PDA

View Full Version : Why not try Adrien Robinson at DE too?

Warchild
05-01-2012, 05:27 PM
I wonder if the coaches have thought about it? If he has JPP's measure-ables, why not give it a shot?

greenca190
05-01-2012, 05:32 PM
The new Brandon Jacobs

titwio
05-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Cause they need a freakin TE more...your messing with my zen thing man... (only some will get this reference)

Kruunch
05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
He'll be playing water boy for now ... how many positions do you want the kid to master?!

gmen0820
05-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Come on now.

TheEnigma
05-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I like him at QB. He could be our Cam Newton.

NYG4lifeNYK
05-01-2012, 05:39 PM
LOL

It crossed my mind... he's as big and has a bigger wingspan than JPP(as crazy as that is to believe it's true)

But he's a TE and he isn't moving inside. I'd LOVE to have a DOMINANT TE for a change.

greenca190
05-01-2012, 05:41 PM
I hear he isn't showing up for otas because he'll be too busy training in pole vault for the London Olympics.

jhamburg
05-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Chase Blackburn has the same measurables as Eli Manning, imo

Firenugget
05-01-2012, 07:36 PM
really...?[:^)]

juice33s
05-01-2012, 08:06 PM
He'll be playing water boy for now ... how many positions do you want the kid to master?!
You're really hating on this Robinson pick aren't ya? As it stands he's one injury from being a starter.

Let me ask you this, how many catches did Ballard have his senior year?....14 with 0 TD's

Breezely
05-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Sticky icky

Firenugget
05-01-2012, 08:12 PM
You're really hating on this Robinson pick aren't ya? As it stands he's one injury from being a starter.

Let me ask you this, how many catches did Ballard have his senior year?....14 with 0 TD's

What's that got to do with the fact that the OP wants him to play DE?

juice33s
05-01-2012, 08:23 PM

What's that got to do with the fact that the OP wants him to play DE?

Every thread on Robinson I see Kruunch calling him an UDFA, and in this one he called him the waterboy. As it stands he's the second string TE

RoanokeFan
05-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I would like to see him in the wildcat

miken609
05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Why not try out JPP at tight end?

miked1958
05-01-2012, 11:12 PM
The new Brandon JacobsLol

Giants10Joe
05-01-2012, 11:21 PM

I will be highly disappointed and consider him a waste of a pick if he doesn't learn at least 15 positions.

MikeIsaGiant
05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
We should have traded up for RJG and used him as a TE

G-Man67
05-02-2012, 05:57 PM
the JPP of TEs will have the last laugh along with Jerry Reese</P>

no pressure kid, but i did love hearing JR rave about him ... we'll coach him up and have a good one</P>

Kruunch
05-02-2012, 11:03 PM

Not hating the pick ... we needed a TE. It's not the direction I would have gone and thank god, because JR is a ton better at this stuff than I am.

Having said that, I'm not going to get super excited about someone we reached for in the 4th round until it's time to get excited about him.

P.S. - Ballard is a mediocre TE at best ... I would hope this kid outshines Ballard by a truck load.

Kruunch
05-02-2012, 11:04 PM
As it stands he's the second string TE

Exactly ... the water boy. http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

miken609
06-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Come on now.hahah lol

Ahmad44rushHARD
06-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Cause they need a freakin TE more...your messing with my zen thing man... (only some will get this reference)

Jeff bridges in tron. very underrated movie

excited to see a robinson coached up.. looks like a stud

giantsfan420
06-08-2012, 03:56 PM

Not hating the pick ... we needed a TE. It's not the direction I would have gone and thank god, because JR is a ton better at this stuff than I am.

Having said that, I'm not going to get super excited about someone we reached for in the 4th round until it's time to get excited about him.

P.S. - Ballard is a mediocre TE at best ... I would hope this kid outshines Ballard by a truck load.
ballard may have avg measurables but he certainly didnt play like an avg te.

Dude surprised me. But i do believe he would be a better second te...he certainly made everyone forget about boss.

I still dunno how ballard had as many intermediate/deep receptions when he runs so slow.

TrueBlue@NYC
06-08-2012, 04:24 PM
As it stands he's the second string TE

Exactly ... the water boy. http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

I think second string TE is being VERY generous. He's more like the 4th string TE behind bennet, Pascoe and Hopkins.

I personally don't expect much from the kid this year but think he'll be a bigger contributor next season, a progression that many of our rookies follow.

Besides Bennett is going to be a very solid TE for us this year.

TrueBlue@NYC
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM

ballard may have avg measurables but he certainly didnt play like an avg te.

Dude surprised me. But i do believe he would be a better second te...he certainly made everyone forget about boss.

I still dunno how ballard had as many intermediate/deep receptions when he runs so slow.

His straight line speed isn't too bad, but he really lacks quickness and is limited in the types of routes he can run effectively.

Helped that he had all the space in the world to work with in the middle with defenses concentrating on our outside receivers.

G-Men Surg.
06-08-2012, 04:27 PM
?????

FlyingTruck
06-08-2012, 10:22 PM
You guys are freaking crazy. He can't be on the field because he has to coach the team.