PDA

View Full Version : SNL

rebelfan1966
05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Do you think ELI was an "elite" SNL TV host?

lawl
05-07-2012, 07:33 PM
I didn't know people still watch that show

BlueBlitzer
05-07-2012, 07:44 PM
That opening monologue was SOOoooooo long and boring. ( Of course a bunch of Liberals huffing a bong might think it's hilarious, but no it wasn't ).

egyptian420
05-07-2012, 07:58 PM
That opening monologue was SOOoooooo long and boring. ( Of course a bunch of Liberals huffing a bong might think it's hilarious, but no it wasn't ).
Hey....not all of us are liberals...I'm a proud conservative bong hitter [:D]

BlueBlitzer
05-07-2012, 08:28 PM
That has always been my point on SNL. Once you go political, you lose half your audience. Keep it slap stick, people love that stuff. I don't think it ever goes out of style.

chasjay
05-07-2012, 08:49 PM

Eli was Eli. I don't agree with Morehead that being Eli translates to Dork - but Eli is a thoughtful, private person. I'm not sure his personality allows him to morph into other characters - a trait that is required of a good actor.

So, in my opinion, Eli was a personality who was awarded the opportunity to host the show. Eli deserved it, and contrary to a few other opinions I've read on the board, I don't think he embarrassed himself. I don't think he fumbled the snap.

He certainly didn't embarrass himself, or any fan of the New York Football Giants, this past February. That's what got him the chance to host the show.

bELIeve_in_Giants
05-07-2012, 09:42 PM
As far as non-actor or comedian hosts go, Eli was excellent. Compare him to Michael Phelps and you'll see what I'm talking about.

They had him in nearly every sketch and he was a good sport about himself.

It was a typical SNL show with a couple of strong skits and a lot of filler.

He's mostly getting good reviews from entertainment sites.

ashleymarie
05-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Eli will always be Eli. We knew that from the get-go. I was not disappointed one bit in the show, being what it is. I laughed out loud at the court room skit and the brothers skit. I laughed at him discussing that his o-line goes everywhere with him.</P>

The man did well, considering the writers not giving him much to draw from. He made fun of himself and he is still very secure in who he is. </P>

Firenugget
05-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I stopped watching SNL when they put Adam Sandler on it.

nygsb42champs
05-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Not a elite TV host.

BigBlue wins
05-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Pretty sure he was an underdog host too

Roosevelt
05-08-2012, 10:30 AM

^ This.

I don't what it is about that guy that people find the least bit funny.

chasjay
05-08-2012, 11:36 AM

^ This.

I don't what it is about that guy that people find the least bit funny.

I can see a little humor at the root of some of his skits and movies, but then he takes the ideas to such extremes and with such exaggerated characters and scenarios that whatever might have been amusing gets totally lost in all the noise and, to me, ends up being painful to watch.

Go Giants!! (my effort at making this pertain to NYG football)

gmen46
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Eli was Eli. I don't agree with Morehead that being Eli translates to Dork - but Eli is a thoughtful, private person. I'm not sure his personality allows him to morph into other characters - a trait that is required of a good actor.

So, in my opinion, Eli was a personality who was awarded the opportunity to host the show. Eli deserved it, and contrary to a few other opinions I've read on the board, I don't think he embarrassed himself. I don't think he fumbled the snap.

He certainly didn't embarrass himself, or any fan of the New York Football Giants, this past February. That's what got him the chance to host the show.

Perfect response.

BK07071
05-09-2012, 07:54 PM

NO!