PDA

View Full Version : Ravens interested in Osi?

Neverend
05-03-2012, 12:02 PM
They drafted upshaw, but could Osi be a fit in their defense?

They were moderately interested last year. losing suggs really hurts them

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Kind of late in the day for that no?

(not to mention wrong scheme)

CGYgiant
05-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Suggs played DE quite a bit last year, they would love to have Osi IMO. Right now they have no pass rush..

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 12:18 PM

Suggs played DE quite a bit last year, they would love to have Osi IMO. Right now they have no pass rush..

When playing DE (his original position I might add) Suggs is a complete DE.

Osi is not.

Not to mention Osi wants to be paid more then Suggs is getting (lol).

burier
05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Are they gonna give up a 2nd or maybe a 3rd for him? Because if not the deal aint happening regardless.

CGYgiant
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM

Osi is not.

Well there is no doubt that Suggs is a better DE, however, all they have behind Suggs is Upshaw I think? I think Osi is most defnietly better.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 12:26 PM

Osi is not.

Well there is no doubt that Suggs is a better DE, however, all they have behind Suggs is Upshaw I think? I think Osi is most defnietly better.

Better than Upshaw? Absolutely.

Osi is better than any rookie who hasn't played an NFL down yet.

However if you include salary desires, I don't think the Ravens would be interested in either paying Osi, or giving up draft picks for a one year filler.

I could be wrong though.

CGYgiant
05-03-2012, 12:36 PM

Osi is not.

However if you include salary desires, I don't think the Ravens would be interested in either paying Osi, or giving up draft picks for a one year filler.

I could be wrong though.

I hear you, although the Ravens are built to win now. Reed and Lewis aren't getting any younger and I think they would push for this move.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 12:40 PM

Osi is not.

I could be wrong though.

I hear you, although the Ravens are built to win now. Reed and Lewis aren't getting any younger and I think they would push for this move.

True ... it will be interesting to see if Ozzie caves or not under the pressure to win now.

And I *think* Osi is the only pass rusher of his calibre that is remotely available right now.

Spizi
05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Osi for Oher straight up? haha if we're taking draft picks I wouldn't do it for anything less than a second.

CDN_G-FAN
05-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Kind of late in the day for that no? (not to mention wrong scheme)

When playing DE (his original position I might add) Suggs is a complete DE. Osi is not. Not to mention Osi wants to be paid more then Suggs is getting (lol).

Better than Upshaw? Absolutely. Osi is better than any rookie who hasn't played an NFL down yet. However if you include salary desires, I don't think the Ravens would be interested in either paying Osi, or giving up draft picks for a one year filler. I could be wrong though.

</P>

Meh. Do they think they're an Osi away from a winner? i doubt it.</P>

and evenless so if they have to replace both of those guys in a year or two.</P>

i'd want all the 2nd and 3rd draft picks i have to make sure i can backfill my roster after losing near HOF LBer and safety, neither of which are replaced by Osi.</P>

it just highlights how low Osi's market value is relative to his on field value.</P>

He wants a huge contract, is older, and has some injury issues. That just doesn't translate well to top tier trade bait.</P>

</P>

Spedracer
05-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Hypothetically...Would knowing that they play the Ravens this year have any bearing on whether the Giants would deal Osi to the them?

JMFP2
05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Kind of late in the day for that no? (not to mention wrong scheme)

When playing DE (his original position I might add) Suggs is a complete DE. Osi is not. Not to mention Osi wants to be paid more then Suggs is getting (lol).

Better than Upshaw? Absolutely. Osi is better than any rookie who hasn't played an NFL down yet. However if you include salary desires, I don't think the Ravens would be interested in either paying Osi, or giving up draft picks for a one year filler. I could be wrong though.

</P>

Meh.* Do they think they're an Osi away from a winner?* i doubt it.</P>

and even*less so if they have to replace both of those guys in a year or two.</P>

i'd want all the 2nd and 3rd draft picks i have to make sure i can backfill my roster after losing near HOF LBer and safety, neither of which are replaced by Osi.</P>

it just highlights how low Osi's market value is relative to his on field value.</P>

He wants a huge contract, is older, and has some injury issues.* That just doesn't translate well to top tier trade bait.</P>

*</P>

Good points.....and on top of that, the Ravens GM (Ozzie Newsome) is one of the best in the business.....he's very much like Reese in terms of looking long term, which is one reason why the Ravens are perennial contenders in the AFC.

