PDA

View Full Version : top100 Hakeem Nicks...

bigh3ad
05-02-2012, 10:21 PM

Toadofsteel
05-02-2012, 10:24 PM
He should be higher... the only WR in the league better than him are Megatron and MAYBE welker...

Axels15
05-02-2012, 10:25 PM
That is fairly low. But whatev

GMENAGAIN
He should be higher... the only WR in the league better than him are Megatron and MAYBE welker...</P>

Andre Johnson????</P>

bigh3ad
for some reason i forsee cruz ahead of him in the top100 which is absurd.

GmenFan1980
05-02-2012, 10:28 PM
He should be higher... the only WR in the league better than him are Megatron and MAYBE welker...</P>

Andre Johnson????</P>

Larry Fitzgerald????

mommy2dylan
05-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Steve Smith had a monster year with a Rookie QB ...

As I have stated I think the ranking is right ... I can ramble off 8 QBS ahead of him, not to mention defensive players, JPP anyone, he is ranked 90 out of 1800 NFL players, come on guys ... He still has room to grow, he had some critical drops ...

VegasGmen
05-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Top 100 list is a joke as it was last year. The players are just as bad as the fans voting for the pro bowl. Bias' abound

rainierjef
05-02-2012, 11:34 PM
He should be higher... the only WR in the league better than him are Megatron and MAYBE welker...
lmao that was a homerish statement if i've ever read one.

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

just to name a few in no order.

giantsfan420
05-02-2012, 11:41 PM

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

LMFAO...Marshall??? something tells me that u couldnt name another wr that should be ahead of him if ur listing Marshall...

jjj45
05-02-2012, 11:45 PM

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

imo, Megatron is the best followed by Andre and Fitz. Then I'd put Welker and then Nicks. Honestly I think he is better right now than Marshall.

Adrian Wilson, all-pro safety says Nicks is top five in the league. I believe him.

AceOspadZ4
05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Ohhhhh rainierjef i think ur a good poster usually. That marshall being better then nicks is way off though. Id give u jennings. I think u can argue nicks into the top 5

JJC7301
05-02-2012, 11:56 PM
All I know is that he deserves to be in the top 100. Where he should actually be, I'll decide when the entire list is available.

I wonder if Cruz is on the list.

And I'm curious to see where Eli and JPP are. Eli had better be top 25.

C1010
05-03-2012, 12:10 AM
I think Nicks should have been higher but I'm happy they are finally acknowledging him.

TheEnigma
05-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Think some of you guys are downplaying Marshall. Yeah, the kid is a headcase but he can ball on the field.

He hasn't exactly had the best QB situation the last few years and he's going to his 3rd offense now. Let's cut him some slack.

rainierjef
05-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Think some of you guys are downplaying Marshall. Yeah, the kid is a headcase but he can ball on the field.

He hasn't exactly had the best QB situation the last few years and he's going to his 3rd offense now. Let's cut him some slack.

this.

but the homers will always revolt.

i am not saying nicks isn't comparable to any of these guys in the future but when you measure body of work its hard to argue. but whatever i guess i'm stupid for looking at the broad spectrum than just last years numbers.

i love this team too but my eyes are wide open guys. just sayin

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 12:22 AM
nicks has been a better wr for the past two or three seasons than marshall and its not even close. saying that doesnt make one a homer, it makes one accurate.

rainierjef
05-03-2012, 12:30 AM
nicks has been a better wr for the past two or three seasons than marshall and its not even close. saying that doesnt make one a homer, it makes one accurate.

you do understand that the QB who is throwing the ball plays a factor into how these receivers perform during the course of a full season right? or do WR's throw the ball to themselves nowadays? did you not read what enigma said? or you were so desperate to counter attack what i said?

i think your a homer but that's just my opinion to you everyone on this team thats relevant deserves to be on that list probably. look lets just agree to disagree that me and you will never see eye to eye, i'm fine with that.

good day sir

TheEnigma
05-03-2012, 12:37 AM
nicks has been a better wr for the past two or three seasons than marshall and its not even close. saying that doesnt make one a homer, it makes one accurate.That's honestly debatable.

Nicks
2009 - Yds: 790 TD: 6
2010 - Yds: 1052 TD: 11
2011 - Yds: 1192 TD: 7

Marshall
2009 - Yds: 1120 TD: 10
2010 - Yds: 1014 TD: 3
2011 - Yds: 1214 TD: 6

One guy has been on a solid, consistent organization with a top 10 QB for his entire career.

The other has been on two teams with a different starting QB each season since then. Plus it's the Dolphins, the biggest joke organization in the modern NFL.

Nicks gets the nod because you don't have to worry about him slipping on a McDonald's wrapper and falling into a glass table or a psycho wife but let's not act like Marshall is some scrub compared to Nicks.

rainierjef
05-03-2012, 12:40 AM
nicks has been a better wr for the past two or three seasons than marshall and its not even close. saying that doesnt make one a homer, it makes one accurate.That's honestly debatable.

