PDA

View Full Version : Any indepth thoughts/reports on Adrien Robinson?

Shockeyitus
04-30-2012, 08:34 AM
He is extremely intriguing with his massive size and really good timed speed. I know he is primarily a "blocking TE", but is there any idea that this kid has the ability to become an every down TE?

Also, When Orson Charles went off the board 11 picks infront of us, I really think the Giants were upset and had to possibly "stretch" to get this kid at the end of round 4. IMO.

buddy33
04-30-2012, 08:38 AM

Kruunch
04-30-2012, 09:14 AM
He is extremely intriguing with his massive size and really good timed speed. I know he is primarily a "blocking TE", but is there any idea that this kid has the ability to become an every down TE?

Also, When Orson Charles went off the board 11 picks infront of us, I really think the Giants were upset and had to possibly "stretch" to get this kid at the end of round 4. IMO.

Adrien Robinson is a receiving TE first, then a blocking TE. He wasn't featured as part of Cincy's offense but that in itself doesn't mean much.

He has very good speed for a TE (4.58 40) and good hands. Has room to add some weight to this frame. At 6'4 he's not a monster but he's a great size for a TE and wears it well (and he's already playing at 265).

I agree that he might have been a reach since he wasn't rated highly (borderline UFDA).

buddy33
04-30-2012, 09:33 AM
There is no way he was a border line UFDA and the Giants took him in the 4th rond.

Tommy_Ribs
04-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Kind of seems like Visanthe Shiancoe all over again.

He will be a guy to keep an eye, and this will be yet another test for Coach Pope, who has really risen to the occasion with all of the TE Projects we have sent his way recently.

Cloud57
04-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Are there any video(s) of this guy?

Kruunch
04-30-2012, 03:53 PM
There is no way he was a border line UFDA and the Giants took him in the 4th rond.

Go look up his draft grades.

Kruunch
04-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Kind of seems like Visanthe Shiancoe all over again.

He will be a guy to keep an eye, and this will be yet another test for Coach Pope, who has really risen to the occasion with all of the TE Projects we have sent his way recently.

That's kind of what I got out of the pick as well.

FroZeNx31x
04-30-2012, 03:56 PM
After what I've seen Pope do with a Western Oregon prospect (Boss), no-name practice squad player (Pascoe), and an over-looked, low reception TE (Ballard) I have no doubt Robinson would get on the right track in New York.

nygsb42champs
04-30-2012, 04:27 PM
He is a project for sure.

G-Man67
04-30-2012, 04:37 PM
i loved hearing Jerry talk about him</P>

i watched Cinci probably twice last year ... vs. RU and one other game</P>

didn't notice the guy to be honest</P>

but hearing Jerry say ... 270, 4.5 and long, long arms ... sounds very intriguing</P>

we have been using backup Tackles and lining them up at TE is some BIG packages ... maybe he can play some of that role while we develop him</P>

EliTE
04-30-2012, 04:50 PM
i think we realized with the ballard and beckum experiments that it's easier to teach a big bodied TE to run routes and catch passes, than it is to teach an undersized receiving TE how to block.

beckum is simply too small to be an effective blocker. i think it's easier for pope to take a big guy with some blocking skills, and make those skills better as well as developing their route and receiving skills.

jax5338
04-30-2012, 04:55 PM
After what I've seen Pope do with a Western Oregon prospect (Boss), no-name practice squad player (Pascoe), and an over-looked, low reception TE (Ballard) I have no doubt Robinson would get on the right track in New York.

right. i think they just love his build and coach pope is the best out there, so they know he can mold him. reese called him "JPP like" because of his size and potential so lets hope he can turn out just as well.

C1010
04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
He's raw and Reese has referred to him as being JPP like with his athletic ability.

I think Pope can work his magic with Bennet and Robinson and people will be pleasantly surprised.

slipknottin
04-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Watch him for Cincy, he never even runs routes. Hes there as a move blocker for the run game.

Hard to base anything off what he did in college. But the times they did let him run routes and throw to him he made big plays. He was a pretty good blocker too, definitely needs technique work, but he probably is already a better blocker than beckum. And beckum has had 3 years under Pope.

YATittle1962
04-30-2012, 06:25 PM

Adrien Robinson is a receiving TE first, then a blocking TE. He wasn't featured as part of Cincy's offense but that in itself doesn't mean much.

He has very good speed for a TE (4.58 40) and good hands. Has room to add some weight to this frame. At 6'4 he's not a monster but he's a great size for a TE and wears it well (and he's already playing at 265).

I agree that he might have been a reach since he wasn't rated highly (borderline UFDA).

definitely a blocker first

he barely ran routes at Cinci

major part of the running game

fourth&forever
04-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Watch him for Cincy, he never even runs routes. Hes there as a move blocker for the run game.

Hard to base anything off what he did in college. But the times they did let him run routes and throw to him he made big plays. He was a pretty good blocker too, definitely needs technique work, but he probably is already a better blocker than beckum. And beckum has had 3 years under Pope.

Glad to hear we found a good run blocking TE. Thats what he'll be - first and foremost. You're comparison to Beckum is amusing though. Lets not compare Beckum with anyone even remotely proficient at blocking. Even TC can block better than #47.

slipknottin
04-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Glad to hear we found a good blocking TE.

Well I dont really think any rookie TEs are good blockers in the NFL, they all need a ton of coaching. Its still a significant question mark.

fourth&forever
04-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear we found a good blocking TE.

Well I dont really think any rookie TEs are good blockers in the NFL, they all need a ton of coaching. Its still a significant question mark.
understood about the rooks. Beckum has had plenty of time and his blocking still sucks golf balls.

Pa1jintfan
04-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Just watch all I could find on this guy. Impressive size/speed. You can't teach that. Once they coach him up a bit, he could be a real force to deal with. He has big UPS!!!!!!!!

BlueSanta
04-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Its 1 of those Jaquain Williams type picks where the fans go "huh? who?" and in truth we wont know much until we see him in the fall because there is just such a limited amount of info and film on him out there.

The 1 thing that is out there is that he apparently worked out very well for such a big man.

slipknottin
04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Its 1 of those Jaquain Williams type picks where the fans go "huh? who?" and in truth we wont know much until we see him in the fall because there is just such a limited amount of info and film on him out there.

The 1 thing that is out there is that he apparently worked out very well for such a big man.

I heard a couple people (one scout, a couple media people) mention him even before the combine, saying he was extremely athletic and was used wrong by Cincy