PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Osi, I can't agree

hungrrrry
04-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Osi, you need to realize that because of your age and injury history, you won't be paid the money you want. It doesn't work like that. I, as many fans, would like you to either play out your contract and move on in 2013 or come to grips that NO ONE is going to pay you that kind of money. You could have another 13 sack season in 2012 but that will not get you more than a contract worth $7 mil/year, it not only $6 mil/yr. You could finish your career with something on the order of 4 years $27 mil and live quite comfortably. It pains us all to see some of you players pining about the multi-millions you believe you are worth when all us fans want are guys that want to just go out and play great football, and it is becoming all too clear that you are about the money! Don't you think that YOU do look like a greedy pig???

Seriously dude, get real! We all would love to be in a position of control when it comes to our income. Thousands of your fans (Yes, Osi fans) could possibly not even have a job yet read about how you would turn down $5+ million guarranteed. Come on man!!!

Morehead State
04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Osi, you need to realize that because of your age and injury history, you won't be paid the money you want. It doesn't work like that. I, as many fans, would like you to either play out your contract and move on in 2013 or come to grips that NO ONE is going to pay you that kind of money. You could have another 13 sack season in 2012 but that will not get you more than a contract worth $7 mil/year, it not only $6 mil/yr. You could finish your career with something on the order of 4 years $27 mil and live quite comfortably. It pains us all to see some of you players pining about the multi-millions you believe you are worth when all us fans want are guys that want to just go out and play great football, and it is becoming all too clear that you are about the money! Don't you think that YOU do look like a greedy pig??? Seriously dude, get real! We all would love to be in a position of control when it comes to our income. Thousands of your fans (Yes, Osi fans) could possibly not even have a job yet read about how you would turn down $5+ million guarranteed. Come on man!!!</P>

He will never get that from our beloved team. The reality is that every play Osi is on the field is a play where our best defensive player (JPP) plays out of position.</P>

Osi is barely worth the $4MM+ he's getting this year.</P>

Its time to move on from Osi.</P>

sharick88
04-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Osi is a situational pass rusher that has proven to be injury prone. He is a one dimensional player. I don't blame the guy for wanting to get as much money as possible. He has that right. Our FO has the right to disagree with his self-assessment as well

TuckYou
04-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Osi, you need to realize that because of your age and injury history, you won't be paid the money you want. It doesn't work like that. I, as many fans, would like you to either play out your contract and move on in 2013 or come to grips that NO ONE is going to pay you that kind of money. You could have another 13 sack season in 2012 but that will not get you more than a contract worth $7 mil/year, it not only $6 mil/yr. You could finish your career with something on the order of 4 years $27 mil and live quite comfortably. It pains us all to see some of you players pining about the multi-millions you believe you are worth when all us fans want are guys that want to just go out and play great football, and it is becoming all too clear that you are about the money! Don't you think that YOU do look like a greedy pig??? Seriously dude, get real! We all would love to be in a position of control when it comes to our income. Thousands of your fans (Yes, Osi fans) could possibly not even have a job yet read about how you would turn down $5+ million guarranteed. Come on man!!!</P>

He will never get that from our beloved team. The reality is that every play Osi is on the field is a play where our best defensive player (JPP) plays out of position.</P>

</P>

Completely but respectfullydisagree. Osi is our best pass rusher and most disruptive DE when talking pressure and QB sacks and strips WHEN HE IS ON THE FIELD. Osi makes others around him better. JPP can one day surpass him, but as of right now, no way. There is a reason our defense got much much better when Osi came back from injury.</P>

radar-ray
04-30-2012, 05:35 PM

</P>

Completely but respectfullydisagree. Osi is our best pass rusher and most disruptive DE when talking pressure and QB sacks and strips WHEN HE IS ON THE FIELD. Osi makes others around him better. JPP can one day surpass him, but as of right now, no way. There is a reason our defense got much much better when Osi came back from injury.</P>Don't talk sense, it's not allowed.They will all be happy when Osi plays out this year, and then signs with deep pockets D.Snyder or J. Jones, and comes back to run rings around Diehl and B slap Eli all over the place.

TuckYou
04-30-2012, 05:38 PM

</P>

Completely but respectfullydisagree. Osi is our best pass rusher and most disruptive DE when talking pressure and QB sacks and strips WHEN HE IS ON THE FIELD. Osi makes others around him better. JPP can one day surpass him, but as of right now, no way. There is a reason our defense got much much better when Osi came back from injury.</P>

Don't talk sense, it's not allowed.They will all be happy when Osi plays out this year, and then signs with deep pockets D.Snyder or J. Jones, and comes back to run rings around Diehl and B slap Eli all over the place.</P>

Hopefully its Beatty vs Osi. DD would get worked.</P>

radar-ray
04-30-2012, 05:43 PM

</P>

Don't talk sense, it's not allowed.They will all be happy when Osi plays out this year, and then signs with deep pockets D.Snyder or J. Jones, and comes back to run rings around Diehl and B slap Eli all over the place.</P>

Hopefully its Beatty vs Osi. DD would get worked.</P>Agree, but I don't think it will make that much difference.

Harooni
04-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Osi defenders , no one said he wasnt a good player. He just needs to stop whining, if he doesnt like the extension then don't sign it, play hard and maybe you will get what you want next season(doubtful because of age) Now maybe if he could stay in his gap and stop the run also JR would have offered more.

radar-ray
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Osi defenders , no one said he wasnt a good player. He just needs to stop whining, if he doesnt like the extension then don't sign it, play hard and maybe you will get what you want next season(doubtful because of age) Now maybe if he could stay in his gap and stop the run also JR would have offered more.
This boards whining makes Osi look like he has lockjaw. I care about how he plays not bs.

foxie
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
For an oft injured, part-time player (last year) who can't/won't play the run (benched 2 years ago), &amp; clubhouse malcontent. I just can't see giving you a raise Mr Osi, when frankly speaking I'm kicking myself for giving you a 4 year contract instead of 3 years &amp; having to go through this once again@ the start of a new season. The way I see it, you're the last of the team cancers, NONE of whom have been missed by the way, Mr Barber, Mr Burress, Mr Shockey, &amp; Mr Jacobs..." Grab your lunch pail &amp; don't let the door hit you in the a__ on the way out Mr Osi....Management"

TroyArcher
04-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Osi is injury prone and does play the run well. He is over valuing himself.

