PDA

View Full Version : And Hixon goes Where?

jints1964
05-03-2012, 10:30 AM
First off Hixon is gutsy player who wants back in but where does he fit on the roster and can we use his pay else where even if its minimal.
He was picked 130th in 2006 by the Broncos and hurt his foot and didn't play at all that year. We get him and, due to 2 season ending knee injuries, he played, only 48 games in 5 years. He had only 838 yds in receptions or 17yds per game avg.
He was a good return man and we wanted to see him get the ball but with our lack of a good return game I think anyone who gets to the 35 will look great. Besides, the change in kickoff placement is making this almost a touch back leauge.
In posts here guys are talking about the 3rd guy being JJ, Barden or the rookie. Haven't heard Hixon's name mentioned. I really hope the best for Hixon but even at this point, he's not fully cleared and hasn't taken any contact reps. Any ideas, I know people will mention him in the slot but but I think we can cover that.

buddy33
05-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Two major injuries to the same knee in just a little over a year is nothing to take lightly.

I do have my doubts, but I hope he proves me wrong. They are getting better and better at these types of surgeries, but I never heard about a situation like his. I trust the medical staff. He may not be ready to start the season but they hold on to him for later in the season.

Don't forget they just drafted two guys that can run back kicks.

Spedracer
05-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Hixon is great depth at WR. Until he proves he has recovered and can win the 3rd spot like last year, he is just that...great depth.

radar-ray
05-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Hixon is great depth at WR. Until he proves he has recovered and can win the 3rd spot like last year, he is just that...great depth.This, and until proven otherwise he is by far the best KR/PR that we have. The others we have tried so far have been bad to mediocre at best. Hope he can stay healthy.

Joe Morrison
05-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Have to agree, Special Teams is where he will be needed, good for coming in as 3rd guy on offense, but Giants really need to sure up their return game.</P>

Hixon on one leg would have beat out everyone who has tried to replace him.</P>

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 12:12 PM
First off Hixon is gutsy player who wants back in but where does he fit on the roster and can we use his pay else where even if its minimal.
He was picked 130th in 2006 by the Broncos and hurt his foot and didn't play at all that year. We get him and, due to 2 season ending knee injuries, he played, only 48 games in 5 years. He had only 838 yds in receptions or 17yds per game avg.
He was a good return man and we wanted to see him get the ball but with our lack of a good return game I think anyone who gets to the 35 will look great. Besides, the change in kickoff placement is making this almost a touch back leauge.
In posts here guys are talking about the 3rd guy being JJ, Barden or the rookie. Haven't heard Hixon's name mentioned. I really hope the best for Hixon but even at this point, he's not fully cleared and hasn't taken any contact reps. Any ideas, I know people will mention him in the slot but but I think we can cover that.

If/when healthy, Hixon should probably beat out all of those guys for the #3 spot.

Then in two weeks when his blows his ACL again, it's their turn to step in/up.

radar-ray
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
If/when healthy, Hixon should probably beat out all of those guys for the #3 spot. Then in two weeks when his blows his ACL again, it's their turn to step in/up.Unfortunately, that scenario is entirely possible.

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Special teams and WR depth. Hixon is one of the best kick off returners we've ever had. He's better than JJ by a mile.

Mod_C
05-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Hixon is great depth at WR. Until he proves he has recovered and can win the 3rd spot like last year, he is just that...great depth.

They resigned him for a reason

JMFP2
05-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I am totally not counting on Hixon this season.

When he's healthy he's productive.

But he's injury prone, and is not tough against press coverage.

Whatever happens, happens, but I'm not expecting anything.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 02:07 PM

Even though he holds the franchise record for most all-purpose yards gained in a single game, has great hands and runs great routes?

nygsb42champs
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
I think we have to see if he is 100% before we start trying to see how he fits in.

alau53
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
i want hixon returning kicks..they going gaga over wilson but he only averaged 22 yards on k/o..that would put him close to last.wilson goes backwards & loses yardage which will make TC go crazy..not to mention fumbles..cant believe they had wilson rated higher than martin..

greenca190
05-03-2012, 02:18 PM

Even though he holds the franchise record for most all-purpose yards gained in a single game, has great hands and runs great routes?

Terrible logic.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 02:24 PM

Terrible logic.

And he's never fumbled in the NFL

What has logic got to do with a statistic? If you want to use logic he's the only receiver behind Nicks and Cruz who has proven NFL skill sets as both a return man, gunner, and receiver.

