PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi?

Warchild
05-08-2012, 03:52 PM
If this is true, we should jump all over this trade!

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=442599

Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi?
kelsto811 : 2:16 pm
RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR

Had to put that out there because well it is out there...Might be worth discussing. Saw it browsing Ralph Vacchiano's twitter and it was posted on Scout.com. For the record I really don't believe it but where are the BBI asshats when you need them?

gmen0820
05-08-2012, 03:53 PM
I'd do it. That pick could easily be a top ten second rounder.

GMenNY21
05-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Wow

RoanokeFan
05-08-2012, 04:00 PM
That's only a deal IF we don't need Osi this season to have a shot at repeating. We have to get through this season before we would, theoretically, reap the benefits of two draft pics next year.

I just don't see any advantage to Osi in holding out if his demands aren't met. So he's under contract and will play here is that's what Reese decides is best.

keyofgmen
05-08-2012, 04:05 PM
That's only a deal IF we don't need Osi this season to have a shot at repeating.** We have to get through this season before we would, theoretically, reap the benefits of two draft pics next year.

I just don't see any advantage to Osi in holding out if his demands aren't met.* So he's under contract and will play here is that's what Reese decides is best.

Right. Why would Giants do this with a year between now and when these picks would be available? Waste a DE talent for a whole year? Makes no sense.
Before draft maybe, not now. Would need a 2nd and a player now that might help Giants this year.

greenca190
05-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Who will take his spot? We didn't invest during the draft in his replacement. Can any one name our fourth defensive end right now?

RoanokeFan
05-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Who will take his spot? We didn't invest during the draft in his replacement. Can any one name our fourth defensive end right now?

That's the point. I think we need him this year and since he's already said publicly he won't ask a new team to rework his contract, even he can't now say the GIANTS he's holding out for more money this season. He's going to have to go into FA after this season and see what his worth really is.

Obviously nothing precludes Osi from accepting the contract extension he's already been offered or any amended version Reese might put forward bewteen now and then.

hungrrrry
05-08-2012, 04:25 PM
You guys are nuts! This is a great trade! The Dolphins aren't likely to be an 8-8 teams next year so that should be a valuable set of picks for our arsenal. I honestly think Kiwi adds alot to our Dline as a dual threat pass-rush/run-stopper and I believe he is much more reliable and consistent. I really like Osi on the field but he has this diva thing going these days and this team could do without it.

Now if reese is seriously thinking of re-signing Osi then lets get on with it or just end it if this trade rumor is based on facts!

domfin
05-08-2012, 04:38 PM
I would like to see them package OSI in a deal for Jake Long.

JMFP2
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
This is another reason why Tollefson was a significant loss.

greenca190
05-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I would like to see them package OSI in a deal for Jake Long.

So osi and two firsts for long?

JimC
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
You guys are nuts! This is a great trade! The Dolphins aren't likely to be an 8-8 teams next year so that should be a valuable set of picks for our arsenal. I honestly think Kiwi adds alot to our Dline as a dual threat pass-rush/run-stopper and I believe he is much more reliable and consistent. I really like Osi on the field but he has this diva thing going these days and this team could do without it.

Now if reese is seriously thinking of re-signing Osi then lets get on with it or just end it if this trade rumor is based on facts!

If this is true.....it would be a good deal. We are going to lose Osi next year and then what do we have. With or without Osi the chances of making the SB this year will be great. I'd go with a Miami #2 and #4 next year.......perhaps there will be an abundance of DE's in next years draft.

BlueSanta
05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
There are a lot of rumors out there in the last couple days. But here is the thing: any of these teams vieing for trades will require Osi to renegotiate his contract prior to executing the trade. Nobody is going to give up a 2nd and 4th or anything close to that for a guy who will walk at the end of next season.

So, that means they have to come to terms with Osi which is no easy feat, as we have seen in recent years.

so even if these rumors are true, which is often not the case with rumors, they are still going to be hard to act on.

