PDA

View Full Version : Fewell and his schemes are the worst.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 10:31 PM
We got players... it's this clueless coach calling the plays.

Marvelousmik
12-11-2011, 10:35 PM

its the linebackers. they are getting pushed back by blockers and are taking the wrong holes. the scheme is fine

bearbryant
12-11-2011, 10:36 PM
If he doesn't get a way ton get JPP active in the run game , they'll keep doing what they just did. No doubt about it!

I Bleed Blue 56
12-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Put 8 in the box his scheme is garbage no adjustments hat so ever

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 10:39 PM

its the linebackers. they are getting pushed back by blockers and are taking the wrong holes. the scheme is fine
I agree that our linebackers are suspect but we gave up a ton of points last year too. Fewell is garbage.

Marvelousmik
12-11-2011, 10:47 PM

I agree that our linebackers are suspect but we gave up a ton of points last year too. Fewell is garbage.

Our D was ranked number 7 in points allowed last year and was in the top 5 overall, and had the most takeaways.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?seasonId=2010&seasonType=&Submit=Go

trust me man its the linebackers. the goff injury was deep

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 10:54 PM

Our D was ranked number 7 in points allowed last year and was in the top 5 overall, and had the most takeaways.

We were? Must've been a bunch of bad teams in the league last year. All I can think about is that meltdown against the Eagles and that shellacing by the Packers.

Marvelousmik
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM

We were? Must've been a bunch of bad teams in the league last year. All I can think about is that meltdown against the Eagles and that shellacing by the Packers.

it was elis turnovers that didnt get us into the playoffs. the d was great for the most part. i just hope if we do get good linebackers, we still have talent on the defense. id hate to finally have the missing part only to lose other pieces. sigh and now grant gets fooled on a look off.

gmen0820
12-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Can't blame the DC for his players who can't execute a C2 concept.

Kingb50
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Too many rookies and FA that nobody wanted.. -5 dbs -3lbs - 1Dt -De-1 - 1 safety
= I cant do what I want to do!!!!!!!

Dirt66
12-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Fewell and his "sieve" of a scheme have got to go! There is no way you guys can defend or make excuses forthis garbage.

Kingb50
12-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Fewell and his "sieve" of a scheme have got to go! There is no way you guys can defend or make excuses forthis garbage.

Im not making excuses, Im being logical. If you put Osi, Goff , TThomas, Kp,C webb, Canty, Joseph, Boley , Kiwi, Tuck, , Austin, Coe, Rolle, Grant, Tuck,JPP, Tolley, Bernard,B.Johnson and whoever I left out .. Measure what u can do on DEF.. I know this Sh*# is frustrating but we are limited, our depth is depleted , our line is shuffled but the the blood is still pumping , we can pull this one out .. Brokeback Mountain was made for Cowboys, KINGKONG WAS MADE FOR GIANTS

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 12:00 AM

They were 17th in Points against 7th in yards

gumby742
12-12-2011, 12:06 AM

if you don't have the right players, don't do it. it's that simple.

giantyankee1976
12-12-2011, 12:08 AM
the injuries plus soft defensive playcalling are just hideous.

plus J-Will's looking like a wet behind the ears rookie for real...we need this, let's go GMen, kick it in the *** and go !!!

nycisgreat
12-12-2011, 12:10 AM

Isn't the coaches job to identify if his players abilities to play the schemes he draws up, and make adjustments if they are unable to achieve that. Fewells make absolutely no changes. They young guys are fast, but they can't play zone worth s***. If I can see that, I know PF can too. Why doesn't he make some changes.

giantyankee1976
12-12-2011, 12:21 AM
well, there you go.

dez all by his lonesome for a ****ty 6 + 1

gmen0820
12-12-2011, 12:27 AM

Isn't the coaches job to identify if his players abilities to play the schemes he draws up, and make adjustments if they are unable to achieve that. Fewells make absolutely no changes. They young guys are fast, but they can't play zone worth s***. If I can see that, I know PF can too. Why doesn't he make some changes.