Still though, with Suggs down, the OP makes raises an interesting topic.

GiantPride27
05-03-2012, 01:51 PM

I dont think Osi is going anywhere... we didnt pick up a DE in FA or the Draft, we lose Osi we are down to 2 DEs and out strong DL Got alot weaker

domfin
05-03-2012, 01:52 PM
OSi and Beatty to Miami for Long.

radar-ray
05-03-2012, 01:55 PM
They drafted upshaw, but could Osi be a fit in their defense? They were moderately interested last year. losing suggs really hurts them I dont think Osi is going anywhere... we didnt pick up a DE in FA or the Draft, we lose Osi we are down to 2 DEs and out strong DL Got alot weakerThis, this and this!

JMFP2
05-03-2012, 01:56 PM

I dont think Osi is going anywhere... we didnt pick up a DE in FA or the Draft, we lose Osi we are down to 2 DEs and out strong DL Got alot weaker

I hope you're right.

Keep hearing all this "backup DE" talk about Osi.....but given a full schedule, injuries, and the rotation of players, Osi is not a backup in any practical sense of the term.

Giants have a huge luxury with having a #3 DE that would be the #1 pass rusher for most teams in the NFL.....really hope they keep him, especially after losing Tollefson.

Osi is totally worth the aggravation he generates.

Mod_C
05-03-2012, 01:58 PM
OSi and Beatty to Miami for Long.

You want to get rid of our Left Tackle?

Mod_C
05-03-2012, 01:59 PM

<font color="#0000FF">
I dont think Osi is going anywhere.</font>.. we didnt pick up a DE in FA or the Draft, we lose Osi we are down to 2 DEs and out strong DL Got alot weaker

There's an article in today's new thread that suggest just this.

rainierjef
05-03-2012, 02:03 PM

this is sad.

normally by the 2nd or 3rd thread someone would post wheres the link? but people want to get rid of osi so.... bad they don't even care lol just bitting at the idea.

i will say this though i am surprised that it wasn't Roan that started this thread. =/

nygsb42champs
05-03-2012, 02:12 PM
They would not pay Osi what he wants either.

TuckYou
05-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Upshaw is going to be their new Suggs. Upshaw is going to be a beast, especially there.

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 05:18 PM

this is sad.

normally by the 2nd or 3rd thread someone would post wheres the link? but people want to get rid of osi so.... bad they don't even care lol just bitting at the idea.

i will say this though i am surprised that it wasn't Roan that started this thread. =/

Will wonders never cease? Do you realize I post news articles almost exclusively? I rarely start a thread otherwise. I do not create the news, I just put it out there.

When I post news articles there is always a link.

It's really not about getting rid of Osi, it's dispensing with the drama he creates

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 09:46 PM

this is sad.

Will wonders never cease?* Do you realize I post news articles almost exclusively?* I rarely start a thread otherwise.* I do not create the news, I just put it out there.

It's really not about getting rid of Osi, it's dispensing with the drama he creates

i think u missed the memo too. apparently he and a few others are top dogs here, know all, and anyone with a diff opinion shouldnt post and keep it to themselves...

and i dont know wth he's talking about, all u do is post valuable news articles

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 10:09 PM

this is sad.

Will wonders never cease? Do you realize I post news articles almost exclusively? I rarely start a thread otherwise. I do not create the news, I just put it out there.

i think u missed the memo too. apparently he and a few others are top dogs here, know all, and anyone with a diff opinion shouldnt post and keep it to themselves...

and i dont know wth he's talking about, all u do is post valuable news articles

It's like the three stooges lol

Life is good

ShakeNBake
05-03-2012, 10:14 PM

this is sad.

I always get a good laugh when posters think the news articles you post are written by you

RoanokeFan
05-03-2012, 10:26 PM

this is sad.

I always get a good laugh when posters think the news articles you post are written by you

I do everything but put a picture of the author up with each article lol