GiantSteps13
05-08-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't see the problem. Whats wrong with moving Kiwi back to DE? We have enough LB's now (Rivers, Boley, J-will, jones, herzlich,blackburn). I know Kiwi did well last year at LB but he is a better DE, imo. As much as I like osi and would like to keep him, because of his pressure and crazy turnover ability that is hard to replace, I would take this trade and atleast get something in return for him.

Neverend
05-08-2012, 04:52 PM
If this were before the draft, I'll take it

Now? No thanks. Down the stretch in 08 when the giants were trying to repeat, defensive line depth they could have used a LOT. The giants didn't draft a pass rusher and the loss of both osi and tollefson would hurt the depth

maybe signing andre carter if healthy would help tho, but not much options after that. I'd keep Osi at this point

GiantSteps13
05-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Now? No thanks. Down the stretch in 08 when the giants were trying to repeat, defensive line depth they could have used a LOT. The giants didn't draft a pass rusher and the loss of both osi and tollefson would hurt the depth

maybe signing andre carter if healthy would help tho, but not much options after that. I'd keep Osi at this point

I would take a 2nd rounder, a 4th rounder and andre carter in place of Osi. Carter can still play and probably for the vet min. Not a bad idea.

titwio
05-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Justin Trattou or Clint Sintim I'm guessing. I'm hearing they're high on the Trattou kid and Clint is better served as a pass rusher...just not sure where he's at with his injury but...he should have a whole years worth of rehab before the season starts.

Anyway...that's just my guess.

TuckYou
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Osi is worth a 1st IMO, but a 2nd and 4th isnt too shabby. I dont want to lose Osi though because we didnt get anyone to replace him. Kiwi will play DE I guess, but with Tucks injuries, we would cripple our team in games he or any other DE cant play in. You can never have enough pass rushers = 2 superbowl championships

chasjay
05-08-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm still 'all in' for the 2012 season, and side with those who either want Osi for this year or someone else in uniform this year who can help make up for his absence. Osi may keep *****ing, but he knows his future value is set by his performance on the field.

EliTE
05-08-2012, 05:05 PM

maybe signing andre carter if healthy would help tho, but not much options after that. I'd keep Osi at this pointi agree. too bad we didnt get this offer during the draft. then we could have added 2 players that could help us this year. trading osi now is simply a downgrade to the team for this season.

jhamburg
05-08-2012, 05:13 PM
It just doesn't make sense to me that we would trade Osi at this point. I mean if we had resigned Tollefson, or picked up a vet free agent, or drafted a DE, then maybe. But at this point I just don't see it.

NYGRealityCheck
05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
This is tempting, but I would wait until the season starts and find out what team is in dire need of a great DE to make a playoff run. Then, the Giants might nab a first and second...

JMFP2
05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
It just doesn't make sense to me that we would trade Osi at this point. I mean if we had resigned Tollefson, or picked up a vet free agent, or drafted a DE, then maybe. But at this point I just don't see it.</P>

However, if true, and 2nd and 4th isn't chump change.</P>

jhamburg
05-08-2012, 05:24 PM
It just doesn't make sense to me that we would trade Osi at this point. I mean if we had resigned Tollefson, or picked up a vet free agent, or drafted a DE, then maybe. But at this point I just don't see it.</P>

No I think it's a best case scenario offer, but at this point we've turned Osi from a luxury to a necessity.

