PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Games

zimonami
05-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I hate Monday night games, but I'm kinda shocked they gave the Superbowl Champs only one (1).
2012 Monday Night Football Schedule

Week 1 : Mon, Sep 10 - Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens (7 p.m. ET)

Week 1 : Mon, Sep 10 - San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders (10:15 p.m. ET)

Week 2 : Mon, Sep 17 - Denver Broncos at Atlanta Falcons (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 3 : Mon, Sep 24 - Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 4 : Mon, Oct 1 - Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 5 : Mon, Oct 8 - Houston Texans at New York Jets (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 6 : Mon, Oct 15 - Denver Broncos at San Diego Chargers (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 7 : Mon, Oct 22 - Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 8 : Mon, Oct 29 - San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 9 : Mon, Nov 5 - Philadelphia Eagles at New Orleans Saints (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 10 : Mon, Nov 12 - Kansas City Chiefs at Pittsburgh Steelers (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 11 : Mon, Nov 19 - Chicago Bears at San Francisco 49ers (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 12 : Mon, Nov 26 - Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 13 : Mon, Dec 3 - New York Giants at Washington Redskins (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 14 : Mon, Dec 10 - Houston Texans at New England Patriots (8:30 p.m. ET)

Week 15 : Mon, Dec 17 - New York Jets at Tennessee Titans (8:30 p.m. ET)

Source:

NFL Scoreboard

Lambeau12
05-06-2012, 03:25 PM
The Monday night lineup last year was horrible. Hopefully this year it will be better. Last year you had the Jags vs Browns and just bottom tier teams playing on Monday night last year.

NYGRealityCheck
05-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Doesn't the monday night game usually means 1 less day of the week to prepare for the next opponent unless it's a bye. With a supposedly tough schedule, preparation is key and you can never have enough preparation for tough opponents.

I'm fine with it. Only have to stay up late one monday night next season.

zimonami
05-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Doesn't the monday night game usually means 1 less day of the week to prepare for the next opponent unless it's a bye. With a supposedly tough schedule, preparation is key and you can never have enough preparation for tough opponents.

I'm fine with it. Only have to stay up late one monday night next season.
I agree, which is why I hate Monday night games, especially as the away team. That extra day for their body to recouperate is important.
During the Bye portion of the season, teams coming off Monday night should have a Bye the next week. And, only teams coming off of a Bye should play on a Thursday.

nhpgiantsfan
05-06-2012, 04:02 PM
MNF is not what it used to be.. Sunday night is the big game now. That switched when NBC took Sunday night and ESPN moved to MNF. That being said we will probably have the maixum number of Sunday night games allowable by the rules.

Kase-1
05-07-2012, 07:18 PM
2 Denver
2 Jets
2 SF
2 Chicago
2 Philthy
2 Houston

We get overlooked again, meh Im kinda used to it by now. But ill gladly take the unrecognized SB Winner over the flash and media darling teams

bELIeve_in_Giants
05-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Sunday night games are the ones that have respect tied to it now.

Pksoze
05-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Monday Night is for second tier teams. The Giants have three Sunday Night Games on NBC, one nfl network game, and one Monday Night. Not bad at all.

yoeddy
05-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Looks like we have 5 night games overall, including opening night on a Wednesday, a Thursday night game, 2 Sunday night games and a Monday night game....

SweetZombieJesus
05-10-2012, 07:47 AM
MNF is not what it used to be.. Sunday night is the big game now.

B&RWarrior
05-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Redskins match up with a more experienced RG3 is gonna be a battle in week 13. Running QBs give Perry Fewell's defenses trouble.

nygsb42champs
05-10-2012, 08:07 AM
I am so glad there is only 1 Monday Night Game.

LT_was_good
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
The MNF lineup actually looks pretty solid this year. Peyton twice, Bears who I think will be good, Texans, Saints/Eagles ... of course, I don't have cable so I don't watch many non-Giants games. But still, looks good.

zimonami
05-10-2012, 02:08 PM
I am so glad there is only 1 Monday Night Game.

Couldn't agree more.

jax5338
05-10-2012, 03:15 PM
you have to wait an extra day, it runs late and people have work in the morning, the broadcast stinks, the announcers stink, and the giants stink when they play on it.

^^reasons i hate MNF^^

zimonami
05-10-2012, 04:09 PM
you have to wait an extra day, it runs late and people have work in the morning, the broadcast stinks, the announcers stink, and the giants stink when they play on it.

^^reasons i hate MNF^^
I hate waiting that extra day... my football juices are running on Sunday.
I hate that it gives our guys one less day for their bodies to heal for the next game.
I go to bed at 2 every night, so it's not too late for me, but for the normal world it would be so much better starting at 7:30 or 8.
Giants have always stunk on Monday nights. I remember a game back in the 70's against the St; Louis Cardinals where we were both horrid teams and the game went to overtime and we both missed chippy FG's in OT, and the whole game just screamed "Stinkeroo"... ended in a tie. Even the announcers (Howard, Meredith and Giffiord) said that it looked like neither team wanted to win. It stuck in my craw and I've hated us on Monday night's ever since. And, if we don't stink on Monday night, we are sure to stink the following Sunday.

keyofgmen
05-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Hate most night games. High School ..OK
NFL is 1PM Sunday in the East game for me!

Roosevelt
05-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Sunday night games are the ones that have respect tied to it now.

Yes. Sunday is THE night.

Monday's have been reduced to ESPN.

miked1958
05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Looks like we have 5 night games overall, including opening night on a Wednesday, a Thursday night game, 2 Sunday night games and a Monday night game....

You are only allowed a certain number of prime time games and I think they were already at the max. You have the wed nite opener and the mandatory thur nite game. They get 2 sun nite ones which only allowed for a max of 1 mon nite game