Nicks

Marshall

One guy has been on a solid, consistent organization with a top 10 QB for his entire career.

The other has been on two teams with a different starting QB each season since then. Plus it's the Dolphins, the biggest joke organization in the modern NFL.

Nicks gets the nod because you don't have to worry about him slipping on a McDonald's wrapper and falling into a glass table or a psycho wife but let's not act like Marshall is some scrub compared to Nicks.

dude you are my fact hammer! whenever there it a doubting nail... BOOM!!! reason.

flimflam
05-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Eff 'em. I like our hard nosed, resilient, hard playing, high motor non-superstar "football player" football players that make up our beloved Giants.

Let Nicks fly under the radar. They should also count his blocking, him showing up in big games, etc.

For example, where was Roddy White when Atlanta needed him in the playoffs?

How'd Hakeem "Mr. I can snatch the playing card you picked out after throwing the full deck into the air" Nicks do? Led all receivers in receptions in the big one.

rainierjef
05-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Eff 'em. I like our hard nosed, resilient, hard playing, high motor non-superstar "football player" football players that make up our beloved Giants.

Let Nicks fly under the radar. They should also count his blocking, him showing up in big games, etc.

For example, where was Roddy White when Atlanta needed him in the playoffs?

How'd Hakeem "Mr. I can snatch the playing card you picked out after throwing the full deck into the air" Nicks do? Led all receivers in receptions in the big one.

LMFAO i like your fire bro.

but look at it like this, i love this team we all do, some of us are deeply seeded though and that's wrong. when other fans talk about idiotic, ignorant fan they talk about the homer giants fans and it often leads to generalization. this is league fan wide thing though, we all do it. especially for eagles and dallas fans as well but i know alot of dallas fans who are not respectable in the least but are knowledgeable about the game and give fair assessments.

when i say romo sucks its not cause i hate romo but hos body of work doesn't show, 4th quarter comebacks, or taking a run first team and leading it into a passing juggernaut, or maneuvering behind a suck *** O-line with a mediocre running game. Eli has done that the two super bowls are just products of what he has done.

but i would be an idiot to say well when boss was here he was better than witten. or nicks is better than a fitzgerald or his body of work is better than marshall.

love the team but also love the game first that's my motto that's what i tell the kids i coach little league to. thats all i'm saying i'm not saying nicks sucks i think hes a great Wide receiver and if he continues while improving, stays with eli at helm and not chase the cash he will quietly walk into the hall of fame some day , hopefully.

take the homer glasses off there are 31 other team that all have great talent on it.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 01:48 AM
wait, let me get this straight, holding it against nicks that he has eli as his qb makes u some genius sports mind, but saying nicks has been better the past two or three seasons is accurate makes me a homer?

i take it back, u thinking too highly of urself isnt a good thing, it comes off as being, well egotistical

and some one, for the love of god, save those kids, last thing we need is 20 or so kids growing up thinking they're better than everyone else bc they think differently

edit- and while eli certainly helps nicks, nicks has displayed amazing talent on his own with the huge catch and YAC TD vs atl and gb in the post season

rainierjef
05-03-2012, 02:58 AM
Wow well i'll address this in segments and then i'm done with you...period!

wait, let me get this straight, holding it against nicks that he has eli as his qb makes u some genius sports mind

Okay wait i never said i was some genius sports mind, your projecting. that shows me you have no relevant claim to the argument you started, but fine i'll bite why not.
Nicks

Marshall

i feel you should do your own research and not wait for people to post stuff that makes your ACCURATE claims look stupid! marshall had how many different QB coaches? coordinators? QB's? head coaches? every time he seems to settle into an offense it changes around him, and if i have to explain to you how continuity plays into football then leave the children someone save you! there are the accurate facts right there ^^^ Look at the numbers homie, look at them... done.

but saying nicks has been better the past two or three seasons is accurate makes me a homer?
yes it does, especially after you see the numbers and still say it; hey these were your terms " nicks has been better the past two or three seasons." you are a homer sir accept it.

u thinking too highly of urself isnt a good thing, it comes off as being, well egotistical
thanks i definitely think highly of myself and what i have done with so little, growing up in brooklyn, prospect heights; before the hippies moved in. but enough about me...

and some one, for the love of god, save those kids, last thing we need is 20 or so kids growing up thinking they're better than everyone else bc they think differently
i am saving those kids, by helping to ease the fact and hopefully taking their minds off the fact that their fathers are over in iraq / afghanistan in FAB'S getting shot at or going on convoys 3-4 times a week. they need to have tough skin, they need to think they are better players than the competition to play this sport, they need to know when their right follow through until proven wrong then man up or woman up and accept criticisim or apologize for being wrong but not opinionated. grow up sir...just grow up

edit - we know nicks is great but to say he's better than the players your mentioning, over the course of their body of work even last years numbers is arguable; is homerish and just stupid to be honest.