Eli TO Shockey
05-08-2012, 05:30 PM
pull the trigger

Redeyejedi
05-08-2012, 05:55 PM

maybe signing andre carter if healthy would help tho, but not much options after that. I'd keep Osi at this pointYeah im with U we could of resigned Tolly and or drafted another edge rusher. Now we just hurt this team chances at repeating

GameTime
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Osi will do this year what he did last year. He will come up with an injury until he sees the Giants are in the playoffs then he will be ok to play and contribute....
Getting rid of him now IMO would be OK since I believe he will only be playing less then half a season anyway....

radar-ray
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
If this were before the draft, I'll take it Now? No thanks. Down the stretch in 08 when the giants were trying to repeat, defensive line depth they could have used a LOT. The giants didn't draft a pass rusher and the loss of both osi and tollefson would hurt the depth maybe signing andre carter if healthy would help tho, but not much options after that. I'd keep Osi at this pointYeah im with U we could of resigned Tolly and or drafted another edge rusher. Now we just hurt this team chances at repeatingThis. I said it many times in other posts, that our best chance to repeat is with Osi here this year. If any one wants to blow off this year, then trade him. All you need is for Tuck or JPP to get hurt and we have squat!

GameTime
05-08-2012, 06:06 PM
If this were before the draft, I'll take it Now? No thanks. Down the stretch in 08 when the giants were trying to repeat, defensive line depth they could have used a LOT. The giants didn't draft a pass rusher and the loss of both osi and tollefson would hurt the depth maybe signing andre carter if healthy would help tho, but not much options after that. I'd keep Osi at this pointYeah im with U we could of resigned Tolly and or drafted another edge rusher. Now we just hurt this team chances at repeatingThis. I said it many times in other posts, that our best chance to repeat is with Osi here this year. If any one wants to blow off this year, then trade him. All you need is for Tuck or JPP to get hurt and we have squat!</P>

taking nothing away from Osi's performance last year but he will be "injured" until and only if the Giants make the playoffs.....just my feeling. Like last year....he was all better when they clinched...or the game right before. </P>

TuckYou
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM

</P>

Eh. With Osi we know what we are getting. A loud mouth sack machine strip artist right now in Eli's and the teams prime. With those picks, we might get Sinorice Moss (2)and Bryan Kehl (4) or Michael Strahan (2)and Barry Cofield (4) as rookies.</P>

TuckYou
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
If this were before the draft, I'll take it Now? No thanks. Down the stretch in 08 when the giants were trying to repeat, defensive line depth they could have used a LOT. The giants didn't draft a pass rusher and the loss of both osi and tollefson would hurt the depth maybe signing andre carter if healthy would help tho, but not much options after that. I'd keep Osi at this pointYeah im with U we could of resigned Tolly and or drafted another edge rusher. Now we just hurt this team chances at repeatingThis. I said it many times in other posts, that our best chance to repeat is with Osi here this year. If any one wants to blow off this year, then trade him. All you need is for Tuck or JPP to get hurt and we have squat!</P>

taking nothing away from Osi's performance last year but he will be "injured" until and only if the Giants make the playoffs.....just my feeling. Like last year....he was all better when they clinched...or the game right before. </P>

</P>

And notice how much improved the D was when he came back healthy? It was night and day. Osi is a huge piece of the Defensive machine</P>

GameTime
05-08-2012, 06:13 PM

</P>

And notice how much improved the D was when he came back healthy? It was night and day. Osi is a huge piece of the Defensive machine</P>

</P>

thats why I said...."taking nothing away from Osi's performance".....</P>

</P>

Bluedawg
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Im in here a lot usually just reading, but today i have to post my opinion. Osi is still a very important part of the D line we have no one to replace him with so imo this would be a bad trade. Where was Miami before the draft?

ashleymarie
05-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Posted by TuckYou:

"And notice how much improved the D was when he came back healthy? It was night and day. Osi is a huge piece of the Defensive machine".</P>

----------------------------------------------------------------------</P>

</P>

And I am certain this was much observed by Reese.</P>

Bluedawg
05-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Agreed Osi shouldn't go anywhere.

TuckYou
05-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Posted by TuckYou:

"And notice how much improved the D was when he came back healthy? It was night and day. Osi is a huge piece of the Defensive machine".</P>

</P>

</P>

Which is why he was only going to trade him for a 1st. Osi's immediate value for our team is worth more then a first round draft pick.</P>

mad4ahmad
05-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Any doubt as to what Belicheat would do in Reese's place?

