PDA

View Full Version : T2: "I jumped 48in today 7months post surgery"

NYG4lifeNYK
05-01-2012, 04:20 AM
<h2><span class="js-stream-title">Tweets</span>
</h2>

<div class="stream js-stream-manager-container">
<div class="js-stream-manager" id="profile-stream-manager"><div class="stream-container"><div data-component-term="stream" class="stream"><div class="stream-item">

</div><div class="stream-item">

</div>

<div class="js-stream-items stream-items" id="stream-items-id"><div media="true" class="js-stream-item stream-item stream-item expanding-stream-item" data-item-id="197088358592290817" data-item-type="tweet">

<div class="tweet original-tweet js-stream-tweet js-actionable-tweet js-hover js-profile-popup-actionable js-original-tweet colored-links colored-actions" data-tweet-id="197088358592290817" data-item-id="197088358592290817" data-retweet-id="197099891170877440" data-screen-name="TerrellThomas24" data-user-id="106592374" data-is-reply-to="">

<div class="content">
<div class="stream-item-header">
<small class="time">
<span class="_timestamp js-short-timestamp " data-time="1335824501000" data-long-form="true">8h</span> (https://twitter.com/#%21/TerrellThomas24/status/197088358592290817)
</small>
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/TerrellThomas24" data-user-id="106592374">
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1880473859/TerrellThomas24_normal.jpg
<strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id">Terrell Thomas[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>TerrellThomas24</span>
</a>

</div>
<p class="js-tweet-text">BREAKING NEWS: I jumped 48in today 7months post surgery...back to you Jim! <s>#</s>NYG (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23NYG) <s>#</s>G2Sx2 (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23G2Sx2)</p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

nygfan0816
05-01-2012, 04:39 AM
great news.

really excited bout 2ndary this year.

websters always great, prince should get better, t2 looks to be healing good, hosley could be good. not to mention rolle and kp are a great saftey team. hope sash could come along also.

embeshAtYa
05-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

VegasGmen
05-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Great tweet! T2 is the ****ing man! One of my favorite Giants.

jomo
05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Great tweet! T2 is the ****ing man! One of my favorite Giants.He is a great guy and we're all pulling for a complete recovery AND the eventual payday he has earned.

Shockeyitus
05-01-2012, 11:26 AM
That sounds awesome and freaks me out!!

On one hand great for the CB position....

On the other hand.... you're 7months post surgery, please dont re-injure that knee.

Spizi
05-01-2012, 01:04 PM
As much as people don't want to believe this, T2 is vastly overrated. Add that to the fact that he has a surgically repaired knee and you're looking at a guy that can't truly be counted on. Good thing Reese picke Prince and Hosepy because otherwise we would be in some real trouble.

Tommy_Ribs
05-01-2012, 01:17 PM
As much as people don't want to believe this, T2 is vastly overrated. Add that to the fact that he has a surgically repaired knee and you're looking at a guy that can't truly be counted on. Good thing Reese picke Prince and Hosepy because otherwise we would be in some real trouble.

T2 is not over rated as a football player. He is a good corner.

Now re his knee, he has actually had the injury twice (Once at USC) and if he injures it again, well let's just say that there isn't anyone whop has ever been able to play again after having it tear for a third time, so I am concerned about it as well.

rondayneblows
05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
It's not that many people "don't want to" believe that. Most people trust the Giants, and the Giants clearly think he's a very good player. The fact that he makes interceptions and tackles supplements that.

I'm not sure how you've determined with certainty that a CB is vastly overrated, you'd have to know about his assignments on every play to make an educated assessment of his overall play.

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 01:24 PM
As much as people don't want to believe this, T2 is vastly overrated. Add that to the fact that he has a surgically repaired knee and you're looking at a guy that can't truly be counted on. Good thing Reese picke Prince and Hosepy because otherwise we would be in some real trouble.</P>

I actually agree with this. Never was really impressed with his stats. His high tackle count was due to him getting thrown at because QBs picked on him over CWeb. His INT stat was glorified by the fact 3 of his 6 INTS in 2010 were tipped up and he happen to be there. He can't cover deep. He can't out jump tall WRs. </P>

He isn't the worst CB but he certainly is over hyped here. I'm hoping Prince makes strides this season and is our #2.</P>

Also, dont forget Reese created a brilliant contract. T2 is basically signed for one year -one million. After that, he gets his bonus money and full contract. The Hosley pick could let the Giants release T2 after this season without paying him the mega bucks. </P>

B&RWarrior
05-01-2012, 01:32 PM
T2 will help our run support and ensure good plays don't become great plays for the opposing offense. He plays good coverage on short routes and some intermediate routes. A good 3rd CB and an average #2 with above average tackling skills.