Nicks 2011 :

REC
YDS
AVG
TDS
7<div class="player-quick-stats"><div class="player-quick-stat-item first">
</div>

<div class="player-quick-stat-item ">
</div>

</div>

<div class="player-quick-stat-item "><div id="yui_3_4_1_2_1336027774398_3617" class="player-quick-stats">

<div id="yui_3_4_1_2_1336027774398_3616" class="player-quick-stat-item first">

<p class="player-quick-stat-item-body">Marshall: REC 81 YDS 1,214 AVG 15.0 TDS 6</p><p class="player-quick-stat-item-body">
</p><p class="player-quick-stat-item-body">Good day sir
</p>
</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>
</div>

</div>

DemandedAce
05-03-2012, 03:02 AM
He drops almost as many as he catches. Just like roddy white

Yes that's an exaggeration but they drop a lot of balls (lol)

DemandedAce
05-03-2012, 03:04 AM

wait, let me get this straight, holding it against nicks that he has eli as his qb makes u some genius sports mind

Okay wait i never said i was some genius sports mind, your projecting. that shows me you have no relevant claim to the argument you started, but fine i'll bite why not.
Nicks

Marshall

i feel you should do your own research and not wait for people to post stuff that makes your ACCURATE claims look stupid! marshall had how many different QB coaches? coordinators? QB's? head coaches? every time he seems to settle into an offense it changes around him, and if i have to explain to you how continuity plays into football then leave the children someone save you!* there are the accurate facts right there ^^^ Look at the numbers homie, look at them... done.

but saying nicks has been better the past two or three seasons is accurate makes me a homer?*
yes it does, especially after you see the numbers and still say it; hey these were your terms " nicks has been better the past two or three seasons." you are a homer sir accept it.

u thinking too highly of urself isnt a good thing, it comes off as being, well egotistical
thanks i definitely think highly of myself and what i have done with so little, growing up in brooklyn, prospect heights; before the hippies moved in. but enough about me...

i am saving those kids, by helping to ease the fact and hopefully taking their minds off the fact that their fathers are over in iraq / afghanistan in FAB'S getting shot at or going on convoys 3-4 times a week. they need to have tough skin, they need to think they are better players than the competition to play this sport, they need to know when their right follow through until proven wrong then man up or woman up and accept criticisim or apologize for being wrong but not opinionated. grow up sir...just grow up

edit - we know nicks is great but to say he's better than the players your mentioning, over the course of their body of work even last years numbers is arguable; is homerish and just stupid to be honest.

Nicks 2011 :

REC
YDS
AVG
TDS
</div>

</div>

</div>

<div class="player-quick-stat-item "><div id="yui_3_4_1_2_1336027774398_3617" class="player-quick-stats">

<p class="player-quick-stat-item-body">Marshall: REC 81 YDS 1,214 AVG 15.0 TDS 6</p><p class="player-quick-stat-item-body">
</p>
</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>
</div>

</div>

Useless stats IMO those past three years are nicks first and Marshall's middle also Marshall was the #1 and often only viable receiver threat so that'll boost his stats a bit. Plus like I said he has the dropsies and off field issues

rainierjef
05-03-2012, 03:17 AM
what are you comparing? on the field play of off the field issues? pick one cause what he does off the field has nothing to do with how effective he is on the field.

you cannot say useless stats its what measures these players if stats don't count why are coaches/GM's quoting them when drafting, or analyst quoting them when comparing. fact is stats matter in the overall comparison of players, they might not always tell the accurate story but they are definitely the deciding factor.

i'm tired of people telling me this player is better and then don't prove it, if you can't give me tangibles then everything you say is opinion to me at least.

its sounds no different than a cowboys fan saying romo is better than Eli.
then i say prove it.
they say stats i say great i win.
winning two super bowls is a stats
winning percentage in the playoffs is a stat
i can go on

rainierjef
05-03-2012, 03:18 AM
He drops almost as many as he catches. Just like roddy white

Yes that's an exaggeration but they drop a lot of balls (lol) lol fair enough nicks has some key drops as well. do u have a finite number on the drops he's had?

TheEnigma
05-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Not even using stats, look at what Marshall had to work with the last 3 years.

2009: Kyle Orton
2010: Chad Henne
2011: Matt Moore

Serviceable journeyman QB's but none of them are in Eli's class.

Guess when his best years were? 07 and 08 when he was a Denver Bronco and Cutler was the QB. We all know Cutler is a pretty decent QB that has solved Chicago's search for a franchise option.

His total body of work... I see him like a poor man's Fitz. Great numbers when he had a good QB but he still put up decent #1 stats working with the scrapheap.

