PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be Our Biggest Rival?

B&RWarrior
05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
<b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/><b/>
In the next 5 years what team will be our biggest rival?
In the NFC east I say the Skins will regain prominence. I'm biased b/c I'm from D.C. I enjoy those victories so much more.
Outside the division I say NO. After getting shellacked by them 3 times in a row I really want to beat those guys. Although right now it's been more of a massacre than a competitive rivalry to be honest. We will change that this year.

JJC7301
05-05-2012, 01:18 AM
In the NFC east I say the Skins will regain prominence. I'm biased b/c I'm from D.C. I enjoy those victories so much more.
Outside the division I say NO. After getting shellacked by them 3 times in a row I really want to beat those guys. Although right now it's been more of a massacre than a competitive rivalry to be honest. We will change that this year.
I'd say let's see how RGIII progresses before we start worrying about the 'skins.

The Eagles will ALWAYS be our biggest rivals, and we just don't match up against NO. I don't see them as our biggest rivals, just our biggest mismatch.

And if we see SF in the playoffs again, now THAT may start becoming reminiscent of our '80s playoff rivalry. That's got a chance to become personal.

thomsoad
05-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd say let's see how RGIII progresses before we start worrying about the 'skins.

The Eagles will ALWAYS be our biggest rivals, and we just don't match up against NO. I don't see them as our biggest rivals, just our biggest mismatch.

And if we see SF in the playoffs again, now THAT may start becoming reminiscent of our '80s playoff rivalry. That's got a chance to become personal.

Rivals arent a flash in the pants...they are eternal. That being said anyone over the age of 12 knows its the Eagles.

jomo
05-05-2012, 12:49 PM
If you look at the past 30 years, all three of our division foes have been heated rivals. More recently, the Skins have dropped back (two losses to them this year notwithstanding). I would expect them to move back up to the level with the Iggles and Girls but don't see any one of them becoming THEtop rival. They will share that banner. The NFC east will remain very balanced and competitive for years to come.

titwio
05-05-2012, 01:04 PM
If Griffin can stay healthy I say it's definitely Washington. That's a big if though...Cowboys, Eagles and Giants all have fronts that will get after him...hard!

I'm predicting RG3's career won't be pretty at all early on. This rookie season he'll receive a not so nice baptism from the NFC East.

Lambeau12
05-06-2012, 04:20 PM
You guys seem to own the Cowboys the last 5 years. Philly and washington is your biggest obstacle to repeat.

B&RWarrior
05-06-2012, 05:44 PM

Rivals arent a flash in the pants...they are eternal. That being said anyone over the age of 12 knows its the Eagles.

If you were a Giants fan that grew up in DC like I did than the Skins games were the biggest games of the year every year, and two of the top 5 NFL franchises in the 80s and early 90s were the Giants and the Skins.

With the drafting of RG3 and an already stout defense in place, I think the Skins are poised to regain relevance in the NFC East.

I'm still pissed we lost both games to them last year with freaggin' Rex Grossman at QB...SMH.

Spytheweb
05-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Why in the next 5 years? Take it season by season. This year it's Philly because Dallas is going nowhere with the head coach and owner they have. Washington maybe a threat but they have a rookie QB. They have <span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 30px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 36px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: inline !important; float: none; ">Mike Shanahan as head coach, i don't think he's that good.
</span>

njersey
05-06-2012, 11:12 PM

The Saints and the Eagles.

thomsoad
05-07-2012, 09:43 AM

If you were a Giants fan that grew up in DC like I did than the Skins games were the biggest games of the year every year, and two of the top 5 NFL franchises in the 80s and early 90s were the Giants and the Skins.

With the drafting of RG3 and an already stout defense in place, I think the Skins are poised to regain relevance in the NFC East.

I'm still pissed we lost both games to them last year with freaggin' Rex Grossman at QB...SMH.

Actually its a small world...cuz i spent my 80's as a Giant fan in Alexandria Va. So yes...i am quite aware of the rivalry we had against the Skins. I remember how much i despised the Washington Post that idolized the Skins every single year. I remember all those stupid Redskin shows on how they talked about the Redskins being the greatest/winningest team in NFL history.... I was there in the thick of it.

That being said...the Eagles still kicked our cans PLENTY of times in the 80's. I remember as a whole in the 80's...We beat Skins/ Skins beat Eagles/Eagles beat us/Dallas beat nobody. You are basing your opinion on the fact you lived in DC as a Giant fan. The rivalry between us in the 80's was good....but not in same league as Eagles. Skins/Cowboys; Giants/;Eagles.

