PDA

View Full Version : What about Chad Jones?

da_mane_man
04-29-2012, 10:48 PM
anybody have an update on him? wasn't he supposed to be ready for this season?

i was really excited about him when we got him and i think he will be a solid contributor to the safety group when he comes back. with deon grant being let go, we need a 3rd safety to step in behind rolle and phillips, this is his chance to step in and impress.

RoanokeFan
04-29-2012, 10:50 PM

i was really excited about him when we got him and i think he will be a solid contributor to the safety group when he comes back. with deon grant being let go, we need a 3rd safety to step in behind rolle and phillips, this is his chance to step in and impress.

He participated in the recent OTA

JJC7301
04-29-2012, 11:09 PM

I don't think at all that he was supposed to be ready this year. He can run, but he's not "NFL ready" this year. At least that's my understanding.

cornerback30
04-29-2012, 11:35 PM
If he still runs with that limp it will be hard on him to compete.If all that works itself out then I think he's in there

rEaS
04-30-2012, 12:31 AM
didnt he run a sub 5 sec 40 yard dash recently? if he did, he sure aint running with no limp..

DemandedAce
04-30-2012, 02:23 AM
4.84 I believe

JimC
04-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I think this is a very interesting situation. I wonder what the terms of his contract are? How long is he under contract? Will he be a free agent next year? If he contract is up after this year, does he have to show the Giants some real progress on the football field before they extend him? I wonder what the business deal is?

rEaS
04-30-2012, 01:35 PM
not sure about what the contract situation is either, but he'd be an ungrateful *** if he signs with anyone else except us, after all we waited for him to get better and not cutting him..