PDA

View Full Version : With Goff signing a 3yr deal with the redskins

miked1958
04-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Does that weaken our LBing Corps seeing we didn't draft any LBs? I don't remember if any of the UDFA signings included any.

miked1958
04-30-2012, 09:03 PM
I know we still have Boley. Williams seems like he is developing into a good one. Mark didn't play a lot due to injury. Jones was more effective on STs then LB. chase is a gamer. Do you see us trying to pick up anyone else or was JR happy with what we had and not willg to give a guy big money coming off that type injury so didn't bother re signing him, expendable just like MM, BJ, AR

miked1958
04-30-2012, 09:04 PM
But the redskins of all teams.

nygfan0816
kiwi, boley, and jwill are all good OLB

blackburn, herzlich, jones, rivers. 1 of them will fill MLB. im goin with herzlich.

we are fine at LB

Axels15
Also Rivers

miked1958
04-30-2012, 09:06 PM
kiwi, boley, and jwill are all good OLB

blackburn, herzlich, jones, rivers. 1 of them will fill MLB. im goin with herzlich.

we are fine at LBWow we resign kiwi to 3 yr Ext and I forgot him in my post. Lol

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 09:23 PM
We won a Super Bowl without him... I would say he is far from a main contribution to this team.

JJC7301
04-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I just cannot see how Goff is a big loss at all. Nothing against the guy, but the 'skins can have him.

I'm not saying that Chase is the ideal starter, but he's better than Goff, IMO, and I'm eager to see Herz and Jones develop.

If need be, we can probably pick up a veteran who will be released during training camp who will be as average a MLB as Goff.

BlueBlitzer
04-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I knew signing Rivers sealed Goffs fate.

miked1958
04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
I just cannot see how Goff is a big loss at all. Nothing against the guy, but the 'skins can have him.

I'm not saying that Chase is the ideal starter, but he's better than Goff, IMO, and I'm eager to see Herz and Jones develop.

If need be, we can probably pick up a veteran who will be released during training camp who will be as average a MLB as Goff.
Going to have to agree with all of you on this

miked1958
04-30-2012, 09:53 PM
What about Sintum. I would say he gets released

JJC7301
04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
What about Sintum. I would say he gets released
Yes, please do. I would say that he's the Sinorice Moss of Giants' linebackers, but that would incredibly be slanderous against Moss.

NYG4lifeNYK
04-30-2012, 10:00 PM
We did not need Goff.

We are STACKED.

Boley, Jacquian Williams, Kiwi, Herzlich, Rivers, Blackburn, Paysinger, Jones, Tracy.........................Sintim

That's 9, 10 if you count Sintim. Camp competition for LBers and CB's is going to be CRAZY competitive.

myles2424
04-30-2012, 10:19 PM
We did not need Goff.

We are STACKED.

Boley, Jacquian Williams, Kiwi, Herzlich, Rivers, Blackburn, Paysinger, Jones, Tracy.........................Sintim

That's 9, 10 if you count Sintim. Camp competition for LBers and CB's is going to be CRAZY competitive.

We've been "stacked" at LB for years now, yet we always end up with average LBs.....
Boley won't be around forever, Williams & then kiwi......other than that we don't have a LB on the team that has shown a damn thing....

JJC7301
04-30-2012, 10:29 PM
We did not need Goff.

We are STACKED.

We've been "stacked" at LB for years now, yet we always end up with average LBs.....
Boley won't be around forever, Williams & then kiwi......other than that we don't have a LB on the team that has shown a damn thing....
We focus our talent at the d-line and secondary. I used to scream for LBs, but I think our corp is good enough now. With Kiwi, Boley, and Blackburn starting and with J. Williams backing up, I'm also expecting either Herz, Paysinger, or Jones to improve and contribute. And Rivers won't hurt for this year either.

We're fine for now and looking solid enough at the LB corp to build on for the next few years. One really good pick over the next 2 years could really transform this unit.

gmen0820
04-30-2012, 10:30 PM
We did not need Goff.

We are STACKED.

Boley won't be around forever, Williams & then kiwi......other than that we don't have a LB on the team that has shown a damn thing....You love yourself some LBers...holy hell lol

NYG4lifeNYK
04-30-2012, 10:30 PM
We did not need Goff.

We are STACKED.

It takes time for players to learn the game and develop man.

No we haven't been stacked at LB for years. Last year was the first time in a LONG while we had any type of promising talent at LB. I don't know what you're talking about when you make that statement lol... this is the first time in what seems like forever we have some promise in the LB corps.

Drez
04-30-2012, 10:53 PM
I know we still have Boley. Williams seems like he is developing into a good one. Mark didn't play a lot due to injury. Jones was more effective on STs then LB. chase is a gamer. Do you see us trying to pick up anyone else or was JR happy with what we had and not willg to give a guy big money coming off that type injury so didn't bother re signing him, expendable just like MM, BJ, AR
We also traded for Rivers.

THEGUNITGAME
04-30-2012, 10:58 PM
I.expect adrian tracy to b a household name for g men. From the little I seen, barring injury he looks like a giant lb. around the ball every play n in on tackles. Said it here first!

gmen0820
04-30-2012, 11:02 PM
I.expect adrian tracy to b a household name for g men. From the little I seen, barring injury he looks like a giant lb. around the ball every play n in on tackles. Said it here first!Yeah he could be effective in Kiwi's joker role.

BTW, where is your location? (JK)

THEGUNITGAME
04-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Brooklyn

jhamburg
04-30-2012, 11:30 PM
We did not need Goff.