G-ManSB42
04-30-2012, 07:48 PM

</P>

Hopefully its Beatty vs Osi. DD would get worked.</P>

</P>

It would've been nice to see Jacobs chip block the snot out of him. Osi is a monster but he is best in our system where we got a solid line to give him freedom to be Osi. The strip sack move is worth 5 mil a year. </P>

I still remember Rodgers eyes getting big ****ing back and Osi just took the ball not that many DEs doing that. Dude is going to be a monster this year for that money. Let him just play one more year then go get STUPID paid but not by us. I like him but he is no Strahan.</P>

Morehead State
04-30-2012, 07:59 PM

</P>

</P>

Right now, after two years, JPP is one of the top 5 defensive players in the game.</P>

I'd be willing to bet that if you polled every DC in the league and they had one defensive player to choose from to build a defense around, JPP would finish first.</P>

Osi is a back up to JPP don't forget. </P>

alau53
04-30-2012, 08:15 PM
chris canty on snt wheelhouse said osi is the best pass rusher on the teamm..better than tuck & jpp

speedbreaker
04-30-2012, 08:42 PM
its amazing how disliked osi is on these boards!

BK07071
04-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Osi is a situational pass rusher that has proven to be injury prone. He is a one dimensional player. I don't blame the guy for wanting to get as much money as possible. He has that right. Our FO has the right to disagree with his self-assessment as well

I for one had enough of his bull....time to trade the ungrateful jerk. He's getting old and slower as well as being injured too often. I say trade him to another team......but make sure it's a team out of our division. Preferably San Diego or Oakland. They're not only out of our division. They're out of our conference. I'm sure that both teams would definitely be interested.

buddy33
04-30-2012, 08:51 PM
He catches a lot of heat on this board because all he does is complain. When someone just complains and complains it becomes annoying.

He is a good player, but he also benefits from playing with other star players such as Tuck and JPP.

He has no leverage. Let him sit. He will get fined and no team will give him what he wants for quitting on his team. Then the Giants will get abcomp pick for him next year.

BK07071
04-30-2012, 08:52 PM
chris canty on snt wheelhouse said osi is the best pass rusher on the teamm..better than tuck &amp; jpp

He's dreamin' Tuck is way bettter than Osi and JPP is coming into his own............Osi will be gone by the start of the season and you could take that to the bank.

miked1958
04-30-2012, 09:09 PM

He will never get that from our beloved team.* The reality is that every play Osi is on the field is a play where our best defensive player (JPP) plays out of position.</P>

Its time to move on from Osi.</P>I somewhat agree. And he is 30. However, kiwi who signed the 3 year Ext makes plays on D. Osi was making game changing plays and that's the difference

radar-ray
04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
chris canty on snt wheelhouse said osi is the best pass rusher on the teamm..better than tuck &amp; jpp

He's dreamin' Tuck is way bettter than Osi and JPP is coming into his own............Osi will be gone by the start of the season and you could take that to the bank.
And you know more than Canty! Right!

JJC7301
04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Osi, you need to realize that because of your age and injury history, you won't be paid the money you want. It doesn't work like that. I, as many fans, would like you to either play out your contract and move on in 2013 or come to grips that NO ONE is going to pay you that kind of money. You could have another 13 sack season in 2012 but that will not get you more than a contract worth $7 mil/year, it not only $6 mil/yr. You could finish your career with something on the order of 4 years $27 mil and live quite comfortably. It pains us all to see some of you players pining about the multi-millions you believe you are worth when all us fans want are guys that want to just go out and play great football, and it is becoming all too clear that you are about the money! Don't you think that YOU do look like a greedy pig???

Seriously dude, get real! We all would love to be in a position of control when it comes to our income. Thousands of your fans (Yes, Osi fans) could possibly not even have a job yet read about how you would turn down $5+ million guarranteed. Come on man!!!
I believe that Kiwi is getting $7mil per year and he certainly has a history of injury.

I think that Osi's worth $8mil per year for 4 years, but I don't know if we could even afford that.

I think Osi has $10mil per year in mind at 4 years and he's not getting that from the Giants.

JMFP2
05-01-2012, 12:53 AM
its amazing how disliked osi is on these boards!
</P>

I know. Pretty comical.</P>

Then again, alot of the same guys slamming Osiwanted to run Coughlin out on a rail last year, so, there you go.</P>

Osi is a real bum....not counting those2 Super Bowls, he's been a real slacker. He obviously let the contract distract him last year....only 12 1/2 sacks in 13 games, after kneesurgery.</P>

Seriously....</P>

Do I wish he would just put a lid on it?......absolutely.</P>

Do I want an all-pro defensive end to walk because he whines about his contract?.....**** no.</P>

Wasn't that long ago that Michael Strahan was *****ing about his contract....pretty sure it was right when Osi got a deal that back in the day was considered pretty fat. And we all know how that eventually worked out for everyone.</P>

rainierjef
05-01-2012, 01:13 AM
all i am gonna say on this matter... we are in a passing first league 4k is the bench mark now anything less than that is pedestrian,

1. how many QB's passed 4k last year? 7
2. how many QB's passed 5k last year? 3
3. how many QB's passed 3.5k last year? 4

even sanchez bum *** almost broke 3.5k @ 3,474

you need pass rushers, so this Osi is only a situational pass rusher, YES ****ING PLEASE!!! i'll take that over a run stopper. someone who can strip sack QB's get us the ball back with hopefully short yardage.

we run a rotating DE system so this osi is not a starter non-sense is quickly dispelled by fewell earlier in the season when he said "we rotate our DE's so their all starters."

this is a business and it works both way, each side is cut throat and more players than Osi has expressed this, back when ray lewis the best ILB next to LT had contract disputes he went public with it and said this is the rough side of the business; frankly i don't know when it started that organization cap numbers, players salary and all that became public to the fans but that to me was the end of just loving the sport and the players. now fans just ***** and moan just as much as the players that are complaining. i wish numbers never got into it people are arguing over money that doesn't affect them...smfh

i don't care about the contract who's right who's wrong anymore, talking gets you no where on this board besides internet tough guys, emo-insults and non giants loyalty claims ( go back to being a jets fan ) " real original."

Stay Angry my friends.

Diamondring
05-01-2012, 02:21 AM

He will never get that from our beloved team.* The reality is that every play Osi is on the field is a play where our best defensive player (JPP) plays out of position.</P>

Its time to move on from Osi.</P>I somewhat agree. And he is 30. However, kiwi who signed the 3 year Ext makes plays on D. Osi was making game changing plays and that's the differenceBut Osi can't beat double teams and isn't that good and overpowering blockers. He wants too much money and JPP and Tuck helps Osi make those game changing plays. This is why all 3 are on the field at the same time a lot of times. More talent on the field makes it hard to evaluate one player. If Osi was the only guy on that D-line beating double teams and make another player get one on one battles, then I would say he should get more money like the big playas.