Because he has played every kind of coverage, every kind of alignment every kind of scheme and these players can not execute it. You see the zone C2 tonight, you've seen 3 man to 7 man rushes you've seen man cvg vs the Packers and they can not match up. The schemes are not the issue. What more does he need to call that has worked enough to be justified? Man coverage? Yeah that will work against **** teams, but Dallas isn't a **** team, neither was NO, neither was GB. You can't put that Philly loss on Fewell, you won't win many games with the way the offense played. The other three straight losses were really a prime example of just being overmatched completely.

When you are completely overmatched, you have to play zone. The players need to learn how to play it and there needs to be better communication.

M0rbid
12-12-2011, 12:29 AM
When was the last time Giants defense looked this unorganized????????

giantyankee1976
12-12-2011, 12:31 AM

timmy lewis?

billy sheridan ?

gmenfanWorL
12-12-2011, 12:32 AM

I think I know this!.. The Packers game, right?!?

nycisgreat
12-12-2011, 12:34 AM

Because he has played every kind of coverage, every kind of alignment every kind of scheme and these players can not execute it. You see the zone C2 tonight, you've seen 3 man to 7 man rushes you've seen man cvg vs the Packers and they can not match up. The schemes are not the issue. What more does he need to call that has worked enough to be justified? Man coverage? Yeah that will work against **** teams, but Dallas isn't a **** team, neither was NO, neither was GB. You can't put that Philly loss on Fewell, you won't win many games with the way the offense played. The other three straight losses were really a prime example of just being overmatched completely.

When you are completely overmatched, you have to play zone. The players need to learn how to play it and there needs to be better communication.

Fewell is the DC. It is his job to identify these things. Rolle and Grant are very good players. Did you just see the miss communication between them. Why? These guys are season vets. Fewell loves cover two, and nothing else. Last week was the first time. I have seen different looks on D. I didn't see anything this week. He sucks. He doesn't access his personel well.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 03:37 AM
He doesn't access his personel well at all. The coaches job is to get the most out of his players, maximize their abilities and draw up schemes that the players excel in. People keep mentioning injuries but this team is still talented with good depth. All these guys are pros and a few of our guys got rings. They didn't forget how to play football overnight.

Spags did a whole lot more with less... a rookie in Aaron Ross, a corner in Webster who was considered a bust at that point, Gibril Wilson & Butler at safety, old man Sam Madison, Reggie Torbor, Kawika Mitchell (solid but once he left the following year did you hear anything else from him?), Kevin Dockery, RW and so on and so on.

The only standouts on our D was the D-Line and Antonio Pierce. Our 1st 2 weeks of the 07 season we gave up over 80 points and just when it started to look hopeless, Spags somehow got our guys to buy into his system, believe in one another and we swiftly turned things around.

Fewell on the other hand got seasoned vets out there making mistakes, blowing coverages and looking lost and confused. Yeah some of the blame is definitely on some of the players but the coach's job is to have these guys feeling confident, playing hard and remaining focused.

SanAntonioGiant
12-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Since Spags is gonna be fired, shouldnt Giants bring him back!??

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Since Spags is gonna be fired, shouldnt Giants bring him back!??It'll be nice but I honestly don't feel that Spags is a man that is willing to go backwards. Money talks though so who knows. He was the perfect HC for us after the 08 season... I sure wish Coughlin would've retired.

BK07071
12-13-2011, 07:22 AM

No it isn't ! Rushing three down linemen to get to the quaterback is not what I or anyone, would call pressuring the QB.

giantyankee1976
12-13-2011, 08:16 AM

Schein commented recently that he thought the eagles might reach out and try to lure him back... that would be scary.

I'd hope he want to replace Perry. or go to an AFC team at least.

Rattlesnake Jake
12-13-2011, 08:30 AM

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!

Captain Chaos
12-13-2011, 08:39 AM

Those passes of 74 and 50 yrds vs the cowboys were the LBs fault as well? Really? This D has some real issues!

yoeddy
12-13-2011, 08:42 AM
The only standouts on our D was the D-Line and Antonio Pierce.

