PDA

View Full Version : Randle vs. Claiborne

dayeh33
04-29-2012, 11:05 AM
They know each others game I'm sure more than anyone else from competing in practice all the time.. Now they get to face off twice a year.. Should be something to look forward to.

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Randle should be thrilled now that he now has a QB capable of getting the ball to him

titwio
04-29-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't expect Claiborne to be covering much of Randle. He's easily better than anything the Boys have in their secondary minus Carr (at least right now) and should be covering either Nicks or Cruz.

Hell, I think that's one of the reasons why the Cowboys moved up to get him...after Eli, Nicks and Cruz destroyed them last year.

Redeyejedi
04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Randle should be thrilled now that he now has a QB capable of getting the ball to himJordan Jefferson was horrible. Ive never seen a Pro team say the QB play of a college team was bad before. The National Championship game was a joke. The guy couldnt get the ball out of his hands

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't expect Claiborne to be covering much of Randle. He's easily better than anything the Boys have in their secondary minus Carr (at least right now) and should be covering either Nicks or Cruz.

Hell, I think that's one of the reasons why the Cowboys moved up to get him...after Eli, Nicks and Cruz destroyed them last year.

Im not sure if Claiborne or Carr are going to play in the slot, Carr never did for KC, and Claiborne didnt in college. So if Randle is playing out wide, I would expect he gets matched up against Claiborne on occasion, if not more than that

titwio
04-29-2012, 11:27 AM

Im not sure if Claiborne or Carr are going to play in the slot, Carr never did for KC, and Claiborne didnt in college. So if Randle is playing out wide, I would expect he gets matched up against Claiborne on occasion, if not more than that

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Giants are going to do. I thought before Randle was picked that Nicks and Cruz were going to be out wide and Jernigan was going to play the slot. Getting Randle changes everything, even though he's not guaranteed the 3rd option...Nicks and Cruz should be the guys out wide in normal formations. So I at least expect MoClaib will be on either one of them in those situations.

NewYorkSwagg
04-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Cruz mentioned that he would like to stay the slot receiver so I'm guessing they'll keep him there definitely with Randle being picked in the sencond round and he can't play slot.

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Cruz mentioned that he would like to stay the slot receiver so I'm guessing they'll keep him there definitely with Randle being picked in the sencond round and he can't play slot.

Yea, I would expect Cruz moves into the slot when they go 3+ receiver sets. He was far too effective inside to not be used there

titwio
04-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Cruz mentioned that he would like to stay the slot receiver

Where did you read this? Not saying your wrong...I'd just like to read that article.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-29-2012, 11:57 AM
I see Randle and Jernigan both playing big roles next season.
Nicks 1200 yds
Cruz- 1300 yds
Randle- 800
Jernigan-600
Bennett- 500
rest- around 350

ShakeNBake
04-29-2012, 11:58 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Giants are going to do. I thought before Randle was picked that Nicks and Cruz were going to be out wide and Jernigan was going to play the slot. Getting Randle changes everything, even though he's not guaranteed the 3rd option...Nicks and Cruz should be the guys out wide in normal formations. So I at least expect MoClaib will be on either one of them in those situations.

2 man sets obviously Nicks and Cruz but in 3 man i think we put x-Nicks y-Cruz z-Randle. I'd personally rather ave that set than x-Nicks y-Jernigan z-Cruz

gmen0820
04-29-2012, 11:58 AM

Im not sure if Claiborne or Carr are going to play in the slot, Carr never did for KC, and Claiborne didnt in college. So if Randle is playing out wide, I would expect he gets matched up against Claiborne on occasion, if not more than thatThey have a good slot corner in Scandrick.

Neverend
04-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Randle will destroy that nigga!

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 12:01 PM
They have a good slot corner in Scandrick.

Hes only good when he plays teams that arent the giants, lol.

Giants work the crap out of him every time they play. SS worked him over for awhile, then Cruz made him look horrible last year. Its amusing really

gmen0820
04-29-2012, 12:02 PM
They have a good slot corner in Scandrick.

Hes only good when he plays teams that arent the giants, lol.

Giants work the crap out of him every time they play. SS worked him over for awhile, then Cruz made him look horrible last year. Its amusing reallyYeah I don't know why he breaks down vs NYG. I view him as a pretty solid DB.

FroZeNx31x
04-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Nicks 1200 yds
Cruz- 1300 yds
Randle- 800
Jernigan-600
Bennett- 500
rest- around 350

Someone give this guy a reality check

Sundown
04-29-2012, 12:31 PM

Im not sure if Claiborne or Carr are going to play in the slot, Carr never did for KC, and Claiborne didnt in college. So if Randle is playing out wide, I would expect he gets matched up against Claiborne on occasion, if not more than thatThey have a good slot corner in Scandrick.

Scandrick is average at best, not to mention they overpaid him too. He always get worked playing us

NYGRealityCheck
04-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Nicks 1200 yds
Cruz- 1300 yds
Randle- 800
Jernigan-600
Bennett- 500
rest- around 350

Someone give this guy a reality check

well Nicks and Cruz do have potential to break over 1000 yards reception each just from their YAC alone.

Randle perhaps 400-600 yards.
4th WR will only get like 200 yards tops.

The Giants also plan to have a better running attack this coming season, which will of course rob some mojo from Eli's passing game. RB/FB's may have more than 350 yards if you think about the screen passes, check down passes, and their ability to catch the ball..

Claiborne will be more busy with Nicks/Cruz. Newman is gone. Scandrick gets abused by Nicks 24/7. Randle will mostly be matched up against lower depth CBs.

slipknottin
04-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Scandrick is average at best, not to mention they overpaid him too. He always get worked playing us

Hes actually better than average against other teams. Against the Giants he is a different player. Dont think anyone understands why, but Im fine with it

Meanhothead
04-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Eli makes a lot of good DBs look average these days.

titwio
04-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Eli makes a lot of good DBs look average these days.

Not against the Jets but for the most part last year...yeah.

titwio
04-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Cruz mentioned that he would like to stay the slot receiver

Where did you read this? Not saying your wrong...I'd just like to read that article.

Never mind...I found the article.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/13787/cruz-still-wants-slot-even-if-giants-draft-wr