PDA

View Full Version : It Seems that Some posters Don't Realize that We have Real Good Coaches

Diamondring
04-29-2012, 01:45 AM
I've seens some posters bad mouth Reese like he made a lot of mistakes. I would agree with some of you if we didn't have good coaches like a good te and a good O-line coach.

All players who come to the NFL still have to be taught because football takes a long learning process. Even our Cruz will have to learn that he needs to keep playing hard to make sure his teammates can get open and so on. Reese has done a A plus of a job to me. How about you?

Firenugget
04-29-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm not sure how anyone could complain with 2 SB's in 4 years and nobodies turning into superstars. What the hell else do people want?

B&RWarrior
04-29-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm not sure how anyone could complain with 2 SB's in 4 years and nobodies turning into superstars. What the hell else do people want?

JPP...you can hang a star on that one!

Diamondring
04-29-2012, 08:02 AM
We should find them and fine them for stupidity.

Die-Hard
04-29-2012, 09:28 AM
They simply dont understand that when you're picking at #32, which in reality is the spot that all teams aspire to be in, you aren't going to get the overhyped, big time explosive guys that they think this team needs.

In reality, my guess is that they wanted something to brag about to their friends, and since the Giants rarely do anything crazy/risky in the draft/FA period, they'll always complain that Reese should have done more.

Winning the SB just wasn't good enough[;)]

Redeyejedi
04-29-2012, 09:41 AM
The thing that is terrifying me is the Giants got projects along the Oline. The Giants Oline was the worst in the NFL last year and we didnt get 1 significant upgrade.The Giants Oline last year surrendered the Most QB pressures by 50 pressures over the 2nd team and had a running game that was dead last. Now look at the Giants schedule and how many good pass rushing teams they face. Eagles -Led the NFL in sacks,Ravens 3rd, Bengals 5th, Cowboys , 49ers tied 7th, Skins tied 10th. Thats not even taking into account the Steelers as well. If the Giants lose Eli Manning the season is over. After that 49er game i think they would be more concerned for him.

swimeasy
04-29-2012, 09:49 AM
I agree Die Hard and must admit to being frustrated myself that they didn't take Massie when they could have in round 3. Then I read about his questionable work ethic and realized JR, Ross and co knew exactly why they didn't take him.

While I'm still concerned about the OL, there does seem to be a concentrated effort to address it and if the collective Giants wisdom in TC, JR and Ross think we can take on some developmental prospects here, all the better. They have earned my trust. I will be especially interested in seeing what happens with the OL competition in camp.

titwio
04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
The thing that is terrifying me is the Giants got projects along the Oline. The Giants Oline was the worst in the NFL last year and we didnt get 1 significant upgrade.The Giants Oline last year surrendered the Most QB pressures by 50 pressures over the 2nd team and had a running game that was dead last. Now look at the Giants schedule and how many good pass rushing teams they face. Eagles -Led the NFL in sacks,Ravens 3rd, Bengals 5th, Cowboys , 49ers tied 7th, Skins tied 10th. Thats not even taking into account the Steelers as well. If the Giants lose Eli Manning the season is over. After that 49er game i think they would be more concerned for him.

This is just an excellent post.

I would have thought the Giants would target OL too and I was almost positive Glenn was going to be the pick in 1st...

But I can see where Reese is thinking they could be okay. They lost Beatty and will be getting him back healthy along with Baas who was hampered all year with injuries. Snee from what I was hearing wasn't one hundred percent and should be healthy after his off season procedure.

I'm thinking the Giants were thinking their OL woes were more to due with injuries than anything and the depth that played...Boothe, Petrus showed some promise. Also I think they like what they have in Brewer as well. The chemistry should be better going into a second year with the addition of the newer guys last year and also the fact there's not a strike shortened offseason as well.

Diamondring
04-29-2012, 10:29 AM

This is just an excellent post.