That's a pretty significant group of standouts...

buddy33
12-13-2011, 08:47 AM

Webster is good. Ross is not. Prince might be good, but no training camp, no pre season, and a broken foot slowed his progress. Grant is old. Rolle is out of position a lot. KP has been solid but was out the last game and a half. Tuck has been hurt all year and now has another injury. Osi has been in and out o the line up. Goff was lost in the pre season. They have about 5 CB's on IR.

Does he really have the talent to work with?

Husky
12-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Remember Lynn's? That was the worst!

yoeddy
12-13-2011, 09:26 AM

Webster is good. Ross is not. Prince might be good, but no training camp, no pre season, and a broken foot slowed his progress. Grant is old. Rolle is out of position a lot. KP has been solid but was out the last game and a half. Tuck has been hurt all year and now has another injury. Osi has been in and out o the line up. Goff was lost in the pre season. They have about 5 CB's on IR.

Our D was designed around a top-tier DLine. But with Osi out, Tuck playing through obvious injuries, Kiwanuka needed at LB, it's pretty clear that the DLine hasn't been able to be that top-tier unit. Add to that the rookie LBs and the injuries that have depleted our DB depth, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a coordinator who can cover for the weaknesses...

buddy33
12-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Our D was designed around a top-tier DLine. But with Osi out, Tuck playing through obvious injuries, Kiwanuka needed at LB, it's pretty clear that the DLine hasn't been able to be that top-tier unit. Add to that the rookie LBs and the injuries that have depleted our DB depth, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a coordinator who can cover for the weaknesses...

Agreed. I think people also forget that while Goff was not great in coverage, he was excellent against the run. At least one time the other night I saw Tuck there to make the play, and the RB cut the other way. So Tuck was still doing good in the run game forcing the RB to change direction, but there was no Goff to end the play.

gumby742
12-13-2011, 09:37 AM
We got players... it's this clueless coach calling the plays. Webster is good. Ross is not. Prince might be good, but no training camp, no pre season, and a broken foot slowed his progress. Grant is old. Rolle is out of position a lot. KP has been solid but was out the last game and a half. Tuck has been hurt all year and now has another injury. Osi has been in and out o the line up. Goff was lost in the pre season. They have about 5 CB's on IR. Does he really have the talent to work with?</P>

Have we lost enough to warrant being the worst or one of the wrost defense in the league? Being not very good/below average is one thing. Absolutely sucking is another. Despite the injuries we still have solid players at each position besides linebacker. Philips (until recently), Webster, Rolle, JPP, Joseph. Keep in mind also that in the beginning of the season we had similar struggles - just against lesser opponents. Back then, Tuck, Osi, Boley were also healthy. </P>

Injuries sure are a contributing factor, but we should still be much better then we are now.</P>

I'm willing to bet the with Spags we'd be a top 10 -15defense - even when injured. Who did he have on defense in 2008? Dockery? Butler? AP? Danny Clark? Chase Blackburn? Michael Johnson? Who else at CB besides Webster? And even with those guys and a lacking LB corps, we were a top defense.</P>

Fewell isn't cutting it. Even last year, our defense was pretty average. With the talent that we have when healthy, average isn't good enough.</P>

buddy33
12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
How is Spags doing with no to much talent now?

The last 3 games did not look to good. The Saints game they had problems. Who doesn't have problems against that team in that dome. Don't tell me about this past week when they played on the road outside. In the dome they do that to just about every team. Against Green Bay they did not play that bad. There where some very iffy calls on the defense on 3rd downs and 2 bad TD call's by the refs. The last drive was hard to watch but that was a direct result of a depleted secondary where they where using a guy signed just 2 weeks prior.

This last game was disgusting because it wasn't even about getting beat, they where just not doing their jobs and being where they should be. One of the talents you spoke of, Rolle, seems to be always forgetting what he is supposed to be doing. They won and that is correctable. Hopefully.

hungrrrry
12-13-2011, 09:52 AM
We got players... it's this clueless coach calling the plays.Word!...You can't have this little success out of so many professional players

Redeyejedi
12-13-2011, 09:56 AM
We got players... it's this clueless coach calling the plays. Webster is good. Ross is not. Prince might be good, but no training camp, no pre season, and a broken foot slowed his progress. Grant is old. Rolle is out of position a lot. KP has been solid but was out the last game and a half. Tuck has been hurt all year and now has another injury. Osi has been in and out o the line up. Goff was lost in the pre season. They have about 5 CB's on IR. Does he really have the talent to work with?</P>