Stock piling draft picks is his mantra.

Yeah. I know. Someone will say, but he lost two super bowls in a row to us. Which should have nothing to do with such a trade. Just trying to head the Osi the homers off at the pass.

RoanokeFan
05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
This is another reason why Tollefson was a significant loss.

+1

B&RWarrior
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Can't keep everybody. I knew eventually we'd have to come back to reality in terms of the talent available at DE.

We still have Kiwi, JPP, Tuck, and Osi. With a top 4 like that I'm not too concerned who's the reserve.

buddy33
05-08-2012, 07:23 PM
The only way I'd do this is if they thought they had a LB to take over for Kiwi. This way they have another DE for the rotation.

Right now I'd say make Osi play and play well if he wants to get paid next year.

I'm not taking anything away from him, the defense was much better at the end of the year and he was part of that. However, I think it was more important that Tuck came back to playing like Tuck.

Bohemian
05-08-2012, 07:28 PM

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&amp;thread=442599

RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR

Had to put that out there because well it is out there...Might be worth discussing. Saw it browsing Ralph Vacchiano's twitter and it was posted on Scout.com. For the record I really don't believe it but where are the BBI asshats when you need them?

I have no ideas what has come over Osi, but at this point I would really like to pull the trigger on that deal. I may not be thinking straight because of being so frustrated with Osi's comments... but at the moment, nothing could be better in my eyes. Either, he gets his stuff together and learns to just keep quiet about his contract, or he gets dealt. It is all too lamentable, as he is a great talent.

ashleymarie
05-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Reese holds all the cards. He also knows which sidehis bread is buttered on. LOL

lawl
05-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Too bad they drafted a Rb instead of Andre branch

GMENAGAIN
05-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Too bad they drafted a Rb instead of Andre branch</P>

Andre Branch will be out of the league while Wilson is still putting up 1000 yard seasons. Mark it down.</P>

nycisgreat
05-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't do it. Next years draft is a crap shoot. We need the depth at DE.

I am so surprised that people are so quick to toss Osi aside as if the guy is trash. The guy can ball, and he is one of the better DEs in the league. I think it would be a mistake if they were to let him go for. I would either give him an extension or let him play out his final year.

NYGRealityCheck
05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I just hope Osi is onboard with the rest of the team for a repeat. Otherwise, this trade is really worth thinking about if he isn't.

JR could only tolerate Shockey for so long. Granted Shockey's situation was much worse.

lawl
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM

Andre Branch will be out of the league while Wilson is still putting up 1000 yard seasons.* Mark it down.</P>

We'll be extremely lucky if that's the truth

Strahan4gov
05-08-2012, 08:18 PM
@TheBlueScreen Ralph, there's message board chatter attributing a rumor about Dolphins offering 2nd/4th for Osi to you. Is that true?

3h Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen
@ckparrot As far as I know it's just internet chatter. Both are also below the Giants' original asking price.

Also, I would assume the Giants would get AT LEAST a 4th comp pick if he leaves via FA next season. If Osi was going, he would have already been gone. Unless a team offers the kitchen sink for hes playing next year here imo.

myles2424
05-08-2012, 08:19 PM
One way or another, when osi is gone, your all going to miss him, end of story......
Is that worth a 2nd round pick that may never pan out?
Shockey trade sounded good when we got Sintim too...

