PDA

View Full Version : Yes the eagles again !

jints1964
04-29-2012, 06:33 PM
The "experts" have again announced that the eagles have had another great draft and are a serious contender to win the east. Didn't they rave about the eagles getting Maclin in 2009 and we only got Nicks. We screwed up. Let's see

Maclin; 44 games 189 receptions 2596 yds. 19tds.

Nicks; 42 games 202 receptions 3034 yds 24 tds

Not Again. Please give us a break. I respect Maclin but Nicks is the clear winner. Wake up out there in TV land.

Firenugget
04-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Dream team...Dream draft...No Sb's.=win

G-ManSB42
04-29-2012, 06:36 PM
The "experts" have again announced that the eagles have had another great draft and are a serious contender to win the east. Didn't they rave about the eagles getting Maclin in 2009 and we only got Nicks. We screwed up. Let's see

Not Again. Please give us a break. I respect Maclin but Nicks is the clear winner. Wake up out there in TV land.
</P>

Nicks is top 5 material. In crunch he is better than any receiver in the league. With Cruz opposite him it really isn't fair if he is 100% healthy. Hell 90%. Maclin is good but he would have to fight for the 3 spot on this team. We're that serious right now.</P>

Rudyy
04-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Good.
Let them keep picking the Eagles to win the division, more motivation for us.

miked1958
04-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Good.
Let them keep picking the Eagles to win the division, more motivation for us.I like them picking the eagles or Dallas over us each yr. heck with the skins getting RG3 they may pick them over u. Lol

Morehead State
04-29-2012, 06:49 PM

</P>

Maclin was actually a very good pick and has been very productive. He was the 2nd rated WR in that draft. Nicks just turned out to be the best WR in that draft.</P>

Don't kid yourself, we probably would have drafted Maclin if he had fallen to us.</P>

TheEnigma
04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
To be fair, they harped and criticized the heck out of the Eagles draft last year while praising ours. Instead of drafting a 26 year old guard with their 1st, they get a pretty good pass rushing DT so it's not farfetched to see why this draft gets more love.

GmenFan1980
04-29-2012, 06:52 PM

Nicks; 42 games 202 receptions 3034 yds* 24 tds

</P>

Maclin was actually a very good pick and has been very productive.* He was the 2nd rated WR in that draft.* Nicks just turned out to be the best WR in that draft.</P>

Don't kid yourself, we probably would have drafted Maclin if he had fallen to us.</P>

we would have drafted Trent Richardson if he fell to us too, what's your point :S

Morehead State
04-29-2012, 07:02 PM

</P>

Maclin was actually a very good pick and has been very productive. He was the 2nd rated WR in that draft. Nicks just turned out to be the best WR in that draft.</P>

we would have drafted Trent Richardson if he fell to us too, what's your point :S</P>

My point is that you draft players as prospects. As a prospect, Maclin has been a great choice for the Eagles.</P>

No one can see into the future. He was a solid choice.</P>

Pa1jintfan
04-29-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm so disappointed, let's throw in the towel now if possible. We don't stand a chance against the greatest team on earth. Mike Vick will never win a super bowl. Ever. They would have been much better with kolb. Dog killing garbage is Vick.

GmenFan1980
04-29-2012, 07:13 PM

</P>

Maclin was actually a very good pick and has been very productive.* He was the 2nd rated WR in that draft.* Nicks just turned out to be the best WR in that draft.</P>

we would have drafted Trent Richardson if he fell to us too, what's your point :S</P>

My point is that you draft players as prospects.* As a prospect, Maclin has been a great choice for the Eagles.</P>

No one can see into the future.* He was a solid choice.</P>

I know Maclin is a good player. and i agree with what you were saying,

just not a fan of "what if's" is all

RagTime Blue
04-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Analogy time:

Richardson is to Wilson as

A) Manning is to Sanchez
B) Asomugha is to Webster
C) Crabtree is to Nicks
D) Tom Brady is to Chad Pennington

If you think "C", then I might agree.

egyptian420
04-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Analogy time:

A) Manning is to Sanchez
C) Crabtree is to Nicks

Would love it if things turned out that way but I just don't see it that way at all so far

Neither have any experience in the NFL so its not like any of us "know", but based on their college tape, I would have to pick Trent.

Even Reese, Coughling, Ross all said Wilson was the 2nd best. I'll take their word for it as of now.

cornerback30
04-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Yada yada[|-)]

NYGRealityCheck
04-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Their draft picks in order...