Have we lost enough to warrant being the worst or one of the wrost defense in the league? Being not very good/below average is one thing. Absolutely sucking is another. Despite the injuries we still have solid players at each position besides linebacker. Philips (until recently), Webster, Rolle, JPP, Joseph. Keep in mind also that in the beginning of the season we had similar struggles - just against lesser opponents. Back then, Tuck, Osi, Boley were also healthy. </P>

Injuries sure are a contributing factor, but we should still be much better then we are now.</P>

I'm willing to bet the with Spags we'd be a top 10 -15defense - even when injured. Who did he have on defense in 2008? Dockery? Butler? AP? Danny Clark? Chase Blackburn? Michael Johnson? Who else at CB besides Webster? And even with those guys and a lacking LB corps, we were a top defense.</P>

Fewell isn't cutting it. Even last year, our defense was pretty average. With the talent that we have when healthy, average isn't good enough.</P> I thought the defense was good last year.If they played like last years defense this team wouldnt be 7-6 I can guarentee it. Last years defense forced a lot more Turnovers.

Redeyejedi
12-13-2011, 09:59 AM
We got players... it's this clueless coach calling the plays. Webster is good. Ross is not. Prince might be good, but no training camp, no pre season, and a broken foot slowed his progress. Grant is old. Rolle is out of position a lot. KP has been solid but was out the last game and a half. Tuck has been hurt all year and now has another injury. Osi has been in and out o the line up. Goff was lost in the pre season. They have about 5 CB's on IR. Does he really have the talent to work with? Our D was designed around a top-tier DLine. But with Osi out, Tuck playing through obvious injuries, Kiwanuka needed at LB, it's pretty clear that the DLine hasn't been able to be that top-tier unit. Add to that the rookie LBs and the injuries that have depleted our DB depth, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a coordinator who can cover for the weaknesses... Agreed. I think people also forget that while Goff was not great in coverage, he was excellent against the run. At least one time the other night I saw Tuck there to make the play, and the RB cut the other way. So Tuck was still doing good in the run game forcing the RB to change direction, but there was no Goff to end the play.the Goff injury was unfortunate. Ive always been critical of his pass defense as well but he looked like he was moving better in the pre season. Its a shame he got hurt I think he was in for a big year

gumby742
12-13-2011, 10:02 AM
How is Spags doing with no to much talent now? The last 3 games did not look to good. The Saints game they had problems. Who doesn't have problems against that team in that dome. Don't tell me about this past week when they played on the road outside. In the dome they do that to just about every team. Against Green Bay they did not play that bad. There where some very iffy calls on the defense on 3rd downs and 2 bad TD call's by the refs. The last drive was hard to watch but that was a direct result of a depleted secondary where they where using a guy signed just 2 weeks prior. This last game was disgusting because it wasn't even about getting beat, they where just not doing their jobs and being where they should be. One of the talents you spoke of, Rolle, seems to be always forgetting what he is supposed to be doing. They won and that is correctable. Hopefully.</P>

Even with his crap talent, his defense is still better then ours. 25th in overall compared to our 30th. 8th best passing defense compared to our 29th. However, where they struggle is run defense where they are dead last. But that's probably where their utter lack of talent comes into play.We're a little better at 22. </P>

So yes. Even now, Spags is doing more with less.</P>

speedman
12-13-2011, 10:15 AM

Does he really have the talent to work with?A high school secondary (Don Bosco) would stay closer to the receivers. They look lost and out of position on most plays. The other teams receivers are mostly wide open. Thats why we make scrub QB's look like all-pros. It has to be PF's schemes. Our secondary looks like a chinese fire drill on most passing plays. I don't know if Sheridan's defense was this bad.

elaherb
12-13-2011, 10:33 AM
DID ANYONE ELSE SEE SCHEIN'S REPORT A WEEK AGO THAT SPAGS WAS GOING TO THE EAGLES AS THEIR DC. WE CAN NOT LET THAT HAPPEN WHAT EVERTHE COST.

galaxy10
12-13-2011, 10:46 AM
DID ANYONE ELSE SEE SCHEIN'S REPORT A WEEK AGO THAT SPAGS WAS GOING TO THE EAGLES AS THEIR DC. WE CAN NOT LET THAT HAPPEN WHAT EVERTHE COST.

