PDA

View Full Version : Too many OT's that are 'projects'

river555
04-28-2012, 11:01 PM
We now have Brewer, Mosely and McCants. Theres no way all 3 make the team. None of them are ready to play this year so we cant have them taking up 3 roster spots. I figure McCants ends up on the practice squad.

G-Men Surg.
04-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't know about Brewster, the analysts said last year he was a one year project and that year is up. Aside of the possibility of Diehl moving to RT I expect JB competing for the RT job. The new guys ? They have a good chance to develp specially Mosley and I easly could see him filling up the RT or maybe even LT in case of an emergency or sudden injury, short term till the horses heal and come back.

bashful
04-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Thank you coach for the update. The rule is you draft 3 and hope one works. But what do I know.

NYSPORTS
04-28-2012, 11:25 PM
The quality of depth at OL is a bit scary. The stability is comprised of mediocre talent which works ok together but the stats indicate Eli was hit and rushed a lot.

Let's hope it's not a 2001 repeat in which it's a Superbowl team while the wheels finally fell off the OL.

Martyr
04-28-2012, 11:29 PM
I like the fact that Reese drafted two but I would have like one sooner. With the right coaching one or both may help the giants in the near future

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Well giants usually take 9 guys into the season, i think its possible they take Petrus + Brewer + the two rookies.

Can probably fit 10 OL on the active roster. Locklear and Diehl have to be concerned with their jobs, IMO.

jhamburg
04-29-2012, 12:00 AM
We now have Brewer, Mosely and McCants. Theres no way all 3 make the team. None of them are ready to play this year so we cant have them taking up 3 roster spots. I figure McCants ends up on the practice squad.

I don't think a late 6th round guy ending up on the PS is the worst thing in the world, or unusual at all. Brewer goes in as a starter or backup, Mosley hopefully makes the team and will be on the inactive list most games, and McCants either makes the team or goes on the PS. I don't see why you guys try to make up problems when there aren't any.

moecoastie
04-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Well giants usually take 9 guys into the season, i think its possible they take Petrus + Brewer + the two rookies.

Can probably fit 10 OL on the active roster. Locklear and Diehl have to be concerned with their jobs, IMO.

Ive never liked Diehl :(

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 12:24 AM

I love everything about Diehl, that he is durable, he plays his butt off, he can play any position on the OL. But I dont think he is a LT, and I do think he struggled really badly last season at both LT and LG.

I think they move him to RT, and let him compete against Brewer and Locklear.

moecoastie
04-29-2012, 12:42 AM

I love everything about Diehl, that he is durable, he plays his butt off, he can play any position on the OL. But I dont think he is a LT, and I do think he struggled really badly last season at both LT and LG.

I think they move him to RT, and let him compete against Brewer and Locklear.

Deihl has been struggling at LT for years. Last year proved he struggles at LG as well.

Martyr
04-29-2012, 12:53 AM

Diehl is my favorite ol player, I think maybe you're down on him from his last few years of play. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a good 2012 campaign

JJC7301
04-29-2012, 01:00 AM
I think I read TC saying that he expects Mosley to compete for starting at LG.

Harooni
04-29-2012, 02:28 PM
It's very hard to get a starting tackle in late rounds. I wish we would for once draft one early.

Bones911
04-29-2012, 02:34 PM

I really think Petrus is ready to start at guard.

BlueBlooded1979
04-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Locklear was veteran insurance for the RT position. I think the staff wants Brewer to win the position. If any of these kids show they are ready to be a full time backup then Locklear is gone.

I think Diehls play at LT last year was passable and Beatty wasn't much better.

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Locklear was veteran insurance for the RT position. I think the staff wants Brewer to win the position. If any of these kids show they are ready to be a full time backup then Locklear is gone.

Wouldnt be so sure, if Locklear plays at least as well as Diehl, I wouldnt be surprised if Diehl was the one cut instead. He is making like $4 mil this season

lawl
04-29-2012, 03:19 PM

Wouldnt be so sure, if Locklear plays at least as well as Diehl, I wouldnt be surprised if Diehl was the one cut instead.* He is making like $4 mil this season

Diehl got restructured.

FlyingTruck
04-29-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't get why some of you assume that every player we draft HAS to start. There are players picked early who don't pan out, and players picked later who do. It's the draft. We'll just have to see what the players can do on the actual field.

Coach Carter
04-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Folks, why all the Diehl hate? He played with a severe injury all last season, give the man some credit for sucking it up and doing the best he could to help the team.

He will be better next season.

G-Men Surg.
04-29-2012, 04:06 PM

I love Deihl versatility, toughness and durability but he is going to turn 32 sep. and next year is his last. Only chance IMO he has to stay and honor his contract in '13 with out getting cut is by restructuring his contract.

Drez
04-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Folks, why all the Diehl hate? He played with a severe injury all last season, give the man some credit for sucking it up and doing the best he could to help the team.

He will be better next season.
Maybe because his play hasn't been that great for the past 3 seasons, not just last season. He hasn't been much more than average since '08.

jakegibbs
04-29-2012, 05:24 PM

Did you not watch the 49 playoff game? They need 3 extra OLT to stop those guys.