Is it Hosley with a 4.38 in the 40?

B&RWarrior
05-05-2012, 12:02 AM
SO who is the fastest Giant this year?
Is it Hosley with a 4.38 in the 40?

I think Scott is still the fastest.

juice33s
05-05-2012, 12:03 AM
40 wise probably Scott...what he run, 4.34 I believe?

jomo
05-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Gordon Gekko might have said "speed is good." [;)]

miked1958
05-05-2012, 12:56 AM
40 wise probably Scott...what he run, 4.34 I believe?
Would like to see him get a chance to use that speed this year

miked1958
05-05-2012, 12:56 AM
I think we all would

titwio
05-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Jernigan and Scott are the fastest.

Hosley's 4.38 was actually unofficial...His official time at the combine was 4.47. Still fast though.

Between JJ, Scott, Prince, Hosley, and Wilson, the Giants have added a lot of team speed the last two drafts. Even Jacquian Williams is fast for a LB.

slipknottin
05-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Wilson has been reportedly timed sub 4.3. So it might be him

nevada11
05-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Off the field? Maybe scott

On the field? Mark Herzlich

GIANTSACK
05-05-2012, 07:47 PM

Wilson had been clock at 4.29 and wasnt 100% at combine and still ran a 4.4

titwio
05-05-2012, 08:05 PM

See I heard him say he wasn't 100% too but his vertical and broad jump both were ridiculous...41 inch vertical and 11ft broad...(both the highest for any RB)...

I know he's fast but those numbers don't sound like they came from someone who was hampered.

Spizi
05-05-2012, 08:41 PM

idc what he "had been clocked at" he doesnt have 4.2 or 4.3 speed. He's a low 4.4 guy.

RoanokeFan
05-05-2012, 09:08 PM
How can you all be missing this SO BAD? It's Mitch Petrus. Name me one other player EVER who damn near overshot the huddle the first time his number was called in a regular season game????[:P]

titwio
05-05-2012, 09:15 PM
How can you all be missing this SO BAD?* It's Mitch Petrus.* Name me one other player EVER who damn near overshot the huddle the first time his number was called in a regular season game????***[:P]

I remember this but can't find the video ( was sure there was one on youtube)...His number got called and he shot off the sideline like a mad man...lol

Love that guy.

RoanokeFan
05-05-2012, 09:22 PM
How can you all be missing this SO BAD? It's Mitch Petrus. Name me one other player EVER who damn near overshot the huddle the first time his number was called in a regular season game????[:P]

I remember this but can't find the video ( was sure there was one on youtube)...His number got called and he shot off the sideline like a mad man...lol

Love that guy.

I thought I was going to laugh to death.

egyptian420
05-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Love that guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04IYTRIpEBY

watch him in that interview....what a character lool...this guy always seems like he just had cocaine, ritalin, and meth

RoanokeFan
05-05-2012, 10:47 PM

Love that guy.

watch him in that interview....what a character lool...this guy always seems like he just had cocaine, ritalin, and meth

The Road Runner on SPEED.....

BeatYale
05-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't really think much about the 40 times from the combine or pro day workouts. Nicks was labeled as average, yet I haven't seen a DB run him down when he gets behind them.

Jamaar Taylor, even with a bum knee, was one of the fastest Giants I'd ever seen when it comes to explosiveness off the snap. He caught a few bombs from Eli before retiring early because of his knee.

B&RWarrior
05-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't really think much about the 40 times from the combine or pro day workouts. Nicks was labeled as average, yet I haven't seen a DB run him down when he gets behind them.

Jamaar Taylor, even with a bum knee, was one of the fastest Giants I'd ever seen when it comes to explosiveness off the snap. He caught a few bombs from Eli before retiring early because of his knee.

+100000

Taylor brings up great memories. I thought the kid was going to be the next great Giant WR. Too bad knee injuries were still career killers back then.

I agree Taylor was the fastest Giant I've seen in pads, but Tim Carter had the fastest 40 time and wasn't far off in pads.

fourth&forever
05-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah agreed. Track times are way different from speeds in pads and cleats.

I wonder who'd win if the whole team lined up and ran the forty in pads.

LT_was_good
05-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Does anyone remember the Thomas Lewis kickoff return TD from maybe 15 years ago? Herschael Walker displayed the fastest relative speed I've ever seen from a Giants player. He flew onto the screen, ran past Lewis, and made a block.

Fastest current Giant I am guessing is Scott, at least based on those pre-season TD runs.

Redeyejedi
05-07-2012, 09:47 AM
How can you all be missing this SO BAD?* It's Mitch Petrus.* Name me one other player EVER who damn near overshot the huddle the first time his number was called in a regular season game????***[:P]

Love that guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVTmZk28GKg

I forget sometimes how much I liked his college tape. I thought he was a 3rd rounder. He plays well when he is out there.

Idkaname
05-07-2012, 10:22 AM

I love Nicks and he's not slow but he has been caught i can remember 3 times last season
1. First redskins game 60 yarder to the 1..
2. 60 yarder against the bills to the 5
3. i think first cowboys game down to the 2 or 3?

BillTheGreek
05-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Da'Rel Scott, Give him a chance and he will prove himself.

Marvelousmik
05-10-2012, 05:13 AM
I dont care what any of their 40's were so i am going to judge by what i saw on the field where it matters. (in a giants uniform) On the field so far our 2 fastest players are scott and cruz.

Devin thomas and manninham are in the mix as well, but they're not with us anymore.

buddy33
05-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Don't forget about Prince. He ran a sub 4.4 at the combine.

jomo
05-10-2012, 01:05 PM

Love that guy.

......with a chaser of Red Bull.

egyptian420
05-10-2012, 01:17 PM

Love that guy.

......with a chaser of Red Bull.
lol

jonnyhaze
05-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I've never understood why they don't show the actual top speed and how quickly they can achieve it at the combine.
Yes I know acceleration is what creates separation but wouldn't someones top speed be a good indicator of true breakaway speed?
Running a good 40 at the combine has so much to do with a good start, technique, and reducing ground contact with those 18-20 steps.

crooza172
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I heard David Diehl can run a 4.28

fansince69
05-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I heard David Diehl can run a 4.28

That must be a 20 speed not a 40 speed...

AK_Jim
05-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm going with Cruz...he's one of those guys who runs faster than the guy chasing him. You could time him in the 40 and have 10 Giants faster, but I'd bet if you put one of them chasing him, he'd outrun him

Giants10Joe
05-11-2012, 01:36 AM
It's got to be Eli, right?

buddy33
05-11-2012, 05:46 PM
I forgot about Bing.