Is Spags going to get fired? How does everyone know this?

Manstache
12-13-2011, 10:51 AM
We got players... it's this clueless coach calling the plays.its the zone bruh. i hate it with a passion. we are better suited for man coverage, like spags ran. the zone leaves gaping holes that option routes, and good qbs can find and exploit easily. i rather man up, throw an occasional zone wrinkle in there from time to time, and let loose. here in cleveland, the browns are near the top of the league in pass defense with half the talent we have, due to tight man schemes that make windows tighter and allowing the line a couple more seconds to manufacture a pass rush. this zone sh*t has got to be corrected going foward.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 12:29 PM

Our D was designed around a top-tier DLine. But with Osi out, Tuck playing through obvious injuries, Kiwanuka needed at LB, it's pretty clear that the DLine hasn't been able to be that top-tier unit. Add to that the rookie LBs and the injuries that have depleted our DB depth, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a coordinator who can cover for the weaknesses...With having Chase back and Boley getting healthy, we should be able to mask our defense's defiencies by throwing Kiwanuka back in the D-Line rotation. As far as losing DB's... we lost T2, all those other guys are easily replaceable.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 12:35 PM
We got players... it's this clueless coach calling the plays.its the zone bruh. i hate it with a passion. we are better suited for man coverage, like spags ran. the zone leaves gaping holes that option routes, and good qbs can find and exploit easily. i rather man up, throw an occasional zone wrinkle in there from time to time, and let loose. here in cleveland, the browns are near the top of the league in pass defense with half the talent we have, due to tight man schemes that make windows tighter and allowing the line a couple more seconds to manufacture a pass rush. this zone sh*t has got to be corrected going foward.That's the problem, it seems Fewell has a problem drawing up schemes and having different guys blitzing from different positions to try to confuse the offense. Sometimes it seems like it's either send the house, occasionally man up with no pressure or drop back in zone.

fewellmustgo
12-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I feel he dont play to our strength. Zone for the most part you need good lb play. Our lbs are our weakness. Our strength coming into this year was supposed to be our passrush. When its 3rd and long and he rushes 3 its hard to get a passrush. Just because you rush 4 dont mean you have to play zone you can still play man and double people you feel have the biggest advantage against us. Fewell seems when he dont blitz he always plays zone witch we are not good at.

Look at Denver and Fox he changes the game plan to to uses his players to do what they do best. I dont see Fewell doing that. He has what he likes to do and does that and dont do what the players do best.

buddy33
12-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Our D was designed around a top-tier DLine. But with Osi out, Tuck playing through obvious injuries, Kiwanuka needed at LB, it's pretty clear that the DLine hasn't been able to be that top-tier unit. Add to that the rookie LBs and the injuries that have depleted our DB depth, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a coordinator who can cover for the weaknesses...With having Chase back and Boley getting healthy, we should be able to mask our defense's defiencies by throwing Kiwanuka back in the D-Line rotation. As far as losing DB's... we lost T2, all those other guys are easily replaceable.

Sorry, but you don't just replace that many guys put on IR at the same position. Even when they did have a guy like Coe coming around, a guy who probably would not have made the team if there where not so many injuries, he was lost for the season.

That next man up thing only works for so long.