I would have thought the Giants would target OL too and I was almost positive Glenn was going to be the pick in 1st...

But I can see where Reese is thinking they could be okay. They lost Beatty and will be getting him back healthy along with Baas who was hampered all year with injuries. Snee from what I was hearing wasn't one hundred percent and should be healthy after his off season procedure.

I'm thinking the Giants were thinking their OL woes were more to due with injuries than anything and the depth that played...Boothe, Petrus showed some promise. Also I think they like what they have in Brewer as well. The chemistry should be better going into a second year with the addition of the newer guys last year and also the fact there's not a strike shortened offseason as well.1+

swimeasy
04-29-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm thinking the Giants were thinking their OL woes were more to due with injuries than anything and the depth that played.....The chemistry should be better going into a second year with the addition of the newer guys last year and also the fact there's not a strike shortened offseason as well.

Well said titwio. I have been wondering for some time how the shortened season contributed to the overall conditioning and subsequent injuries suffered last year. And time together as a unit seems to also be a critical success factor for an OL, especially when new players are introduced.

ashleymarie
04-29-2012, 11:28 AM
JPP...you can hang a star on that one!</P>

</P>

+1</P>

Firenugget
04-29-2012, 06:59 PM

While I agree, I also have to believe that they know more about the roster than we do. Beatty will be back, Boothe played outstanding, Snee is still very solid and Deihl is serviceable at G. (Don't like him at LT). Kmac was a liability and is now gone. We brought in a FA (sounds like another project though..Reiners or something, forgot his name), another FA vet (Locklear) and have Brewster going into year 2 who they really like.

So I just gotta hold my tongue a bit until I see what it looks like on the field. Until then I can't sit here and claim they drafted poorly. Not to mention we could still bring someone in.

Another point is I think getting raw players isn't always a negative. They can be coached and probably aren't as set in their bad habits.

JJC7301
04-29-2012, 11:57 PM
They simply dont understand that when you're picking at #32, which in reality is the spot that all teams aspire to be in, you aren't going to get the overhyped, big time explosive guys that they think this team needs.

In reality, my guess is that they wanted something to brag about to their friends, and since the Giants rarely do anything crazy/risky in the draft/FA period, they'll always complain that Reese should have done more.

Winning the SB just wasn't good enough[;)]

Experts doing the gradings, IMO, are looking for the exciting trades-up in order to give an A for the draft.

AntB
04-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Yea TC will go one on one with those rookie Offensive linemen and get them into shape quick like he always does. Plus we need to make sure Eli buys those good steak dinners for the offensive line; no more trips to the dollar menu's at the fast food place; this is the quarterbacks duty.

Diamondring
04-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Yea TC will go one on one with those rookie Offensive linemen and get them into shape quick like he always does. Plus we need to make sure Eli buys those good steak dinners for the offensive line; no more trips to the dollar menu's at the fast food place; this is the quarterbacks duty.Yeah Eli has to feed them like horses and those O-linemen cost about 1,500 dollars each to graze.

buddy33
04-30-2012, 07:25 AM

True, and they also lost Jacobs who was an excellent blocker.

Let's not forget though that they where a banged up unit as well. While Beatty is not a mauler, he was doing very well while he played against some very good pass rushers. I know I was not a fan of Baas during the season but he did come in a lock out season and was injured a couple of times. So maybe he was not himself and while KMac was playing poorly Snee was stuck in the middle. So maybe that effected his play as well.

If they can stay health maybe they feel that Beatty, Boothe, Baas, Snee, and Diehl will be a solid OL. They also picked up a good blocking TE and another speedy hard nose RB which might mean they want to get back to the running game.

I know we haven't seen him play but wasn't there something said about how much he liked him.

Are here any vets still out there?

Your concerns are valid but I'm sure they want to keep their franchise QB playing healthy.

Diamondring
04-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Another thing I want to add is that in 010, I think we had those same blockers and they start to do well later on. Then after the 010 Season, we had praises for them. Now we look at 011 Season and now we need to get some new O-linemen?