Diamondring
05-01-2012, 02:26 AM
chris canty on snt wheelhouse said osi is the best pass rusher on the teamm..better than tuck & jpp

And you know more than Canty! Right!Just because Canty is playing along side his pals doesn't mean he is right. If what he said is right, then there wouldn't be no bad talks about the 100 best players last season. Even if Osi is the best pass rusher, that doesn't mean he is way better than the rest by a large margine.

BJacobs aka The Problem
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM
With all of us going back and forth on here about Osi, this could all turn out like the Lance Briggs saga in Chicago.

Osi feels he's worth more money. Right now the Giants front office feels he's worth extra money, but just not the amount Osi's asking for. It could end up being a situation during this season where they finally meet in the middle. It's happen before in other situations and it could happen here.

I for one am not going to kid myself, I dislike this ploy for a new contract. He signed an extension a while back and immediately began to whine for a new one which was garbage, but I won't deny the fact that when healthy and on the field, Osi makes the defense better in passing situations. The problem I have always had with him is the fact that he's injury prone and also prone to disappear against the run. He's worth extra money, but probably not as much as he wants.

JMFP2
05-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Does Osi beat his wife?....skip out on child support payments? fail drug test? drive hammered?....beat the **** out of people?...get caught with guns?</P>

Does Osi perform on the field?</P>

How many sacks did Osi have last year?</P>

How many Super Bowls has he helped the Giants win?</P>

Is Tollefson still on the team?</P>

Has Tuck had injury problems?</P>

Any other free agent All-Pro DE's out there to replace him?</P>

</P>

Take those questions, and then weigh them against Osi's negatives......yes, the *****ing and moaning about the contract is getting old.</P>

But Osi has put in his time, and has played at a very high level when healthy....I think he's earned some additional patience from fans and the front office.</P>

Like I said before, it would be nice if he and Reese could keep this in house.</P>

</P>

buffyblue
05-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Osi is injury prone and does play the run well.* He is over valuing himself.

Osi does NOT stop the run well you lying creep punk.

Diamondring
05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Look, I like Osi and he is one good DE but hey, you have other guys who are able to get to the qb too and Ois is not the big reason either.

As a matter of fact, they could be the reason why he had the chance to do good things on the field. JPP and Tuck are good on their own and all of them when on the field work as a unit.

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 12:03 PM

</P>

</P>

Right now, after two years, JPP is one of the top 5 defensive players in the game.</P>

I'd be willing to bet that if you polled every DC in the league and they had one defensive player to choose from to build a defense around, JPP would finish first.</P>

</P>

Ugh... well yeah. JPP is 22 years old, Osi is 30. Its a no brainer you take JPP to start a team off. Plus JPP is still on his rookie contract for 3 more years (Or less if he gets the contract he deserves). JPP is a beast. Just quit all the hating on Osi. Without Osi, we win ZERO superbowls IMO. And Osi was the backup last year to JPP because he was injured and we are looking to develop JPP faster to replace Osi when he is gone. Osi had 12.5 sacks in 13 games last year. He looked great in the playoffs too. Saved us vs GB. </P>

Ultimately, I feel JPP will be the best defensive player we have had since LT. He will one day surpass Strahan too if he stays healthy and continues on his pace.</P>

Drez
05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
all i am gonna say on this matter... we are in a passing first league 4k is the bench mark now anything less than that is pedestrian,

you need pass rushers, so this Osi is only a situational pass rusher, YES ****ING PLEASE!!! i'll take that over a run stopper. someone who can strip sack QB's get us the ball back with hopefully short yardage.

we run a rotating DE system so this osi is not a starter non-sense is quickly dispelled by fewell earlier in the season when he said "we rotate our DE's so their all starters."

this is a business and it works both way, each side is cut throat and more players than Osi has expressed this, back when ray lewis the best ILB next to LT had contract disputes he went public with it and said this is the rough side of the business; frankly i don't know when it started that organization cap numbers, players salary and all that became public to the fans but that to me was the end of just loving the sport and the players. now fans just ***** and moan just as much as the players that are complaining. i wish numbers never got into it people are arguing over money that doesn't affect them...smfh

i don't care about the contract who's right who's wrong anymore, talking gets you no where on this board besides internet tough guys, emo-insults and non giants loyalty claims ( go back to being a jets fan ) " real original."

Stay Angry my friends.

And if you think that Osi is worth $10m/yr or think he's handling this properly then there's just no helping you.

Drez
05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Does Osi beat his wife?....skip out on child support payments? fail drug test? drive hammered?....beat the **** out of people?...get caught with guns?</p>

Does Osi perform on the field?</p>

How many sacks did Osi have last year?</p>

How many Super Bowls has he helped the Giants win?</p>

Is Tollefson still on the team?</p>

Has Tuck had injury problems?</p>

Any other free agent All-Pro DE's out there to replace him?</p>

</p>

Take those questions, and then weigh them against Osi's negatives......yes, the *****ing and moaning about the contract is getting old.</p>

But Osi has put in his time, and has played at a very high level when healthy....I think he's earned some additional patience from fans and the front office.</p>

Like I said before, it would be nice if he and Reese could keep this in house.</p>

</p>
Patience? The dude has been *****ing about his contract since 2008. It's been 4 years. How much patience should we have?

Reese would have said nothing if Osi never started the salvo's in the media. How many other player's contracts do you see him talking about unprompted? There's your answer.

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 12:19 PM

Stay Angry my friends.

And if you think that Osi is worth $10m/yr or think he's handling this properly then there's just no helping you.
</P>

Unfortunately he isn't, and he isn't. </P>

But if you think Osi won't be a huge loss to our defense, then there is no helping you. </P>

Morehead State
05-01-2012, 12:26 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Ugh... well yeah. JPP is 22 years old, Osi is 30. Its a no brainer you take JPP to start a team off. Plus JPP is still on his rookie contract for 3 more years (Or less if he gets the contract he deserves). JPP is a beast. Just quit all the hating on Osi. Without Osi, we win ZERO superbowls IMO. And Osi was the backup last year to JPP because he was injured and we are looking to develop JPP faster to replace Osi when he is gone. Osi had 12.5 sacks in 13 games last year. He looked great in the playoffs too. Saved us vs GB. </P>

Ultimately, I feel JPP will be the best defensive player we have had since LT. He will one day surpass Strahan too if he stays healthy and continues on his pace.</P>

</P>

JPP was fourth in the NFL defensive MVP voting. </P>

JPP beat Osi out because JPP was simply better. (And Osi is always hurt)</P>

You may have missed it but JPP has ALREADY replaced Osi.</P>

</P>

And as far as the "we wouldn't have won any SB's if not for Osi" argument, you may or may not be right. Quite honestly Osi's presence on the field moved JPP out of position. But assuming you're correct, its still a completely moot point. The question is not should Osi have benn on the team last year or in 2007. The question is ...should Osi be on our team from here on? What will his contribution be in 2012 and beyond? Can we allocate our cap resources in better ways to help our team?</P>