YATittle1962
12-13-2011, 02:14 PM
We got players... it's this clueless coach calling the plays.its the zone bruh. i hate it with a passion. we are better suited for man coverage, like spags ran. the zone leaves gaping holes that option routes, and good qbs can find and exploit easily. i rather man up, throw an occasional zone wrinkle in there from time to time, and let loose. here in cleveland, the browns are near the top of the league in pass defense with half the talent we have, due to tight man schemes that make windows tighter and allowing the line a couple more seconds to manufacture a pass rush. this zone sh*t has got to be corrected going foward.

hate to break it to you my man but Spagnuolo ran as much zone Fewell does .....he just ran Jim Johnson schemes .....fire zones and 50 fronts .....and man zone mixes which Fewell also runs

Spagnuolo just had more innovative blitz packages which he brought over from Johnsons schemes

90% of the time when Spagnuolo would blitz it was a ZONE blitz

remember Strahan , Tuck , and Osi dropping into coverage?

this team is just as bad in man coverage as it is in cover 2

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 02:22 PM

hate to break it to you my man but Spagnuolo ran as much zone Fewell does .....he just ran Jim Johnson schemes .....fire zones and 50 fronts .....and man zone mixes which Fewell also runs

Spagnuolo just had more innovative blitz packages which he brought over from Johnsons schemes

this team is just as bad in man coverage as it is in cover 2These guys lack focus YA... I put that on the coach.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 02:23 PM

Sorry, but you don't just replace that many guys put on IR at the same position. Even when they did have a guy like Coe coming around, a guy who probably would not have made the team if there where not so many injuries, he was lost for the season.

That next man up thing only works for so long.Every team in the league has injuries. These guys are all pros.

YATittle1962
12-13-2011, 02:33 PM

this team is just as bad in man coverage as it is in cover 2These guys lack focus YA... I put that on the coach.

I truly dont think its focus

I think they lack talent at key positions which makes it extremely hard to make any scheme affective.

the only way to mask lack of talent is to get a pass rush with the front four......and thats not happening because of injuries to key pass rushers

we basically have 1

buddy33
12-13-2011, 02:40 PM

That next man up thing only works for so long.Every team in the league has injuries. These guys are all pros.

Show me a team that lost 5 CB's for the season and lost their 1st round pick CB in his 1st practice and let me know how they are doing.

At some point th next man up thing will not work.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 03:26 PM

I think they lack talent at key positions which makes it extremely hard to make any scheme affective.

the only way to mask lack of talent is to get a pass rush with the front four......and thats not happening because of injuries to key pass rushers

we basically have 1You really think it's lack of talent? I wanna use Rolle as an example... in his his previous year in Arizona before joining the Giants he had 4 picks and 1.5 sacks. Under Fewel he has 2 picks in two years and 0.5 as far as sacks are concerned.

Our interior line isn't as strong as last year, effective but not quite up to the level Cofield was at yet. JPP has picked up the slack on the outside, Osi put in some work before getting injured... the only one who's been MIA is Tuck. Why didn't coach see this and instead of putting JPP on the inside or as a sub, why didn't he start him in place of the ineffective Tuck on the opposite side of Osi.

We got Chase back, why not let Williams play in the place of Kiwi and put Kiwi back in the D-Line rotation? I think a good coach should utilize his players to their strengths and put them in spots where they can be effective.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 03:29 PM

Show me a team that lost 5 CB's for the season and lost their 1st round pick CB in his 1st practice and let me know how they are doing.

At some point th next man up thing will not work.We lost one good corner Buddy... the rest of those guys we can easily replace and find on a scrap heap somewhere.

YATittle1962
12-13-2011, 03:33 PM

we basically have 1You really think it's lack of talent? I wanna use Rolle as an example... in his his previous year in Arizona before joining the Giants he had 4 picks and 1.5 sacks. Under Fewel he has 2 picks in two years and 0.5 as far as sacks are concerned.

Our interior line isn't as strong as last year, effective but not quite up to the level Cofield was at yet. JPP has picked up the slack on the outside, Osi put in some work before getting injured... the only one who's been MIA is Tuck. Why didn't coach see this and instead of putting JPP on the inside or as a sub, why didn't he start him in place of the ineffective Tuck on the opposite side of Osi.

We got Chase back, why not let Williams play in the place of Kiwi and put Kiwi back in the D-Line rotation? I think a good coach should utilize his players to their strengths and put them in spots where they can be effective.

Rolle has been forced to play out of his comfort zone due to a major amount of secondary injuries

this team counts on Tuck....injured or not

and Kiwi played with his hand in the dirt plenty against Dallas

buddy33
12-13-2011, 03:46 PM

At some point th next man up thing will not work.We lost one good corner Buddy... the rest of those guys we can easily replace and find on a scrap heap somewhere.