We are STACKED.

So we have 3 good LBs with a defense that usually has 2 on the field...what is the problem exactly?

And that's even if you want to assume that Rivers will be a bust signing.

Flip Empty
04-30-2012, 11:50 PM
We did not need Goff.

We are STACKED.

You mention three quality starters and then drop "but other than that we've got nothing"? I don't see where the reason to panic is.

JMFP2
04-30-2012, 11:51 PM
We did not need Goff.

We are STACKED.

We've been "stacked" at LB for years now, yet we always end up with average LBs..... Boley won't be around forever, Williams &amp; then kiwi......other than that we don't have a LB on the team that has shown a damn thing.... So we have 3 good LBs with a defense that usually has 2 on the field...what is the problem exactly? And that's even if you want to assume that Rivers will be a bust signing.</P>

Agreed.....I like our LBs alot more in 2012 than 2011. One more year for Herzlich, Jones, JW, and Paysinger to improve. Blackburn is great for depth. Rivers should compete for a spot.</P>

This is going to be a solid, deep unit, with guys that can finally run.</P>

jomo
04-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Does that weaken our LBing Corps seeing we didn't draft any LBs? I don't remember if any of the UDFA signings included any.??????????????????????</P>

Three years ago, Goff hardly saw the field.</P>

Two years ago, Goff was no better than an average NFL LB..</P>

Last year, Goff didn't play.</P>

This year, Goff is returning from major knee surgery.</P>

We have a stable full of young LB's who were rookies last year and can only get better.</P>

Our veterans are not old or injured.</P>

In the off season, we signed a quality veteral LB.</P>

You really want an answer to your question or is it just rhetorical?</P>

SweetZombieJesus
05-01-2012, 03:03 AM
There's only two of them on the field most of the time anyway...

Drez
05-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Does that weaken our LBing Corps seeing we didn't draft any LBs? I don't remember if any of the UDFA signings included any.??????????????????????</p>

Three years ago, Goff hardly saw the field.</p>

Two years ago, Goff was no better than an average NFL LB..</p>

Last year, Goff didn't play.</p>

This year, Goff is returning from major knee surgery.</p>

We have a stable full of young LB's who were rookies last year and can only get better.</p>

Our veterans are not old or injured.</p>

In the off season, we signed a quality veteral LB.</p>

You really want an answer to your question or is it just rhetorical?</p>
To be fair, Jomo, the year before last Goff was one of the best LBs against the run in the league. He was suspect against the pass, though.

jomo
05-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Does that weaken our LBing Corps seeing we didn't draft any LBs? I don't remember if any of the UDFA signings included any.??????????????????????</P>

Three years ago, Goff hardly saw the field.</P>

Two years ago, Goff was no better than an average NFL LB..</P>

Last year, Goff didn't play.</P>

This year, Goff is returning from major knee surgery.</P>

We have a stable full of young LB's who were rookies last year and can only get better.</P>

Our veterans are not old or injured.</P>

In the off season, we signed a quality veteral LB.</P>

You really want an answer to your question or is it just rhetorical?</P>
To be fair, Jomo, the year before last Goff was one of the best LBs against the run in the league. He was suspect against the pass, though.
Yeah I overstated it a bit to make my point which is: we won a Super Bowl without the guy and have a telented young bunch of guys with real upside. Of all the things to be concerned about, I don't think this is one of them. (and I am a guy who always calls for upgrade at LB, I just don't think Goff's departure is any kind of a problem)

Coach Carter
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
I.expect adrian tracy to b a household name for g men. From the little I seen, barring injury he looks like a giant lb. around the ball every play n in on tackles. Said it here first!

I agree, I like the kid.

lawl
05-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Can't have a stud at every position. Out of every position on defense, it makes the most sense for our linebackers to be the weakest

B&RWarrior
05-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Of course we'll miss Goff. Look how bad we did w/o him last year. [:)]

GIANTfaninFL
05-01-2012, 08:13 PM
I think this LB corp is the most talented we've had in a little while.

Boley, Kiwi, Blackburn, Williams and Rivers will all compete for starting roles.

Herz and Jones are solid backups and ST guys.

Tracy/Sintim as hybrid LB/DE guys.

I think we'll be just fine.

Now, if we could trade Osi and move Kiwi back, I'd be even happier :)

JJC7301
05-01-2012, 11:07 PM
I think this LB corp is the most talented we've had in a little while.

Boley, Kiwi, Blackburn, Williams and Rivers will all compete for starting roles.

Herz and Jones are solid backups and ST guys.

Tracy/Sintim as hybrid LB/DE guys.

I think we'll be just fine.

Now, if we could trade Osi and move Kiwi back, I'd be even happier :)
+1. They have the potential to be something a little special, but at the very worst they'll at least contribute, which is something that hasn't happened over the past few years with our LB corp.

Rat_bastich
05-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I would like to see Tracy go full time DE. I think he might be able to be a solid addition there and provide some depth behind the old guys...or guy since JPP is the other besides Tuck.

MarkNYG10
05-02-2012, 02:37 AM
Did Rivers play MLB at USC?

giantsfan420
05-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Did Rivers play MLB at USC?
i dont believe so. think it was maluluga or one of the other USC LB's that got drafted

DelawareGiants
05-02-2012, 08:33 AM
With Goff signing with the Redskins- the only thing we need to worry about is changing the audibles at the lines of scrimmage. Both offense and Defense.