Fletcher Cox
Mychal Kendricks
Vinny Curry
Nick Foles
Brandon Boykin
Dennis Kelly
Marvin McNutt (lol!)
Brandon Washington
Bryce Brown

giantyankee1976
04-29-2012, 08:36 PM
think of it this way, in our Division the eagles and cowboys seem to have the most expectations placed on them and so far both teams have wilted and fallen short of the SB because of all that stress and pressure.

If that means that our Giants keeping sneaking in or backing in and result with Lombardi after Lombardi well... [;)]

04-29-2012, 08:39 PM
they had a nice draft ....they got well-rated players....they usually do...Just hasn't translated into Lombardis....yet.. I hate the eagles more than any other franchise.... BUT ...with all their "stars" having full off season and full training camp they could be very difficult this year</P>

DVision
04-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Analogy time:

** Richardson is to Wilson as

******* A)* Manning is to Sanchez
******* B)* Asomugha is to Webster
******* C)* Crabtree is to Nicks
******* D)* Tom Brady is to Chad Pennington

Would love it if things turned out that way but I just don't see it that way at all so far

Neither have any experience in the NFL so its not like any of us "know", but based on their college tape, I would have to pick Trent.

Even Reese, Coughling, Ross all said Wilson was the 2nd best. I'll take their word for it as of now.

Well actually Wilson had 267 more YAC than Richardson. He lead the nation in that category by a long shot. The ACC is nothing like the SEC but it's not a division full of bums.

Trent can pass block and doesn't have the fumble problems so he may be more NFL ready now, but until these guys have played a few seasons their is no telling who will be more successful.

Die-Hard
04-29-2012, 09:17 PM
The Eagles really did have a very good draft, and they should be considered a favorite to win the NFCE. Its a fact that no one should be taking offense to. The Giants have a tremendously difficult schedule coming up, consdered the toughest one in the NFL this season, so don't freak out over someone not picking them to go 16-0 and repeating. That is simply not a realistic thought process. The Eagles and Dallas will be right in the mix, and maybe even Washington. Can't count them out after last season.

DVision
04-29-2012, 09:46 PM
The Eagles really did have a very good draft, and they should be considered a favorite to win the NFCE. Its a fact that no one should be taking offense to. The Giants have a tremendously difficult schedule coming up, consdered the toughest one in the NFL this season, so don't freak out over someone not picking them to go 16-0 and repeating. That is simply not a realistic thought process. The Eagles and Dallas will be right in the mix, and maybe even Washington. Can't count them out after last season.

It's so funny to here this in April though. No one has even touched the practice field yet. When was the last time a team projected to be the best "on paper" in April actually performed the way they were projected? So many different things factor into success.

Like you said it's anyone's division, although I disagree nobody should be considered a favorite in April. lol

TuckYou
04-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Eagles had an awesome draft though. They drafted great college players. Time will tell how that translates, but right now, yeah, it looks solid. Cox, Curry will be tough. Even got.my boy Phillip Thomas from Cuse. He was a steal as an UDFA.

Drez
04-29-2012, 10:06 PM

</p>

Maclin was actually a very good pick and has been very productive. He was the 2nd rated WR in that draft. Nicks just turned out to be the best WR in that draft.</p>

Don't kid yourself, we probably would have drafted Maclin if he had fallen to us.</p>
Actually, there were reports saying we thinking of moving up to 20 to pick him, but the Eagles moved up to 19.

DVision
04-29-2012, 10:17 PM

</p>

Maclin was actually a very good pick and has been very productive.* He was the 2nd rated WR in that draft.* Nicks just turned out to be the best WR in that draft.</p>

Don't kid yourself, we probably would have drafted Maclin if he had fallen to us.</p>
Actually, there were reports saying we thinking of moving up to 20 to pick him, but the Eagles moved up to 19.

All of this is just proof that pre and post draft grades are BS and these players can't honestly be evaluated until they actually play in the NFL.

egyptian420
04-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Analogy time:

A) Manning is to Sanchez
C) Crabtree is to Nicks

Well actually Wilson had 267 more YAC than Richardson. He lead the nation in that category by a long shot. The ACC is nothing like the SEC but it's not a division full of bums.

Trent can pass block and doesn't have the fumble problems so he may be more NFL ready now, but until these guys have played a few seasons their is no telling who will be more successful.
Then you agree with me. I'm saying time will tell but as of now, Trent clearly stands out as the better overall back.

I definitely hope that either changes or I'm flat out wrong all together.

Rudyy
04-29-2012, 10:31 PM
I agree that they had one of the best drafts this year.
They almost ALWAYS look good on paper, but they can't seem to mesh into a team
They find ways to blow it.
I have a hard time really taking them seriously to win the division.

