PDA

View Full Version : Eli is elite will not be promode by espn98.7fm

alau53
05-01-2012, 02:28 PM
that's because Eli will not be on the michael kay show this season..not Eli's decision but its coming from above like John Mara..espn turned to Cruz to do a weekly spot but he said he's not allowed to be on the Jets radio network..this is very petty by the Gmen who i did not think would stoop so low..its not fair to Cruz who could use the xtra bucks as he's a minimum salaried NFL player

BlueBlooded1979
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
This version of Giants ownership seems petty and spiteful. I could never see Wellington and Preston doing this or engaging in comments like John did with the Jets and Cowboys this offseason.
I miss the class and dignity that the old school brought.

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 02:43 PM
This "version" is responding to the jets covering our title trophies and using a hit on Eli as the cover for their game plan when we played them in the regular season. Sometimes you just have to say ENOUGH!

Bing Crosby
05-01-2012, 02:48 PM
This "version" is responding to the jets covering our title trophies and using a hit on Eli as the cover for their game plan when we played them in the regular season. Sometimes you just have to say ENOUGH!

In general I may agree RF, but if we are really going to be the classy guys of NY we should be above this. Especially when it comes to Cruz, if I was the owners I'd be letting him do whatever he could to make some extra green, of course so long as it doesn't tarnish the image of the G-Men and I don't think this does.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
05-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't see anything wrong with not having your 2x SB MVP not doing a weekly spot on the Jets flagship station.

However he better atleast be doing a spot for WFAN.

Drez
05-01-2012, 03:35 PM

In general I may agree RF, but if we are really going to be the classy guys of NY we should be above this. Especially when it comes to Cruz, if I was the owners I'd be letting him do whatever he could to make some extra green, of course so long as it doesn't tarnish the image of the G-Men and I don't think this does.

If the Jets are making residual income off of Giants appearing on the ESPN 98.7, then screw them. As RF said, sometimes you just have to say enough. Turning the other cheek doesn't mean taking it up the ***, either.

Harooni
05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
pat hanlon

Drez
05-01-2012, 03:49 PM
This version of Giants ownership seems petty and spiteful. I could never see Wellington and Preston doing this or engaging in comments like John did with the Jets and Cowboys this offseason.
I miss the class and dignity that the old school brought.
That's because Wellington didn't really have to deal with Double **** and then Rex Ryan on top of that.

Seducer
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
that's because Eli will not be on the michael kay show this season..not Eli's decision but its coming from above like John Mara..espn turned to Cruz to do a weekly spot but he said he's not allowed to be on the Jets radio network..this is very petty by the Gmen who i did not think would stoop so low..its not fair to Cruz who could use the xtra bucks as he's a minimum salaried NFL player</P>

I'm pretty sure Cruz has picked up plenty of deals else where.</P>

gmen0820
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't listen to sports radio?

Bing Crosby
05-01-2012, 04:46 PM
If the Jets are making residual income off of
Giants appearing on the ESPN 98.7, then screw them. As RF said,
sometimes you just have to say enough. Turning the other cheek doesn't
mean taking it up the ***, either.

Your crying in the
rain kid. Vic making extra cash on the side doesn't mean the Giants
organization is taking it up the ***. Put down the whiskey and pick up
some Prozac.

I'm pretty sure Cruz has picked up plenty of deals else where.

With what he gives the team, and what he's getting paid now we should
be allowing him to pick up any side lettuce that he wants with his main
course, so long as it doesn't make the Giants organization look like a
punch of putz. And sorry but I don't see one of our players being on
Jets Radio suddenly turning us into the Saints.</p>

NFCEastBeast
05-01-2012, 04:49 PM
yes probably. haha. i haven't heard any real music on the radio for years now. dont know what life would be without sports radio. whats music like nowadays anyway? cant remember hearing any songs other than on commercials since tupac died. guess i just live a sheltered sports centered life. lol.

Pierre-Paul
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I hardly think this makes the owners petty. John Mara is awesome! Plain and simple. I don't see the Mets sending their star players to do a weekly show on YES... oh wait.. bad example. But you get my point. If they had a star player, I don't think they would go to YES to do a TV Show.
If you want to hear Eli tune into that a.m. station. If you want to hear Rex, go with that f.m. one. Seems pretty simple.

Drez
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
If the Jets are making residual income off of
Giants appearing on the ESPN 98.7, then screw them. As RF said,
sometimes you just have to say enough. Turning the other cheek doesn't
mean taking it up the ***, either.

Your crying in the
rain kid. Vic making extra cash on the side doesn't mean the Giants
organization is taking it up the ***. Put down the whiskey and pick up
some Prozac.

If after all the disrespect the Jets have shown us, why should management do anything to allow the Jets extra income?

SweetZombieJesus
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I do think the move is kind of petty, but if it adds up to creating a true radio home for the Giants where this content and more lives, go for it.

NYC needs a dedicated Giant/Yankee friendly sports talk station.

Bing Crosby
05-01-2012, 08:18 PM
If after all the disrespect the Jets have shown us, why should management do anything to allow the Jets extra income?

After all the respect and hard work Cruz has given us, why should management deny him some extra income on the side? Because it may make some Jets some money? So basically because the Jet's were disrespectful bunters towards us, we should punish a guy who is making much less then he is worth atm?

Mara and Tish shouldn't let their anger towards Johnson cloud their judgement with regards to there players, especially a guy like Cruz. Let the kid do a few spots and take home a few extra pieces of lettuce.

But SZJ is right about if this brings about a Giants station thank God and God Bless. Fact is though it seems rigged from that start that that isn't going to happen, but I'm not what you'd call a super optimist either. I could be wrong I suppose.

Drez
05-01-2012, 11:38 PM

After all the respect and hard work Cruz has given us, why should management deny him some extra income on the side? Because it may make some Jets some money? So basically because the Jet's were disrespectful bunters towards us, we should punish a guy who is making much less then he is worth atm?

Mara and Tish shouldn't let their anger towards Johnson cloud their judgement with regards to there players, especially a guy like Cruz. Let the kid do a few spots and take home a few extra pieces of lettuce.

But SZJ is right about if this brings about a Giants station thank God and God Bless. Fact is though it seems rigged from that start that that isn't going to happen, but I'm not what you'd call a super optimist either. I could be wrong I suppose.

I guess you can't see the forest for the trees.

Bing Crosby
05-02-2012, 01:24 AM
I guess you can't see the forest for the trees.

Yeah yeah kid and your looking at the city so hard you can't see the Empire State Building. You want to keep hating over the Jets and worrying that Cruz could make a few extra bucks on the side so be it.

GCGiant
05-02-2012, 06:37 AM
I could see Cruz picking up some extra bucks by teaching salsa lessons, or endorsing some company that makes salsa in "NEW YORK CITY???"

Bing Crosby
05-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I could see Cruz picking up some extra bucks by teaching salsa lessons, or endorsing some company that makes salsa in "NEW YORK CITY???"

I'm honestly surprised that hasn't happened yet. I could see one of their competitors using Cruz as their spokesman and him saying something like "Who says New York doesn't know anything about salsa?"

NYDestroyer
05-02-2012, 11:24 PM
He is not going to look so Elite behind the Giants weak O-Line this season LOL.

Drez
05-02-2012, 11:52 PM
He is not going to look so Elite behind the Giants weak O-Line this season LOL.

Our OL can't be any weaker next season than it was this past season. He didn't look too shabby then, did he?