PDA

View Full Version : What players or storylines are u looking forward to most this yr?(Just GIANT related)

nycsportzfan
05-02-2012, 09:30 AM
A example would be, maybe your looking forward to seeing the progression of Jerrell Jerrnigan or something like that.. Stuff like that..</P>

</P>

5things i'm looking forward to finding out about our team..</P>

1.I'm looking forward to seeing if Martellus Bennett can become what he never did in Dallas, and become a possible fixture at the positon, or if hes just what hes been, and isn't gonna be in town long..</P>

2. Jerrell Jerrnigan- I really believe in this kids talents.. I loved the pick last yr, and i think he can be very versatile weapon for us, and become the next feared giant WR..</P>

3. James Brewer- Obviously, as another guy i endorsed last yr , as he was the guy i wanted when our pick came up in RD 4, i'm eager to see if the yr under his belt, was enough and hes ready to take Mckenzies spot now or not...</P>

4. The RB situation.. We now got David Wilson to add to the mix, and i'm eager to see how open the competiton is in camp, and if Darel Scott can really give the 2nd RB job a strong go, and possibly win it, or is david wilson gonna come right in and claim the job as his own?</P>

5. Linval- I'm super stoked about Linval's progression, and yr 3 is the yr guys usually take off, and again, as a guy i really wanted in his draft, i'm eager to see how much hes improved, and what his peak is, as a NFL DT.. I feel hes got a bit of Pocket crashing ability, that hes gonna show a bit more of, this being his 3rd yr in the leauge.. I think hes gonna be a complete DT, and one of the best in the League.. </P>

RagTime Blue
05-02-2012, 11:10 AM
About the 2nd running back. . .I wouldn't be surprised if NOBODY clearly gets it. Maybe Ware gets more snaps early in the season, and the other two guys get more as the season rolls on.

But I'm also interested in how that plays out.

TuckYou
05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
-Is Eli Elite?</P>

..... but seriously.</P>

-Osi situation.</P>

-Seeing Wilson and Randleplay.</P>

-Seeing how T2, Riversand Chad Joneslook coming back.

-Opening ceremonies September 5th, with Dallas watching on National TV. (Hope to be at that game)</P>

-Will Oline improve?</P>

-What UDFA makes the team</P>

XxBigWhitxX
05-02-2012, 11:37 AM
1. The CB situation- Who's the number 3? Prince? T2? Hosley? Does T2 move to the Grant role? Will our safeties play Safety for the first time?

2. LBs- what the starting lineup gonna look like? River- Boley- Williams? Rivers-Herzlich-Boley? Kiwi-Boley-Williams? Does Greg Jones step up? Is Blackburn the desired starter?

3. O-line- is Brewer gonna be a starter? What about Petrus? Where does Deihl move G or T? Will Beatty stay healthy?

4. Consistency- Will the Eli we saw last season be Eli of next season? Can Cruz Duplicate similar Production? Is JPP ready to Solidify himself as a great? Can Tuck not go MIA during the season?

5. Osi- is he resigned? Traded? Put on season ending IR? Do we have a replacement ready?

6. Guys stepping up- Will Barden revive his career? Can Randle be that big 3rd threat? What about Jernigan is he sinorice moss 2.0 already? Will Sintim even make the roster? Will Martellus rise to the expectations Dallas had for him? Who's this year's Jacquian Williams?

nygsb42champs
05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
To me it is who emerges as the 3rd WR and who can step up on the o-line.

ashleymarie
05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Eli and the 4th quarter.

meanseen
05-02-2012, 12:17 PM
i'm interested in Marvin Austin and if he comes off strong off his injury. Guy hasnt played a snap in two years, but when he did in 2010, he was graded with a first-round talent.

Also interested to see Prince's development since he was hyped up before the draft as a shutdown corner and a top-10 pick; lets see some of that come to fruition

Flip Empty
05-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Eli and the 4th quarter.
I'd rather he didn't need to bring the team back all the time this season.

rxc999
05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
would like to see

a) How's Randle contributing as well as RB Wilson
b) O-line improvement
c) How defensive players coming back..like T2 will perform..

Hoping for less injuries than last year for sure..

nycsportzfan
05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
i'm interested in Marvin Austin and if he comes off strong off his injury. Guy hasnt played a snap in two years, but when he did in 2010, he was graded with a first-round talent. Also interested to see Prince's development since he was hyped up before the draft as a shutdown corner and a top-10 pick; lets see some of that come to fruition Good call.. Marvin Austin as a 2nd rd pick, is a pretty big deal for us.. I hope he ends up living up to that tremendous potential of his

ANON837
05-02-2012, 07:08 PM
The MLB position. I want to see who steps up in camp and wears the helmet.

