PDA

View Full Version : You guys think

Lambeau12
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
If we would have somehow beat you guys in the divisional round you think we would have had a chance to win it all in your opinions? I think we would have honestly. You guys were the team or are the team I dont want to face in the postseason. I felt we could have beaten SF and NE.

NYFan221
05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
if u played San Fran the way youu played against us, you would've lost.

If you played the the way that got you to 15-1, you would've won against us and san fran, NE would've been interesting.

ashleymarie
05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
San Fran is/was tough. I would say SF would have had the edge over you guysb/c of youhaving the worst defense. Plus Rodgers was out of focus, not playing like his old self. But who knows? It would have been a good game. [:D]</P>

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 03:23 PM
If we would have somehow beat you guys in the divisional round you think we would have had a chance to win it all in your opinions? I think we would have honestly. You guys were the team or are the team I dont want to face in the postseason. I felt we could have beaten SF and NE.

Oh yeah in a heartbeat (although the 49ers/Packers game would have been really tough).

Pats/Packers would have been interesting as well and most likely, really high scoring. I might give an edge to the Pats there only because their defense showed up in the post-season (hindsight being what it is).

SweetZombieJesus
05-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Probably but I have to wonder about a SF-GB matchup. SF was super physical, not so sure you would have won that one.

Looking at your schedule I didn't see Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or a similar physical team on there. How do you think the 2011 Packers would have done against such a defense?

Personally I think the only reason we won against SF was ball security -- our guys played duck and cover when anybody came near them, their guys were always trying for extra yards and it cost them the game. That and Eli was a tough SOB that game, took unmerciful hit after hit and kept getting back up.

Flip Empty
05-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I reckon SF was the biggest hurdle. Barring Atlanta and Detroit, I think any NFC team could've beaten the Patriots.

miked1958
05-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Agree

Manstache
05-03-2012, 09:57 PM
naw. yall too soft too beat s.f, as u will see week 1. but against the pats??????? u prolly woulda got blew out also. yall d was like 3rd worst in history. smh........

Lambeau12
05-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Too soft to beat SF. I dont think so. We would have beat them in lambeau. It would have been a low scoring game but we would have beat them. New England would have been a 45-38 type game, high scoring and a few turnovers. SF was a really good team but we will smack them around in week 1. They wont be as good as this last season.

YATittle1962
05-03-2012, 10:29 PM
San Fran would have taken Rodgers out of the game

YATittle1962
05-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Too soft to beat SF. I dont think so. We would have beat them in lambeau.

should have beat the Giants in Lambeau to though right?

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 10:40 PM
San Fran would have taken Rodgers out of the game

i still dont know how eli got through the game. that one play where 3 sf defenders were running free at eli...the a.smith hit that knocked eli's helmet almost off his head...

SF has a better OL tho, much better with how they played last season plus rodgers is pretty mobile...

who knows what would have happened, what did happen was gb couldnt beat us, dont know how they woulda fared against SF

XxBigWhitxX
05-03-2012, 10:48 PM
I'd have to say no for this reason. SF had the defense too stop your offense but your defense would struggle because they thrive on turnovers and SF turned over ratio was the best in the league because they play grind it out defense. It would have been a really tough match up for you guys. Willis has the speed and size to stay with Finley, They have great safeties and pass rusher in Aldon Smith.

chasjay
05-03-2012, 10:53 PM
I enjoy your topics and your outlooks - BUT - I just don't believe you can play "what - if" with NFL games - especially playoff games. At least I can't do it, because it requires you to assume. On paper, you would have won it all - including your game against us. But paper has a way of going up in smoke.

I'm looking forward to this year's matchup(s) - but don't have a clue what will happen.

Lambeau12
05-03-2012, 10:54 PM

Well no but I think we could have beat SF. We will in week 1.