I'm not saying Marshall is way better than Nicks but merely arguing that it isn't fair to say Nicks is much better than him and it isn't even close like 420 said.

There's a fair debate about which one is better.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 03:35 AM
the last two years he's had better stats, thanks for proving it

and when u start calling people homers and acting superior, what else am i supposed to call u, modest? egotistical seems fitting

edit-hell, u accused me of following ur posts and hanging onto ur every word, lmfao...so modest!

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 03:38 AM

Nicks

Marshall

i feel you should do your own research and not wait for people to post stuff that makes your ACCURATE claims look stupid! marshall had how many different QB coaches? coordinators? QB's? head coaches? every time he seems to settle into an offense it changes around him, and if i have to explain to you how continuity plays into football then leave the children someone save you!* there are the accurate facts right there ^^^ Look at the numbers homie, look at them... done.

but saying nicks has been better the past two or three seasons is accurate makes me a homer?*

Nicks 2011 :

REC
YDS
AVG
TDS
</div>

</div>

</div>

</p>
</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>
</div>

</div>

Useless stats IMO those past three years are nicks first and Marshall's middle also Marshall was the #1 and often only viable receiver threat so that'll boost his stats a bit. Plus like I said he has the dropsies and off field issues

dude you are my fact hammer! whenever there it a doubting nail... BOOM!!! reason.

GmenFan1980
05-03-2012, 03:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPYAul5NMDE

Friendly reminder, the players were asked to list their top 20 players not top 100.

AceOspadZ4
05-03-2012, 04:07 AM
marshall is an excellent receiver i agree. Top 10 for sure. Id rather have Nicks right now. Simply. Hence why id rank Nicks higher

Marvelousmik
05-03-2012, 04:59 AM

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

imo, Megatron is the best followed by Andre and Fitz. Then I'd put Welker and then Nicks. Honestly I think he is better right now than Marshall.

Adrian Wilson, all-pro safety says Nicks is top five in the league. I believe him.

roddy white and jennings are better than welker IMO

Marvelousmik
05-03-2012, 05:07 AM
Marshall and nicks are close to each others lvl

DemandedAce
05-03-2012, 09:54 AM
The fact that we can even have this conversation is pretty freaking awesome lol

nycisgreat
05-03-2012, 01:33 PM
In 2011, Nicks and Cruz were definitely top 10 this past season no question. I think it is safe to say Cruz was in the top 3 last season. Even out playing Larry Fitzgerald.

burier
05-03-2012, 02:02 PM

Dude there's a serious quality differencial at the QB postiion the past 2 or 3 seasons.

The man can't throw it AND catch it.

TuggSpeedman
05-03-2012, 02:26 PM
In his first 3 seasons, compared to Calvin Johnson's first 3 season's, Nicks has better #'s. He had the second best playoff run in history for a WR this year. He definitely is top-5 material...non-debatable.

Right now, taking everything into consideration, and at this point in everyone's careers, I'd only take Calvin or Larry over Hakeem.

Save me the QB BS too.

egyptian420
05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
And to think....some Cowboy fans still (to this day) think Dez Bryant is better lmfao

B-Red22
05-03-2012, 03:15 PM

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

HAHA Brandon Marshall is not better then Nicks

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 05:50 PM

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

careful...he's liable to go off on u and start calling u a homer and act superior to u...

and i dont get how some posters are holding it against nicks that he has eli as his qb...nicks still has to do his job so that eli can do his

TheEnigma
05-03-2012, 06:10 PM

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

careful...he's liable to go off on u and start calling u a homer and act superior to u...

and i dont get how some posters are holding it against nicks that he has eli as his qb...nicks still has to do his job so that eli can do hisIt's more about the fact Marshall has posted very similar numbers to Nicks with the likes of Orton, Henne, and Moore. Nicks gets the edge because of a fantastic playoff run but some of you are acting like Marshall is a scrub. He's probably the most physical receiver in the league as well and if you recall, he did a good job at making Webster look like a chump.

Edit: Actually it wasn't the last game but the 09 game.

PrideofNY
05-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Marshall is the only receiver that I've seen beat Darelle Revis regularly. He's better than his stats indicate.

I would say that Nicks and Marshall are pretty much on the same level. Keep in mind that Nicks only started like 6 games his rookie season, and then only played 13 games in 2010.

Stats aren't everything. Calvin Johnson is the best receiver if you go by stats, but my head says that Fitzgerald is the best.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 06:37 PM

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

and i dont get how some posters are holding it against nicks that he has eli as his qb...nicks still has to do his job so that eli can do hisIt's more about the fact Marshall has posted very similar numbers to Nicks with the likes of Orton, Henne, and Moore. Nicks gets the edge because of a fantastic playoff run but some of you are acting like Marshall is a scrub. He's probably the most physical receiver in the league as well and if you recall, he did a good job at making Webster look like a chump.