Breezely
05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I could be wrong, but. . . . . .the Giants did not draft a Defensive End this year (after drafting one every year, since forever). They let Tolly sign elsewhere. It appears to me, that they have every intention of letting Osi fulfill his contract.

ashleymarie
05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Posted by TuckYou:

</P>

</P>

Which is why he was only going to trade him for a 1st. Osi's immediate value for our team is worth more then a first round draft pick.</P>

</P>

Absolutely. We need Osi and his talent.</P>

</P>

dsd28
05-08-2012, 10:31 PM
with osi, we are a superbowl contender. without osi, we may not even make the playoffs. does anyone even remember last year?

osi is a game changing de that can get turnovers. a 2nd and a 4th in next years draft, when we have a chance at repeating now... lol

G-Men Surg.
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM

RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR

No freaking way ! A first or no deal ! Osi is way more valuable playing out his contract IMO. Granted that a 2nd and a 4th is nothing to sneeze at but he is an important part of the already thin DE rotation. Then what, move Kiwi again to DE ? Maybe but I like it the way it Is right now, I don't see the Giants making a move in FA in this moment with the actual CAP space.

JMFP2
05-08-2012, 10:50 PM
One way or another, when osi is gone, your all going to miss him, end of story...... Is that worth a 2nd round pick that may never pan out? Shockey trade sounded good when we got Sintim too...</P>

Good point.</P>

JMFP2
05-08-2012, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't do it. Next years draft is a crap shoot. We need the depth at DE.

I am so surprised that people are so quick to toss Osi aside as if the guy is trash. The guy can ball, and he is one of the better DEs in the league. I think it would be a mistake if they were to let him go for. I would either give him an extension or let him play out his final year.
</P>

I don't think it's tossing him away as much as recognizing this will likely be his final season with the Giants.</P>

The question (assuming this story has merit) is whether you exchange 1 season for a 2nd and 4th round draft pick.</P>

I can see arguments either way. But like I said, Tollefson is no longer there for depth, so trading Osi would mean more snaps for both Tuck and JPP.</P>

I love Tuck, but he's been knownto break down a bittoward the end of the season. Osi would see alot of action this year.</P>

Harooni
05-09-2012, 12:00 AM
pull that trigger reese if this is true

JJC7301
05-09-2012, 12:27 AM

RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR

In 2008, Strahan retired but everything looked good because we still had 3 DE's -- Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. Wrong -- Osi missed the season with an injury and Tuck and Osi were exhausted by the end of the season.

Keep Osi this year and let him walk next year if we can't resign him. Keep him in the attempt to repeat. Plus, it's my understanding that next year's draft is going to be deeper in DE's.

We got a 2nd and a 5th for Shockey and those picks were turned into garbage (Sintim and I forgot who else). Picks are nice, but they're also a crap shoot.

Make sure that you keep one of the best pass rushers in the game for 1 more year in the attempt to repeat. Trading him would be a HUGE mistake. Plus, Osi's a better pass rusher than Kiwi.

TuckYou
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM

Andre Branch will be out of the league while Wilson is still putting up 1000 yard seasons. Mark it down.</P>

</P>

Eh, not so sure about that. </P>

We dont run the ball anymore because we had a bad OL and were pass happy, along with the rest of the league. Getting a smaller speed back wont change that IMO. Bradshaw didnt even get 700 yards last year, and it wasnt because he sucks. </P>

BTW, I think Branch will be a very solid DE.</P>

EliTE
05-09-2012, 09:52 AM
bradshaw missed games tho

GMENAGAIN
05-09-2012, 09:53 AM

</P>

Eh, not so sure about that. </P>

We dont run the ball anymore because we had a bad OL and were pass happy, along with the rest of the league. Getting a smaller speed back wont change that IMO. Bradshaw didnt even get 700 yards last year, and it wasnt because he sucks. </P>

BTW, I think Branch will be a very solid DE.</P>

</P>

Guess we'll have to wait and see . . . . </P>

rondayneblows
05-09-2012, 11:04 AM
One way or another, when osi is gone, your all going to miss him, end of story......
Is that worth a 2nd round pick that may never pan out?
Shockey trade sounded good when we got Sintim too...

And that trade still sounds good... Shockey, like Osi, was an oft-injured malcontent that while effective on the field, had an over-inflated sense of how much he was worth. The Giants correctly determined he's not the type of guy you want to devote a huge percentage of the cap towards... similar to what they're doing with Osi.

