces. Versatility is a huge plus with TC.

RoanokeFan
04-29-2012, 01:59 PM

The signing bonus is prorated over the life of the contract.

G-Man67
04-29-2012, 02:02 PM
another Osi angle, he's still here

to me, in order for him to not play for us next year ... a win now team with a 4-3 D would have to have their #1 DE go down with injury in camp

and then they might come to us with an offer of their 1st next year

BigBlue1971
04-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Kiwi contributes to the game....Osi changes the game! Just my humble opinion.</P>

</P>

Kiwi got the extension cuz he doesnt ***** and moan bout his playing time and salary! hes a team player and does what is asked of him!</P>

Osi while a good player (prolly better than Kiwi at this point) does not subscribe to team objectives. he only thinks about himself and imo could care less for the team. </P>

Diamondring
04-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Osi better know how to beat two defenders sometimes or a good amount of times if he wants big money. Take on more than two blockers and beating them sometimes will make him dserve more money.

byron
04-29-2012, 02:57 PM
this wasone of thequestions to JR yesterday after the draft</P>

Q: There was some speculation that Osi might be traded. Was that even explored at all on your side?
A: All options are open with respect to that. Our first choice with respect to Osi is that he will play for the Giants and retire as a Giant. That is what we would like to happen. Osi has been offered an extension two years in a row now. So we would still like to make it work. Hopefully it will work out. But all of our options are always open.
</P>

So its sounds like to me they both got offers Kiwi took his which I think was a pretty good deal for him....here is the link</P>

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Final-Draft-Analysis-GM-Jerry-Reese/e40d2969-aec5-4eea-9f51-cd147cb3ca2f</P>

here are the terms of Kiwi's deal</P>

4/27/2012: Signed a four-year, $21.75 million contract. The deal contains $10.95 million guaranteed -- an $8.5 million signing bonus, all of Kiwanuka's first-year salary, and $1.5 million of his second-year salary. Another $3 million is available through escalators based on sacks. Kiwanuka is eligible for annual $50,000 workout bonuses throughout the contract's life. 2012: $950,000, 2013: $2.95 million, 2014: $4.375 million, 2015: $4.775 million, 2016: Free Agent</P>

congrats to him </P>

rainierjef
04-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Osi has only been a distraction to the fan base not the organization or players, i think they harped on this during the season

Uh, hello, he held out of camp and demanded a trade (and right now is not participating with his teammates who are already back at work). I think the organization was distracted by that.

Osi shut up late in the season, for which I commend him, but here we go again 2 months after winning the Super Bowl.

and even with all of that he came in played where they asked him to play was extremely productive with non-starter limited play, got us the ball with his strip sacks. and i reiterate was not a distraction to the team, many players said he wasn't. these are grown *** men this ain ****ing high school... " awww man jay's not playing we might not beat midwood." all these players are professionals they come in and take opportunities and play regardless of who's on the field. plus osi was hurt whether you want to believe that or not.
posters ***** too much about stuff that really doesn't matter he plays out his contract and leaves next year or gets a new contract, the owner of the team doesn't want him to go, coughlin wants him to stay. JPP doesn't mind him there or splitting snaps with him. no one is distracted. Shockey was a distraction cause he *****ed and complained during games. i just think many posters are ultra sensitive to everything osi every since he complained two-three off seasons ago

JJC7301
04-30-2012, 12:01 AM

Uh, hello, he held out of camp and demanded a trade (and right now is not participating with his teammates who are already back at work).* I think the organization was distracted by that.

and even with all of that he came in played where they asked him to play was extremely productive with non-starter limited play, got us the ball with his strip sacks. and i reiterate was not a distraction to the team, many players said he wasn't. these are grown *** men this ain ****ing high school... " awww man jay's not playing we might not beat midwood." all these players are professionals they come in and take opportunities and play regardless of who's on the field. plus osi was hurt whether you want to believe that or not.
posters ***** too much about stuff that really doesn't matter he plays out his contract and leaves next year or gets a new contract, the owner of the team doesn't want him to go, coughlin wants him to stay. JPP doesn't mind him there or splitting snaps with him. no one is distracted. Shockey was a distraction cause he *****ed and complained during games. i just think many posters are ultra sensitive to everything osi every since he complained two-three off seasons ago