The Osi situation is strictly about the future, not the past. He's already been paid for what he already did.</P>

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 12:34 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

And as far as the "we wouldn't have won any SB's if not for Osi" argument, you may or may not be right. Quite honestly Osi's presence on the field moved JPP out of position. But assuming you're correct, its still a completely moot point. The question is not should Osi have benn on the team last year or in 2007. The question is ...should Osi be on our team from here on? What will his contribution be in 2012 and beyond? Can we allocate our cap resources in better ways to help our team?</P>

The Osi situation is strictly about the future, not the past. He's already been paid for what he already did.</P>

</P>

I don't agree with signing Osi to another contract, but he isn't going to get Trent Cole $$ from anyone. Unfortunately Reese and Osi hate each other. There is no way around it, and it is effecting the business side of things. Osi wants out, and willbe out. I'm hoping we keep him one more year, especially after not drafting a DE this season. We need to keep our strength, pass rushers, stocked with quality depth. </P>

But I do agree that Osi is not worth what he is demanding right now and I easily would get JPP in no matter what. But I feel many here are forgetting how vital Osi's presence is on the DLine.</P>

Morehead State
05-01-2012, 12:39 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I don't agree with signing Osi to another contract, but he isn't going to get Trent Cole $$ from anyone. Unfortunately Reese and Osi hate each other. There is no way around it, and it is effecting the business side of things. Osi wants out, and willbe out. I'm hoping we keep him one more year, especially after not drafting a DE this season. We need to keep our strength, pass rushers, stocked with quality depth. </P>

But I do agree that Osi is not worth what he is demanding right now and I easily would get JPP in no matter what. But I feel many here are forgetting how vital Osi's presence is on the DLine.</P>

</P>

I don't think the feelings between Osi and JR are relevant at all. Its all about the interests they represents.</P>

Osi wants out because his role is limited in NY. He's been relegated to a pass rush specialist and he hates that. He figures his best chance for a new contract is to be a starting DE, which he would undoubtedly be on many or most other teams.</P>

So he's making a stink to force a trade. Problem is that his whining and unreasonable demands have made him less attractive to other teams.</P>

It seems we are stuck with this guy and all his antics. He's his own worst enemy and he's making an enemy of his own team.</P>

Yes....2012 will be fun on the Osi front.....What a dope!</P>

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 12:42 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I don't think the feelings between Osi and JR are relevant at all. Its all about the interests they represents.</P>

Osi wants out because his role is limited in NY. He's been relegated to a pass rush specialist and he hates that. He figures his best chance for a new contract is to be a starting DE, which he would undoubtedly be on many or most other teams.</P>

So he's making a stink to force a trade. Problem is that his whining and unreasonable demands have made him less attractive to other teams.</P>

It seems we are stuck with this guy and all his antics. He's his own worst enemy and he's making an enemy of his own team.</P>

</P>

So what would be different this year then the past 4 years? :-)</P>

Drez
05-01-2012, 12:49 PM
But if you think Osi won't be a huge loss to our defense, then there is no helping you. </p>

Which is why I've never said that. It would be a huge loss, and honestly if the FO can't get more than a 2nd+ in picks or players it'd be worth trying to get him to play this year.

The only thing is, is the relationship between Osi and JR too fractured at this point to make that happen?

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 01:08 PM
But if you think Osi won't be a huge loss to our defense, then there is no helping you. </p>

Which is why I've never said that. It would be a huge loss, and honestly if the FO can't get more than a 2nd+ in picks or players it'd be worth trying to get him to play this year.

The only thing is, is the relationship between Osi and JR too fractured at this point to make that happen?

We are assuming things about the "relationship" that we don't know. I can understand why some might say Osi hates Reese because of the things he's said and done. But why would Reese hate Osi?

This is the business side of the game and it can get ugly.

One point; the organization doesn't need to "get him to play this year" since he's still under contract which means he's required to play.

Mohann
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
For an oft injured, part-time player (last year) who can't/won't play the run (benched 2 years ago), &amp; clubhouse malcontent. I just can't see giving you a raise Mr Osi, when frankly speaking I'm kicking myself for giving you a 4 year contract instead of 3 years &amp; having to go through this once again@ the start of a new season. The way I see it, you're the last of the team cancers, NONE of whom have been missed by the way, Mr Barber, Mr Burress, Mr Shockey, &amp; Mr Jacobs..." Grab your lunch pail &amp; don't let the door hit you in the a__ on the way out Mr Osi....Management"

Amen. Even if they're loved in the clubhouse their bad for the organization. Time wasted crying or dealing with the crying could be better spent on other things. Negative people drain from positive people. The only two Giants I've seen that weren't replaceable were Eli and LT. BTW Kiwi is a better pass rusher than people give him credit for. The drop off from Osi to him Isn't as big as people like to cry it is. And JPP is already a better pass rusher than Osi. His 16.5 sacks last year were better than Osi's best year by 2.

Morehead State
05-01-2012, 01:58 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Last year of his contract. Osi is more desperate than ever.</P>

Its coming to a head this year.</P>

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 02:12 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Well, to me, that means he is going to go all out. Play for his final contract. If he has a huge year, like 16-18 sacks and many forced fumbles, he would get a HUGE deal from someone. If he sticks his tail between his legs, he looks selfish and losses millions by the game. I dont see a trade happening though since we couldnt pull the trigger during the draft. </P>

Morehead State
05-01-2012, 02:20 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT size=4>Well, to me, that means he is going to go all out</FONT>. Play for his final contract. If he has a huge year, like 16-18 sacks and many forced fumbles, he would get a HUGE deal from someone. If he sticks his tail between his legs, he looks selfish and losses millions by the game. I dont see a trade happening though since we couldnt pull the trigger during the draft. </P>
Keep telling yourself that.

Mohann
05-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Tuck, he's never had more than 14.5 sacks in a year, but this year he'll get 16 to 18? Has he been giving less than 100% for his whole career but now will play all out?