Edit: Actually it wasn't the last game but the 09 game.

marshall aint no scrub, nicks has just been better. past 2 seasons i'd take nicks hands down. i wont hold it against nicks that he has eli as his qb. nicks still has to do his job.

also, nicks entered the league 3 seasons ago whereas marshalls been around and was a veteran when nicks entered, and nicks has performed better than marshall.

hell, i even respect ur choice. thats cool. but me saying nicks has been better the past 2 seasons doesnt make me a homer, and all that other bs egomaniac was spewing...bc i said it, egomaniac thought it gave him the right to tell mehow wrong i am, how much of a homer i am, and all the other crazy bs he spewed...just bc i think differently than some one doesnt give that person the right to go ape **** over it and act superior

Neverend
05-03-2012, 07:04 PM
nicks has been a better wr for the past two or three seasons than marshall and <font size="4">its not even close</font>. saying that doesnt make one a homer, it makes one accurate.

I don't think you're giving enough credit to Marshall there, it is absolutely close. Their numbers are very comparable

He's had some really bad quarterbacks throwing him the ball, nicks has had arguably the best QB in the NFL behind rodgers/brees throwing him the ball last year

buffyblue
05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
nicks has been a better wr for the past two or three seasons than marshall and <font size="4">its not even close</font>. saying that doesnt make one a homer, it makes one accurate.

I don't think you're giving enough credit to Marshall there, it is absolutely close. Their numbers are very comparable

He's had some really bad quarterbacks throwing him the ball, nicks has had arguably the best QB in the NFL behind rodgers/brees throwing him the ball last year

Who cares where he is ranked? We win SuperBowl and that is the only ranking that matters.

Eli Manning is best QB in NFC. He is better than Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 07:49 PM

let me just go ahead and say, its not even close is my personal opinion.

having said that, nicks has been the better wr the past two seasons.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 08:02 PM

Who cares where he is ranked? We win SuperBowl and that is the only ranking that matters.

Eli Manning is best QB in NFC. He is better than Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.

dont you know? having a good qb means that u dont have to work as hard or be as skilled as a wr to have success...

when nicks had those two huge YAC TD's vs Atl and GB, simply bc eli threw the ball, nicks received a video game like super ability in which defenders just bounce off him...eli throwing to nicks gives nicks a force field...lmfao. and im a HUGE eli homer...Nicks is a top of the line WR, point blank

Neverend
05-03-2012, 08:22 PM

Fine, its a belief you keep to yourself personally. But if thats the case, dont see why you went out of your way at laughing at rainerjef initially when he said brandon marshall was above nicks

That sounds more like you believing that person is wrong, thus making you vulnerable to any argument, more than you just having only a different opinion and voicing it separately

CGYgiant
05-03-2012, 08:29 PM

Fine, its a belief you keep to yourself personally. But if thats the case, dont see why you went out of your way at laughing at rainerjef initially when he said brandon marshall was above nicks

That sounds more like you believing that person is wrong, thus making you vulnerable to any argument, more than you just having only a different opinion and voicing it separately

As a giants fan hes naturally going to say Nicks. Its not a bad opinion at all actually, Marshall gets targeted a whole lot more so that explains the production, furthermore Nicks has been injured often in his career and is still much younger then Marshall. When Marshall was in Denver he had the most targets out of any receiver in the entire league. Also, currently, Marshall has one of the highest percentage of drops per catch in the league.

The only real 'advantage' that Marshall has over Nicks is the fact that he is taller. Nicks is faster, has better hands, and he runs better routes. Just my opinion of course.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 08:32 PM

he listed wr's better over nicks

at 6, he listed marshall. i found that funny, and then stated what i thought. sorry if that doesnt equal ur standards oh wise thought king

and if sharing ur beliefs is not allowed and should be kept personally, wtf are we all doing here? more importantly, wtf are u doing here always acting as some superior poster with vast football knowledge?

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 08:36 PM

at 6, he listed marshall. i found that funny, and then stated what i thought. sorry if that doesnt equal ur standards oh wise thought king

and if sharing ur beliefs is not allowed and should be kept personally, wtf are we all doing here? more importantly, wtf are u doing here always acting as some superior poster with vast football knowledge?

oops. sorry. reviewing the thread, some one with a diff opinion than him was called homers and dismissed...of course u'd defend that. nevermind me, sorry for voicing my opinion...i'll just stop doing that when it doesnt match up to some ones standards...

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 08:40 PM

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

oh i guess u didnt know either. you should keep this to yourself. in not doing so, u appear to be trying to put down his opinion bc u stated urs. the thought police has ruled on this:

"Fine, its a belief you keep to yourself personally. But if thats the case, dont see why you went out of your way at laughing at rainerjef initially when he said brandon marshall was above nicks

That sounds more like you believing that person is wrong, thus making you vulnerable to any argument, more than you just having only a different opinion and voicing it separately"

Die-Hard
05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Please stop the bickering. People have different opinions, and different ways of expressing those opinions. Some may not like what someone else says, or how they say it, but when that is the case, agreeing to disagree and moving on is the best solution. Instigating a pointless argument is only going to turn ugly.