His MO doesn't change too much after the ACL because he never had the speed to cover deep routes.

Spizi
05-01-2012, 01:36 PM
It's not that many people "don't want to" believe that. Most people trust the Giants, and the Giants clearly think he's a very good player. The fact that he makes interceptions and tackles supplements that.

I'm not sure how you've determined with certainty that a CB is vastly overrated, you'd have to know about his assignments on every play to make an educated assessment of his overall play.

I've heard announcers say he's the best corner on the team lol. FAR from the truth. And regarding knowing his assignment... when he is in man coverage and gets burned I know his assignment. Some poster put up a video of all his burned plays and let's say it was quite a long video.

juice33s
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
hmmm, he jumped 30.5 at the combine in the vert so I'm guessing this wasn't a vert jump because that would be an astronomical improvement/number to achieve period, More likely it was a box jump (knees bent).

Either way it sounds like his rehab is coming along nicely and he should be close to 100% for the opener

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
hmmm, he jumped 30.5 at the combine in the vert so I'm guessing this wasn't a vert jump because that would be an astronomical improvement/number to achieve period, More likely it was a box jump (knees bent).

Either way it sounds like his rehab is coming along nicely and he should be close to 100% for the opener
</P>

Great news. Hope he is ready to bring his A game.</P>

Tommy_Ribs
05-01-2012, 01:40 PM

I was thinking about that too - if he has a 48" vertical the Knicks need to sign him right away. He'll dunk every time down the floor!

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Great tweet! T2 is the ****ing man! One of my favorite Giants.He is a great guy and we're all pulling for a complete recovery AND the eventual payday he has earned.

+1

gmen0820
05-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Cowboys 2010 vs Giants..second meeting.

T2 clearly has no skills in jumping.

Neverend
05-01-2012, 02:06 PM
As much as people don't want to believe this, T2 is vastly overrated. Add that to the fact that he has a surgically repaired knee and you're looking at a guy that can't truly be counted on. Good thing Reese picke Prince and Hosepy because otherwise we would be in some real trouble.</P>

I actually agree with this. Never was really impressed with his stats. His high tackle count was due to him getting thrown at because QBs picked on him over CWeb. His INT stat was glorified by the fact 3 of his 6 INTS in 2010 were tipped up and he happen to be there. He can't cover deep. He can't out jump tall WRs. </P>

He isn't the worst CB but he certainly is over hyped here. I'm hoping Prince makes strides this season and is our #2.</P>

Also, dont forget Reese created a brilliant contract. T2 is basically signed for one year -one million. After that, he gets his bonus money and full contract. The Hosley pick could let the Giants release T2 after this season without paying him the mega bucks. </P>

Add me in here as well. T2 is a nice player but not an overly great cover guy, nor our best CB.

He also never had a great vertical on the field either

JJC7301
05-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Looking forward to having TT back.

giantsfan420
05-02-2012, 02:06 AM
cant wait to see him take over the role grant gave us. as a perimeter corner, he's good. great tackler...

but as that 3rd hybrid safety, his lack of elite speed won't hurt him. his tackling ability will be huge. he has the ability to be a ball hawk if he can put himself in position. he can blitz...he'll be way more versatile than grant was and grant was a great player for us

DaDiesel
05-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Cowboys 2010 vs Giants..second meeting. T2 clearly has no skills in jumping.</P>

He jumped 48inches.....Not all at once</P>

JMFP2
05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I think T2 is a very good corner.</P>

Then again, I thought Aaron Ross was a good CB, and some people on this board had him down as a 2nd coming of Elvis Patterson.</P>

Axels15
05-03-2012, 08:28 PM

You looking only at stats is exactly why you can't completely analyze TT

miked1958
05-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Hope he makes a full recovery with no setbacks

hugehomer
05-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Thomas must live on fantasy island. NO way he has 48" vertical. Maybe in his dreams

nYg24
05-05-2012, 11:38 AM

I've heard announcers say he's the best corner on the team lol. FAR from the truth. And regarding knowing his assignment... when he is in man coverage and gets burned I know his assignment. Some poster put up a video of all his burned plays and let's say it was quite a long video.

Most analysts and announcers consider him our best corner. Idk if I agree with that, who knows how good he could of been last year though. He's a great tackler and a pretty good cover guy.