PDA

View Full Version : So Who Do You Think Will Be The Giants Backup RB To Ahmad Bradshaw On Opening Night Week 1 vs Cowboys

Antwuan
04-29-2012, 05:53 AM
David Wilson
D.J. Ware
Da'rel Scott

Who's Gets The Edge By Week 1?

TheAussieGiant
04-29-2012, 06:35 AM
D.J Ware.

Until Wilson can prove to coughlin that he can pass protect he is going to be limited in his play time.

Just like Bradshaw exploded in a few games for us early on, but his pass protecting was sub par so he got put back behind Ward.

Can't wait to see David Wilson on the field though, he is going to make some highlight reels.

Hooligans
04-29-2012, 07:28 AM
The REAL question is who will be David Wilson's backup...and that will be Bradshaw. Bradshaw will be the starter game one, but by mid-season, Wilson will be the starter.......you don't draft a running back in the first round to be a backup.

B&RWarrior
04-29-2012, 08:04 AM
The REAL question is who will be David Wilson's backup...and that will be Bradshaw. Bradshaw will be the starter game one, but by mid-season, Wilson will be the starter.......you don't draft a running back in the first round to be a backup.

Bradshaw will be the starter, unless his feet are acting up. Scott will be #2.

If the run blocking doesn't improve it won't matter who's back there.

titwio
04-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah Bradshaw is going nowhere as far as the starter. He' s the best blocker they have and the strongest runner also. I love what Wilson could do as a #2 but not sure what the Giants will do early with him.

I'm hoping Ware is gone. Sounds bad to say but I'm definitely ready to move on from him. The competition in camp is only going to make these guys stronger and I'm hoping when it's done it will be AB, Wilson and Scott.

Hooligans
04-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Get real, Scott might not make the team. Most likely either Ward or Scott will be cut.

Toadofsteel
04-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Get real, Scott might not make the team. Most likely either Ward or Scott will be cut.

Once Scott gets his fumbleitis fixed, he'll be explosive. And TC is a master at curing fumbleitis...

On the other hand, Danny Ware has hit his peak, and it's not a big one...

jonnyhaze
04-29-2012, 01:48 PM
You guys are crazy if you don't think David Wilson is going be the #2 by game one.

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 01:50 PM
You guys are crazy if you don't think David Wilson is going be the #2 by game one.

Are we?

Neverend
04-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I hate Ware

But no way Coughlin will put Wilson out there if he's losing yards, whiffing in protection, and putting the ball on the turf.

RoanokeFan
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM

You can't be serious. It has already been reported that Wilson fumbles. TC has already had the "high and tight" conversation with him. I hope Wilson steps on the field and blows the doors off but, at this point in time, Bradsahw is the starting RB. Who his primary back up is will be determined by competition between now and opening day.

jakegibbs
04-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I hate Ware

But no way Coughlin will put Wilson out there if he's losing yards, whiffing in protection, and putting the ball on the turf.

What's Ware done that's been so bad to cause hate toward him? I thought he did fair & got a SB ring out of it to boot. Give him a chance to compete again this year in summer & fall camp before hating all over him will ya please?

RoanokeFan
04-29-2012, 06:40 PM
I hate Ware

What's Ware done that's been so bad to cause hate toward him? I thought he did fair & got a SB ring out of it to boot. Give him a chance to compete again this year in summer & fall camp before hating all over him will ya please?

I have always felt running backs need to get a lot of carries to really know their value. In the Seattle game two years ago he ran the ball for the entire 4th quarter and we had the ball for 11+ minutes> Yes, it was the 4th Quarter and the other guys were tired, still, this is the NFL.

I'm not saying he's the second coming, but I would not be surprised to see him # 2 or # 3 after the competition is over.

JJC7301
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM

Bradshaw will be the starter, unless his feet are acting up. Scott will be #2.

If the run blocking doesn't improve it won't matter who's back there.
+1. Wilson's got to learn pass blocking. AB will be the starter until Wilson can prove that he can do that. I'm not worried -- I think that all of our recent RBs and TE, for the most part, came into the NFL with having to learn blocking and all have become exceptional at it (except for Beckum).

greenca190
04-29-2012, 07:01 PM
180 carries for bradshaw and 150 for wilson.

Duckdownman
04-29-2012, 07:05 PM
I don't think its even a question it will be Ware's job to lose.