NYGinIN
05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
He'll come in and compete just like everyone else and he'll get his shot to prove he's healthy and up to speed. If he isn't, he'll get cut.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
He'll come in and compete just like everyone else and he'll get his shot to prove he's healthy and up to speed. If he isn't, he'll get cut.

That's about right

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 02:37 PM

RF be serious. The large majority of the yards were on special teams. He's not a great route runner. SS, Nicks, Cruz, MM, all run bettter routes than him. Yes MM runs great routes with the exception of no tleaving Eli enough room between him and the sideline on vertical routes.

Hixon's value is at special teams, returning punts and kickoffs. Even before the knee injuries he was a mediocre WR at best.

buddy33
05-03-2012, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't say he is a shoe in as a return man either. They have JJ, Scott, and tow guys they just drafted that will probably compete for that job.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 02:42 PM

RF be serious. The large majority of the yards were on special teams. He's not a great route runner. SS, Nicks, Cruz, MM, all run bettter routes than him. Yes MM runs great routes with the exception of no tleaving Eli enough room between him and the sideline on vertical routes.

Hixon's value is at special teams, returning punts and kickoffs. Even before the knee injuries he was a mediocre WR at best.

We'll just have to see how it all shakes out. SS and MM aren't factors anymore as they've left the team. Barden or Jernigan have not done anything that automatically puts them ahead of Hixon. They may yet do that and we'll see how that goes in camp and pre-season.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't say he is a shoe in as a return man either. They have JJ, Scott, and tow guys they just drafted that will probably compete for that job.

I hope no one is considered a "shoe in." The best we can get after camp and pre-season is what we need whoever that is.

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 02:58 PM

We'll just have to see how it all shakes out.* SS and MM aren't factors anymore as they've left the team.* Barden or Jernigan have not done anything that automatically puts them ahead of Hixon.* They may yet do that and we'll see how that goes in camp and pre-season.

He led the league when he was returning kickoffs. He did it with consistency. As good as he was I would think he would be an automatic for KR and PR b/c JJ didn't do squat last year.

I think your right about JJ and Barden. Neither have proven anything. I just like Barden from the few plays he's made. Hixon could very well take the #3rd WR. He's been on the field more than both JJ and Barden combined. He's a good guy so I hope he makes the team.

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 03:01 PM

I hope no one is considered a "shoe in."* The best we can get after camp and pre-season is what we need whoever that is.

Didin't Hixon lead the league in Kick returns and finish in the top 5 for like 2 years before the ACLs. JJ sucked last year. IDK what Scott can do. If Hixon recovers fully I put my money on him at KR.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 03:04 PM

I hope no one is considered a "shoe in." The best we can get after camp and pre-season is what we need whoever that is.

Didin't Hixon lead the league in Kick returns and finish in the top 5 for like 2 years before the ACLs. JJ sucked last year. IDK what Scott can do. If Hixon recovers fully I put my money on him at KR.

He may have, I can't find any stats. But the thing I like about Hixon is he catches the ball, looks and goes UP FIELD. No sideline to sideline garbage.

EDIT:
<table class="sortable stats_table row_summable row_summable" id="returns" style="border-collapse: collapse; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; font-size: 0.6875em; margin-bottom: 1em; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-image: initial; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><thead><tr class="" style="vertical-align: top; "><th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="left">Year</th><th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">Age</th><th class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="left">Tm</th><th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="left">Pos</th><th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">No.</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">G</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">GS</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">Ret</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">Yds</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">TD</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">Lng</th><th class="tooltip hide_non_quals" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">Y/R</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">Rt</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">Yds</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">TD</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">Lng</th><th class="tooltip hide_non_quals" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">Y/Rt</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">APYd</th><th class="tooltip" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(170, 0, 0); cursor: pointer; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; background-color: rgb(218, 220, 222); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; " align="center">AV</th></tr></thead></table><table class="sortable stats_table row_summable row_summable" id="returns" style="border-collapse: collapse; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; font-size: 0.6875em; margin-bottom: 1em; border-top-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-right-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-bottom-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-left-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-image: initial; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><tbody><tr class="full_table" id="returns.2008" data-row="3" style="vertical-align: top; "><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: solid; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="left">2008 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/)</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">24</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="left">NYG (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2008.htm)</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="left">PR/wr</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">87</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">16</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">7</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">24</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">242</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">0</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">50</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">10.1</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">3</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">180</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">0</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">83</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">60.0</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">1044</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">7</td></tr><tr class="full_table hl" id="returns.2009" data-row="4" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 170) !important; vertical-align: top; "><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: solid; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="left">2009 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2009/)</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">25</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="left">NYG (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2009.htm)</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="left">KR/PR</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">87</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">14</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">2</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">17</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">256</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">1</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">79</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">15.1</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">57</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">1291</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">0</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">68</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">22.6</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">1734</td><td style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-top-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-right-color: rgb(116, 118, 120); border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); border-left-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); vertical-align: inherit; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; white-space: nowrap !important; " align="right">3</td></tr></tbody></table>