Morehead State
05-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Tuck, he's never had more than 14.5 sacks in a year, but this year he'll get 16 to 18? Has he been giving less than 100% for his whole career but now will play all out?
</P>

I think he knows that even if he has a great season, his stock falls because he's 1 year older and still injury prone. He knows he would be lucky given his history that he would get through this season without injury.</P>

No...I believe Osi sees his best chance as a trade before this season. I think he's prepared to make life very difficult for everyone until that happens.</P>

You can forget the "he'll play very hard" fantasy.</P>

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Osi, you need to realize that because of your age and injury history, you won't be paid the money you want. It doesn't work like that. I, as many fans, would like you to either play out your contract and move on in 2013 or come to grips that NO ONE is going to pay you that kind of money. You could have another 13 sack season in 2012 but that will not get you more than a contract worth $7 mil/year, it not only $6 mil/yr. You could finish your career with something on the order of 4 years $27 mil and live quite comfortably. It pains us all to see some of you players pining about the multi-millions you believe you are worth when all us fans want are guys that want to just go out and play great football, and it is becoming all too clear that you are about the money! Don't you think that YOU do look like a greedy pig??? Seriously dude, get real! We all would love to be in a position of control when it comes to our income. Thousands of your fans (Yes, Osi fans) could possibly not even have a job yet read about how you would turn down $5+ million guarranteed. Come on man!!!</p>

He will never get that from our beloved team. The reality is that every play Osi is on the field is a play where our best defensive player (JPP) plays out of position.</p>

Osi is barely worth the $4MM+ he's getting this year.</p>

Its time to move on from Osi.</p>

</p>

Completely but respectfullydisagree. Osi is our best pass rusher and most disruptive DE when talking pressure and QB sacks and strips WHEN HE IS ON THE FIELD. Osi makes others around him better. JPP can one day surpass him, but as of right now, no way. There is a reason our defense got much much better when Osi came back from injury.</p>

</p>

Right now, after two years, JPP is one of the top 5 defensive players in the game.</p>

I'd be willing to bet that if you polled every DC in the league and they had one defensive player to choose from to build a defense around, JPP would finish first.</p>

Osi is a back up to JPP don't forget. </p>

</p>

Ugh... well yeah. JPP is 22 years old, Osi is 30. Its a no brainer you take JPP to start a team off. Plus JPP is still on his rookie contract for 3 more years (Or less if he gets the contract he deserves). JPP is a beast. Just quit all the hating on Osi. Without Osi, we win ZERO superbowls IMO. And Osi was the backup last year to JPP because he was injured and we are looking to develop JPP faster to replace Osi when he is gone. Osi had 12.5 sacks in 13 games last year. He looked great in the playoffs too. Saved us vs GB. </p>

Ultimately, I feel JPP will be the best defensive player we have had since LT. He will one day surpass Strahan too if he stays healthy and continues on his pace.</p>

</p>

JPP was fourth in the NFL defensive MVP voting. </p>

JPP beat Osi out because JPP was simply better. (And Osi is always hurt)</p>

You may have missed it but JPP has ALREADY replaced Osi.</p>

</p>

And as far as the "we wouldn't have won any SB's if not for Osi" argument, you may or may not be right. Quite honestly Osi's presence on the field moved JPP out of position. But assuming you're correct, its still a completely moot point. The question is not should Osi have benn on the team last year or in 2007. The question is ...should Osi be on our team from here on? What will his contribution be in 2012 and beyond? Can we allocate our cap resources in better ways to help our team?</p>

The Osi situation is strictly about the future, not the past. He's already been paid for what he already did.</p>

</p>

I don't agree with signing Osi to another contract, but he isn't going to get Trent Cole $$ from anyone. Unfortunately Reese and Osi hate each other. There is no way around it, and it is effecting the business side of things. Osi wants out, and willbe out. I'm hoping we keep him one more year, especially after not drafting a DE this season. We need to keep our strength, pass rushers, stocked with quality depth. </p>

But I do agree that Osi is not worth what he is demanding right now and I easily would get JPP in no matter what. But I feel many here are forgetting how vital Osi's presence is on the DLine.</p>

</p>

I don't think the feelings between Osi and JR are relevant at all. Its all about the interests they represents.</p>

Osi wants out because his role is limited in NY. He's been relegated to a pass rush specialist and he hates that. He figures his best chance for a new contract is to be a starting DE, which he would undoubtedly be on many or most other teams.</p>

So he's making a stink to force a trade. Problem is that his whining and unreasonable demands have made him less attractive to other teams.</p>

It seems we are stuck with this guy and all his antics. He's his own worst enemy and he's making an enemy of his own team.</p>

Yes....2012 will be fun on the Osi front.....What a dope!</p>

</p>

So what would be different this year then the past 4 years? :-)</p>

</p>

Last year of his contract. Osi is more desperate than ever.</p>

Its coming to a head this year.</p>

</p>

Well, to me, that means he is going to go all out. Play for his final contract. If he has a huge year, like 16-18 sacks and many forced fumbles, he would get a HUGE deal from someone. If he sticks his tail between his legs, he looks selfish and losses millions by the game. I dont see a trade happening though since we couldnt pull the trigger during the draft. </p>

If he decides to hold out, which he has said is a possibility, how will be be "going all out"? I don't like the term "cancer" but to think his antics don't affect the team is to be naive. There are players who will agree with Osi and players who don't and we likely will never know about any of that as TC hates when locker room activity is made public.

Last year Antrel Rolle had finally had enough of players not practicing for games and he went public. As much as that eventually was seen as a positive event, TC hated that it went public.

Redeyejedi
05-01-2012, 02:55 PM

I agree with Canty.Osi is a better pass rusher then both of them right now. Osi has always been a better pass rusher then Tuck. and JPP even though he has the sack numbers had less pressures. Most of his sacks were 4-5 second sacks do to effort. Tuck and JPP are better players overall but not better pure pass rushers

radar-ray
05-01-2012, 02:56 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Well, to me, that means he is going to go all out. Play for his final contract. If he has a huge year, like 16-18 sacks and many forced fumbles, he would get a HUGE deal from someone. If he sticks his tail between his legs, he looks selfish and losses millions by the game. I dont see a trade happening though since we couldnt pull the trigger during the draft. </P>

If he decides to hold out, which he has said is a possibility, how will be be "going all out"? I don't like the term "cancer" but to think his antics don't affect the team is to be naive. There are players who will agree with Osi and players who don't and we likely will never know about any of that as TC hates when locker room activity is made public.

Last year Antrel Rolle had finally had enough of players not practicing for games and he went public. As much as that eventually was seen as a positive event, TC hated that it went public.
Tuck means "all out" whenOsi plays during the season. Nobody is dumb enough not to try to excel in their contract year and maximize their value.

hungrrrry
05-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Make no mistake...I don't think Osi is in decline. I think he has a good 4 years ahead of him!..I want as many top-rated pass-rushers as possible on this team. I just don't think we can accomodate him with a new contract...of any value honestly with Kiwi signing. I think Reese is content with the chance of a comp pick after his last year and just let him walk.

...But the pissing and moaning is getting old!

I want players focused from here through the 2012 season, on improving and being in top shape for the season, not this bull****!

