PDA

View Full Version : Giants arent the only classy organization

thomsoad
05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/7881254/tampa-bay-buccaneers-sign-injured-rutgers-dt-eric-legrand-symbolic-gesture

thomsoad
05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/7881254/tampa-bay-buccaneers-sign-injured-rutgers-dt-eric-legrand-symbolic-gesture

greenca190
05-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I think it's stupid.

MikeIsaGiant
05-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Classy, but stupid

Giants10Joe
05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I think it's stupid.

How is it stupid? He said in an interview that they're not paying him. There's absolutely no downside. It's just a really cool thing they're doing for him. Plus, I bet he'll come visit the players and help inspire them, like when Couglin invited that Iraq war vet to come speak (I forget his name).

horn27
05-02-2012, 07:23 PM
I think it's stupid.

How is it stupid? He said in an interview that they're not paying him. There's absolutely no downside. It's just a really cool thing they're doing for him. Plus, I bet he'll come visit the players and help inspire them, like when Couglin invited that Iraq war vet to come speak (I forget his name).
+1

greenca190
05-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I think it's stupid.

Just irks me. If I'm hiring a head coach from the college ranks, I want his mindset to be on this team in his first year. Not on what happened at his previous job.

C1010
05-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I think it's stupid.

Just irks me. If I'm hiring a head coach from the college ranks, I want his mindset to be on this team in his first year. Not on what happened at his previous job.

<font color="#FF0000">I guess the fact that they signed the top guard and wide receiver in the offseason shows he doesn't care for the team. Oh I forgot to mention, the horrendous draft they had also shows his mind isn't with the team.</font>

NYgiants141
05-02-2012, 09:50 PM
If it were the Giants doing this you would all be going crazy over how classy it is...

I think its a cool thing to do regardless of the coach.

Rat_bastich
05-02-2012, 09:58 PM
If it were the Giants doing this you would all be going crazy over how classy it is...

The Giants did do something similar with Chad Jones. For all intents and purposes at the time that the Giants picked up his medical bills and such, Jones was not even supposed to walk...much less ever play football again.

There is more to football than just X's and O's. Not only is this fulfilling a kid's dreams but imagine the support this new coach gets from his vets by doing this very simple act of kindness.

I agree with you totally 141.

greenca190
05-03-2012, 01:18 PM

That's not very true on my behalf. I root for the giants because my father and grandfather did, not because I think they're the good guys. I understand that they are, but I'd they we're ****s I'd root just as hard (for those ****s).

I also believe the constant bombarding of how "classy" this organization is from usual fans is annoying. Reminds me of Carlton sweaters and country clubs.

greenca190
05-03-2012, 01:22 PM

The Giants did do something similar with Chad Jones. For all intents and purposes at the time that the Giants picked up his medical bills and such, Jones was not even supposed to walk...much less ever play football again.

There is more to football than just X's and O's. Not only is this fulfilling a kid's dreams but imagine the support this new coach gets from his vets by doing this very simple act of kindness.

I agree with you totally 141.

Yeah, I didn't look at it in regards to insurance and all. That's pretty cool that the tampa organization is simply ponying up for a years worth of medical bills. As far as the "dream" story goes, that's getting a little bit blown out of proportion. I hardly doubt this kids dream was to get drafted or be signed because he snapped his neck in half.

GMENAGAIN
05-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I think it's stupid.</P>

Like most of your posts??</P>

greenca190
05-03-2012, 02:04 PM
I think it's stupid.</P>

Care to elaborate? This is the first time I've ever been called out as a poster on here in six years. I didn't know I had a following. But please, go on.

greenca190
05-04-2012, 03:52 AM
I think it's stupid.</P>

Well that's unfortunate. F for Effort, ***got. Hahahaaha.

GMENAGAIN
05-04-2012, 07:33 AM
I think it's stupid.</P>

Well that's unfortunate. F for Effort, ***got. Hahahaaha.</P>

I rest my case.</P>

NYG 5
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I think it's stupid.

Greg Gadsden. none of you filthy terrorists could remember

greenca190
05-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I think it's stupid.</P>

I rest my case.</P>

Holy ****, I totally did not write that. Sorry dude, that was stupid. Community computer I'm using.

GMENAGAIN
05-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I think it's stupid.</P>

I rest my case.</P>

Holy ****, I totally did not write that. Sorry dude, that was stupid. Community computer I'm using.</P>

No problemo . . . . </P>