PDA

View Full Version : 6'4" 267 lbs, 82 3/4 inch wingspan, runs a 4.5, 39 1/2 inch vertical

NYG4lifeNYK
05-01-2012, 03:58 PM
<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Once again...... those numbers are......

<font size="4">6'4" 267 lbs, 82 3/4 inch wingspan, runs a 4.5, 39 1/2 inch vertical

</font><font size="3">
Those are the correct numbers on Adrien Robinson [:O]

Yes I have a man crush brewing...... deal with it [:)]

He may be my favorite draft pick this year......</font><font size="4"><font size="3"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font></font><font size="4"><font size="3"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font>
</font></span>

nygpolishpunk
05-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I believe he had less than 20 receptions in his entire college career. Lets see what he does on the field first.

nygpolishpunk
05-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Where's that Jonas Seawright thread when you need it?? :)

titwio
05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I believe he had less than 20 receptions in his entire college career. Lets see what he does on the field first.

I heard he was only targeted 12 times last season but all 12 were completed receptions with 3 TD's :o

swimeasy
05-01-2012, 04:16 PM
<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><font size="4">6'4" 267 lbs, 82 3/4 inch wingspan, runs a 4.5, 39 1/2 inch vertical</font></span>

JPP: 6'5" 270 lbs, 81 inch wingspan, runs 4.67 30 1/2 inch vertical

LOL, I can see one of the reasons JR was reminded of JPP. He was also asked about his receiving ability and stated they were satisfied with what they saw.

Brady thought throwing past JPP was like throwing into a forest. Here comes another mighty Oak. [:P]

Shockeyitus
05-01-2012, 04:21 PM

I heard he got the highest score in Wii Fit... sitting down.

gmen0820
05-01-2012, 04:23 PM
What did Mike Pope do to the Giants that they make him earn his pay check year after year after year? lol

I really hope this kid turns his measurables into production.

Kruunch
05-01-2012, 04:24 PM
He's the promise of world peace until he actually materializes.

Definition of a "reach" however, since he had a UFDA draft grade.

Kruunch
05-01-2012, 04:24 PM
What did Mike Pope do to the Giants that they make him earn his pay check year after year after year? lol

Srsly

NYG4lifeNYK
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Lol, I would think that Pope is salivating at the opportunity to mold this kid into something special

Mercury
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
This guy would not have been an UDFA. From what I understand there were a lot of team interested in him. I think JR snapped him up at the end of the fourth round, knowing he wasn't going to be there at the bottom of the sixth.

Mercury
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Though I wasn't in the war room, I suspect it was their plan all along to take him at the bottom of the fourth. They wanted this guy, pure and simple. He fits their mold for TE, or perhaps breaks their mold wide open with huge athleticism.

Hooligans
05-01-2012, 05:00 PM
<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Once again...... those numbers are......

<font size="4">6'4" 267 lbs, 82 3/4 inch wingspan, runs a 4.5, 39 1/2 inch vertical

</font><font size="3">

He may be my favorite draft pick this year......</font><font size="4"><font size="3"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font></font><font size="4"><font size="3"><span style="font-weight: bold;"></span></font>
</font></span>

Those numbers are nice but mean absolutely nothing on a football field, remember Vernon Gholston? The REAL question is whether he is a good football player.

DVision
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM

There are a bunch of pro bowl caliber UDFA in the league. We currently have 1 on our team, and have had others in the past (O'Hara, Seubert, etc..) . Draft grades are not an exact science and are often overrated.

NYSPORTS
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Maybe he can play DE too?

swimeasy
05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Looks like he was a WR who was converted to a blocking TE as a soph:

<span id="story-title">Operation WR to TE a Success</span>

<table><tbody><tr><td class="primaryimage" valign="top">http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/54/543570.jpg

</td>
<td nowrap="nowrap" width="3">
</td>
<td valign="top">

<div>
<table bgcolor="#f5f5f5" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="60%">
<tbody><tr valign="top">
<td nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">

<div class="storybyline" style="font-size:13px">By <a>Sam Elliott</a></div>
<div class="storybyline" style="font-size:11px">Bearcat Insider Staff
Posted May 3, 2008</div>
</td>
<td nowrap="nowrap"><div class="authorimage">
</div></td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>
</div>

<div class="storydeck"><span id="story-deck">After playing tight
end now for an entire spring, former wide receiver Adrien Robinson is
happy with where he stands- next to his team’s offensive linemen.
Originally skeptical of the move, Robinson has grown to become a fan of
his involvement in the Bearcat’s offense. We caught up with the red
shirt freshman following Bearcat Bowl II, a game in which he took his
lone reception for 27 yards.</span></div></td></tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3">