Morehead State

I agree with Canty.Osi is a better pass rusher then both of them right now. Osi has always been a better pass rusher then Tuck. and JPP even though he has the sack numbers had less pressures. Most of his sacks were 4-5 second sacks do to effort. Tuck and JPP are better players overall but not better pure pass rushers</P>

Must have been nice last year to have Tuck and JPP on the field for most of the game, grinding it out play in and play out, and be able to run out on the filed with a clean uniform and fresh legs and do essentially nothing but rush the passer.</P>

I have no idea what Osi is complaining about.</P>

RoanokeFan
Osi, you need to realize that because of your age and injury history, you won't be paid the money you want. It doesn't work like that. I, as many fans, would like you to either play out your contract and move on in 2013 or come to grips that NO ONE is going to pay you that kind of money. You could have another 13 sack season in 2012 but that will not get you more than a contract worth $7 mil/year, it not only $6 mil/yr. You could finish your career with something on the order of 4 years $27 mil and live quite comfortably. It pains us all to see some of you players pining about the multi-millions you believe you are worth when all us fans want are guys that want to just go out and play great football, and it is becoming all too clear that you are about the money! Don't you think that YOU do look like a greedy pig??? Seriously dude, get real! We all would love to be in a position of control when it comes to our income. Thousands of your fans (Yes, Osi fans) could possibly not even have a job yet read about how you would turn down $5+ million guarranteed. Come on man!!!</p>

He will never get that from our beloved team. The reality is that every play Osi is on the field is a play where our best defensive player (JPP) plays out of position.</p>

Osi is barely worth the $4MM+ he's getting this year.</p>

Its time to move on from Osi.</p>

</p>

Completely but respectfullydisagree. Osi is our best pass rusher and most disruptive DE when talking pressure and QB sacks and strips WHEN HE IS ON THE FIELD. Osi makes others around him better. JPP can one day surpass him, but as of right now, no way. There is a reason our defense got much much better when Osi came back from injury.</p>

</p>

Right now, after two years, JPP is one of the top 5 defensive players in the game.</p>

I'd be willing to bet that if you polled every DC in the league and they had one defensive player to choose from to build a defense around, JPP would finish first.</p>

Osi is a back up to JPP don't forget. </p>

</p>

Ugh... well yeah. JPP is 22 years old, Osi is 30. Its a no brainer you take JPP to start a team off. Plus JPP is still on his rookie contract for 3 more years (Or less if he gets the contract he deserves). JPP is a beast. Just quit all the hating on Osi. Without Osi, we win ZERO superbowls IMO. And Osi was the backup last year to JPP because he was injured and we are looking to develop JPP faster to replace Osi when he is gone. Osi had 12.5 sacks in 13 games last year. He looked great in the playoffs too. Saved us vs GB. </p>

Ultimately, I feel JPP will be the best defensive player we have had since LT. He will one day surpass Strahan too if he stays healthy and continues on his pace.</p>

</p>

JPP was fourth in the NFL defensive MVP voting. </p>

JPP beat Osi out because JPP was simply better. (And Osi is always hurt)</p>

You may have missed it but JPP has ALREADY replaced Osi.</p>

</p>

And as far as the "we wouldn't have won any SB's if not for Osi" argument, you may or may not be right. Quite honestly Osi's presence on the field moved JPP out of position. But assuming you're correct, its still a completely moot point. The question is not should Osi have benn on the team last year or in 2007. The question is ...should Osi be on our team from here on? What will his contribution be in 2012 and beyond? Can we allocate our cap resources in better ways to help our team?</p>

The Osi situation is strictly about the future, not the past. He's already been paid for what he already did.</p>

</p>

I don't agree with signing Osi to another contract, but he isn't going to get Trent Cole $$ from anyone. Unfortunately Reese and Osi hate each other. There is no way around it, and it is effecting the business side of things. Osi wants out, and willbe out. I'm hoping we keep him one more year, especially after not drafting a DE this season. We need to keep our strength, pass rushers, stocked with quality depth. </p>

But I do agree that Osi is not worth what he is demanding right now and I easily would get JPP in no matter what. But I feel many here are forgetting how vital Osi's presence is on the DLine.</p>

</p>

I don't think the feelings between Osi and JR are relevant at all. Its all about the interests they represents.</p>

Osi wants out because his role is limited in NY. He's been relegated to a pass rush specialist and he hates that. He figures his best chance for a new contract is to be a starting DE, which he would undoubtedly be on many or most other teams.</p>

So he's making a stink to force a trade. Problem is that his whining and unreasonable demands have made him less attractive to other teams.</p>

It seems we are stuck with this guy and all his antics. He's his own worst enemy and he's making an enemy of his own team.</p>

Yes....2012 will be fun on the Osi front.....What a dope!</p>

</p>

So what would be different this year then the past 4 years? :-)</p>

</p>

Last year of his contract. Osi is more desperate than ever.</p>

Its coming to a head this year.</p>

</p>

Well, to me, that means he is going to go all out. Play for his final contract. If he has a huge year, like 16-18 sacks and many forced fumbles, he would get a HUGE deal from someone. If he sticks his tail between his legs, he looks selfish and losses millions by the game. I dont see a trade happening though since we couldnt pull the trigger during the draft. </p>

Tuck means "all out" whenOsi plays during the season. Nobody is dumb enough not to try to excel in their contract year and maximize their value.

That, my learned friend, remains to be seen.

BJacobs aka The Problem
05-01-2012, 03:00 PM

I agree with Canty.Osi is a better pass rusher then both of them right now. Osi has always been a better pass rusher then Tuck. and JPP even though he has the sack numbers had less pressures. Most of his sacks were 4-5 second sacks do to effort. Tuck and JPP are better players overall but not better pure pass rushers

Osi is hands down the best pass rusher on the team, that should never be disputed, but unfortunately, there are other situations besides 3rd and long that he does not play well at. He is not great against the run which means he needs to come out in running situations. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to understand that you don't pay top dollar for a player that only plays in specific situations.

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 03:07 PM

I agree with Canty.Osi is a better pass rusher then both of them right now. Osi has always been a better pass rusher then Tuck. and JPP even though he has the sack numbers had less pressures. <font color="#0000FF">Most of his sacks were 4-5 second sacks do to effort.</font> Tuck and JPP are better players overall but not better pure pass rushers

Should we cut those in half then? I always thought a sack was a sack.

Mohann
05-01-2012, 03:21 PM

Most of his sacks were 4-5 seconds? Really? Got a link? And the pressures numbers you got where?