I like how some posters came out and said we had injuries to some of our O-linemen. Yet I am going to say, we need to not forget that we have to look at the year before 011 to see that we already have a decent O-line..

buddy33
04-30-2012, 07:41 AM
I honestly don't see why there was so much negative talk about Wilson. Well maybe I do see why. It's because people don't like when their mock draft doesn't go there way. It's also simply because everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. He looks awesome running the ball. Great speed and balance. I'm no expert but the fumbling could be a result of how hard he fights for yardage just like Bradshaw. We have seen TC correct fumbling problems twice now. Why can't he do it again?

I like the Randle pick. He is a big body receiver with lots of talent who played without a QB at LSU. I mean Reese supplied Eli with Smith, Manningham, Nicks, and Cruz. Maybe he knows a thing or two about WR's. Better yet, maybe TC knows something. Wasn't he a WR coach?

I can't tell you I know a lot about Hosely, but everything I see about he kid seems positive. They need some depth at the position. I'm not sold on TT being completely healthy and a number of their DB's are also coming off of injuries.

I like the Robinson pick a lot. Reese knows about athletic freaks. That's what this guy is. No, he didn't have great college production. That was college. He will now have the best TE coach in the NFL working with him and a 2 time Super Bowl MVP throwing to him.

Diamondring
04-30-2012, 07:46 AM
I honestly don't see why there was so much negative talk about Wilson. Well maybe I do see why. It's because people don't like when their mock draft doesn't go there way. It's also simply because everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. He looks awesome running the ball. Great speed and balance. I'm no expert but the fumbling could be a result of how hard he fights for yardage just like Bradshaw. We have seen TC correct fumbling problems twice now. Why can't he do it again?

I like the Randle pick. He is a big body receiver with lots of talent who played without a QB at LSU. I mean Reese supplied Eli with Smith, Manningham, Nicks, and Cruz. Maybe he knows a thing or two about WR's. Better yet, maybe TC knows something. Wasn't he a WR coach?

I can't tell you I know a lot about Hosely, but everything I see about he kid seems positive. They need some depth at the position. I'm not sold on TT being completely healthy and a number of their DB's are also coming off of injuries.

I like the Robinson pick a lot. Reese knows about athletic freaks. That's what this guy is. No, he didn't have great college production. That was college. He will now have the best TE coach in the NFL working with him and a 2 time Super Bowl MVP throwing to him.That that that was beautiful and so true. Make me cry.

jakegibbs
04-30-2012, 07:50 AM

Chip blocking by the RB's has to be addressed this year. I re-watched the SB last night & the sacks on Eli were caused by missed chip blocks by Ware. BJ did an excellent job while he was in there & Bradshaw also needs extra work on technique. He's so small about the only thing he can do is cut block which is illegal now if the O lineman is enguaged.

Morehead State
04-30-2012, 08:21 AM
The thing that is terrifying me is the Giants got projects along the Oline. The Giants Oline was the worst in the NFL last year and we didnt get 1 significant upgrade.The Giants Oline last year surrendered the Most QB pressures by 50 pressures over the 2nd team and had a running game that was dead last. Now look at the Giants schedule and how many good pass rushing teams they face. Eagles -Led the NFL in sacks,Ravens 3rd, Bengals 5th, Cowboys , 49ers tied 7th, Skins tied 10th. Thats not even taking into account the Steelers as well. If the Giants lose Eli Manning the season is over. After that 49er game i think they would be more concerned for him.</P>

You make excellent points here and i think it should be said that disagreeing with the FO for moved they make is STILL well in bounds. </P>

We all appreciate the two championships and the great work the FO and coaching staff did to bring them here. That said, these guys are human beings using their best judgement and even they are capable of making mistakes. If you look at the draft history of JR you will see them.</P>

They DO however in my view also deserve a certain "benefit of the doubt" on some of these calls as well. For instance, the O line has a lot of young developing players and we don't watch the practices. They could have we deserved confidence in some of these young players to develop on be productive for us.</P>

But my main point is that critcism of JR should be fine here. He shouldn't get "carte blanche" with us, but he should get a lot more leeway than someone who hasn't proven himself.</P>

</P>

GameTime
04-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Draft picks are all potential at this point anyway.
They know what they need, they know what they have, and they know what they are doing.

