PDA

View Full Version : Opening Night Becomes a Bit More Intriguing

RonJon
05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
The Cowboys have reveamped their secondary with the additons of Brandon Carr, a shutdown corner and now top pick Morris Claiborne. Should be an interesting how they match up against Nicks and Cruz on Opening night. Also, Cowboys made a big mistake letting WR Laurent Robinson get away. He was emerging as a great deep threat

VegasGmen
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Pfttt! Just the normal appetizer leading into our entree.

Shockeyitus
05-01-2012, 10:35 AM
This will be a great matchup!!

Cruz vs. Carr... Carr opened his mouth after signing with the girls.

LB corp.. this will be the first chance to show the Giants FO that they can get the job done. Rivers and Herzlich especially.

Dont be surprised to see Hakeem Nicks bust out 8-10 grabs with 1-2 TD's. Cruz will be covered by Nicks and Claiborne may be assigned to Randle, due to familiarity. Nicks should be able to dominate whoever he lines up against.

Prince needs to take Miles Austin out of the game. I think CWeb will be lined up against Bryant and T2 will be rotating in with Prince to get his feet under him. Prince needs to make a splash.

smashndash715
05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
i hope cruz isnt covered by nicks lol

nygsb42champs
05-01-2012, 11:22 AM
It can not get here fast enough.

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Carr Claiborne vs Nicks Cruz. The big difference, we have Eli. Dont forget, Martellus Bennett playing against a team he is very familiar with.

Toadofsteel
05-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Carr Claiborne vs Nicks Cruz. The big difference, we have Eli. Dont forget, Martellus Bennett playing against a team he is very familiar with.

Even with Carr and Claiborne, Nicks and Cruz are going to have to be double covered to truly be shut down. Which of course opens up room for Randle, Bennett, Robinson, and possibly even Hynoski for one of his epic hurdles...

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Carr Claiborne vs Nicks Cruz. The big difference, we have Eli. Dont forget, Martellus Bennett playing against a team he is very familiar with. Even with Carr and Claiborne, Nicks and Cruz are going to have to be double covered to truly be shut down. Which of course opens up room for Randle, Bennett, Robinson, and possibly even Hynoski for one of his epic hurdles...</P>

H2 hurdle? The Bear huddle? Or J-Balls Hurdle?</P>

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9U0hKkCPLfhHkfmGx6YwudgahV5tcx 8C937P7KIhcAGEnj377http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ0zm8iqwq9vrp8-xY_twIcl2U1dk0Yrp-5QA909bpvgkFbEq1ewhttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOLkCQnUrjtUFbKekJJHQOArd-rF_Pwb19XMFyy6ZVORw6I7cn</P>

</P>

OX1
05-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Carr Claiborne vs Nicks Cruz. The big difference, we have Eli. Dont forget, Martellus Bennett playing against a team he is very familiar with. Even with Carr and Claiborne, Nicks and Cruz are going to have to be double covered to truly be shut down. Which of course opens up room for Randle, Bennett, Robinson, and possibly even Hynoski for one of his epic hurdles...</P>

Don't forget Wilson, couple of nice endzonegrabs that might make some of our receivers jealous. </P>

</P>

scoopscj
05-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Don't forget, there is still plenty of time to pull hammy's and tear acl's in preseason and camp so we'll probably start Barden and a rookie along with one of our starting DB's and LB's out with injuries.

Seriously I'm not normally this pessimistic but the last few years have been pretty horrific with injuries.

Let's hope for the best.

Scoops

Firenugget
05-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Not really..It's a div game, it'll be a hard fought battle regardless.

Roswell777
05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
As psyched as I am for NYG vs Dal, it's hockey season in my house right now.

NewYorkSwagg
05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Hosley will need to be out there on the field somewhere utilize this guy ball hawking skills. Put him in the game so he can help get INT's he might be the best cover corner we have.

TuckYou
05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
As psyched as I am for NYG vs Dal, it's hockey season in my house right now.</P>

Rangers need to step it up. And the Knicks need to win just one damn game for this season to be successfull. Pathetic, yes. </P>

Ntegrase96
05-01-2012, 09:19 PM
The Cowboys have reveamped their secondary with the additons of Brandon Carr, a shutdown corner and now top pick Morris Claiborne. Should be an interesting how they match up against Nicks and Cruz on Opening night. Also, Cowboys made a big mistake letting WR Laurent Robinson get away. He was emerging as a great deep threat

Would have loved to kept Robinson, but it was a business decision. Couldn't afford to keep him-- especially with the money that teams were willing to give him.

The secondary has been revamped in more ways than just adding Carr and Claiborne. If Jenkins stays and isn't traded away, all the flinching aside, he's actually a pretty good corner when he's healthy-- which he wasn't last year. Scandrick is a hell of a slot corner (just can't play the outside very well), and we picked up Brodney Poole who had his best season under Rob Ryan's defense. Is he great? No. Not a complete safety, but he's a much better cover safety than Abram Elam was last year.

And the biggest improvement? Firing secondary coach Dave Camp.

The secondary was atrocious for the Cowboys last year. Especially once Newman just ran out of juice.