JMFP2
05-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Osi is a totally disruptive player.....he's the best strip/sack artist in the entire ****ing NFL.</P>

LMAO at how some people think he's garbage because he's complaining about his contract.</P>

Looks like Jerry Reese is taking things in stride. Some people on this board are acting like Osi took a dump on their front porch.</P>

radar-ray
05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Osi is a totally disruptive player.....he's the best strip/sack artist in the entire ****ing NFL.</P>

LMAO at how some people think he's garbage because he's complaining about his contract.</P>

Looks like Jerry Reese is taking things in stride. Some people on this board are acting like Osi took a dump on their front porch.</P>Ha, that was well said.

Morehead State
05-01-2012, 03:58 PM

Looks like Jerry Reese is taking things in stride. Some people on this board are acting like Osi took a dump on their front porch.</P>

Ha, that was well said.</P>

And now we get to Osi's personal habits.......</P>

JMFP2
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM

</P>

He's got the habits of a champ....</P>

http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/osiwins.jpg</P>

</P>

Morehead State
05-01-2012, 05:14 PM

</P>

He's got the habits of a champ....</P>

http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/osiwins.jpg</P>

</P>

</P>

You must not know what I'm talking about.</P>

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 06:10 PM
</P>

I think he knows that even if he has a great season, his stock falls because he's 1 year older and still injury prone. He knows he would be lucky given his history that he would get through this season without injury.</P>

No...I believe Osi sees his best chance as a trade before this season. I think he's prepared to make life very difficult for everyone until that happens.</P>

You can forget the "he'll play very hard" fantasy.</P>

</P>

Why do you think players excell in contract years then?</P>

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Honestly, this thread is tired and old. Im retiring myself from it and the other 1000 negative Osi articles floating around on this site. RF, I love your posts and you do a ton of work, but please, refrain from making anymore of those Osi threads. They all end the same. Can we group them all together or something?</P>

Im ready to move on. Osi is a beast, like him or not. Dumb comments or not. Ego or not. Maybe he should of did Subway with Tuck and Stray.</P>

Diamondring
05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Honestly, this thread is tired and old. Im retiring myself from it and the other 1000 negative Osi articles floating around on this site. RF, I love your posts and you do a ton of work, but please, refrain from making anymore of those Osi threads. They all end the same. Can we group them all together or something?</P>

Im ready to move on. Osi is a beast, like him or not. Dumb comments or not. Ego or not. Maybe he should of did Subway with Tuck and Stray.</P>Osi is not worth a lot of money and we have other two players that help him out so Osi doesn't deserve to get a big contract until he can beat to blockers occasionally. No other team is not going after Osi right now so what that tells ya.

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 06:42 PM

Im ready to move on. Osi is a beast, like him or not. Dumb comments or not. Ego or not. Maybe he should of did Subway with Tuck and Stray.</P>

Osi is not worth a lot of money and we have other two players that help him out so Osi doesn't deserve to get a big contract until he can beat to blockers occasionally. No other team is not going after Osi right now so what that tells ya.</P>

If I had 2 first round draft picks, and needed a pass rusher, and thought I was a solid pass rusher away (Patriots), I would of given it up in a heart beat. Even the Browns or Jags trying to bolster their teams should of given up a 2nd for him. He is a big name that can exite a fan base. He could have 10+ sacks for your team, 5-6 forced fumbles.</P>

</P>

foxie
05-01-2012, 06:44 PM
My biggest fear..."The Nuke Option", Make no mistake, this is one MAD &amp; disgruntled player, who feels Reese just poured salt on an open wound with a "promise" of more....... I just hope he doesn't.'after failure to report to camp, he finally comes in, fines forgiven &amp; lo &amp; behold we have a sudden injury, that Osi decides for elective surgery to finally fix that nagging, shoulder, knee, ankle,....... fill in the blank &amp; until its 100% ( should be around dec 15th) come back &amp; play gang busters for the few final season games, meaningless-who cares or SB/playoff run even better to show next prospective team "he's still got it &amp; ready to go gang busters next season". In the mean time fellow team mates....Remember Haynesworth getting sent home to sit by the skins-we are paying any way, just get the heck away. Haynesworth's was a public fight &amp; so is this one.....speculation-of course, but ask your self-is this REPEAT pre-season festering situation getting better, or worse........

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Honestly, this thread is tired and old. Im retiring myself from it and the other 1000 negative Osi articles floating around on this site. RF, I love your posts and you do a ton of work, but please, refrain from making anymore of those Osi threads. They all end the same. Can we group them all together or something?</p>

Im ready to move on. Osi is a beast, like him or not. Dumb comments or not. Ego or not. Maybe he should of did Subway with Tuck and Stray.</p>

I'm going to say this one more time. WHAT I POST ARE NEWS ARTICLES. The fact you like Osi and consider them negative is not my problem. I do the same thing with any newsworthy information. You will be hard pressed to find an actual thread that I started.

I can give you, and perhaps others, some advice. Don't read threads (news articles) I post. Everyone has the choice.

And, oh by the way, I didn't initiate THIS THREAD.

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 06:47 PM

I'm going to say this one more time. WHAT I POST ARE NEWS ARTICLES. The fact you like Osi and consider them negative is not my problem. I do the same thing with any newsworthy information. You will be hard pressed to find an actual that I started.

I can give you, and perhaps others, some advice. Don't read threads (news articles) I post. Everyone has the choice.
</P>

Not trying to bash you man. I know you do a lot of work for this site. Its just, it sucks when every morning I open this message board and there are 5 new Osi crys this and Osi says that threads. But you do have the right so be it, but you are posting repetitive articles on him right now.</P>

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Honestly, this thread is tired and old. Im retiring myself from it and the other 1000 negative Osi articles floating around on this site. RF, I love your posts and you do a ton of work, but please, refrain from making anymore of those Osi threads. They all end the same. Can we group them all together or something?</p>

Im ready to move on. Osi is a beast, like him or not. Dumb comments or not. Ego or not. Maybe he should of did Subway with Tuck and Stray.</p>

I'm going to say this one more time. WHAT I POST ARE NEWS ARTICLES. The fact you like Osi and consider them negative is not my problem. I do the same thing with any newsworthy information. You will be hard pressed to find an actual that I started.

</p>

Not trying to bash you man. I know you do a lot of work for this site. Its just, it sucks when every morning I open this message board and there are 5 new Osi crys this and Osi says that threads. But you do have the right so be it, but you are posting repetitive articles on him right now.</p>

I DID NOT INITIATE THIS THREAD

scoopscj
05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
<font color="#FF0000">It's all your fault Ronoakefan. Sheesh, you should know this. You are responsible for all the negative posters and the arguing. Partly to blame is the Easter Bunny, Christopher Walken (don't ask), and just a little bit of the ghost of Al Davis. You, however, hold the most blame. You should be ashamed of yourself.</font> *Red font just in case you didn't know. heh.