Giants10Joe
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I can't wait to see what JPP does in year 3. I don't even think he's close to his peak yet, even after getting 16.5 sacks.

TheEnigma
05-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Too many to list with so many positional battles coming up.

Does Herzlich take the next step back to his former self and become our MLB of the future?

How fast can Randle learn this offense?

Does Bennett secure his position as the "go to TE" or will he disappoint in New York, leading to an early emergence of Robinson?

How long can Bradshaw last before he gets injured? (hate typing that but you know it's true)

Which player has a breakout year?

Which player will see a decline in their abilities?

NY_Eli
05-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Lots of great position battles for camp. Looking forward to:

Linebacker: Do Herzlich or Greg Jones crack the starting lineup? Where does Rivers fit?

Slot CB: Is this TT's job to lose? I'm curious to see if Tryon or Mosley will get some snaps in the slot.

3rd WR: Time for the Jernigan jump, or does Randle come in and compete right away? Maybe Hixon makes a play for this spot as well, seems like he and Eli have a great rapport.

2nd/3rd RB: I'm imagining Bradshaw and Wilson as the 1-2 punch with Scott as the 3rd down scat back. But Wilson will have to show he can protect Eli if he wants a lot of snaps.

OL: I think Beatty, Baas, and Snee are locked in at LT, C, and RG respectively. But what about LG and RT? Is Brewer ready to start? If so, does Diehl or Boothe become the LG?

Going to be a really interesting camp, can't wait for it to get started!

hungrrrry
05-02-2012, 11:11 PM
The storyline I hope to see unfold is one of these below:
a) Osi signs
b) Osi is traded
c) Osi shuts the **** up and just plays

GMENAGAIN
05-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Herzlich, Rivers and Austin.

Rat_bastich
05-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Chad Jones and Herzlich.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-02-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm looking forward to the following storyline: "Giants pull off the repeat and win Superbowl XLVII

B&RWarrior
05-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I think Chad Jones is a year away from coming back.

Looking forward to see Herzlich man the middle. Looking forward to see Prince begin to dominate. Looking forward to see T2 play the run on the edge. Look forward to seeing JPP become a student of the game and add some technique to his natural ability.

mommy2dylan
05-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Does KIWI go back to DE ... he was killing it there last year until he got hurt

Running game, Running Game, Running game ... If that gets going cause our line is gelling, holy crap

JJC7301
05-03-2012, 01:02 AM
1. How the o-line does.
2. Progression of JPP.
3. Progression of Cruz.
4. Progression of Prince.
5. How quickly R2 and Wilson can get up to speed.

Toadofsteel
05-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Another run for the ages... We're 10-6/9-7 again, nobody expects us to go anywhere, and we start rolling teams again. It culminates in the Super Bowl, against the Peyton-led Broncos, in the Manning hometown of New Orleans, where Eli proves once and for all that he is the better QB.

I can dream, can't i?

Giants10Joe
05-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Another run for the ages... We're 10-6/9-7 again, nobody expects us to go anywhere, and we start rolling teams again. It culminates in the Super Bowl, against the Peyton-led Broncos, in the Manning hometown of New Orleans, where Eli proves once and for all that he is the better QB.

I can dream, can't i?

Absolutely you can dream. But dream big.
19-0. Win every game by at least 10 points. Beat the Patriots (again) in the Super Bowl 30-0. Greatest team ever. End debate is Brady best QB ever (answer: Eli's better).
Following year: cool off a little. 14-2. Become first team to win 3 straight Super Bowls and first to play a home Super Bowl by beating Peyton and the Broncos. Dynasty. End debate is Eli best QB ever (answer: yes).

Yes, that's right, I'm already thinking two seasons ahead.

BlueBlooded1979
05-03-2012, 04:36 AM
What will the Giants do with the 32 pick in the 2013 draft ?

nygfan0816
05-03-2012, 05:09 AM
herzlich- great come back story. really rooting for him to be MLB week 1

depalma-guy seems like hes quick and doesnt give up. can he make 53 man roster as WR/ST player?

osi- will he get a deal, get dealt, or just play?

secondary-looks great on paper, but guys need to stay healthy this year

o-line- baas and snee seem to be the only ones who are definite as starter at C and RG. every other spot is open for competition. will guys like petrus and brewer step up and earn spots? i hope so.

and of course, will the giants repeat? yes.

JesseJames
05-03-2012, 10:21 AM
The storyline I hope to see unfold is one of these below:
a) Osi signs
b) Osi is traded
c) Osi shuts the **** up and just plays
completely agree with you, I'm getting sick of this Osi soap opera every year and its time to put it to bed one way or the other for the good of the team, right now Osi is a big distraction for every body...