PDA

View Full Version : Hey Giant fans

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 01:42 AM
How did your draft go? I didn't get a chance to watch the draft at all due to work. List your picks. We got mostly defense in our draft which we need bad. I just hope it works out well for us. Nothing but love for the Giants and their fans. Hope you guys are enjoying your Lombardi.

Spizi
05-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Rd1 David Wilson RB, Virginia Tech
Rd2 Rueben Randle WR, LSU
Rd3 Jayron Hosley CB, Virginia Tech
Rd4 Adrien Robinson TE, Cincinnati
Rd4 Brandon Mosely T
Rd6 Matt McCants T
Rd7 Markus Kuhn DT, NC State

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 02:06 AM
You guys drafted alot of offense. That is probably a good move. You lost Jacobs and Manningham so Randle will probably be a good replacement for Mario.

NYG4lifeNYK
05-02-2012, 03:14 AM
How did your draft go? I didn't get a chance to watch the draft at all due to work. List your picks. We got mostly defense in our draft which we need bad. I just hope it works out well for us. Nothing but love for the Giants and their fans. Hope you guys are enjoying your Lombardi.

Hey bud hows it going?

You're one of the most respectable enjoyable fans from outside of the Giants that post here [B]

giantsfan420
05-02-2012, 03:58 AM
our first 3 picks have 1rst round talent.

our late 4th round pick te has a ton of upside.
we got a dt in the 7th who is 25, dont know much about him but i believe he has some upside too.

almost all our picks have tremendous measurables and fit into our offense, or defense (projected) well.

our 3rd round db hosley led the nation in ints i believe the season before this one. he failed a drug test at the combine which dropped his stock, but he def. has ball hawk ability, could be a huge steal.

randle the wr from lsu is similar to nicks in some regards, i've been reading how a lot of analysts and our scouts head Ross and GM also made the comparison so i like that a lot.

a typical JReese draft: ton of talent that could pay dividends real fast

TheEnigma
05-02-2012, 05:04 AM
How did your draft go? I didn't get a chance to watch the draft at all due to work. List your picks. We got mostly defense in our draft which we need bad. I just hope it works out well for us. Nothing but love for the Giants and their fans. Hope you guys are enjoying your Lombardi.We had a pretty solid draft once you get past all of the popular names. Wilson and Randle should be good playmakers for us in the future while Hosley can be an eexceptional 3rd down CB for us. The later half of our draft has some raw kids but they have natural abilities waiting to be harnessed.

As for the Packers, you guys needed another rusher opposite of Clay to take some of the pressure off of him and you got that in Perry.

Jerel Worthy was good value at the end of the 2nd and should be interesting to see him play 3-4 DE.

Andrew Datko could be a late round steal if he can return to form before his injury back at FSU.

Look forward to week 12 man!

SweetZombieJesus
05-02-2012, 09:12 AM
You guys drafted alot of offense. That is probably a good move. You lost Jacobs and Manningham so Randle will probably be a good replacement for Mario.

Yup, but there had already been a lot of activity on defense; we picked up LB Rivers from the Bungles via FA, CB Moulden from the Pats, S Brown from the Colts, extended Kiwi, resigned Chase Blackburn, and we have a bunch of talented guys coming back from IR last year -- CB T Thomas, DT Austin, S Chad Jones (who almost lost his leg in a car crash). The only loss I can recall is Ross to the Jaguars. But we have yet to see how Osi is going to play out, he's already boycotting team activities and making a lot of noise.

Oh and by the way our TE corps was wrecked in the SB (Ballard and Beckum both tore ACLs). We picked up Bennet from the Cowboys.

jints1964
05-02-2012, 10:52 AM
To Lambeau 12; You have a lot of class. you recognize football is a game, not a life and death struggle. However, we do get very excited about our teams and often verbally attack not only the competition but our team as well mainly because we love the game. Good luck this year but we will try to beat you again. Sorry but GO GIANTS.

buffyblue
05-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Hey bud hows it going?

You're one of the most respectable enjoyable fans from outside of the Giants that post here [B]

I second this.

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Sorry if some of our fans are sore losers. I hate to see fans like that.

ashleymarie
05-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Don't we all. LOL

JJC7301
05-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Laaaammmmbbbeeeeaaauuuu12. I think that most of our board members are happy with our draft. I like a few of the names in your draft as well. The Pack, Steelers (whose o-line heavy draft I liked), and Giants always seem to do it the right way.

Looking forward to this year and our two most recent SB champs going head to head again.

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Nick Perry looks to be a good pick for us. I dont know about beating you guys. You seem to matchup to well with us and it is a primetime game. It is late in the year so you never know with injuries, momentum and what not. We need a few O lineman in free agency as well to protect Rodgers so Osi and Tuck dont get after him on November 25th.

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 02:37 PM
The bad news is Hargrove the DE we picked up in Free Agency is suspended for 8 games due to the bounty scandal when he was with the Saints so we need to replace him now.

ashleymarie
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Wow. And he never played a down for you. Sad.

