PDA

View Full Version : Ntegrase96 Dallas

ibbill
04-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey how do you feel about your draft along with Wash Egirls and G-Men

jhamburg
04-29-2012, 03:42 PM
I hate to say it but Dallas got a great deal with Claiborne. Huge upgrade for their secondary, and I think St. Louis should really have asked for more than just a 2nd for the pick. I know it's accurate with the trade value chart, but Claiborne is more of a top 3-4 prospect and they should have charged accordingly.

Drez
04-29-2012, 05:11 PM
I hate to say it but Dallas got a great deal with Claiborne. Huge upgrade for their secondary, and I think St. Louis should really have asked for more than just a 2nd for the pick. I know it's accurate with the trade value chart, but Claiborne is more of a top 3-4 prospect and they should have charged accordingly.
I don't know how great of a deal it was. Claiborn may be a great player, but the 14th picks in the first and second are a steep price to pay, especially with having signed a high priced CB in FA and given the plethora of other needs they had.

giantyankee1976
04-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I think dallas drafted very well, they were well aware that their 2ndary was their biggest weakness.

They addressed that issue with FA and draft choices.

Will be an interesting year to come.

ibbill
04-29-2012, 06:36 PM
I have always felt that no matter how good the D backs are if there is no pass rush you lose in the end.

Ntegrase96
04-29-2012, 07:40 PM
For the most part I thought the draft was a head-scratcher for the Dallas Cowboys.

We essentially gave up Brockers for Claiborne, as well as a 2nd rounder. Claiborne does fill two needs for us-- CB and a solid kick returner, but I personally would have preferred to strengthen the trenches by taking Brockers (or another DE) and Center Peter Konz in the 2nd.

The rest of the draft? Well, even Garrett established that we needed a couple of starters from this draft, and I don't believe we got any... at least for the immediate future. I think Crawford could contribute this year and be pretty nasty in the future, but other than that, it wasn't a great draft for us.

The positive about this draft is that all of our draftees seem to be good character guys with good athleticism and high motors.

Ntegrase96
04-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Giants:

It's hard to argue with what Jerry Reese does since it seems to work. But I just didn't understand the 32nd pick overall. Taking Wilson seemed like a stretch there but so did taking JPP early.

I thought that was a prime opportunity to strengthen your o line by selecting OG, Silatolu, who could've brought a violent, nasty presence to your offensive line.

The Rueben Randle pick was a really good one, but other than that I wasn't very impressed by the overall selection, but JR got good value out of the picks.

Ntegrase96
04-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Washington and Philly:

1. Washington, way to be aggressive and get a potential pro bowl QB. Everything else... what the hell were you doing? Are you comfortable being in the NFCE basement?

2. Philadelphia's FO proves once again it can snatch up the best talent: Now if they can only put it together on the field.

They already had the best pass rush in the division/league last year, and now they add a potential pro bowl defensive tackle with Fletcher Cox, AND a first round talent worthy defensive end with Vinny Curry.

Then they somehow managed to grab Brandon Boykin to help fill the void left by Asante.

And it's clear to me that they're going to make Nick Foles look like an exceptional quarterback for trade value so they can continue to manipulate the rest of the league into giving them more opportunities to snatch up even more talent.

Well played, Philly.

ibbill
04-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Ntegrase96 Thanks for the input. I also really believe and hate to say so Philly is the team to beat this year.

Only weak or inconsistent part on that Philly team is the QB.

Going to be a lot of fun watching this division lay it on each other this year.

Axels15
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM
As long as Vick is injury prone, i can't say Eagles are the team to beat.

Who do they even have to back him up? A rookie?

Bread
04-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Former Starting Quarterback and Stanford Graduate, Trent Edwards.

miked1958
04-29-2012, 09:37 PM

Former Starting Quarterback and Stanford Graduate, Trent Edwards.He was in Buffalo before they got Fitzpatrick right..? Trent will be a good backup. Where did Vince young go?