Lambeau12
05-03-2012, 10:55 PM

Rodgers is very tough. He hardly gets knocked out of any games.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 10:58 PM

but he cant compare to eli in that regard, eli aint never been knocked out a game or even miss a game...the closest i think was when he got plantar fascitis (sp) and even then, he returned to throw a td pass before taking the rest of the day off and that was years ago

Lambeau12
05-03-2012, 11:05 PM

but he cant compare to eli in that regard, eli aint never been knocked out a game or even miss a game...the closest i think was when he got plantar fascitis (sp) and even then, he returned to throw a td pass before taking the rest of the day off and that was years ago
I disagree. He is as tough as Eli. Rodgers did miss one game due to a concussion but came back the next week having the best game of his career.

giantsfan420
05-03-2012, 11:06 PM

I disagree. He is as tough as Eli. Rodgers did miss one game due to a concussion but came back the next week having the best game of his career.

dont remind me, that game of his career was vs us to knock us out of the playoffs and get u guys in where u went on that run...

but i dunno, i cant say any qb is as tough as eli. jmho tho, i thought rodgers has had a couple concussions tho?

NY_Eli
05-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Truth is the Packers that the Giants faced were the 3rd best team they played in the playoffs.

If we're talking regular season Packers, maybe. But the ones we played in the playoffs probably would not have beaten San Francisco or New England.

Lambeau12
05-03-2012, 11:12 PM
He had another one at the end of an overtime loss against the Redskins the year we won the super bowl. He played the next week against Miami. You could tell he wasn't 100% in that game after his concussion.

Lambeau12
05-03-2012, 11:19 PM
We played you in week 16. We really didnt destroy you. I think it was a close game tell the end of the third quarter.

Slunk3AM
05-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Had GB beaten us I definitely think it would have been a possibility they could have won it all. SF was tough - but I don't think they would have been as confident facing the Packers than when they found out they were facing the Giants.

I think SF would have gotten to Rodgers for sure - GB would have required a level of toughness to beat the Niners. The Packers are good - not sure if they are tough. The Giants are okay, good at times, not so good other times... but one thing the Giants have proven time and time again is that the players are tough.

I think GB would have torched the Patriots.

Lambeau12
05-04-2012, 12:14 AM
The way we played in the playoff game we would have lost to the Browns.

FroZeNx31x
05-04-2012, 12:18 AM
You guys would have beaten SF without a doubt, my reason....

Victor Cruz was unstoppable against SF's #1 DB Rogers. The rest of the SF secondary is not so great in 1-on-1 coverage and with all the weapons GB had on offense i cant see SF slowing Arod's passing attack.

Also, Green Bay's o-line was a bit more stable than ours, Rodgers wouldn't have gotten pounded as much as Eli did.

NY_Eli
05-04-2012, 12:32 AM
The way we played in the playoff game we would have lost to the Browns.

That's not true and you know it

RichGiants81
05-04-2012, 01:02 AM

I don't really agree with too much of what anyone has said so far." I think the Lombardi was GBs for the taking regardless of who they faced this year except the giants. We had their number after we got robbed in the regular season, same with San Fran. I think we woulda lost in the playoffs had we not played and lost to both teams during the reg season. Giants have a knack for winning rematches of crushing regular season defeats in the playoffs.

SweetZombieJesus
05-04-2012, 06:49 AM
I don't really agree with too much of what anyone has said so far." I think the Lombardi was GBs for the taking regardless of who they faced this year except the giants. We had their number after we got robbed in the regular season, same with San Fran. I think we woulda lost in the playoffs had we not played and lost to both teams during the reg season. Giants have a knack for winning rematches of crushing regular season defeats in the playoffs.

And... Atlanta?

RichGiants81
05-04-2012, 07:26 AM
What about Atlanta?

Lambeau12
05-04-2012, 11:08 PM
I think there was probably about 4 teams we would have beaten the way we played in the playoffs against the Giants and that would have been Indy, Cleveland, Oakland and maybe Miami. We were just horrible.

jomo
05-04-2012, 11:17 PM
I think there was probably about 4 teams we would have beaten the way we played in the playoffs against the Giants and that would have been Indy, Cleveland, Oakland and maybe Miami. We were just horrible.I want to say no way but your team did not play well at all that day. Maybe not just 4 teams but let's say half the teams in the NFL would have beaten the Pack in the playoffs if they played that way.

JJC7301
05-04-2012, 11:40 PM
SF was going to be tough for anyone, but I think that GB would have gone on to repeat.