Not sure if you are serious. Johnson was decent, Whitherspoon might have challenged Ross for his spot, Prince may have been in shape by now but we will never know, and even when they where going really deep into their roster Coe was playing well and he went down for the season. Then they tried Tyron and he was showing promise until he was out for the year.

Like I said, at some point that next man up thing does not work any more. Apparently the FO is doing a poor job of finding their 10th CB 13 games into the season that will play servicable.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 11:18 PM
So what do you two recommend that we do... come back next year with Perry Fewell? If so I think you're both out of your minds.

YATittle1962
12-13-2011, 11:31 PM
So what do you two recommend that we do... come back next year with Perry Fewell? If so I think you're both out of your minds.

were you complaining last year when they were a top 10 defense ....and the #1 defense for some of the season ?

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 11:38 PM

were you complaining last year when they were a top 10 defense ....and the #1 defense for some of the season ?what... when we were playing the creampuffs of the league and a Chicago team with no offensive line?

YATittle1962
12-13-2011, 11:41 PM

were you complaining last year when they were a top 10 defense ....and the #1 defense for some of the season ?what... when we were playing the creampuffs of the league and a Chicago team with no offensive line?

they are all NFL teams my man

they finished the season 7th in the league

lawl
12-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Rolle has yet to be able to play his true position since coming to the Giants.</P>

This team will be significantly different when we have a MLB who knows how to get depth in his drops and our top 3 corners out on the field together (prince web tt) </P>

Rolle will be free to roam and the turnovers will come back to life.</P>

Atleast I hope so.</P>

BurnerNYG
12-14-2011, 12:19 AM

they finished the season 7th in the leagueYA, I know you're very football savvy and I respect your knowledge of the game but please don't tell me that the scheme against Indianapolis last year wasn't amongst the worse you've witnessed?

YATittle1962
12-14-2011, 12:35 AM

they finished the season 7th in the leagueYA, I know you're very football savvy and I respect your knowledge of the game but please don't tell me that the scheme against Indianapolis last year wasn't amongst the worse you've witnessed?

it might be the worst Ive ever seen .... definitely...

a complete insult to Peytons intelligence

fewellmustgo
12-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Fewell likes to make his worst player on the field the most important. Cover 2 mlb is the most important person on the field. They have a huge area to cover not what you want with a rookie mlb.

Fox of Denver before the draft said a Von Miller didnít really fit his defense so he changed his defense to use him best. I donít see fewell doing that with our defense. How many times on 3rd and long does he rush 3? To me thatís playing scared and hasnít worked. I like to bring pressure in that situation and make the offence get rid of the ball fast. We are 29 in the league against the pass. We have a good pass rush no reason to be that bad against the pass.

You can say injuries in our secondary are hurting us but coming into the year of our starting 4 back there we are missing 1. Every team has injuries and to me I donít like excuses. Fewell is not getting the job done simple as that.

BurnerNYG
12-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Fewell likes to make his worst player on the field the most important.* Cover 2 mlb is the most important person on the field.* They have a huge area to cover not what you want with a rookie mlb.

Fox of Denver before the draft said a Von Miller didnít really fit his defense so he changed his defense to use him best.* I donít see fewell doing that with our defense. How many times on 3rd and long does he rush 3? To me thatís playing scared and hasnít worked. I like to bring pressure in that situation and make the offence get rid of the ball fast.* We are 29 in the league against the pass. We have a good pass rush no reason to be that bad against the pass.

You can say injuries in our secondary are hurting us but coming into the year of our starting 4 back there we are missing 1. Every team has injuries and to me I donít like excuses.* Fewell is not getting the job done simple as that.
Exactly... and unless there's a complete turnaround, our defense is gonna be our downfall. Eli is having a career year but if he makes a mistake or two against a good team like the Saints or the Pack, our goose is cooked.

yoeddy
12-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Yes...last year when GB had all those injuries, they were 10-6. This year without the injuries, they are undefeated. Injuries do impact how a team can compete...

