PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ravens offer 3rd round pick for Osi

Eli TO Shockey
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
take it for what its worth.

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline" data-ft="{&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;:&quot;}"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2,&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;:&quot;}">Giants 101 (http://www.facebook.com/giants101)</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Drew Boylhart of The Huddle Report is reporting that the Baltimore Ravens (http://www.facebook.com/baltimoreravens) have offered a 3rd round pick for Osi Umenyiora (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Osi-Umenyiora/108015912559142)</span></h6>

Kruunch
05-08-2012, 02:15 PM

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline" data-ft="{"tn":":"}"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{"type":2,"tn":":"}">Giants 101 (http://www.facebook.com/giants101)</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">Drew Boylhart of The Huddle Report is reporting that the Baltimore Ravens (http://www.facebook.com/baltimoreravens) have offered a 3rd round pick for Osi Umenyiora (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Osi-Umenyiora/108015912559142)</span></h6>

Let's see if JR can get them up to a 2nd round pick.

I think that's the Giants FO magic number.

galaxy10
05-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Still a good situational player, but I am getting tired of the same old story. I say trade him for a 2nd. Wonder if they will pay him what he thinks he is worth.

giantsfan420
05-08-2012, 02:32 PM
osi has no problem playing the final year out of his contract with another team, just the giants, oddly enough smh

Aperspective
05-08-2012, 02:39 PM
He will be gone this week.

Eli TO Shockey
05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
lets see if reese bites. i hope he doesnt, let Osi play this season out. If osi goes, kiwi goes back to DE and our LB's suffer. Osi will play his butt off if he really wants to get paid. It'll be interesting how this one plays out..

crooza172
I'd like to see a legitimate source for this rumor.....

gumby742
uhm. yeah. no. Even for a 2nd round pick, it might be worth more to have Osi play out his contract. It'll give us a better chance to repeat.

MattyD21
05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Cant sell this guy, u must be kidding.
outside of JPP he is OUR best DE , yes better than Tuck

Eli TO Shockey
05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Still a good situational player, but I am getting tired of the same old story. I say trade him for a 2nd. Wonder if they will pay him what he thinks he is worth.

im really up in this air with this one. losing osi really hurts our front 7 depth, especially with the loss of tollefson.

Eli TO Shockey
05-08-2012, 02:48 PM

when you say DE, you do mean COMPLETE DE, correct? Osi is an incredible pass rusher, but lacks in the run D. Tuck, on the other hand, is a complete player. no comparison there.

Marvelousmik
05-08-2012, 02:48 PM

this is basically a 4th round pick. The ravens are a good team that usually makes it to the playoffs each year. Then again i doubt we would get a 2nd rounder for osi. Asking for a first may be looked at as disrespect.

Antwuan
05-08-2012, 03:08 PM
The Giants will only do this for a 1st or 2nd Round Draft Pick.

TuckYou
05-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Cant sell this guy, u must be kidding. outside of JPP he is OUR best DE , yes better than Tuck

when you say DE, you do mean COMPLETE DE, correct? Osi is an incredible pass rusher, but lacks in the run D. Tuck, on the other hand, is a complete player. no comparison there.
</P>

You mean, when healthy? Tuck was a shell of himself most of last year. Osi was more of an impact DE then Tuck throughout the season. And Im not knocking Tuck, but Im tired of peopleunder estimating the value of Osi playing DE. </P>

HE MADE EVERYONE BETTER, INCLUDING TUCK!</P>

Osi for a 1st or baulk at the price. He is too valuable for his final year to sell cheap.</P>

Pageiommi
05-08-2012, 03:26 PM
If Osi has a good year and leaves via fa at the end well get a comp 3rd the following ear anyway. One year with a pro bowl de is worth more than getting that 3rd a year earlier.

njersey
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
uhm. yeah. no. Even for a 2nd round pick, it might be worth more to have Osi play out his contract. It'll give us a better chance to repeat.

I agree. He should honor his contract.

XxBigWhitxX
05-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I say we push for the 2nd you never know what can happen in a season with injuries. Who woulda thought the Colts (consistent 12 win playoff team) would not have Peyton all year and go 2-14. all it takes is one or two injuries like Flacco, Lewis, or Rice going down for the year.

nygsb42champs
05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Not enough

conlsmc06
05-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Cant sell this guy, u must be kidding. outside of JPP he is OUR best DE , yes better than Tuck

</P>

You mean, when healthy? Tuck was a shell of himself most of last year. Osi was more of an impact DE then Tuck throughout the season. And Im not knocking Tuck, but Im tired of people*under estimating the value of Osi playing DE. </P>

Osi for a 1st or baulk at the price. He is too valuable for his final year to sell cheap.</P>

Are you serious? Osi was better than Tuck THROUGHOUT the season? Dude missed 7 regular season games, tuck played through injuries, and as soon as Osi realized he wasn't going to get his raise, he opted for surgery. People need to wake up, there is a reason JPP is the starter now. Osi has no gact what so ever, and if this d bag is going to hold out again, I am fine with it, it costs him 30000 dollars a day, bet he doesn't go that route again, I bet he already has an injury all picked out

radar-ray
05-08-2012, 04:24 PM
uhm. yeah. no. Even for a 2nd round pick, it might be worth more to have Osi play out his contract. It'll give us a better chance to repeat.This 1000%.

