PDA

View Full Version : What part of our team will improve the most this year.

NYFan221
05-06-2012, 09:31 PM
From last season to this one, which part of our team will be most improved?

I'm saying O-line, one full year together, should help strengthen the "bond."

DB's could be another, TT back, rolle back to saftey, prince's second year, and a lot of depth behind them.

B&RWarrior
05-06-2012, 09:58 PM
I hope your right and I'm wrong. I say the LB core will show the most improvement with the addition of Rivers, and J Will and Herzlich returning for the second year, and another year of experience at LB for Kiwi.

nhpgiantsfan
05-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Has to be O-Line. They can't possibly be worse than last year. There is only one direction to go.

gmen0820
05-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Defensive Ends. We need a full year of dominance, can't pray for them (minus JPP) to have it turn on in late December. Tuck, Osi, and even Kiwi need to be consistent forces all year. JPP hasn't proved problematic in consistency.

NYFan221
05-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I hope your right and I'm wrong. I say the LB core will show the most improvement with the addition of Rivers, and J Will and Herzlich returning for the second year, and another year of experience at LB for Kiwi.

if we run a similar D to the one we ran last year, the LB core isn't a big worry as we only have 2 LB's on the field at a time, and i thought they did a pretty good job last year anyway.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-06-2012, 11:21 PM
I hope the return game. Through the playoffs that was the main time of the game I was holding my breath.

NYFan221
05-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Defensive Ends. We need a full year of dominance, can't pray for them (minus JPP) to have it turn on in late December. Tuck, Osi, and even Kiwi need to be consistent forces all year. JPP hasn't proved problematic in consistency.

now that our secondary is gunna be back to full strength, the need for the DE's to still be dominant will be less than the need from last season. I still don't think they did that bad last year.

rainierjef
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
hopefully its the fans.

boo hoo we have a hell stretch its over

NYFan221
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
I hope the return game. Through the playoffs that was the main time of the game I was holding my breath.

I honestly can't remember the last time i was confident in or excited about out return game, maybe back when hixon was healthy. an improvement would be extremely welcome.

NYFan221
05-06-2012, 11:25 PM
hopefully its the fans.

looool never gunna happen.

G.I. Ants
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
O-line should improve the most this year. I would like to see the LB's step it up as well.

giantsfan420
05-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Has to be O-Line.* They can't possibly be worse than last year.* There is only one direction to go.

i'd say based on room for improvement it'd be the OL and running game...

and I hope they are the most improved unit...
if not them, then I agree with GMEN, the DE unit will hopefully contribute at a high level all season and not just depend on JPP for most of it.

giantsfan420
05-07-2012, 07:30 AM
hopefully its the fans.

so ironic.

i too hope certain fans improve as well...

Mercury
05-07-2012, 07:55 AM
When people say the Oline, they must be thinking of the running game. The Oline did pretty well all year in pass protection. The run game was dead last, and that's where we must improve.

giantsfan420
05-07-2012, 08:18 AM
When people say the Oline, they must be thinking of the running game.* The Oline did pretty well all year in pass protection.* The run game was dead last, and that's where we must improve.

well i got to respectfully disagree...completely.

Eli masked the OL deficiencies in the pass game, the running backs couldn't do that in the run game. OL absolutely needs to improve in pass and run blocking...run blocking was putrid, and pass blocking wasn't much better.

Eli was among the most sacked, hit, and pressured last season...

NYFan221
05-07-2012, 08:44 AM
When people say the Oline, they must be thinking of the running game. The Oline did pretty well all year in pass protection. The run game was dead last, and that's where we must improve.

Eli masked the OL deficiencies in the pass game, the running backs couldn't do that in the run game. OL absolutely needs to improve in pass and run blocking...run blocking was putrid, and pass blocking wasn't much better.

definitely, although they were much better at pass protection than run blocking, the pass protection was still sub-par.

gumby742
05-07-2012, 08:52 AM
defense. would can't get much worse, than last year.

B&RWarrior
05-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Defense showed up at the end when it counted. If the defense can play like they did the last 6 games I can live with that. We shut out ATL, gave up 20 to that insane Packers offense and held the 49ers and NE to 17 points. I don't see a lot of room for improvement there.

Mercury
05-07-2012, 09:53 AM

I don't think we are in complete disagreement. I agree that Eli was under pressure too much. I'm just saying the run game was dead last, you can't say that about the passing game or the pass protection.

Furthermore, I think JR's offseason has put an emphasis on improving the run game. With the acquisitions of Bennett and Wilson, I expect the run game to be the area we improve the most. Whereas, the Oline, while not ignored, did not have the same off season emphasis. Actually, I was surprised we didn't go Oline until the 4th round.

