PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering .

G-Men Surg.
04-30-2012, 09:33 PM
With Big Blue actual DE situation, Tolly flew away to the Raiders, we all know the contributions he made playing in the Nascar D-line all this years, we didn't drafted a DE early or late for depth and if Osi decides to holds out (remains to be seen ) aside from Kiwi playing LB, theres only Tuck and JPP with no proven backups behind them. I don't know if Trattou still on board but even if he is we suddently could be very thin at DE. Don't know if I'm overreacting but what do you guys think about our DE situation ?

Drez
04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
With Big Blue actual DE situation, Tolly flew away to the Raiders, we all know the contributions he made playing in the Nascar D-line all this years, we didn't drafted a DE early or late for depth and if Osi decides to holds out (remains to be seen ) aside from Kiwi playing LB, theres only Tuck and JPP with no proven backups behind them. I don't know if Trattou still on board but even if he is we suddently could be very thin at DE. Don't know if I'm overreacting but what do you guys think about our DE situation ?
Trattou is still on board, and I'd imagine he's the reason we let Tolly go. Granted he wouldn't be much of a pass rushing threat, but I think Canty could play some DE, too (he did play there in Dallas, albeit in a 34). Of course that'd be contingent upon Austin and Rogers being able to hold down the DT spot opposite of LJ.

I'm sure JR has something up his sleeve. I don't think he wouldn't have drafted a DE if he thought the Osi situation was going to get out of hand or have some other plan.

slipknottin
04-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Tolly was actually quite ineffective as a pass rusher.

Kiwi did not play much DE.

I think Kiwi could take all of Tolly's snaps and the pas rush may actually improve because of that.

gmen0820
04-30-2012, 09:46 PM

I think Kiwi could take all of Tolly's snaps and the pas rush may actually improve because of that.This, Tolly was one of the most overrated Giants on this board.

Drez
04-30-2012, 09:51 PM

I think Kiwi could take all of Tolly's snaps and the pas rush may actually improve because of that.
True. Kind of forgot about Kiwi. (Don't ask me how).

G-Men Surg.
04-30-2012, 09:54 PM

I think Kiwi could take all of Tolly's snaps and the pas rush may actually improve because of that.This, Tolly was one of the most overrated Giants on this board.
Agree but still was a proven veteran and although he wasn't a top rushing DE he was solid as a backup. As Osi mention this will get interesting.

myles2424
05-01-2012, 04:08 AM

True. Kind of forgot about Kiwi. (Don't ask me how).

How?

Mercury
05-01-2012, 08:40 AM
I don't understand why we have to belittle players after they leave. Tolly was a fabulous backup. He played great on STs. He has a high motor and while our others were resting, Tolly was making the guy opposite him suck wind.

Plus, he had what? 6 sacks on the season? That is not "no pressure." That is pretty good for the limited time he got on the field.

He was our fourth best DE, (Kiwi is a LBer), and we were a better football team with Tolly than without him.

Drez
05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't understand why we have to belittle players after they leave. Tolly was a fabulous backup. He played great on STs. He has a high motor and while our others were resting, Tolly was making the guy opposite him suck wind.

Plus, he had what? 6 sacks on the season? That is not "no pressure." That is pretty good for the limited time he got on the field.

He was our fourth best DE, (Kiwi is a LBer), and we were a better football team with Tolly than without him.

How is calling a player overrated belittling him, particularly if it's true? Tolly had 5 sacks on the season, and I want to say 3 or 4 of them came in the first month of the season. And if you're calling him our 4th best DE, then you're also calling him our worst DE, as we only carried 4 full time DEs on the active roster.

I like Tolly and wish he could have stayed, but he is definitely a replaceable part. We'll have to wait to see what Trattou and any of our other DEs do before proclaiming that we're a better team with him, though.

G-Men Surg.
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Ralph Vacchiano
@TheBlueScreen
If the Giants trade Osi, who replaces him? The pick they'd get would be in 2013. Dave Tollefson is gone. So who's the third DE then? #NYG
Ralph Vacchiano
@TheBlueScreen
It doesn't seem to help the 2012 Giants any to trade Osi Umenyiora now unless they get a top DE back or he becomes a Shockey-like problem.

Obviously at this point the GIANTS don't want Osi out.
That been said aside from Osi's saga possibly continuing all thru out the offseason I'm still worried about that empty spot left behind by Tolly.