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 03:11 PM

I hope no one is considered a "shoe in."* The best we can get after camp and pre-season is what we need whoever that is.

Yeah I'm with you, but for all his speed, catching ability, and elusiveness it never seemed to translate to onfield production at WR. I kept waiting for the guy to blow up and it never really happened then he got injured. I guess speed height, and good hands are not everything.

He may have, I can't find any stats.* But the thing I like about Hixon is he catches the ball, looks and goes UP FIELD.* No sideline to sideline garbage.

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Yeah I'm with you, but for all his speed, catching ability, and elusiveness it never seemed to translate to onfield production at WR. I kept waiting for the guy to blow up and it never really happened then he got injured. I guess speed height, and good hands are not everything.

He may have, I can't find any stats.* But the thing I like about Hixon is he catches the ball, looks and goes UP FIELD.* No sideline to sideline garbage.

Yeah I feel you, but the thing is despite his great speed, height, and catching ability he never translated any of it to on the field production. I kept waiting for him to blow up and he never did, then he got hurt. I thought with his height, speed, and catching ability he was a lock, but it didn't work out that way.

B&RWarrior
05-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Yeah I feel you, but the thing is despite his great speed, height, and catching ability he never translated any of it to on the field production. I kept waiting for him to blow up and he never did, then he got hurt. I thought with his height, speed, and catching ability he was a lock, but it didn't work out that way.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 03:42 PM

He may have, I can't find any stats. But the thing I like about Hixon is he catches the ball, looks and goes UP FIELD. No sideline to sideline garbage.

I'm not suggesting he's THE answer. I'm suggesting he's the only one right now who has proven skill sets. He will compete with the rest of the herd.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 04:14 PM

Has great hands ... sometimes.

Remember, the reason he didn't make it as a #1 WR was that he couldn't produce consistantly.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 04:17 PM

This is simply not true.

Hixon runs better routes then any of our current starting receivers (and did you really put MM up there as a good route runner?! /boggle). You've never seen Hixon once cause an Eli interception whereas we've seen them with Nicks, Cruz, MM and Steve Smith (although I would put Steve Smith on a par with Hixon route running wise).

Hixon's issues (besides injuries) was that he couldn't hold on to the ball all the time (especially in big spots) and he's not a particularly physical receiver nor does he have great balance (i.e. he gets lost in a crowd and has problems catching on the run).

If Hixon doesn't go down last year, he's our #2 receiver going into 2012 and Cruz never steps on to the field.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Remember, the reason he didn't make it as a #1 WR was that he couldn't produce consistantly.

No, I don't remember that. He has always played behind better players. He was never a consideration for # 1 or even # 2 and I love the guy

G-Man67
05-03-2012, 04:21 PM
dont count Hixon out ... he's a tough minded, hard nosed, scrappy dude ... he may play his way on the roster on STs alone</P>

obviously it's no guarantee he makes the team, but would anyone be shocked if, say, a Ramses Barden got hurt in camp? ... not to jinx him</P>

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 04:24 PM
dont count Hixon out ... he's a tough minded, hard nosed, scrappy dude ... he may play his way on the roster on STs alone</p>

obviously it's no guarantee he makes the team, but would anyone be shocked if, say, a Ramses Barden got hurt in camp? ... not to jinx him</p>

He is the last effective return man we've had. No one has come close to replacing him, even though he missed two years with injuries

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 04:26 PM

No, I don't remember that.* He has always played behind better players.* He was never a consideration for # 1 or even # 2 and I love the guy

You getting old on us RF?

In 2008 when Plax went down, he was our #1 receiver for two games and continued to be in the mix for that spot for the rest of the season (and post season).