SF is going to be VERY tough this year and are favored in my mind to win it all, barring slews of injuries. They came within a hair of getting to the SB, they are very hungry, their D is intact and they added to their O a little bit. Plus, I don't think that Alex Smith will regress. But I think that GB, the Giants, Eagles and Lions will be the top teams along with SF.

The NFC is in ascendency again and it's going to be an interesting slug fest this year. Doesn't APPEAR that we'll have to worry too much about the Saints this year, at least.

allentown PA
05-04-2012, 11:48 PM

yea..I think the rust would have been gone..but thats a big what if...the giants handled the pack pretty easily...I think the niners,giants,saints, and pack would have beaten the pats...however only one team did and QB did and thats the 2 time super MVP giants Quarterback Eli manning!!! 7-1 on the road in the playoffs btw.

Lambeau12
05-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Allentown next year the Pack will be taking their belt back lol. Dont take my smack seriously guys. We will probably be 12-4 but winning a title will be tough but we might if we dont have to play you guys in the playoffs.

JJC7301
05-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Allentown next year the Pack will be taking their belt back lol. Dont take my smack seriously guys. We will probably be 12-4 but winning a title will be tough but we might if we dont have to play you guys in the playoffs.
Adding to what Jomo said, IF we do meet each other in the playoffs again this year, I can guarantee that GB won't be asleep at the wheel again like they were in this last playoff game. They looked like zombies like the Giants did when they lost to Philly in the '08 playoffs.

Lambeau12
05-05-2012, 12:12 AM
I doubt it. You guys have our number in the postseason. I dont see that changing unless you have injuries or if we dont play you lol.

JJC7301
05-05-2012, 12:23 AM
I doubt it. You guys have our number in the postseason. I dont see that changing unless you have injuries or if we dont play you lol.
You could be right -- it could just be a match-up issue that's in our favor right now. Just like we don't match up against NO -- they always destroy us like they're playing against a team of invalids.

giantyankee1976
05-05-2012, 07:44 AM
with respect, I think ARod would have gotten abused by that SF pass rush too.

Pksoze
05-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I would have picked the 49ers to win vs Green Bay. One thing I notice is that the Packers receivers drop a lot of balls vs physical teams. They dropped balls vs Pitt in the SB and against the Giants...except for Driver they always peak to see if they get hit. The 49ers will hit them...they're a tougher more physical team. The Packers are very talented but I don't consider them to be a tough team. They seem more like frontrunners who get up on teams and blow them out or at least play better with a lead. I don't think they play well from behind or in low scoring games.

However, if they did gut it out vs the 49ers. I think they beat New England by a 34-24 type score.

Lambeau12
05-05-2012, 12:23 PM
The good thing how our season ended was we lost to a classy team. I just hope though we dont blow us out again.

giantyankee1976
05-05-2012, 01:49 PM
The good thing how our season ended was we lost to a classy team. I just hope though we dont blow us out again.

nothing but love.

kill the bears for me.

ralphpal
05-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I think Grennbay wouldof beaten san fran but if it went the other way that wouldnt of suprised me either .
I think both of them would of beaten the Pats but Greenbay would of had an easier time of it .
It would of been a high scoring game but since Rodgers has much more weapons they would of pulled away at the end .

Lambeau12
05-06-2012, 12:24 AM
The 2011 49ers remind me alot of the 2008 Titans. Many similarities there. We were alot like the 2000 rams. We had a high scoring offense but no defense and both teams were unable to win a playoff game.

Giants10Joe
05-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Pretty much immediately after the Saints-49ers game but before the Giants-Packers game, I was talking to a friend and I told him "The winner of the Giants-Packers game is going to win the Super Bowl." I was right, and I'm pretty confident that if the Packers beat the Giants they would have won the Super Bowl instead. I just wasn't very impressed with any of the AFC teams or any NFC team outside of the Packers and Saints. Even the 49ers I thought were too one dimensional on offense. I knew the Giants weren't the best team in the league but I thought we matched up well (or at the very least about evenly) with every playoff team except the Saints.

n420p69
05-06-2012, 01:35 AM
The Packers would have beaten the 49ers. I think it would have been a crazy shootout against the Pats but they woulda beaten them as well.