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 05:09 PM
He was decent as well. At least we will have him the last 4 games of the year. That is when teams usually get hot or build momentum going into the playoffs.

Giants10Joe
05-02-2012, 05:16 PM
I would have liked to get a defensive player in one of the first three rounds, and I think we could have probably gotten a decent running back in a later round instead of in the first round. However, I think it was solid prototypical Jerry Reese draft and overall I'm pretty happy with it. Our offense is going to be explosive next year.
The Giants-Packers game is going to be one of the better games this upcoming season with two high powered offenses and both teams having defenses that will probably be better than last year.

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Is it a Sunday night game or Monday night? Either way it will be good. We play better out in NY. We did score 38 out there and we beat the Jets the year we won the super bowl 9-0 in the meadowlands. I would love to attend a game out there. You guys would be cool to tailgate with under the bright lights. I think we could easily meet in the playoffs the next few years.

miked1958
05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
The bad news is Hargrove the DE we picked up in Free Agency is suspended for 8 games due to the bounty scandal when he was with the Saints so we need to replace him now.I heard that. Fajita now with Browns got 3 games. Vilma of saints gone the whole season and Will Smith 4 games.

miked1958
05-02-2012, 06:02 PM
If you ask me the saints got off easy considering how harsh the commish has been on this issue. Tough losing a high paid FA signing for half the season

JMFP2
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
How did your draft go? I didn't get a chance to watch the draft at all due to work. List your picks. We got mostly defense in our draft which we need bad. I just hope it works out well for us. Nothing but love for the Giants and their fans. Hope you guys are enjoying your Lombardi.</P>

Hey man, nice to see you again.</P>

</P>

I was very happy with the draft.....1st pick helps a running game that struggled last season; 2nd pick addresses the loss of Manningham....3rd pick addresses loss of Ross.....also picked up some guys that should give us depth at OL, TE.</P>

If the top 3 pan out, it will be a great draft.</P>

alau53
05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
The bad news is Hargrove the DE we picked up in Free Agency is suspended for 8 games due to the bounty scandal when he was with the Saints so we need to replace him now.I heard that. Fajita now with Browns got 3 games. Vilma of saints gone the whole season and Will Smith 4 games.

did the packers sign this guy after bountygate came out or b4..if it was b4 then pack deserve some sort of compensation..its not fair to them..if it was after bg the shame on them

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I think it was after the bountygate but they had no idea he was involved in it. I didnt think he was. Now it looks like the whole saints team was. Makes me happy the 49ers beat them.

miked1958
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I think it was after the bountygate but they had no idea he was involved in it. I didnt think he was. Now it looks like the whole saints team was. Makes me happy the 49ers beat them.There was a bunch of other saints that were involved but not penalized. RG said that he just went after the leaders of the team. The others according to him we're just following orders. Not sure I agree with that

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
I hate the Saints after this. I still didnt like them even before this came out when Brees was running up the score on teams. They also thought they were better then us. We beat them in week 1 and I am sure we would have again. That team will be a wreck next season and I think Carolina can overtake them and win that division.

TheEnigma
05-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I think the Vilma suspension was a bit too long but more players should of paid the price for this (Hello Roman Harper and Tracy Porter)

I would of handed out more 1-4 game suspensions to get the point across that followers will be punished as well.

As for the NFCS, I see the Falcons winning the division and the Panthers getting a possible WC spot.

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Agreed. I think all the players involved should get suspended the first half of the season. The Falcons don't impress me at all. You guys stomped them with ease and we beat them in Atlanta earlier in the year. I just dont see Matt Ryan being a star qb like Newton will be.

miked1958
05-02-2012, 08:22 PM
I think the Vilma suspension was a bit too long but more players should of paid the price for this (Hello Roman Harper and Tracy Porter)

I would of handed out more 1-4 game suspensions to get the point across that followers will be punished as well.

As for the NFCS, I see the Falcons winning the division and the Panthers getting a possible WC spot.Yes Harper and porter and others should have been fined and penalized as well

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I just hope the Packers and Giants never do anything like that. Hopefully the two teams stay classy and dont lower themselves to the Saints level. The saints were a good team that year, wont take anything away from them but they wont overboard with trying to take players out.

TheEnigma
05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
The reason I got the Falcons down for division winners is because they have a better defense than the Panthers and are a more balanced team overall. I just don't think adding Kuechly to their roster will improve the defense that much.

miked1958
05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
I just hope the Packers and Giants never do anything like that. Hopefully the two teams stay classy and dont lower themselves to the Saints level. The saints were a good team that year, wont take anything away from them but they wont overboard with trying to take players out.They should not have done it and now they are paying for it

miked1958
05-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Also there is talk of the nfl maybe reducing or taking away the draft choice penalty

Lambeau12
05-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Falcons got a good enough offense but they just seem too overrated to me. Carolina has a good offense but their defense stinks. If their defense was good they would be at the top of the NFC as well. I can see the Seahawks being decent with Matt Flynn too.