NYFan221
05-07-2012, 10:28 AM
I lived 16 years in Delaware (eagles territory), and go to school in West Chester (a couple mins out of philly), so for me there is no bigger rival than the Eagles. The **** their fans say, what they think, its just horrible here, and the eagles losing and hearing there fans cry is ALMOST as good to me as a giants win... yeah its that bad.

B&RWarrior
05-07-2012, 10:46 AM

Actually its a small world...cuz i spent my 80's as a Giant fan in Alexandria Va. So yes...i am quite aware of the rivalry we had against the Skins. I remember how much i despised the Washington Post that idolized the Skins every single year. I remember all those stupid Redskin shows on how they talked about the Redskins being the greatest/winningest team in NFL history.... I was there in the thick of it.

That being said...the Eagles still kicked our cans PLENTY of times in the 80's. I remember as a whole in the 80's...We beat Skins/ Skins beat Eagles/Eagles beat us/Dallas beat nobody. You are basing your opinion on the fact you lived in DC as a Giant fan. The rivalry between us in the 80's was good....but not in same league as Eagles. Skins/Cowboys; Giants/;Eagles.

I'm basing my rivalry choice on what were the biggest games for me. If you live in a town where your team is not the home team there is nothing like gameday when the home team plays your team. When I used to walk around with my Giants Starter jacket on I would always hear smack from Skins fans before the game and the game itself was always a bigger event than any other game.

I never got that feeling of the hated rivalry to the same degree from an Eagles Giants game in DC.

The Eagles were good in 80's and and early 90s but the Skins during this era were clearly the team to beat. I'm talking more about the late 80s and early 90s. I became a Giants fan in 85'. Remember between 83'-92' the Skins won 3 SBs. We won in 86' and 90'.

If you remember the two best teams outside of the 49ers in that era were the Skins and the Giants. Plus living in DC just amplified the rivalry for me. Philly, I didn't like them, but they never did anything come crunch time so it was hard to get pumped up for them in the same way.

LOL about the Post and sports radio as well in DC. It's a year long activity to religiously cry about the Skins uuuuggghhh!

Flip Empty
05-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Obviously the Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins. They're the only constants.

NYSPORTS
05-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Philly and Dallas in the division with the 49ers being pretty young.

MattyD21
05-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Am i the only one who feels somthing boiling up with San Fran? Maybe beating them in NFC champ ( look at any highlight video on youtube all san fran fans ). With that being said im starting to dislike them for what they've done in the offseason with so many pick ups ( taking my fav MM82) and i just sense an overall real ****iness over there. Besides we play them this upcoming season and i can feel a real bloodbath coming

Lambeau12
05-08-2012, 04:31 PM
I dont consider the Giants a rival. It is alot easier to hate the Eagles and Cowboys then you guys.

Toadofsteel
05-09-2012, 10:10 PM
It always will be the Iggles. The Redskins and Cowboys share their own more intense rivalry. Yeah there's still rivalry across all 4 teams in the division, but it's not as intense outside those two pairs. And honestly, since 2007 I'm having a hard time hating the cowboys... more like I pity them for Jerrah's really crappy decisions with the team. Same with the redskins; they've been the joke of the division for years, and I can't really hate them, even after they beat us twice this year.

But for Philly, there's nothing but pure hate. If I practiced voodoo, I'd burn an effigy of an eagle every night. And it's not so much the players I hate, it's their fanbase. I dream of earning a lot of money, with which i buy the franchise and move them to LA, all the while revelling in the tears of unfathomable sadness that proceed forth from their fans, who riot in the streets and expose philly for the wasteland that it is. And that's pretty much the darkest feeling that resides in my heart...

BillTheGreek
05-10-2012, 02:39 AM
The Redskins & Eagles

MattyD21
05-10-2012, 04:26 AM
But for Philly, there's nothing but pure hate. If I practiced voodoo, I'd burn an effigy of an eagle every night. And it's not so much the players I hate, it's their fanbase. I dream of earning a lot of money, with which i buy the franchise and move them to LA, all the while revelling in the tears of unfathomable sadness that proceed forth from their fans, who riot in the streets and expose philly for the wasteland that it is. And that's pretty much the darkest feeling that resides in my heart...

x10,000

RoanokeFan
05-10-2012, 08:12 PM
<font color="#0000FF">Why in the next 5 years? Take it season by season.</font> This year it's Philly because Dallas is going nowhere with the head coach and owner they have. Washington maybe a threat but they have a rookie QB. They have <span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 30px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 36px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: inline !important; float: none; ">Mike Shanahan as head coach, i don't think he's that good.
</span>

I think this is a better approach. A lot can happen from season to season.

n420p69
05-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Eagles as always. Especially since they have played pretty well against us. If you are talking about a non divisional I agree with others that San Francisco, especially with that ******* Harbaugh as coach.

miked1958
05-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Packers seem to have been a big rival past 4 years meeting them twice in playoffs and this will be 4 th time in past 5 seasons we play them in regular yr

miked1958
05-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Or is it 4 times In 6 years we get them in regular season? Either way theres a good chance we meet in playoffs again this season to

Lambeau12
05-10-2012, 09:51 PM
I dont know Miked. The hate isnt there. It is a one sided rivalry at this point until we beat you in the playoffs.