+1.

radar-ray
04-30-2012, 12:13 AM

+1.+2. So many ultra sensitive people on here whining about Osi whining! Osi plays lights out, and that's all I care about. No Osi, no 2011 SB championship.

n420p69
04-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Osi has been awesome for us but he definitely has outperformed his contract and will most likely get that starter money somewhere, just not here, especially since JPP and Tuck are rightfully ahead of him on the d-line. Too bad the Panthers had to give Charles Johnson that absolutely ridiculous, Raider-like contract that set the market.

Harooni
04-30-2012, 12:48 AM
op is osi . lol

Drez
04-30-2012, 02:04 AM

+1.+2. So many ultra sensitive people on here whining about Osi whining! Osi plays lights out, and that's all I care about. No Osi, no 2011 SB championship.

You cannot say that with any certainty. In fact the only player that you can say that about would be Eli.

BlueBlooded1979
04-30-2012, 02:24 AM
I am not a blind Reese supporter like some but I think that he makes very fair offers for extending current players. Osi was offered an extension and turned it down. Kiwi accepted his extension.

Neither guy worth a big time DE contract so Kiwi took a little less for a nice payday. Osi wants to gamble with no guaranteed money left on his deal for the shot at a bigger payday in 2013.

Without insulting Kiwi I imagine Osi was offered similar (maybe even a touch more) than Kiwi but Osi turned in down and Kiwi was plan B.

Reese couldn't sit around and hope Osi changed his mind or offer him more than he is worth. This defense is built around the pass rush and losing two solid players at the end of the season would have been unacceptable.

giantsfan420
04-30-2012, 02:30 AM

Uh, hello, he held out of camp and demanded a trade (and right now is not participating with his teammates who are already back at work).* I think the organization was distracted by that.

You cannot say that with any certainty. In fact the only player that you can say that about would be Eli.

so osi didnt distract JPP and isnt distracting JPP by putting this garbage into his head to the point JPP says he'll do the same thing osi is doing?? great influence...osi has no say in his future which i love...if im JR, i go to the grave clutching osis contract and rights to the player...osi will have to play in the arena league or the cfl if he wants to play football without honoring the last yr of his contract...

and oh btw, osi talking about kiwis contract aint a distraction to kiwi either right??

Harooni
04-30-2012, 05:05 AM
so osi didnt distract JPP and isnt distracting JPP by putting this garbage into his head to the point JPP says he'll do the same thing osi is doing?? great influence...osi has no say in his future which i love...if im JR, i go to the grave clutching osis contract and rights to the player...osi will have to play in the arena league or the cfl if he wants to play football without honoring the last yr of his contract...

and oh btw, osi talking about kiwis contract aint a distraction to kiwi either right??

I bet after osi doesnt get what he wants after holding out of camp,and returns to play. he will come down with an "injury" early in the season.

Firenugget
04-30-2012, 06:05 AM

I bet after osi doesnt get what he wants after holding out of camp,and returns to play. he will come down with an "injury" early in the season.

May wanna book mark this page. I have a feeling you'll be looking for it in September.

bigblue58
04-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Forget what I said....I heard Osi's comments today and he's starting to whine.
I don't care if they trade him anymore.
Insinuating that Jerry Reese is a liar is classless garbage.
Now that I'm thinking about it......i'm salivating thinking about the quality player/players we can get for Osi.