Hence, I say the run game will likely improve more than the overall Oline.

nhpgiantsfan
05-07-2012, 09:53 AM
</P>

</P>

I don't know what you were watching, but Eli has never taken a beating like he did last year. It is a real testiment to his toughness that he was able to stay on the field all year. Thank God the pressure doesnt rattle him like it does most QB's..</P>

NYFan221
05-07-2012, 10:30 AM
</p>

</p>

I don't know what you were watching, but Eli has never taken a beating like he did last year. It is a real testiment to his toughness that he was able to stay on the field all year. Thank God the pressure doesnt rattle him like it does most QB's..</p>

nothing rattles eli! not even poor SNL skit writting.

JesseJames
05-07-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm hoping the most improved part of our team this coming season will be the run game because when you're dead last in a category the only way to go is up and the Giants have always liked to be a run first team. This is a passing league right now but we still have to be able to run the ball..

B&RWarrior
05-07-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm hoping the most improved part of our team this coming season will be the run game because when you're dead last in a category the only way to go is up and the Giants have always liked to be a run first team. This is a passing league right now but we still have to be able to run the ball..

+1

giantsfan420
05-07-2012, 01:41 PM
When people say the Oline, they must be thinking of the running game.* The Oline did pretty well all year in pass protection.* The run game was dead last, and that's where we must improve.

I don't think we are in complete disagreement.* I agree that Eli was under pressure too much.* I'm just saying the run game was dead last, you can't say that about the passing game or the pass protection.

Furthermore, I think JR's offseason has put an emphasis on improving the run game.* With the acquisitions of Bennett and Wilson, I expect the run game to be the area we improve the most.* Whereas, the Oline, while not ignored, did not have the same off season emphasis.* Actually, I was surprised we didn't go Oline until the 4th round.*

Hence, I say the run game will likely improve more than the overall Oline.

oh ok, well i respect that point of view.

but, Diehl and KMac were rated as THE WORST T in pass protection last season, DD was also ranked the worst G in pass protection as well...the OL was terrible vs the pass rush, eli's play masked that which is why a lot of people share your thinking...

gumby742
05-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Defense showed up at the end when it counted. If the defense can play like they did the last 6 games I can live with that. We shut out ATL, gave up 20 to that insane Packers offense and held the 49ers and NE to 17 points. I don't see a lot of room for improvement there.</P>

So you're cool to just ignore the fact that we looked like doo doo for the good majority of the season? I realize that winning the SB does many things to make people feel warm and fuzzy, but c'mon now.</P>

miked1958
05-08-2012, 12:38 AM

now that our secondary is gunna be back to full strength, the need for the DE's to still be dominant will be less than the need from last season. I still don't think they did that bad last year.

I agree with you. They were next to last in a lot of stats.

miked1958
05-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Also our running game. But that hinges on the o line

THE_New_York_Giants
05-08-2012, 12:47 AM
I still vote the return game.

The defense was fine aside from the NO game, the first Dallas game, and the Seahawks game (though that was an all around crap fest).

gmen0820
05-08-2012, 01:11 AM

Well yeah it will be less, but marginally less I believe. Our defense needs consistent front four pressure/gap discipline in order to excel.

And our CBs are either gimpy, or inexperienced (with the exception of Webster), one could make that case. I think our secondary will be much better next year, but just like the DL, the secondary played lights out in the run as well. So really, you can choose either unit as one to desire improvement, or in this instance, consistency. I personally think that the secondary improving is more plausible than Tuck, and Osi actually staying 100%.

Bohemian
05-08-2012, 02:21 AM
From last season to this one, which part of our team will be most improved?

I'm saying O-line, one full year together, should help strengthen the "bond."

DB's could be another, TT back, rolle back to saftey, prince's second year, and a lot of depth behind them.

I agree. The O-line should have a better year, because the running game can do nothing but improve from last year.

I am looking forward to seeing how the TE position shapes up. This year, we seem to have brought in athletic TEs who can catch and block. Beckum should be out, and Pascoe and Bennett will be pushed.

At RB, it is easy to see how Wilson and Bradshaw are a deadly combo. The question will be on how well does Wilson adapts to picking up blitzes. Scott, Ware and Brown will have to really pick it up to even get any touches.

At WR, loosing Manningham was tough, but not devastating, as the team is one of the deepest in the league at the position. Randle, Hixon and Jernigan will definitely make it interesting. This really should be Barden's last shot to prove that he belongs.

The defense in general should see dramatic improvements, as the LBing crew really look good, and the secondary will dominate if they can stay healthy. We can always count with that amazing Dline.

Special teams are very much set, but the return game is an enigma in my opinion. I really did not like seeing Devin Thomas leave the team, as he really proved to be the hero in the game against the 9ers.

NY_Eli
05-08-2012, 02:44 AM
I'll say running game as a whole. If Eli can keep up his performance from last year AND the running game gets going, wow. That would be hard to stop.