Neverend
05-03-2012, 09:41 PM

You LAUGHED at his opinion, you found it inferior

I get your opinion, but if you're not interested in any arguments dont go laughing at rainiers statement because he had a different opinion than yours

Neverend
05-03-2012, 09:43 PM

As a giants fan hes naturally going to say Nicks. Its not a bad opinion at all actually, Marshall gets targeted a whole lot more so that explains the production, furthermore Nicks has been injured often in his career and is still much younger then Marshall. When Marshall was in Denver he had the most targets out of any receiver in the entire league. Also, currently, Marshall has one of the highest percentage of drops per catch in the league.

The only real 'advantage' that Marshall has over Nicks is the fact that he is taller. Nicks is faster, has better hands, and he runs better routes. Just my opinion of course.

No, I agree with you. I think Nicks is definitely better than marshall. I just think 420 is making it look like some kind of landslide between the two when he said marshall isnt even close to the same zip code as nicks as far as the last 2-3 years go

miked1958
05-03-2012, 09:46 PM
He should be higher... the only WR in the league better than him are Megatron and MAYBE welker...Agreed

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 09:52 PM

No, I agree with you. I think Nicks is definitely better than marshall. I just think 420 is making it look like some kind of landslide between the two when he said marshall isnt even close to the same zip code as nicks as far as the last 2-3 years go

oh i'm sorry, i hold an opinion...HOW DARE ME...thank you for letting me know i am not entitled to one

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 09:58 PM
and just to clarify my stance, one that neverends feels i shouldnt voice and keep to myself, simply bc it doesnt match his:

Marshall has been targeted, and on teams without other viable options. While he has similar receptions and yards and tds (EVEN THO NICKS HAS SUPERIOR STATS THE PAST TWO SEASONS) Nicks has had MM, and last season Cruz, who have had big years.

Cruz had a tremendous season, in part bc of the attention Nicks requires.

So while Marshall may post similar stats, he isn't elevating or having the pressure taken off him by another wr having big seasons.

Nicks does more than marshall, with less targets, while elevating wr's around him, and being the number 1 wr on a super bowl winning team, all the while not being a head case off the field or on it.

So, in my opinion, Marshall isnt even close to Nicks.
And in terms of strictly stats without context, Nicks has been better the past two seasons.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 10:09 PM
and just to clarify my stance, one that neverends feels i shouldnt voice and keep to myself, simply bc it doesnt match his:

Marshall has been targeted, and on teams without other viable options. While he has similar receptions and yards and tds (EVEN THO NICKS HAS SUPERIOR STATS THE PAST TWO SEASONS) Nicks has had MM, and last season Cruz, who have had big years.

Cruz had a tremendous season, in part bc of the attention Nicks requires.

So while Marshall may post similar stats, he isn't elevating or having the pressure taken off him by another wr having big seasons.

Nicks does more than marshall, with less targets, while elevating wr's around him, and being the number 1 wr on a super bowl winning team, all the while not being a head case off the field or on it.

So, in my opinion, Marshall isnt even close to Nicks.
And in terms of strictly stats without context, Nicks has been better the past two seasons.

and to add, Marshall has been in the league longer. Nicks last 3 years have been his first in the league whereas Marshall has been a veteran...I think that factors into this as well, and all the above combined equate into why I believe Marshall isnt close to the player Nicks is

Neverend
05-03-2012, 10:12 PM

Wow. (/shake my head)

I never once said you weren't allowed to voice your opinion, and explain how I suggested that. I DISAGREED with you

And you shot back by saying its just your personal opinion. So how can you go around laughing at other people opinions and telling them they're wrong, but when someone does the same to you -- you're all like "leave me alone. its just my opinion im entitled to it"

There's nothign wrong with you having a different stance than everyone else. But when you disagree with someone else or laugh at others opinion then there is NOTHING wrong with someone doign that same thing to you

Neverend
05-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Looking at your post above

Why didnt you just say that in the first place? Did you have to go through the whole "its my personal opinion, back off. im allowed to disagree with others but nobody is allowed to disagree with me because im giantsfan420 and im entitled to my own opinion"

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 10:19 PM

Wow. (/shake my head)

I never once said you weren't allowed to voice your opinion, and explain how I suggested that. I DISAGREED with you

And you shot back by saying its just your personal opinion. So how can you go around laughing at other people opinions and telling them they're wrong, but when someone does the same to you -- you're all like "leave me alone. its just my opinion im entitled to it"

There's nothign wrong with you having a different stance than everyone else. But when you disagree with someone else or laugh at others opinion then there is NOTHING wrong with someone doign that same thing to you