Bread
04-29-2012, 09:46 PM

Former Starting Quarterback and Stanford Graduate, Trent Edwards.He was in Buffalo before they got Fitzpatrick right..? Trent will be a good backup. Where did Vince young go?

Either Oakland, the CFL or in a bunker with JaMarcus Russell.

casvdry
04-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I have always felt that no matter how good the D backs are if there is no pass rush you lose in the end.

7th in sacks last year and only 6 behind the Giants. With the improved secondary, our pass rush should improve.

jhamburg
04-29-2012, 11:00 PM

...who also wasn't on an NFL roster in 2011

Bread
04-29-2012, 11:07 PM

The Dolphins tried to woo him into offering his services to them but he flat out turned them down.

Ntegrase96
04-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Ntegrase96 Thanks for the input. I also really believe and hate to say so Philly is the team to beat this year.

Yeah no problem. It seemed a bit quiet around the smack talk thread considering the draft was this weekend.

I think the biggest problem with Philly may be coaching. The team just needs a change of pace or something. Hard to believe a team that is that consistently loaded with talent, with a high turnover of talent also, can't get over the hump. FO seems to be doing its job; maybe Reid is the problem.

How do you feel the Giants did? I see a lot of excited posters, but not many people that I'm particularly familiar with. So I'd like to get your take on things.

Giants10Joe
04-29-2012, 11:41 PM
And it's clear to me that they're going to make Nick Foles look like an exceptional quarterback for trade value so they can continue to manipulate the rest of the league into giving them more opportunities to snatch up even more talent.

I actually think they look at Foles as a potential replacement to Vick a few years down the road. Vick is 31 and has started 16 games just once in his career (2006, his last year with the Falcons). Also, I think he's one of the more overrated players in the league, especially now that defenses know how to defend against him. I think three or four years down the road they're going to jettison Vick for Foles, kind of like they did with McNabb and Kolb/Vick.

Giants10Joe
04-29-2012, 11:43 PM

The Dolphins tried to woo him into offering his services to them but he flat out turned them down.

Wow, that's pretty bad if a player would rather sit the year out than play for you.

Bread
04-29-2012, 11:49 PM

Wow, that's pretty bad if a player would rather sit the year out than play for you.

Channing Crowder prematurely retired because he didnt want to continue to play for the Dolphins. Something, behind the scenes down there isnt right.

Axels15
04-30-2012, 12:41 AM

Carson Palmer basically did that with the Bengals also lol

And people on the boards were complaining that players don't want to play with Coughlin lol

I Bleed Blue 56
04-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Ntegrase96 Thanks for the input. I also really believe and hate to say so Philly is the team to beat this year. Only weak or inconsistent part on that Philly team is the QB. Going to be a lot of fun watching this division lay it on each other this year.</P>

Im going to disagree with you they lost there probowl LT which will hurt them along with Asante who by far was a nightmare for Eli. There secondary will not improve because of one rookie. There D-line and linebackers did improve but rookies are rookies and besides Suh none really will dominate like that. It took JPP a year to develop into the player he is now. I believe there o-line and secondary will be there weakest links on there team especially with our dline and our Wr's.</P>

n420p69
04-30-2012, 01:26 AM
The Eagles aint the team to beat this year, we are.

jhamburg
04-30-2012, 03:16 AM
The Eagles aint the team to beat this year, we are.

Seriously I can't believe anyone, much less a Giants fan, would say the Eagles are the team to beat in the NFCE. We're comparing a team that missed the playoffs to a team that won the super bowl here. We are the team to beat for the entire NFL.

ibbill
04-30-2012, 10:05 AM

Yeah no problem. It seemed a bit quiet around the smack talk thread considering the draft was this weekend.

I think the biggest problem with Philly may be coaching. The team just needs a change of pace or something. Hard to believe a team that is that consistently loaded with talent, with a high turnover of talent also, can't get over the hump. FO seems to be doing its job; maybe Reid is the problem.