Morehead State
04-30-2012, 10:15 AM

</P>

Osi is a DE. Period. he always has his hand in the ground.</P>

He has never been a LB.</P>

LT_was_good
04-30-2012, 10:40 AM

</p>

Osi is a DE. Period. he always has his hand in the ground.</p>

He has never been a LB.</p>

I think the poster above meant Kiwi in his first sentence.

radar-ray
04-30-2012, 11:06 AM

Definitely agree about Eli, but the D stepped up tremendously and was much more disruptivewhen Osi came back, and kept us in the games when we were going 3 and out. So I stand by my statement.

Drez
04-30-2012, 11:16 AM

Definitely agree about Eli, but the D stepped up tremendously and was much more disruptivewhen Osi came back, and kept us in the games when we were going 3 and out. So I stand by my statement.
Yes, the defense started playing much better in our run. But, I can point to any number of things such as Tuck finally getting healthier/playing better, simplified coverage schemes, etc. that effected the defensive play to try and say that Osi was the main reason we won the SB. Did he help? Yes. However, I find it a stretch to say that without him we don't win the SB.

B&RWarrior
04-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Kiwanuka is eligible for annual $50,000 workout bonuses throughout the contract's life. </P>

</P>

Yeah for those that don't believe that Kiwi doesn't like to lift weights. LOL, FO is saying "Just go to the gym and get stronger and we'll pay you what the average American makes." </P>

Look what added strength did for JPP his second year. His bull rush and inside move are all due to in part to increased strength. Now he's a factor against the run also. Kiwi at LB dosn't need to get stronger, but if we play him at DE whne Osi leaves he needs to get stronger.</P>

Drez
04-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Kiwanuka is eligible for annual $50,000 workout bonuses throughout the contract's life. </p>

</p>

Yeah for those that don't believe that Kiwi doesn't like to lift weights. LOL, FO is saying "Just go to the gym and get stronger and we'll pay you what the average American makes." </p>

Look what added strength did for JPP his second year. His bull rush and inside move are all due to in part to increased strength. Now he's a factor against the run also. Kiwi at LB dosn't need to get stronger, but if we play him at DE whne Osi leaves he needs to get stronger.</p>
Workout bonuses are just a way to sneak extra, non-guaranteed (but likely to be achieved) money into a contract. It has no bearing on the player that has it in their contract.

radar-ray
04-30-2012, 12:14 PM

Yes, the defense started playing much better in our run. But, I can point to any number of things such as Tuck finally getting healthier/playing better, simplified coverage schemes, etc. that effected the defensive play to try and say that Osi was the main reason we won the SB. Did he help? Yes. However, I find it a stretch to say that without him we don't win the SB.
Not saying Osi was the main reason, and of course there was other factors on the D's improvement, but Osi's disruptive factor played a big part in our D keeping constant pressure on the opposing QB, especially in our NASCAR pkg.

swimeasy
04-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Forget what I said....I heard Osi's comments today and he's starting to whine. I don't care if they trade him anymore. Insinuating that Jerry Reese is a liar is classless garbage. Now that I'm thinking about it......i'm salivating thinking about the quality player/players we can get for Osi.</P>

IA bigblue.IfOsi is so confident, just play out your year and hit FA next year. Pretty simple. There really is no need to pullthe teaminto yet another drama or faux threaten once again about making "definite plans". He has no leverage here except to try and play up public sympathy. </P>

“Yes, they offered an extension this year,’’ Umenyiora wrote in an email to The Post. “Guaranteeing half of what [Mathias Kiwanuka] was guaranteed. So him telling you guys they offered an extension is technically the truth. And I’m very greedy for turning down half of what Kiwi just got. Lol............</P>

I really haven’t made any definite plans yet,’’ Umenyiora wrote in the email. “I’m quite sure things will only get more interesting.’’</P>

full article:</P>

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/osi_pact_talks_may_get_ugly_hN0MRv1E0Qp4AFYV4y0tYK #ixzz1tXqce0w9’’</P>

</P>

Kruunch
04-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Just my humble opinion.

Apparently the Giants disagree.

Kiwi is also more of a complete player then Osi is and cheaper / higher value considering what Osi wants.

