PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson vs. Ahmad Bradshaw

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Question: If Dave Wilson has the same stats as AB 4 years from now would you be satisfied with this pick?

Remember, AB has only broken 800 yards once in his career.

Spedracer
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Answer: No.

But keep in mind, Ahmad is a damn good running back. He just can't stay on the field. He has top 5 ability but is just too fragile.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Answer: No.

But keep in mind, Ahmad is a damn good running back. He just can't stay on the field. He has top 5 ability but is just too fragile.

I tend to agree.

Spizi
05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Question: If Dave Wilson has the same stats as AB 4 years from now would you be satisfied with this pick?

Hell no. Although Wilson is a 1st round RB, he was picked at 32 so I don't expect 1500 yards a year. I do however expect 1000 yard seasons once he becomes the full time back. He has an elite skill set so 1200 plus wouldnt surprise me.

Vtgmenfan89
05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
No. Wilson is a 1st rounder and Bradshaw was a 7th. He has exceeded expectations immensely. Wilson has to come in and make an immediate impact as a 1st rounder, and continue to do so for years to come. I only hope Gilbride knows how to use him...he reminds me a lot of Sproles with his quick cuts and acceleration, only bigger. I also hope we get the O-line sorted out, otherwise this will be a waste of a 1st round pick almost regardless as he will have nowhere to run. RB's can't do it alone consistently, regardless of where they were picked or how good they are.

allentown PA
05-03-2012, 01:08 PM

depends on if Wilson is the primary back used, if thats the case then no, but if we are using a 2 back system which is likely then I don't think I would be dissapointed if he had bradshaw's numbers.

JMFP2
05-03-2012, 01:54 PM
As others have pointed out, this is sort of an apples v. oranges debate.

Bradshaw was a platoon player for much of his career, and as a 7th round pick, was an instant steal when he finally got the carries.

Wilson will be the eventual starter, must likely getting 60/70% of the workload in the next couple years.

It will be interesting to see how quickly he picks up blocking, because if he can't do that, he won't see much time in the backfield.

Something tells me he's going to be a capable blocker, and will get his share of carries....especially if Bradshaws feet remain problems (which is what I totally expect).

nygsb42champs
05-03-2012, 02:15 PM
No. As good as AB is his stats are not what a 1st rounder should put up.

TuckYou
05-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Bradshaw was rated as a 3rd round back, before he got in trouble off the field. Lots of teams took him off their boards, which is why he slipped to the 7th round. Unfortunately, I see Chris Polk being a bigger Bradshaw. I think Polk is like 5'10. He slipped because of injuries.