PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers TD

jhamburg
05-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Now that he's a giant I thought it would be a fitting time to bring out this old gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfN5JfjM3LQ&feature=related

Every big man's dream. Not sure he has another one of these in him, but still fun to watch.

nygsb42champs
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
If he has anything left in his tank and is motivated he could be a real nice addition to our d-line.

Pa1jintfan
05-02-2012, 02:50 PM
I love this pickup. I think his TD run is the funniest play I've ever seen. My son was 8 when he seen it, he still talks about that play. He asks me" who was the fat guy who stiff armed that little guy like a rag doll". Great play. Rogers could really clog up the middle. That could be huge, push the QB back into our wide rushers. Great addition

giantsfan420
05-02-2012, 02:54 PM
the thing that is going to enhance the level of rodgers play is the fact he'll be lining up next to all pro DE's and DT's...when he was at the peak of his game, he was "the guy" on the DL that teams had to account for, he took much of their attention. and for most of his career he still dominated.

now he'll have the luxury of getting a lot of 1v1 matchups which aint no C or G is gonna contain him, i dont care how far along he is in his career...love the pickup

TrueBlue@NYC
05-02-2012, 03:38 PM
If Rogers is healthy, motivated and is able to keep his weight where it needs to be for him to play effectively he'll do well here.

Biggest benefit for him is that he'll always be in a rotation and it'll help keep him fresh.

miked1958
05-02-2012, 07:04 PM
When did we sign him?

Kase-1
05-02-2012, 07:07 PM
When did we sign him?I think it was the day before the draft started

DownWitJPP
05-02-2012, 07:25 PM
dude was a beast, if he has anything left in the tank this is a great addition. I remember him man handling people when he was with Cleveland.

Welcome to NYG BIG BABY!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yE_XYtKSyw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW86aTClMPI&feature=related

BeatYale
05-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks for posting the video. That stiff arm at the end was awesome.

EJ Blue
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
When I first started watching football in 2008 I saw the woeful Browns and Romeo Crennel a lot for some reason. I thought Rogers was an absolute beast, then he disappeared. Seriously, what happened to him?

giantsfan420
05-02-2012, 09:02 PM
When I first started watching football in 2008 I saw the woeful Browns and Romeo Crennel a lot for some reason. I thought Rogers was an absolute beast, then he disappeared. Seriously, what happened to him?

he's been on pretty terrible teams, and the DL that surrounded him wasnt exactly stacked. teams could throw 3 guys at him and not worry much about the rest of the dl

he was a monster and it was usually always against a double and sometimes triple teams.
i remember the 08 loss to cleveland when we were on an absolute tear through the league, Rogers continued to collapse the pocket and get push vs our entire interior line at times, it was ridiculous

bELIeve_in_Giants
05-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Eli was one of the people he mandhandled. I still remember him slamming Eli when they played in 2008. Believe he was flagged and Eli was slightly injured (not to come out of the game, but they were working on his shoulder on the sideline)

BigBlueHits
05-02-2012, 10:28 PM
This pickup is gonna be awesome. IMO the best part of this pickup is the fact he will be able to not be an every down player. He will be able to give everything he has on the downs he DOES play. The guy doesn't seem lazy just got worn out I think.
I have a very good feeling about this pickup.

JPP, Joseph, Rogers, Tuck
or JPP, Canty, Rogers,Tuck
or JPP,Canty,Joseph,Tuck
or Osi,JPP, Tuck, Kiwi.

My lord...this is not even figuring in Marvin Austin if he is even close to what we drafted him as.
I am so pumped to see this D.

Bohemian
05-03-2012, 12:39 AM
He sure was one of my favorite Dlineman a few years back, so I hope that he can at least show signs of what he was all about. He is more of an experiment at this point, but it is great to see him in Blue.