DVision
04-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Analogy time:

** Richardson is to Wilson as

******* A)* Manning is to Sanchez
******* B)* Asomugha is to Webster
******* C)* Crabtree is to Nicks
******* D)* Tom Brady is to Chad Pennington

Then you agree with me. I'm saying time will tell but as of now, Trent clearly stands out as the better overall back.

I definitely hope that either changes or I'm flat out wrong all together.

Yeah, I agree he's NFL ready right now, that's what set him apart. Though with some proper coaching if Wilson fixes his flaws and we get some decent line play, he has a much potential as anyone.

TuckYou
04-29-2012, 11:16 PM
I agree that they had one of the best drafts this year. They almost ALWAYS look good on paper, but they can't seem to mesh into a team They find ways to blow it. I have a hard time really taking them seriously to win the division.</P>

Their weakness is actually what has been their strength, Vick. He wont win you a superbowl but he is a fun guy to watch play.</P>

allentown PA
04-29-2012, 11:16 PM
I heard Vick's nickname in jail was "old warm jaws"

JJC7301
04-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Good.
Let them keep picking the Eagles to win the division, more motivation for us.
+1. It just makes me laugh. And they'll have the 'boys ahead of us, too. Means lots of laughs throughout the season as both of those teams eventually fail.

And I do think the Eagles are dangerous, but it seems to be impossible for them to put it together to win a SB.

I think that we are the team to beat this year in the NFL.

JJC7301
04-29-2012, 11:26 PM

</p>

Maclin was actually a very good pick and has been very productive.* He was the 2nd rated WR in that draft.* Nicks just turned out to be the best WR in that draft.</p>

Yeah, I believe that the Giants FO wanted Maclin over Nicks. Sometimes the best move is the move that's never made.

Rudyy
04-29-2012, 11:35 PM
I agree that they had one of the best drafts this year. They almost ALWAYS look good on paper, but they can't seem to mesh into a team They find ways to blow it. I have a hard time really taking them seriously to win the division.</P>

Their weakness is actually what has been their strength, Vick. He wont win you a superbowl but he is a fun guy to watch play.</P> I honestly don't think Vick is going to lead them to a Super Bowl.

n420p69
04-30-2012, 02:52 AM
The Eagles are starting to turn into the Cowboys of the media, overhyped year in and year out, talking about how much more "talent" they have then everyone else. I see another 8-8 year for them. Its us versus Dallas, again, for the NFCE title.

TuckYou
04-30-2012, 09:26 AM

Their weakness is actually what has been their strength, Vick. He wont win you a superbowl but he is a fun guy to watch play.</P>

I honestly don't think Vick is going to lead them to a Super Bowl.</P>

I dont think Vick can stay healthy enough to stay on the field and lead them to a Superbowl. </P>

jimsgints
04-30-2012, 12:06 PM
The eagles could have 3 # 1 picks, they would still choke at the end of season.

ashleymarie
04-30-2012, 01:15 PM
I love to watch Vick play when he is not playing against us. I also love to see him lose. Except I always hope he beats the Cowboys since I see Dallas as our worst enemy in the division. Those are my thoughts right now. Haven't seen either team on the field this season. Might change my mind later on. I know the Giants have owned the boys in the past but not the egads.

paul007
04-30-2012, 08:31 PM
I like 7 of the Eagles picks. They did have a great draft.
They are our toughest competition on our division and now have a defensive rotation that is good.

WE are evenly matched. What gets me is other teams in other divisions have an easier go of it.
I would rather have it this way though.

sg92
05-01-2012, 09:26 AM
It takes more than talent to go all the way. Vick does not have what it takes (if he can even stay healthy) to lead a team and win enough big games to get it done.

Reid also does not have what it takes.

The last 8 Super Bowl winners are:
Giants
Packers
Saints
Steelers
Giants
Colts
Steelers
Patriots

Most of these teams have great leadership from the head coach AND the QB. All of these teams have great leadership from at least one of those spots.

This is why the Eagles will not win.

Redeyejedi
05-01-2012, 09:58 AM

</P>

Don't kid yourself, we probably would have drafted Maclin if he had fallen to us.</P>The writers claim they had a trade set up with Detroit to move up to 20 to draft him but the Eagles moved up to #19

Redeyejedi
05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
I like this years Eagles moves much better then last year. The thing that will kill the Eagles is Michael Vick. They have a Beastly Dline, and Offensive weapons its the QB they are missing.

sg92
05-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Don't forget Andy Reid. In our first game with the Eagles last season (week 3), our defense was so vulnerable, and we won the game. Coughlin totally outcoached Reid.

GCGiant
05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm predicting that they will make them play-out their schedule, anyway.