They missed on the Sintim pick, but oh well that happens. They were correct in the assumption that Shockey wasn't an important piece, as they won the Super Bowl without him and were the best team in the NFL the following year.

nygsb42champs
05-09-2012, 11:17 AM
I still do not think we should trade him. Who would become that 3rd DE in our rotation?

G-Man67
05-09-2012, 11:33 AM
doesnt make sense ... Miami is not in win now mode, so they would almost certainly want to negotiate a contract with Osi as part of it ... but even then, would Osi be Osi by the time the Fish got good</P>

and from our standpoint, yes tempting, but we've lost Tolly, so god forbid Tuck, let's say, gets hurt again ... you go from never having enough pass rushers to not having enough pass rushers in a blink</P>

i want to have the best chance to repeat and Osi should be an absolute beast next year playing for a contract ... it's one of those deals where if Osi was on another team i wouldnt give those picks for him, but since he is on our team i won't take those picks for him ... sometimes the best move is no move</P>

OsiStrahan#1combo
05-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Trading osi for annything BUT a first would be insane. Hes on his contract year. Hes been BEGGING for more money the past two or three years and that is a huge plus being on his contract year. You want to trade him away for a couple picks that we wont see until next year? Say if one of our DEs gets hurt then what? Having osi with his talents is a big reason why we have success.

Lets not forget how much better our D was AND our team as a whole with the strip master.

Hes a game changer...

Morehead State
05-09-2012, 11:37 AM
doesnt make sense ... Miami is not in win now mode, so they would almost certainly want to negotiate a contract with Osi as part of it ... but even then, would Osi be Osi by the time the Fish got good</P>

and from our standpoint, yes tempting, but we've lost Tolly, so god forbid Tuck, let's say, gets hurt again ... you go from never having enough pass rushers to not having enough pass rushers in a blink</P>

i want to have the best chance to repeat and Osi should be an absolute beast next year playing for a contract ... it's one of those deals where if Osi was on another team i wouldnt give those picks for him, but since he is on our team i won't take those picks for him ... sometimes the best move is no move</P>

</P>

In the modern NFL, every team is in "win now" mode. Why would you think they weren't. Were Atlanta and Baltimore in "win now" mode when they went to the playoffs with rookie QB's?</P>

BigBlue1971
05-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Trading osi for annything BUT a first would be insane. Hes on his contract year. Hes been BEGGING for more money the past two or three years and that is a huge plus being on his contract year. You want to trade him away for a couple picks that we wont see until next year? Say if one of our DEs gets hurt then what? Having osi with his talents is a big reason why we have success. Lets not forget how much better our D was AND our team as a whole with the strip master. Hes a game changer...</P>

</P>

i dont know if Osi can command a #1 from anyone wanting his services! he'll be 31 by the time the season starts and he has been injured a few times.</P>

Osi is seasoned in the Giants defense with much of his success coming from the presence of Tuck JPP and Kiwi. </P>

he is a good player but without those other guys coming from the other edge he wouldnt be quite as effective imo!</P>

all these d-ends rely on each other to get their jobs done! without either one their jobs are more difficult!</P>

i agree we do need 'em to keep the pressure on.</P>

MattMeyerBud
05-09-2012, 06:55 PM

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&amp;thread=442599

RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR

take it and run

byron
05-09-2012, 07:10 PM
If this is true, we should jump all over this trade! http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&amp;thread=442599 Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi? kelsto811 : 2:16 pm RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR Had to put that out there because well it is out there...Might be worth discussing. Saw it browsing Ralph Vacchiano's twitter and it was posted on Scout.com. For the record I really don't believe it but where are the BBI asshats when you need them?

take it and run
that anything like post and run..;)

MattMeyerBud
05-10-2012, 12:24 PM
If this is true, we should jump all over this trade! http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=442599 Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi? kelsto811 : 2:16 pm RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR Had to put that out there because well it is out there...Might be worth discussing. Saw it browsing Ralph Vacchiano's twitter and it was posted on Scout.com. For the record I really don't believe it but where are the BBI asshats when you need them?