MattMeyerBud
05-08-2012, 04:25 PM

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline" data-ft="{"tn":":"}"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{"type":2,"tn":":"}">Giants 101 (http://www.facebook.com/giants101)</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">Drew Boylhart of The Huddle Report is reporting that the Baltimore Ravens (http://www.facebook.com/baltimoreravens) have offered a 3rd round pick for Osi Umenyiora (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Osi-Umenyiora/108015912559142)</span></h6>

counter with a third that could move up to a second based on how he plays and how much time he plays....

i'd be cool with that

MattMeyerBud
05-08-2012, 04:25 PM
uhm. yeah. no. Even for a 2nd round pick, it might be worth more to have Osi play out his contract. It'll give us a better chance to repeat.This 1000%.

i think for a second rounder its a no brainer

conlsmc06
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Tact, Osi has no tact

gumby742
05-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Dunno. Do you think we can repeat without him? I'm not so sure.

Not that I don't think we can talent wise, but I'm not confident that Fewell is able to adjust to any injuries we may have to our dline. Tuck is always banged up these days.

JPP
05-08-2012, 04:29 PM

this is basically a 4th round pick. The ravens are a good team that usually makes it to the playoffs each year. Then again i doubt we would get a 2nd rounder for osi. Asking for a first may be looked at as disrespect.

offering us anything lower than a 2nd round pick would be disrespect even if you include factors like age and contract, remember we'll likely get a decent compensation pick so that on top of Osi's play all year long is worth more than a late 3rd rounder. I would do it for a 2nd minimum just to get rid of the headache, don't get me wrong I like Osi as a player but this is getting tiring.

RichGiants81
05-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Still a good situational player, but I am getting tired of the same old story.* I say trade him for a 2nd.* Wonder if they will pay him what he thinks he is worth.

How's a second round pick in next years draft gonna help the team repeat this year? if they trade him at all it should be either for a first rounder or an equally talented player who can step in right away and have the same impact osi would have

JMFP2
05-08-2012, 04:41 PM

offering us anything lower than a 2nd round pick would be disrespect even if you include factors like age and contract, remember we'll likely get a decent compensation pick so that on top of Osi's play all year long is worth more than a late 3rd rounder. I would do it for a 2nd minimum just to get rid of the headache, don't get me wrong I like Osi as a player but this is getting tiring.</P>

Agreed.</P>

Osi, right now, is a great pass rusher....he's capable of playing at a higher level than any of the DE's that were drafted in the 1st round.</P>

After this season, he's likely gone, though, so, at the least, I'd want to see the Giants get a 2nd rounder, because in the 3rd round, the chances of finding any of his caliber drop off alot.</P>

Morehead State
05-08-2012, 04:41 PM
How's a second round pick in next years draft gonna help the team repeat this year? if they trade him at all it should be either for a first rounder or an equally talented player who can step in right away and have the same impact osi would have</P>

3rd rounder....No</P>

2nd rounder.....yes</P>

</P>

And trading Osi WILL help us this year because it frees almost $5MM in cap space. We won't have to make some tough cuts in order to sign our draftees. Plus, losing Osi allows JPP to play right DE all the time where he belongs.</P>

myles2424
05-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Osi leaves for 3rd round pick <. Osi finishes contract & get 3rd round compensatory...

gmen0820
05-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Osi leaves for 3rd round pick <. Osi finishes contract & get 3rd round compensatory...There is no guarantee that we get any more than a 5th round comp for Osi, if anything.

I don't want to trade Osi, but I damn sure don't see an imaginary comp pick in 2014 as the reason for that.

keyofgmen
05-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Nope. Why would Giants do this with a year between now and when this pick would be available? Waste a DE talent for a whole year? Makes no sense.
Before draft maybe, not now. Would need a 2nd and a player now that might help Giants this year.