Lambeau12
05-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I hope we dont get you guys in the playoffs again. I just dont have any faith we can beat you when it counts like other teams. I dont think we have lost twice at home to any other NFL team in the postseason but the Giants.

B&RWarrior
05-12-2012, 08:43 AM
<font color="#0000FF">Why in the next 5 years? Take it season by season.</font> This year it's Philly because Dallas is going nowhere with the head coach and owner they have. Washington maybe a threat but they have a rookie QB. They have <span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 30px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 36px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: inline !important; float: none; ">Mike Shanahan as head coach, i don't think he's that good.
</span>

I think this is a better approach.* A lot can happen from season to season.

Are they big Skins fans down there in your neck of the woods RF?

B&RWarrior
05-12-2012, 08:45 AM
I hope we dont get you guys in the playoffs again. I just dont have any faith we can beat you when it counts like other teams. I dont think we have lost twice at home to any other NFL team in the postseason but the Giants.

Bulldonkey! You know damn well you can beat anybody on anyday if that offense is clicking.

lawl
05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't even see the skins as a rival. They're just kind of there.

Now, the eagles on the otherhand...

B&RWarrior
05-12-2012, 11:02 AM

The Eagles on the other hand have never won anything. I think last year is proof that the Redskins are on their way up.

lawl
05-12-2012, 05:07 PM

The Eagles on the other hand have never won anything. I think last year is proof that the Redskins are on their way up.

The eagles have beaten us twice in the playoffs since 2006. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but the redskins haven't even made the playoffs since 2006.

Skins are bottom feeders

miked1958
05-13-2012, 11:56 PM
I hope we dont get you guys in the playoffs again. I just dont have any faith we can beat you when it counts like other teams. I dont think we have lost twice at home to any other NFL team in the postseason but the Giants.We lost twice to eagles in playoffs but one was at home and the other in philly since Eli has been here.

As far as GB goes u are right odds are not to good to come in their and win twice especially in playoffs. We just got hot at the right time is all.

miked1958
05-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Nobody thought we would beat the Pats twice in the SB either

THE_New_York_Giants
05-14-2012, 12:18 AM
**** the ***les, foreskins, and cowcraps. **** them all to hell.

Drez
05-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Nobody thought we would beat the Pats twice in the SB either
Well, quite a few people thought we'd win this past SB. The one in '07, no one outside of Giantsland thought we would.

B&RWarrior
05-14-2012, 10:06 AM

The eagles have beaten us twice in the playoffs since 2006. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but the redskins haven't even made the playoffs since 2006.

Skins are bottom feeders

Playoffs? Playoooooofffs??? We've got 4 Lombardi trophies, what the hell does a playoff victory mean? Nothing.

The rivalry is there but it won't ever be like the two SB champions battling like when the Skins and the Giants took the field for me in the late 80's early 90's.

Then again the Eagles to look ready to make a run. I just don't hate them as much as I hate the Skins. I still hate'em though.

Toadofsteel
05-14-2012, 02:24 PM

If it wasn't for them, though, we would have repeated in 2008 instead of being one and done. We also would have had a chance at a lombardi in 2010 if it wasn't for Evil Incarna... er, Desean Jackson. (the latter is less of a given though, since we would have had to go through the 2010 packers) When was the last time the Skins did anything to stop us from winning a lombardi.

B&RWarrior
05-14-2012, 03:22 PM

If it wasn't for them, though, we would have repeated in 2008 instead of being one and done. We also would have had a chance at a lombardi in 2010 if it wasn't for Evil Incarna... er, Desean Jackson. (the latter is less of a given though, since we would have had to go through the 2010 packers) When was the last time the Skins did anything to stop us from winning a lombardi.

Playoffs? Playoooooofffs??? We've got 4 Lombardi trophies, what the hell does a playoff victory mean? Nothing.

The rivalry is there but it won't ever be like the two SB champions battling like when the Skins and the Giants took the field for me in the late 80's early 90's.

Then again the Eagles do look ready to make a run. I just don't hate them as much as I hate the Skins. I still hate'em though.

jakegibbs
05-14-2012, 03:37 PM

I'd have to say Dallas right now. Isn't that the team the Giants open the season with?