<span class="storybody"><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">“I didn’t like it at first because I thought it would be a lot of blocking, and I wanted to run routes, so I didn’t like it.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>But now that I’ve gotten into it I kind of like it.”</font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">That was Robinson on April 16th, just “kind of” liking his new job as a tight end.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It
must have grown on him, because at the end of the spring ball season,
Robinson spoke of his position at tight end with a smile on his face.</font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">“I like it a lot now,” said Robinson.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>“I like it a lot more; I’m getting more involved with the offense.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I like whatever’s going to get me in the game so I can get some catches and make plays.”</font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Head coach Brian Kelly (http://cincinnati.scout.com/a.z?s=341&amp;p=8&amp;c=1&amp;nid=3681707) obviously likes what he sees in Robinson.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The depth of the Bearcats wide receiving core provided a challenge for getting Indianapolis native on the field, and Kelly realized the more Robinson can see the field, the better.</font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">“What we’re looking at is how we can get him more reps in our entire package.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It’s pretty clear that if we just left him at wide receiver he’d be in and out of the game,” said Kelly shortly after the move.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>“It just makes sense for us to get him more work at that (tight end) position.”</font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">“I like Adrien Robinson (http://cincinnati.scout.com/a.z?s=341&amp;p=8&amp;c=1&amp;nid=3688401),” added the coach.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>“I think he’s going to help us a lot.”</font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">A member of the winning black team during Bearcat Bowl II, Robinson was able to take a Demetrius Jones (http://cincinnati.scout.com/a.z?s=341&amp;p=8&amp;c=1&amp;nid=3605692) pass 27 yards down the field on third and eight to the red team 14 yard line.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The
drive ended on a failed fourth down conversion, but the play by
Robinson showed just how dangerous the 6’-4”, 250 lb. tight end could
become to opposing defenses.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>In playing against his own teammates, Robinson had nothing but praises of his first spring game experience.</font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">“Tonight was good,” said Robinson following Bearcat Bowl II.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>“I liked it; I got to experience how it’s going to be in a game.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It’s a little faster and I just have to process things quicker.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I think it was a good experience for me.”</font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Bearcat Bowl II should be the first of many good experiences expected for Robinson on the football field this year.</font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">
</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">http://cincinnati.scout.com/2/752148.html
</font></p></span></td></tr></tbody></table>

NYG4lifeNYK
05-01-2012, 05:12 PM

</font><font size="3">

</font></span>

Those numbers are nice but mean absolutely nothing on a football field, remember Vernon Gholston? The REAL question is whether he is a good football player.

When Mike Pope is your mentor you cannot fail [:D]

...if anyone brings up Travis Beckum they are dead to me [:^)]

Kruunch
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM

There are a bunch of pro bowl caliber UDFA in the league. We currently have 1 on our team, and have had others in the past (O'Hara, Seubert, etc..) . Draft grades are not an exact science and are often overrated.

No there aren't a "bunch" of Pro Bowl calibre UFDAs.

I think there were 4 if that in this last Pro Bowl (one of them being a FB no less). That's out of 82 people. That's less than 5%. Not exactly a "bunch".

UFDAs can be great players in the NFL but the *likelihood* is they won't. People need to stop romanticizing some of our successes of the past as if those were the norm.

firstgamein49
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Everyone wants the kid to be a receiver, and he may well become one on Giants, but keep in mind that he apparently can block right now. That's what will get him on the field. When Boss had to come in after Shockey broke his leg, he was not a good blocker. Hard work and Pope made him into an OK blocker. If Robinson can block and learn the play book, just imagine what a 22 set up w/ him and Martellus would bring to the table? And if either or both can catch, that would be plain frightening for ANY D in the league!

Drez
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I couldn't tell as this is thread number 2 by you on the front page about Robinson.

Was it really necessary to create another?

Drez
05-01-2012, 05:23 PM

I think there were 4 if that in this last Pro Bowl (one of them being a FB no less). That's out of 82 people. That's less than 5%. Not exactly a "bunch".

UFDAs can be great players in the NFL but the *likelihood* is they won't. People need to stop romanticizing some of our successes of the past as if those were the norm.
Considering the number of UDFAs to those actually drafted that make active rosters, 5% is probably an over representation league wide. That would then qualify it as being a "bunch."

jhamburg
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Not the end of the world if we bust on a late 4th round pick. The upside of most players picked there is an "average starter". The upside of this guy is Jimmy Graham.

NYG4lifeNYK
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I couldn't tell as this is thread number 2 by you on the front page about Robinson.

Absolutely, yes.

This will be the second of many this season I assure you.

Kruunch
05-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Considering the number of UDFAs to those actually drafted that make active rosters, 5% is probably an over representation league wide. That would then qualify it as being a "bunch."

That the new math?

4.8% is the new bunch? http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-43.gif

Drez

That the new math?

5% is the new bunch?
You are obviously dim.

Drez

Absolutely, yes.

This will be the second of many this season I assure you.

lol

Kruunch
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM

That the new math?

5% is the new bunch?
You are obviously dim.

Because you communicate poorly, I'm dim?

You must live in a lonely world.

DVision
05-01-2012, 05:31 PM

15 made it in 2011 according to Elias Sports Bureau! Three had at least 1,000 receiving yards, four rushed for at least 600 yards, and three had at least eight sacks. I'd call that a "bunch"!

To name a few Wes Welker, Victor Cruz , Arian Foster, and James Harrison.

Not to mention Jeff Saturday and Jason Peters both 5 time pro bowlers.

Then you have impact players like Nate Washington, Fred Jackson, LeGarrette Blount and BenJarvus Green-Ellis; Chris Clemons and Cameron Wake. And as much as we hate him Tony Romo although he didn't make the pro bowl he's had a pretty good career so far.

Pro Bowl caliber doesn't necessarily mean they had to make the pro bowl since it's a glorified popularity contest!

As I stated before draft grades are not an exact science!

Drez
05-01-2012, 05:34 PM

That the new math?

5% is the new bunch?
You are obviously dim.

Because you communicate poorly, I'm dim?

You must live in a lonely world.
No, because you have horrible reading comprehension.

Vtgmenfan89
05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Still has to go out there and be a football player. Athlete's aren't always football players. However I do think this is a great pick for us, and after a season of more than likely getting more limited snaps behind Bennett and learning from coach Pope, he could certainly be a monster in his 2nd season.