WTF are you talking about?

he listed 6 wr;s better than nicks, i laughed at him placing marshall at 6 over nicks, bc it seemed like he was running out of players to list over nicks...

to which i was called a homer and dismissed.

i've stated my opinion, to which in response to completely different posters, posters that even agreed with me, you said how wrong i was...

all u have done for some time now, is comment on me and what i've said, and not even presented your own opinion. you go around acting like some sort of thought police and feel like u must regulate me and put me in my place...

your kind of pathetic, no offense. like just the way ur name, avatar, and way u carry urself as if ur some sort of authority on what i do is pretty hilarious...

with that said, stop singling me out...i noticed that when several other people went HAHAHA Marshall is not better than Nicks, u've had no issue with them. When I do it, it becomes the center of ur attention and u MUST make sure to tell me what to do...get over urself and go back to saying how Reese and Ross are wrong and Randle is not like Nicks, how MM being crafty is ridiculous, how you get sick and tired for people thinking osi is not good vs the run...you know, the typical "your better than everyone else" and not just your recent "your better than me"

PEACE

Neverend
05-03-2012, 10:27 PM
he listed 6 wr;s better than nicks, i laughed at him placing marshall at 6 over nicks, bc it seemed like he was running out of players to list over nicks...

You laughed at his OPINION, which was 6 wide receivers are better than nicks. You thought it was inferior and ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with that, but its hypocritical ("no offense") when you have a problem when others disagree with you ...

all u have done for some time now, is comment on me and what i've said, and not even presented your own opinion.

Are you blind ("no offense")? Is you reading comprehension that terrible.. ("no offense")? I CLEARLY MADE CASE why Nicks and marshall are very comparable because of the QB situation and stats. Good God

you go around acting like some sort of thought police and feel like u must regulate me and put me in my place...

your kind of pathetic, no offense. like just the way ur name, avatar, and way u carry urself as if ur some sort of authority on what i do is pretty hilarious...

personal insults. You call others egotistical in this thread and now im a "police officer" "looking for authority" with a bad avatar and is "pathetic" because I simply disagreed with you. You sir, have serious personal issues. And I love how you insult me but try to save face with the whole "no offense" thing, I can't wait to see you overreact hypocritically with the "no offense" statements i made above

with that said, stop singling me out..

Says the guy who went to the osi thread harassing me and mocking me. I almost feel bad for you

the typical "your better than everyone else" and not just your recent "your better than me"

You go around on threads always laughing at other peoples opinions with "LMFAO". I don't know how me feeling manningham isnt crafty route runner is me "being better than everyone else". You do realize people dont have this insecurity or personal offense over that opinion but you?

nevada11
05-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Giantsfan420. I remember you having a big issue when I replied to your post with "LMAO" when u were sayin wilson can better than richardson. infact u were crying about it

Neverend is right, you do the same thing to other people all the time when u post lmfao. What is your problem when others have a different opinion than you? You are always one of the most immature posters on this message boards. Your posts have the tone like a 12 year old is writing them...

Brandon marshall and nicks are very even in my book. they both have inconsistencies with drops though. its a really tough call but im goin with nicks because im a homer haha

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 10:46 PM
great, now i got two people policing me...better be on my best behavior now

Neverend
05-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Your posts have the tone like a 12 year old is writing them...

Not that I disagree with you here (good one) but Make sure you edit and write "no offense" at the end of your sentence to make your personal insult okay

rainierjef
05-03-2012, 10:48 PM

oops. sorry. reviewing the thread, some one with a diff opinion than him was called homers and dismissed.
i called you a homer and dismissed you no one else; but continue...

good day sir

Neverend
05-03-2012, 10:49 PM

oops. sorry. reviewing the thread, some one with a diff opinion than him was called homers and dismissed.

good day sir

Dont worry about giantsfan420. He's well okay laughing at others opinions and disagreeing with them, but hes some kind of God that nobody can disagree with 420 without him accusing them of saying hes not entitled to his opinion

Next time he laughs at your opinion with "LMFAO" just ignore him

TheEnigma
05-03-2012, 10:59 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg254/scaled.php?server=254&filename=nuclear.gif&res=landing

BOOM! Drama bomb...

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 11:01 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg254/scaled.php?server=254&filename=nuclear.gif&res=landing

BOOM! Drama bomb...

lmao...where do u find all these whatever the mini clips are called...hahaha so funny tho

TheEnigma
05-03-2012, 11:21 PM
lmao...where do u find all these whatever the mini clips are called...hahaha so funny thoThey're called gifs and you just go to a search engine and type _ gif of whatever you are looking for.

In this case, I searched nuclear gif.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 11:31 PM
lmao...where do u find all these whatever the mini clips are called...hahaha so funny thoThey're called gifs and you just go to a search engine and type _ gif of whatever you are looking for.