That is all.

Scoops

Redeyejedi
05-01-2012, 06:53 PM

Most of his sacks were 4-5 seconds? Really? Got a link? And the pressures numbers you got where?
I know t I saw a whole season breakdown but here is this from 9 games

http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/landing?blockID=592378&feedID=10192

1 Aldon Smith SF 337 64 15.36
2 Trent Cole PHI 355 67 14.93
3 Antwan Barnes SD 266 45 13.72
4 Jason Babin PHI 401 67 13.65
5 James Harrison PIT 235 40 13.62
6 Chris Long SL 483 83 13.56
7 Carlos Dunlap CIN 278 47 13.13
8 DeMarcus Ware DAL 450 71 12.94
9 Cameron Wake MIA 488 81 12.91
10 John Abraham ATL 343 54 12.54
11 Brian Orakpo WAS 383 59 12.21
12 Von Miller DEN 389 59 12.15
13 Mark Anderson NE 310 45 11.85
14 Clay Matthews GB 453 66 11.26
15 Osi Umenyiora NYG 241 33 11.20
16 Tamba Hali KC 435 61 11.15
17 Kamerion Wimbley OAK 430 59 10.58
18 Chris Clemons SEA 501 66 10.48
19 Julius Peppers CHI 537 70 10.34
20 Ryan Kerrigan WAS 439 57 10.25

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/26/2011-pass-rushing-productivity-edge-rushers/

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 06:59 PM
<font color="#FF0000">It's all your fault Ronoakefan. Sheesh, you should know this. You are responsible for all the negative posters and the arguing. Partly to blame is the Easter Bunny, Christopher Walken (don't ask), and just a little bit of the ghost of Al Davis. You, however, hold the most blame. You should be ashamed of yourself.</font> *Red font just in case you didn't know. heh.

That is all.

Scoops

I have called the rectory to see if I can have an emergency reconciliation

swimeasy
05-01-2012, 07:14 PM

That is all.

Scoops

I have called the rectory to see if I can have an emergency reconciliation

LOL, touche Ro! Thanks for all you do. [:)]

Morehead State
05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Last year we had Eli to argue about. This year its Osi.</P>

For God's sake we need something. The last thing we want is for the Osi situation to work itself out.</P>

What would we talk about.....the weather?</P>

</P>

We need perpetual threads where we all stake out our positions and find new and more creative ways to say the exact same thing over and over agian until the season starts.</P>

<FONT size=4>God I love the Giants Message Board!!!</FONT></P>

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Last year we had Eli to argue about. This year its Osi.</p>

For God's sake we need something. The last thing we want is for the Osi situation to work itself out.</p>

What would we talk about.....the weather?</p>

</p>

We need perpetual threads where we all stake out our positions and find new and more creative ways to say the exact same thing over and over agian until the season starts.</p>

<font size="4">God I love the Giants Message Board!!!</font></p>

This is Cruz's fault. If he would have just demanded and held out we could at least broaden our horizons. And that DAMN SNEAK Kiwanuka, accepting an extension we didn't know anything about.

jomo
05-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Last year we had Eli to argue about.* This year its Osi.</p>

For God's sake we need something.* The last thing we want is for the Osi situation to work itself out.</p>

*</p>

We need perpetual threads where we all stake out our positions and find new and more creative ways to say the exact same thing over and over agian until the season starts.</p>

This is Cruz's fault.* If he would have just demanded and held out we could at least broaden our horizons.* And that DAMN SNEAK Kiwanuka, accepting an extension we didn't know anything about.
Do you know of a better way to bridge the gap from May to September?

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Last year we had Eli to argue about. This year its Osi.</p>

For God's sake we need something. The last thing we want is for the Osi situation to work itself out.</p>

</p>

This is Cruz's fault. If he would have just demanded and held out we could at least broaden our horizons. And that DAMN SNEAK Kiwanuka, accepting an extension we didn't know anything about.
Do you know of a better way to bridge the gap from May to September?

Yes, but my wife gets those sudden onset headaches [;)]

scoopscj
05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
http://beauty-video-tutorial.com/img/8f/8f3/The_Matrix_Agent_Smith_Speech.jpg

The first football Matrix was designed as a utopia, engineered to make
every Giant's fan happy.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.305888%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JIlwhUxc1HA/0.jpg

"It was a disaster. People wouldn't
accept the program and "entire crops were lost." "Some believed that we lacked the programming language to describe
your perfect football team. But I believe that, as a species, human beings
define their reality through misery and suffering.

At least that's my theory anyway.

Scoops

Mohann
05-01-2012, 08:13 PM

I know t I saw a whole season breakdown but here is this from 9 games

http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/landing?blockID=592378&amp;feedID=10192

1 Aldon Smith SF 337 64 15.36
2 Trent Cole PHI 355 67 14.93
3 Antwan Barnes SD 266 45 13.72
4 Jason Babin PHI 401 67 13.65
5 James Harrison PIT 235 40 13.62
6 Chris Long SL 483 83 13.56
7 Carlos Dunlap CIN 278 47 13.13
8 DeMarcus Ware DAL 450 71 12.94
9 Cameron Wake MIA 488 81 12.91
10 John Abraham ATL 343 54 12.54
11 Brian Orakpo WAS 383 59 12.21
12 Von Miller DEN 389 59 12.15
13 Mark Anderson NE 310 45 11.85
14 Clay Matthews GB 453 66 11.26
15 Osi Umenyiora NYG 241 33 11.20
16 Tamba Hali KC 435 61 11.15
17 Kamerion Wimbley OAK 430 59 10.58
18 Chris Clemons SEA 501 66 10.48
19 Julius Peppers CHI 537 70 10.34
20 Ryan Kerrigan WAS 439 57 10.25

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/26/2011-pass-rushing-productivity-edge-rushers/

the first link is meaningless to the argument because it doesn't time Osi's sacks or any other players sack, or even JPP's whole year. And according to the second link, Osi isn't even close to a top 5 pass rusher, let alone a top 5 DE, and shouldn't be paid as one.

B&RWarrior
05-01-2012, 08:18 PM

every Giant's fan happy.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.305888%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg**************** http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JIlwhUxc1HA/0.jpg

*"It was a disaster. People wouldn't
accept the program and "entire crops were lost." "Some believed that we lacked the programming language to describe

At least that's my theory anyway.*

Scoops

<font color="lime">Best post of the year!</font>

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 08:22 PM

every Giant's fan happy.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.305888%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JIlwhUxc1HA/0.jpg

"It was a disaster. People wouldn't

At least that's my theory anyway.

Scoops

Who could argue with that?