Until he dropped a wide open 45 yard bomb from Eli ... twice. He was definitely our #2 going into the 2009 season with a great shot at becoming our #1 until Steve Smith turned into Mr. Consistancy and Nicks started to flash.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 04:29 PM
dont count Hixon out ... he's a tough minded, hard nosed, scrappy dude ... he may play his way on the roster on STs alone</P>

obviously it's no guarantee he makes the team, but would anyone be shocked if, say, a Ramses Barden got hurt in camp? ... not to jinx him</P>

The only way Hixon doesn't make the team is if his knee hasn't responded to the surgery well. Otherwise he's heads and tails better than Barden (night and day) and more of a known commodity then JJ.

G-Man67
05-03-2012, 04:32 PM

The only way Hixon doesn't make the team is if his knee hasn't responded to the surgery well. Otherwise he's heads and tails better than Barden (night and day) and more of a known commodity then JJ.</P>

agreed on Barden and Barden has also had injuries ... but i don't think we want to give up on JJ yet</P>

and, yes, let's pray Hixon's knee not only is good to go, but holds up throughout the season</P>

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 04:34 PM

The only way Hixon doesn't make the team is if his knee hasn't responded to the surgery well. Otherwise he's heads and tails better than Barden (night and day) and more of a known commodity then JJ.</P>

agreed on Barden and Barden has also had injuries ... but i don't think we want to give up on JJ yet</P>

and, yes, let's pray Hixon's knee not only is good to go, but holds up throughout the season</P>

Oh I wasn't saying to give up on JJ by any stretch ... just that we don't know what we have with him yet.

I'm not sure why Barden is even still on the team tbh.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 04:38 PM

No, I don't remember that. He has always played behind better players. He was never a consideration for # 1 or even # 2 and I love the guy

In 2008 when Plax went down, he was our #1 receiver for two games and continued to be in the mix for that spot for the rest of the season (and post season).

Until he dropped a wide open 45 yard bomb from Eli ... twice. He was definitely our #2 going into the 2009 season with a great shot at becoming our #1 until Steve Smith turned into Mr. Consistancy and Nicks started to flash.

That's different, He always steps up when called upon. That's different than competing for # 1.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 04:40 PM
dont count Hixon out ... he's a tough minded, hard nosed, scrappy dude ... he may play his way on the roster on STs alone</p>

obviously it's no guarantee he makes the team, but would anyone be shocked if, say, a Ramses Barden got hurt in camp? ... not to jinx him</p>

The only way Hixon doesn't make the team is if his knee hasn't responded to the surgery well. Otherwise he's heads and tails better than Barden (night and day) and more of a known commodity then JJ.</p>

agreed on Barden and Barden has also had injuries ... but i don't think we want to give up on JJ yet</p>

and, yes, let's pray Hixon's knee not only is good to go, but holds up throughout the season</p>

JJ is here to stay until he proves he can't contribute. We develop players and last year was a wash for many rookies due to the CBA squabble.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 04:48 PM

No, I don't remember that.* He has always played behind better players.* He was never a consideration for # 1 or even # 2 and I love the guy

That's different,* He always steps up when called upon.* That's different than competing for # 1.

I don't see how that's different. We didn't have a #1 receiver and we weren't going to have one (at least for the rest of that season (2008)).

The reason he didn't make the #1 receiver role was specifically because he didn't step up but he was afforded the opportunity.

Had he, we probably don't draft Nicks in 2009.

Hixon is a great 3rd receiver and a fair 2nd receiver (when healthy of course).

But he hasn't manifested himself as a "go to" guy who can step his game up. Each time he's tried he's either failed (2008-2009) or gotten injured (2010-2011). He seems to flash his best when no expectations are on him (and while doing KR/PR duty).

This guy couldn't beat out MM for the #2 spot in 2009 and MM wasn't exactly the model of consistancy either.

I love Domenick Hixon ... but as a 3rd receiver, and KR/PR. I don't agree with some of your descriptions of him however (great hands, steps up, etc ...).

That was the only point I was trying to make.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 04:50 PM
JJ is here to stay until he proves he can't contribute.*

That's pretty much true of the entire 53-man roster.

However we do tend to hold on to 3rd round and above draft picks (that seems to be our cutoff point) abnormally long.