Osi is dreaming if he thinks he's getting $9+ mil a year at this stage of his career.

RoanokeFan
04-30-2012, 01:40 PM

The team is more important than individual players and you can't be serious about no Osi no Super Bowl. Osi didn't throw, run with, or catch the balls that scored points. He is a very good situational player and is clearly having a hard time getting that into his head. Tuck and JPP are better all around DE's. He plays behind them because that's the coaches call, not because they draw straws at the coin toss.

None of us know what Reese's offers have been but we can conclude that Osi believes them to be low. He is now emailing his displeasure to the NY Post? Maybe he and/or his agent should be talking with Reese.

As has been said over and over again, Osi signed a FRONT LOADED contract and now he's unwilling to work under the terms of that contract.

RoanokeFan
04-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Just my humble opinion.

Think about it this way: Osi and Mathias were both offered contract extensions. Mathias accepted his offer, Osi didn't. So who deserves what?

Odan
04-30-2012, 02:16 PM
So you're saying Osi should be demonized for not accepting an extension amounting to half of what Kiwi got? that's just ridiculous.

If I was Osi I would feel insulted as well. Everyone talks about Osi sucking it up and doing the right thing. He did that last year. How about the Giants front office sucking it up for once and showing a little loyalty as well. Osi has played his tail off for us over the years, and was a huge part of two Super Bowls.

How about manning up and at least offer him a contract that is worth what Kiwi got? Even at this stage of his career, he is still the better player on the field by far.

And at this stage in his career, you can't expect Osi to risk his entire future to play one more year with the Giants (as in serious injury) without a nice guaranteed salary.

Say football is a business and I'll say fine. But that doesn't mean players should always bend over and take it from the suits.

RoanokeFan
04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
So you're saying Osi should be demonized for not accepting an extension amounting to half of what Kiwi got? that's just ridiculous.

If I was Osi I would feel insulted as well. Everyone talks about Osi sucking it up and doing the right thing. He did that last year. How about the Giants front office sucking it up for once and showing a little loyalty as well. Osi has played his tail off for us over the years, and was a huge part of two Super Bowls.

How about manning up and at least offer him a contract that is worth what Kiwi got? Even at this stage of his career, he is still the better player on the field by far.

And at this stage in his career, you can't expect Osi to risk his entire future to play one more year with the Giants (as in serious injury) without a nice guaranteed salary.

Say football is a business and I'll say fine. But that doesn't mean players should always bend over and take it from the suits.

What's your position on honoring contracts?

sharick88
04-30-2012, 03:36 PM

Kiwanuka is relevant proof that if your business stays strictly business and behind closed doors, this organization will hook you up.

nygsb42champs
04-30-2012, 04:28 PM
It does seem a little high for him but I have faith that JR knows what he is doing.

RoanokeFan
04-30-2012, 04:37 PM
It does seem a little high for him but I have faith that JR knows what he is doing.

I think Kiwanuka is valued for his versatility as well as his skill sets. When you have someone who can play LB or DE the stock rises. As someone has already pointed out, not creating drama also helps [;)]

Morehead State
04-30-2012, 04:53 PM

I think Kiwanuka is valued for his versatility as well as his skill sets. When you have someone who can play LB or DE the stick rises. As someone has already pointed out, not creating drams also helps [;)]
</P>

That "someone"wasn't just any "someone". That "someone" is Sharick.</P>

RoanokeFan
04-30-2012, 04:55 PM

I think Kiwanuka is valued for his versatility as well as his skill sets. When you have someone who can play LB or DE the stock rises. As someone has already pointed out, not creating drama also helps [;)]
</p>

That "someone"wasn't just any "someone". That "someone" is Sharick.</p>

I couldn't remember, thanks.

buffyblue
04-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Very classless but not surprising that Osi would publicly talk about Kiwi’s contract.

Kiwi is WAY more important to NY Giants than Osi is.

I bELIeve.