How do you feel the Giants did? I see a lot of excited posters, but not many people that I'm particularly familiar with. So I'd like to get your take on things.

Once they signed Rogers and Osi seemed okay (gulp maybe not) Was looking for a WR to replace Manningham. This may be one of the few times TC starts a rookie.Rueben) With Jacobs gone RB was really nice pick. Seems a lot thought we would pick a O line man in the first 2 rds but we really have a lot of depth there. Hosley pick was great for ST.

Hixon Wr. is coming off his 2nd acl cant see him ever being 100% again. Very happy with the draft. Reese picked some great players and they ended up filling our holes. Good Luck this year. Should be a lot of fun again.

giantyankee1976
04-30-2012, 01:26 PM
...How do you feel the Giants did? I see a lot of excited posters, but not many people that I'm particularly familiar with...
the Draft:

David Wilson: possibly a new type Tiki

Double
R: fulfills a NEED at WR and was a steal as he was projected by many as a
1st Round talent. HOPEFULLY he will have a good Football IQ and not
need coaching up like Double-M did.

Hosley: may be a steal as
well. A little bit of character issue with failed drug test BUT if I
remember correctly Bradshaw was also a "character issue" and look at him
now.

the Tackles, Mosley and McCants? What I understand is that
most draft experts had the majority of Tackles projected as either
better suited as NFL Guards or otherwise "projects."

Never the
less, O-Line improvement is a need, especially with the pass rushes of
dallas, philly and washington getting upgrades and such.

As to Kuhn, with Marvin Austin being a question mark after his injury, this to me was an insurance pick.

Typical Jerry Reese draft. Nothing flashy, just solid thought-out BPA/Needs picking.

Grade: A-

Ntegrase96
05-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Ntegrase96 Thanks for the input. I also really believe and hate to say so Philly is the team to beat this year. Only weak or inconsistent part on that Philly team is the QB. Going to be a lot of fun watching this division lay it on each other this year.</p>

Im going to disagree with you they lost there probowl LT which will hurt them along with Asante who by far was a nightmare for Eli. There secondary will not improve because of one rookie. There D-line and linebackers did improve but rookies are rookies and besides Suh none really will dominate like that. It took JPP a year to develop into the player he is now. I believe there o-line and secondary will be there weakest links on there team especially with our dline and our Wr's.</p>

Von Miller? Sometimes rookies are a force, and with the help surrounding him, I can see Fletcher Cox making some noise with Babin and Cole.

Just goes to show you the difference in point of views. I personally liked the Eagles having Asante Samuel. Garrett was pretty good at scheming against him and playing against his weakensses.

We all match up differently against each other.

Ntegrase96
05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
...How do you feel the Giants did? I see a lot of excited posters, but not many people that I'm particularly familiar with...
the Draft:

Double

now.

Never the

As to Kuhn, with Marvin Austin being a question mark after his injury, this to me was an insurance pick.

Typical Jerry Reese draft. Nothing flashy, just solid thought-out BPA/Needs picking.

Good breakdown. How ya been? Still hungover from the superbowl?

giantyankee1976
05-01-2012, 11:23 PM
the Draft:

Double

now.

Never the

doing well, for the most part. You?
<font color="#FF0000">
what SB win ???</font> [:|]

Ntegrase96
05-05-2012, 04:22 PM
the Draft:

Double

now.

Never the

doing well, for the most part. You?
<font color="#ff0000">
what SB win ???</font> [:|]

Well enjoy the NFCE title while you can because it's gonna be ours!

...probably not this year, but next year.

...and if not the next year then some year after that!

Okay so we're rebuilding a bit.

giantyankee1976
05-05-2012, 04:36 PM
LOL, you're crazy man.

Ahmad44rushHARD
05-09-2012, 02:24 PM
crazy like a fox!

go jints