TheEnigma
04-29-2012, 07:06 PM
I hate Ware

But no way Coughlin will put Wilson out there if he's losing yards, whiffing in protection, and putting the ball on the turf.This. Expect to see him returning kicks or punts in the early part of the season more so than being on the offense until he fixes a few things.

Duckdownman
04-29-2012, 07:08 PM

Thats funny because WE drafted a running back in the 1st to be a backup.lol

ShakeNBake
04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
I really hope it isn't Ware, but as others have said its his job to lose. Ware has shown nothing with the opportunities hes had but he also hasn't screwed up(like Scott fumbling) so he is the safest option at number two at this point. If anyone can fix Scott and Wilson's fumbling issues its our coaching staff, and if that happens bye bye Ware!

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Unless you have an elite workhorse back, of which I believe there are only 2 in the entire league, theres no such thing as a "backup" HB. Just who gets more carries.

Would not be surprised if Bradshaw and Wilson have similar total number of carries, especially with bradshaws injury history

Danny1024
04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
LOL you guys. You don't take a RB in the 1st round and then put him behind a couple of scrubs who might not even make the roster this season... Wilson will be the #1 back by next season. If the Giants didn't believe that then they wouldn't have taken him so early.

Firenugget
04-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Unless you have an elite workhorse back, of which I believe there are only 2 in the entire league, theres no such thing as a "backup" HB. Just who gets more carries.

Would not be surprised if Bradshaw and Wilson have similar total number of carries, especially with bradshaws injury history

I think so too. Personally I'd like to see Scott in the mix as well year 2 but we'll see.

Drez
04-29-2012, 07:39 PM

Scott's making the team. Brown will probably be the odd man out, with that suspension and all. Ware is probably closer to being on the bubble than Scott is, too.

Edit: Though, I'd like to add that at this point Ware is probably the 2 back as he's the only other remotely "proven" back we have on the roster right now.

TheEnigma
04-29-2012, 07:41 PM
LOL you guys. You don't take a RB in the 1st round and then put him behind a couple of scrubs who might not even make the roster this season... Wilson will be the #1 back by next season. If the Giants didn't believe that then they wouldn't have taken him so early.
Coughlin puts more priority in a RB's ability to pass protect and hold on to the ball than being able to break off a big run for a touchdown. Wilson simply isn't ready yet is all.

Drez
04-29-2012, 07:41 PM

But, the question was framed as by Week 1, not Week 4 or 6 or 8. Wilson's pass pro and ball security may not be up to snuff by then. Sure, by the time everything is said and done Wilson will be the second head, but that might not be Week 1.

Morehead State
04-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Wilson will be the #2. Period. You don't draft a guy in the first round to sit and wait until TC is convinced he can play.</P>

Everyone believe's he can play and thats why they drafted his so high.</P>

Wilson will be the change of pace RB and as the season progresses will share moreand more time with Bradshaw.</P>

Drez
04-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Wilson will be the #2. Period. You don't draft a guy in the first round to sit and wait until TC is convinced he can play.</p>

Everyone believe's he can play and thats why they drafted his so high.</p>

Wilson will be the change of pace RB and as the season progresses will share moreand more time with Bradshaw.</p>
History has proven that statement to be wrong. While TC doesn't have any problems with playing rookies, he's reticent to put guys in who aren't ready.

Axels15
04-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Wilson.

giantsfan420
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
ware bores me. but i will say this, he had an article some weeks ago and he was saying that prior years, when the season ended, he went into rest mode and never really got serious about improving in the off season.

he said that after this season, he'll take a couple weeks, but get right back into training and trying to improve his game.

wouldnt shock me if ware looks like a new back, sometimes its about mental preparation.

with that said, i thought i had read JR or Coughlin talkin about how Wilson is gonna be the 2 back immediately

Morehead State
04-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Wilson will be the #2. Period. You don't draft a guy in the first round to sit and wait until TC is convinced he can play.</P>

Everyone believe's he can play and thats why they drafted his so high.</P>

Wilson will be the change of pace RB and as the season progresses will share moreand more time with Bradshaw.</P>

History has proven that statement to be wrong. While TC doesn't have any problems with playing rookies, he's reticent to put guys in who aren't ready.
</P>

More than any position on the field, RB's are more apt to play a lot in their rookie year. RB's who are first round picks especially.</P>

Kruunch
04-30-2012, 09:16 AM

+1