(btw - last year GB finished the season 3-3 in their last 6 games, including a loss to the Lions who entered that game with a 2-10 record...so stuff like that does happen to other teams, too)...

buddy33
12-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Yes...last year when GB had all those injuries, they were 10-6. This year without the injuries, they are undefeated. Injuries do impact how a team can compete...

Exactly. Also, what Green Bay did last year is not normal. It worked for them and that's fine but how many other times has that happened?

I don't know how this team would be without all the injuries, but TT was in for a big season I think, as was Goff. Those 2 injuries alone hurt the team so bad. Throw Tuck being banged up since the Jets pre season game and you have a bad defense.

Honestly though, there are a lot if bad defenses out there. I mean let's not forget the Giants won their last game while putting up over 500 yards of offense. Had it not been for some bad penalties called on the Giants and a couple of blown TD calls they could have beaten the undefeated Packers with their horrible defense. The Saints defense isn't so hot either.

Redeyejedi
12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
We got players... it's this clueless coach calling the plays.its the zone bruh. i hate it with a passion. we are better suited for man coverage, like spags ran. the zone leaves gaping holes that option routes, and good qbs can find and exploit easily. i rather man up, throw an occasional zone wrinkle in there from time to time, and let loose. here in cleveland, the browns are near the top of the league in pass defense with half the talent we have, due to tight man schemes that make windows tighter and allowing the line a couple more seconds to manufacture a pass rush. this zone sh*t has got to be corrected going foward. hate to break it to you my man but Spagnuolo ran as much zone Fewell does .....he just ran Jim Johnson schemes .....fire zones and 50 fronts .....and man zone mixes which Fewell also runs Spagnuolo just had more innovative blitz packages which he brought over from Johnsons schemes 90% of the time when Spagnuolo would blitz it was a ZONE blitz remember Strahan , Tuck , and Osi dropping into coverage? this team is just as bad in man coverage as it is in cover 2Not only that but the Giants have played plenty of man coverage the last few weeks and they get gutted in it every time. If u think Aaron Ross and Deon Grantis better in man coverage then Im not sure your watching the games. My guess is the giants defense looks better this week since there no longer going against teams there over matched by talent wise.

Gianthunter
12-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't believe there's enough band-aids left in the box. For even Spags to overcome.

gumby742
12-14-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't believe there's enough band-aids left in the box. For even Spags to overcome. </P>

lol. I'm seeing guys on the field that I've never heard of or seen before.</P>

Gianthunter
12-14-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't believe there's enough band-aids left in the box. For even Spags to overcome. </P>

lol. I'm seeing guys on the field that I've never heard of or seen before.</P>I know the wife is like who's that? I sit therewell he's on the team. She's like since when? With my best pattened dumb look go. I DUNNO [8-)]

JJC7301
12-14-2011, 12:36 PM

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?seasonId=2010&amp;seasonType=&amp;Submit=Go

it was elis turnovers that didnt get us into the playoffs. the d was great for the most part. i just hope if we do get good linebackers, we still have talent on the defense. id hate to finally have the missing part only to lose other pieces. sigh and now grant gets fooled on a look off.
</P>

Not that Eli's turnovers didn't hurt, but it was the Giants D that turned that historic Eagle's game into the nightmare that it became -- win that game and they were in the playoffs. The Giants D put up good "numbers" last year, but were not good in the clutch and let up too many 3rd-and-longs for 1st downs, which has been going on ever since Spags left. As for the LBs, I agree with you but this FO has chosen to basically ignore the position in favor of Nascar and the secondary and we are really paying the price because we had NO depth at LB, and very limited starting talent to boot.</P>

giantyankee1976
12-15-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't believe there's enough band-aids left in the box. For even Spags to overcome. </p>

lol. I'm seeing guys on the field that I've never heard of or seen before.</p>I know the wife is like who's that? I sit therewell he's on the team. She's like since when? With my best pattened dumb look go. I DUNNO [8-)]

LOL

JMFP2
12-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Crazy to think as bad as Sheridan was....his defense was ranked #13 in the NFL (yds/game).

But his defense gave up 427 points.....Fewell is definitely in striking distance of that record (349 with 3 games to go..... 26 pts per game would tie it).