GMENAGAIN
05-08-2012, 05:37 PM

<H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline" tn?:?:?}? data-ft="{">
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{" type?:2,?tn?:?:?}?>Giants 101 (http://www.facebook.com/giants101)</DIV></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft="{" type?:1}?><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft="{" type?:3}?>Drew Boylhart of The Huddle Report is reporting that the Baltimore Ravens (http://www.facebook.com/baltimoreravens) have offered a 3rd round pick for Osi Umenyiora (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Osi-Umenyiora/108015912559142)</SPAN></H6>

Let's see if JR can get them up to a 2nd round pick. I think that's the Giants FO magic number.</P>

What would we get as a compensatory pick if he plays out the last year of his deal and then walks??? A 3rd rounder??</P>

Not sure why we would take what will likely be a late second rounder now . . . . . unless Osi goes off the deep end and becomes unmanageable. Unless that happens, it makes no sense for us to do this. </P>

myles2424
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Osi leaves for 3rd round pick <. Osi finishes contract & get 3rd round compensatory...There is no guarantee that we get any more than a 5th round comp for Osi, if anything.

I don't want to trade Osi, but I damn sure don't see an imaginary comp pick in 2014 as the reason for that. Ofcourse you don't keep him hoping for a compensatory pick.....you keep him because he's a probowler....%100 wed get more than a 5th

gmen0820
05-08-2012, 05:48 PM

I don't want to trade Osi, but I damn sure don't see an imaginary comp pick in 2014 as the reason for that. Ofcourse you don't keep him hoping for a compensatory pick.....you keep him because he's a probowler....%100 wed get more than a 5thThere is absolutely no guarantee. Could you explain the formula to me, because it's nearly impossible for fans to accurately predict that, a year in advanced nonetheless.

GMENAGAIN
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Osi leaves for 3rd round pick &lt;. Osi finishes contract &amp; get 3rd round compensatory...There is no guarantee that we get any more than a 5th round comp for Osi, if anything. I don't want to trade Osi, but I damn sure don't see an imaginary comp pick in 2014 as the reason for that.</P>

The Giants have to take the compensatory pick into account, because you're not really getting a 3rd round pick for him . . . . you're getting the difference between a 3rd and the projected compensatory pick (whatever that is).</P>

MattyD21
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM

</P>

You mean, when healthy? Tuck was a shell of himself most of last year. Osi was more of an impact DE then Tuck throughout the season. And Im not knocking Tuck, but Im tired of people*under estimating the value of Osi playing DE. </P>

Are you serious? Osi was better than Tuck THROUGHOUT the season? Dude missed 7 regular season games, tuck played through injuries, and as soon as Osi realized he wasn't going to get his raise, he opted for surgery. People need to wake up, there is a reason JPP is the starter now. Osi has no gact what so ever, and if this d bag is going to hold out again, I am fine with it, it costs him 30000 dollars a day, bet he doesn't go that route again, I bet he already has an injury all picked out

Regular season : TUCK missed 4 games to osi's 7 , osi had 9 sacks to tuck's 5 . we can talk apples and oranges but numbers don't lie

titwio
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Not worth it. Knowing the Ravens it's going to be a high 3rd round pick...pretty much the same as a fourth.

Don't think that's what Reese has in mind. Might as well just keep Osi for another year.

gmen0820
05-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Osi leaves for 3rd round pick <. Osi finishes contract & get 3rd round compensatory...There is no guarantee that we get any more than a 5th round comp for Osi, if anything. I don't want to trade Osi, but I damn sure don't see an imaginary comp pick in 2014 as the reason for that.</P>

The Giants have to take the compensatory pick into account, because you're not really getting a 3rd round pick for him . . . . you're getting the difference between a 3rd and the projected compensatory pick (whatever that is).</P>Exactly, but there's a chance we could get nothing.

I highly doubt Osi gets close to the contract he thinks he will. Abraham wanted like 8+ mil or something, he didnt even sniff that, and he is a better weak side end than Osi.

That said, let's say Osi gets a 4 year 20 mil contract from a team, the Giants would have to virtually sign no one, Osi would have to stay healthy for a whole year to put up dominant numbers, and that team would have to have great success in that year for us to get that comfortable 3rd round comp pick, because I've read that all those play factors.

Again, no one can accurately predict comp picks, so people who are dead set that they could get 3rd round comp, are just speaking out of ignorance. I do agree though, if Osi only warrants a third, Baltimore's third, I'd pass. Like you said, you're getting the difference of the 3rd and the awarded (if any) comp.

I would do it for Miami's second and fourth (other thread), although I'm positive that's just really bad speculation.

MattMeyerBud
05-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Dunno. Do you think we can repeat without him? I'm not so sure.

Not that I don't think we can talent wise, but I'm not confident that Fewell is able to adjust to any injuries we may have to our dline. Tuck is always banged up these days.

i think Osi is a malcontent and can't be relied on unless he paid. Then even if he is paid, hes due for another season ending injury.

Time to move on if hes going to ***** about it. Kiwi has been resigned and I think he'll be back on the front lines this year

RoanokeFan
05-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Not really, he's the # 3 DE on this team.