Hence why Barden is still here.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 04:51 PM

That's different, He always steps up when called upon. That's different than competing for # 1.

I don't see how that's different. We didn't have a #1 receiver and we weren't going to have one (at least for the rest of that season (2008)).

The reason he didn't make the #1 receiver role was specifically because he didn't step up but he was afforded the opportunity.

Had he, we probably don't draft Nicks in 2009.

Hixon is a great 3rd receiver and a fair 2nd receiver (when healthy of course).

But he hasn't manifested himself as a "go to" guy who can step his game up. Each time he's tried he's either failed (2008-2009) or gotten injured (2010-2011). He seems to flash his best when no expectations are on him (and while doing KR/PR duty).

This guy couldn't beat out MM for the #2 spot in 2009 and MM wasn't exactly the model of consistancy either.

I love Domenick Hixon ... but as a 3rd receiver, and KR/PR. I don't agree with some of your descriptions of him however (great hands, steps up, etc ...).

That was the only point I was trying to make.

Many people don't agree with me, that's what the MB is all about.

JMFP2
05-03-2012, 05:20 PM

Agreed.

I'm not knocking Hixon.

When Plaxico went down, he stepped in and did a nice job. Eventually, though, defenses discovered he could be neutralized in press coverage because he's just not a physical receiver.....that's one reason why the Giants faded down the stretch.

As a returner, he's done a nice job. I have no issues seeing him complete for a position.

But I doubt if he can stay healthy, and the Giants have upgraded the WR posiition to the point where I think he'd be buried on the depth chart.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 05:26 PM

Agreed.

I'm not knocking Hixon.

When Plaxico went down, he stepped in and did a nice job. Eventually, though, defenses discovered he could be neutralized in press coverage because he's just not a physical receiver.....that's one reason why the Giants faded down the stretch.

As a returner, he's done a nice job. I have no issues seeing him complete for a position.

But I doubt if he can stay healthy, and the Giants have upgraded the WR posiition to the point where I think he'd be buried on the depth chart.

My point has been that Hixon could start the season at # 3 WR.

JMFP2
05-03-2012, 05:33 PM

Agreed.

I'm not knocking Hixon.

If he beats everyone else out, yeah, in theory I could see that happening.

But I doubt it.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 07:02 PM

Agreed.

I'm not knocking Hixon.

If he beats everyone else out, yeah, in theory I could see that happening.

But I doubt it.

No surprise there

allentown PA
05-03-2012, 07:07 PM
big fan of hixon's but I just dont know...randle an JJ are younger and healthier it will be interesting to see...whatever happens we have depth at that position imo...dont forget about how good of a special teams player hixon is as well.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 07:10 PM
big fan of hixon's but I just dont know...randle an JJ are younger and healthier it will be interesting to see...whatever happens we have depth at that position imo...dont forget about how good of a special teams player hixon is as well.

Randle or JJ may well end up at # 3, but I'm thinking not at the start of the season. There is a learning curve to be considered. I can't wait for the competition to begin.

allentown PA
05-03-2012, 07:21 PM

Randle or JJ may well end up at # 3, but I'm thinking not at the start of the season.* There is a learning curve to be considered.* I can't wait for the competition to begin.

good point..especially considering how T.C doesnt play rookies rite away and JJ is still very raw.

Mod_C
05-03-2012, 07:24 PM

Randle or JJ may well end up at # 3, but I'm thinking not at the start of the season. There is a learning curve to be considered. I can't wait for the competition to begin.

good point..especially considering how T.C doesnt play rookies rite away and JJ is still very raw.

JJ didn't have the benefit of a real off season to adjust. I suspect he will be better this year but, as has been said, maybe after a few games as opposed to game 1.

allentown PA
05-03-2012, 07:26 PM

Randle or JJ may well end up at # 3, but I'm thinking not at the start of the season.* There is a learning curve to be considered.* I can't wait for the competition to begin.

JJ didn't have the benefit of a real off season to adjust.* I suspect he will be better this year but, as has been said, maybe after a few games as opposed to game 1.

another good point, I agree...Im excited to se what JJ can do..all this competition should produce some nice players imo.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 07:29 PM

JJ didn't have the benefit of a real off season to adjust. I suspect he will be better this year but, as has been said, maybe after a few games as opposed to game 1.

another good point, I agree...Im excited to se what JJ can do..all this competition should produce some nice players imo.

We need some of these guys to step up, for sure.