In this case, I searched nuclear gif.

haha, seems fitting.

GmenFan1980
05-04-2012, 12:41 AM
http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79092&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1319105055

Neverend
05-04-2012, 01:06 AM

So according to giantsfan420, by making this statement above I am:

- Saying he is not entitled to his own opinion, when infact all I did was respectfully disagree
- I did not "present my opinion" (obviously the stupidity giantsfan420 makes with this statement is not worth explaining)
- Im trying to "put him down" (Again.. insecurity issues with this guy. he has serious personal issues.)
- Trying to prove "authority" with him and acting like "the police"
- This is me trying to "regulate" him "put him in his place"
- And I am trying to be "Better than everyone else" (based on his personal insecurities over the internet he has with me)

If he had given his response why he felt marshall isnt close to nicks like he did a few posts above in the first place, this thread wouldn't have turned out the way it did.

His own personal insecurities and immaturity when someone disagrees with him is hilarous. The way giantsfan420 tries to apply the whole "its my opinion, im entitled to it" to every circumstance and situation is utterly stupid. This guy feels he can laugh at others opinions and disagree with them, but nobody can disagree with him -- because its his opinion and can not be argued against because he's some kind of God in his own little world. He brings up random crap like im trying to "be better than everyone else" because I respetcfully disagreed with him. Can a guy try to act like an adult? You know, try to NOT believe everytime someone disagrees with you they're trying to attack you? Dude, be MATURE, by me disagreeing with you its called an argument -- something we do on these message boards because we love the Giants.. its not that anyone is not entitled to their opinion, its called DISCUSSIONS.

Then again, its no surprise why another poster said your posts have the tone of 12 year old. Figures. Youve shown to be an insecure individual that takes things way to literal, like you go around most of the time in these message boards making threads like "WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE" "FLAWLESS DRAFT "BEST WR CORPS IN THE LEAGUE" like some kind of little fanboy. Ur pathetic... "no offense" (<-- quoting you here). Its pointless making this bigger than it is. Truly is a waste of time really, im through with this

giantsfan420
05-04-2012, 01:11 AM
LMFAO...no u dont think ur better than me...and u dont thought police me or try and chaperone me in ur weird, displaced way...

and funny how the person rainier admitted to calling me a homer and dismissing me, which makes all of what ur doing tragically comical

Then again, its no surprise why another poster said your posts have the tone of 12 year old. Figures. Youve shown to be an insecure individual that takes things way to literal, like you go around most of the time in these message boards making threads like "WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE" "FLAWLESS DRAFT "BEST WR CORPS IN THE LEAGUE" like some kind of little fanboy. Ur pathetic.

tell me again how people should be allowed to their opinions and how "i dont allow people to share an opinion thats different than mine and you do"...lmfao seriously lmfao
go through and read the thread from page 1 and tell me i was the one denying another from having an opinion...from the start, rainier was calling people homers, saying if u thought nicks was better than marshal u had ur eyes closed, and just acting superior to anyone who thought differently...of course neverend just singled me out, and attacked me, for absolutely no reason other than i stated an opinion and defended it. go through the thread...neverend can go **** himself

giantsfan420
05-04-2012, 01:16 AM
giantsfan420:

*Neverend:
*giantsfan420:

Fine, its a belief you keep to yourself personally. But if thats the case, dont see why you went out of your way at laughing at rainerjef initially when he said brandon marshall was above nicks*

he listed wr's better over nicks*

at 6, he listed marshall. i found that funny, and then stated what i thought. sorry if that doesnt equal ur standards oh wise thought king*

good day sir

Dont worry about giantsfan420. He's well okay laughing at others opinions and disagreeing with them, but hes some kind of God that nobody can disagree with 420 without him accusing them of saying hes not entitled to his opinion*

Not that I disagree with you here (good one) but Make sure you edit and write "no offense" at the end of your sentence to make your personal insult okay

Next time he laughs at your opinion with "LMFAO" just ignore him

but yeah, "your better than this and its not worth ur time" even tho u took the time to write an essay about how "pathetic" u think i am...

LMFAO @ U

giantsfan420
05-04-2012, 01:18 AM

1. fritz

2. megatron

3. W.Welker

4. A.Johnson
5. roddy white
6. brandon marshall

apparently neverend doesnt need to police u, even tho he let me know how pathetic i am for writing the same thing as u

and its odd that he claims i dont let others have an opinion, yet polices me everytime i share mine

ShakeNBake
05-04-2012, 01:18 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/strongst0rm/Thread_Crap_Wont_Die_RE_mega_zombie_forum-s300x371-97014.jpg

Die-Hard
05-04-2012, 05:39 AM
When you complain about someone attacking you repeatedly, but then turn around and repeatedly attack that person yourself, it's not going to end well for either of you. You were both warned to stop.

Thread closed