Hope now and critize later when and if it doesnt pan out.

LT_was_good
04-30-2012, 10:27 AM

Thanks for ruining my morning.

My main concern is RT. McKenzie was a liability last year, but I'm not sure Deihl will be any better. With the addition of a good blocking TE and a RB in the first round, my hope is that the running game improves, which would take some of the heat off Eli and slow down teams' pass rushes.

TuckYou
04-30-2012, 10:59 AM
</P>

No superstars? Tuck, JPP, Nicks, Eli, Cruz, Osi, Cweb....</P>

Toadofsteel
04-30-2012, 11:13 AM
We all appreciate the two championships and the great work the FO and coaching staff did to bring them here.* That said, these guys are human beings using their best judgement and even they are capable of making mistakes.* If you look at the draft history of JR you will see them.</P>
http://media.northjersey.com/images/300*408/MC_1204S4_GIANTS.jpg

That said, I agree that he does deserve *some* leeway... he's the one paid to make the decisions, not us...

EJ Blue
04-30-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm hater, and it's only because I want the Giants to eliminate preventable mistakes. And as a hater, I'll tell you this. It's April 30th, after a Super Bowl run and people are just saying 'stuff'. When I come here late November, I want to see if you still think Reese is a great GM and we have great OL Coaches yadda yadda,

but it's out of love [:D]

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 11:26 AM
The thing that is terrifying me is the Giants got projects along the Oline. The Giants Oline was the worst in the NFL last year and we didnt get 1 significant upgrade.The Giants Oline last year surrendered the Most QB pressures by 50 pressures over the 2nd team and had a running game that was dead last. Now look at the Giants schedule and how many good pass rushing teams they face. Eagles -Led the NFL in sacks,Ravens 3rd, Bengals 5th, Cowboys , 49ers tied 7th, Skins tied 10th. Thats not even taking into account the Steelers as well. If the Giants lose Eli Manning the season is over. After that 49er game i think they would be more concerned for him. well said.. I really hope James Brewer comes along this yr, as i think he will.. Hes really talented, and has a great frame and arm length, and is surprisingly athletic.. It is a bit scary having so much put on him, going into only his 2nd yr, because u can only hop but surley not expect anything but more of a decline for David Diehl, and who really knows if Boothe can keep up his good play?

Diamondring
04-30-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm hater, and it's only because I want the Giants to eliminate preventable mistakes. And as a hater, I'll tell you this. It's April 30th, after a Super Bowl run and people are just saying 'stuff'. When I come here late November, I want to see if you still think Reese is a great GM and we have great OL Coaches yadda yadda,

but it's out of love [:D]
I have been saying for years that we have a good O-line and Te coaches. I've also said that Reese may be one of the best GM's the Giants every had.

I also know that even with the best coaches, there are going to be times when they will be unable to do things they have done with other players. If our O-line messes up, then I would have to look at what the reasons are.

In the past, I talked about there are only five main blockers for a reason and there are two of them. One of them is,If the defense brings in more than the O-line can handle, then it will be hard to block them all. Then we have to look at defensive schemes. They can contribute to how good or bad the O-line can block etc.

I talked about extra blockers when I have the chance. The more you have in the te's, rbs and so on, that adds more protection and it can make it easier for the O-line.

Weygand
04-30-2012, 02:53 PM

Reese hired Coughlin and Gilbride? That's news to me.

Weygand
04-30-2012, 02:56 PM

Hindsight is always 20/20