PDA

View Full Version : The end of my traditional Tynes rant

JMFP2
05-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Every year, I rant about replacing Tynes with someone who has a stronger leg.

For some reason, this year is different. I suppose it's the 2nd Super Bowl victory. He wasn't counted to kick much during the playoffs, but he handled them (8/10).

So, instead of *****ing and moaning about finding a new kicker, I'll focus my comments on the Osi contract saga.

......you're welcome, Giants MB.

nygsb42champs
05-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Tynes has made 2 of the biggest kicks in Giants history.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Tynes comes through when it matters. He reminds me of Vinateri. Vinateri never has about average percentage of kicks made and average leg strength, but he is as clutch as it gets.

Unlike Jay mother ****ing Feely. I hate Feely with a burning passion. I have never been so angry after a Giants game after Feely missing 3 field goals.

greenca190
05-03-2012, 02:22 PM
You can always get better at every position on a football team. Players know this (hence competition), coaches, front office, etc. But for the first time since being born, I am comfortable with the kicker on our team. Not saying there is no reason to be looking around for something better. But I wouldn't hate it if they didn't.

SweetZombieJesus
05-03-2012, 02:57 PM

I'm fine with him now, but do you remember as he missed 2 field goals that would have won the 2007 NFC CG if he hadn't missed and made us wait for the 3rd?

Manning
05-03-2012, 03:03 PM

I'm fine with him now, but do you remember as he missed 2 field goals that would have won the 2007 NFC CG if he hadn't missed and made us wait for the 3rd?

Made the game more exciting.

egyptian420
05-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I'll admit he came through in big moments for us and I have so much respect for him for what he's done in the 07 and 12' post seasons.

That being said, lets not kid ourselves, he's not that great. Anything 40 yards and over and I'm expecting a missed FG.

ashleymarie
05-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Made the game more exciting.</P>

</P>

Made my bp go sky high is what he did. LOL</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
05-03-2012, 04:06 PM
So, instead of *****ing and moaning about finding a new kicker, I'll focus my comments on the Osi contract saga.

Please don't.......... it's just as pointless as the Tynes comments.

TuckYou
05-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Well, he still can barely kick touchbacks 5 yards closer. :) Tynes is fine with me. So is Stevie Weatherford. Jets are ******ed.

Kruunch
05-03-2012, 04:36 PM

For some reason, this year is different. I suppose it's the 2nd Super Bowl victory. He wasn't counted to kick much during the playoffs, but he handled them (8/10).

Moving the kickoff spot up pretty much covered up Tynes one real vulnerability.

G-Man67
05-03-2012, 05:05 PM
kickers are free game ... trash away, i've certainly been on Tynes over the years ... when we played the game in Wembley a few years back ... i had a Bend it Like Tynes thread going</P>

but i agree, he was solid last year and he obviously has experience now kicking in huge spots, which is very important</P>

and the new kickoff spot allows him to get the ball far enough to where the returner has a tough decision as to whether he should run it out or take a knee</P>

JMFP2
05-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Well, he still can barely kick touchbacks 5 yards closer. :) Tynes is fine with me. So is Stevie Weatherford. Jets are ******ed.

Weatherford is a stud.....he's a worthy successor to Feagles.

fletch842
05-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Moving the kickoff spot up pretty much covered up Tynes one real vulnerability.

This, and he has become much more consistent on extra points and near field goals. The first few years, I used to hold my breath.

Pakman
05-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Tynes comes through when it matters. He reminds me of Vinateri. Vinateri never has about average percentage of kicks made and average leg strength, but he is as clutch as it gets.

Unlike Jay mother ****ing Feely. I hate Feely with a burning passion. I have never been so angry after a Giants game after Feely missing 3 field goals.

Feely? (Turns into Incredible Hulk)

gumby742
05-04-2012, 10:29 AM
he hasn't missed as many "gimme"s (under 40 yards) the last couple years. That was my biggest knock on him.

JPP
05-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I'll admit he came through in big moments for us and I have so much respect for him for what he's done in the 07 and 12' post seasons.

That being said, lets not kid ourselves, he's not that great. Anything 40 yards and over and I'm expecting a missed FG.

What do you want a flashy stats guy or a clutch game winning guy? Because very rarely are they ever the same guy and that is the beauty of Tynes he is average but comes through when needed the most...even if he needs an extra attempt or two. lol

Not meant to pick on you I was just quoting someone.

G-Men Surg.
05-04-2012, 07:49 PM

Made the game more exciting.
LOL, very true ! But lets take in consideration that in all the history of Lambeau Field no field goal longer than 40 yards had ever been made in the playoffs and by God that was the first and a beauty !

nhpgiantsfan
05-06-2012, 05:11 PM
I still don't have great confidence in Tynes over 40yds, but the kick in OT against the niners did help me feel a little better.

That being said it really drives me crazy watching other kickers boom it past the end zone on kick offs and even with the extra 5 yards Tynes still hardly does it.

meanseen
05-06-2012, 05:40 PM
i would LOVE to see an old 2007 nfc championship game official thread and see all the people who were: a)close to death or b)wishing death upon tynes in very graphic ways following his second FG miss

idiotekniQues
05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
i think jacksonville traded up to the first to get the best kicker so we went with wilson

JJC7301
05-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I love Tynes -- guy's a money kicker and I don't want him going anywhere unless he starts missing money kicks.

Leave the guy alone.

Mercury
05-07-2012, 09:06 AM
<font color="#FF0000">But Tynes isn't elite!
</font>

NYFan221
05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
love tynes, i don't even worry when he goes up to kick anymore, and i used to worry about PATs... he's come a long way lol.