take it and run
that anything like post and run..;)

haha no time big b... i am pushing my boundaries here trying to get on as much as i can ha

byron
05-10-2012, 12:43 PM
If this is true, we should jump all over this trade! http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&amp;thread=442599 Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi? kelsto811 : 2:16 pm RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR Had to put that out there because well it is out there...Might be worth discussing. Saw it browsing Ralph Vacchiano's twitter and it was posted on Scout.com. For the record I really don't believe it but where are the BBI asshats when you need them?

take it and run
that anything like post and run..;) haha no time big b... i am pushing my boundaries here trying to get on as much as i can ha haha... well itsgood to see ya around yeah don't get in trouble....On Osi at this point I just don't care any morethe drama is old news ....the fact the Giantshaven't made a movesays to me they would like to keep him around ...time will tell

buffyblue
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
The only way I'd do this is if they thought they had a LB to take over for Kiwi. This way they have another DE for the rotation.

Right now I'd say make Osi play and play well if he wants to get paid next year.

I'm not taking anything away from him, the defense was much better at the end of the year and he was part of that. However, I think it was more important that Tuck came back to playing like Tuck.

I totally agree with you. Osi Unenyora coming back was part of our defense coming together at end of season. However the biggest part was Justin Tuck coming back to playing like Justin Tuck as well as Justin Tuck finally shaking iff the doubts and self confidence issues and becoming the defensive captain we needed him to be. Antrell Rolle maturing into more of a positive leadership role was huge also.

The thing with Osi Unenyora is that he will play hard this year because it is a contract year. His contribution will be profound if we expect to make a run to repeat. However a 2nd and a 4th is a lot to get dor someone thar may not be here after this season. I am sure Jerry Reese will makr the smart. Also we really don't knoe how much of an issue Osi Umenyora's complaints actually have on the organizatiin. NY Giants may be fed up or it may just be a case of them looking at it as "it is just Osi blowing off steam." Remember Boston Red Sox traded Manny Ramirez mid season because of personality issues and it was a huge reason why they didn't repeat as World Series Champions that year. Obviously Osi Umenyora is not as big a factor for NY Giants repeating as Manny Ramirez was to Boston Red Sox but he us important nonethless and would not want us to hinder our chances over a rash decison. However even if we lose Osi Umenyora I think we will be okay and a 2nd and a 4th is nice.

byron
05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Ittakes every player to win a football game...this team came together when they needed to last year. The level of belief they had in themselvesover powered the best of the best..Every single player was needed , every single player didhis job and every single player was all in......The rest is history ..cherry pick performances if you want but its a team sport you take one piece out of the equation and everything changes....</P>

This years team is not last years team... Only time will tell whattheafects of the lost and gained pieces will be...</P>

GMENAGAIN
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
It has now been several days and neither this rumor nor the Ravens rumor have been reported by any legitimate source. I call BS . . . .

Gmen2005
05-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd do it.

MattyD21
05-10-2012, 02:57 PM
keep em , strip sacks = game changers, watch the vid

giantsforce
05-10-2012, 04:14 PM
keep em , strip sacks = game changers, watch the vidHow soon they forget! That was a touchdown-saving strip that was a game changer. How much was that worth? Can you really put a price on it? Let's face it, when Osi is in the game, the Giants are a different team. He is a keeper until his contract expires. Besides, I am not sure there is a GM out there that is crazy enough to give a 2nd rounder for Osi because he will demand the same money from them and they will have to go through the same drama next year.

Morehead State
05-10-2012, 04:16 PM
keep em , strip sacks = game changers, watch the vidHow soon they forget! That was a touchdown-saving strip that was a game changer. How much was that worth? Can you really put a price on it? Let's face it, when Osi is in the game, the Giants are a different team. He is a keeper until his contract expires. Besides, I am not sure there is a GM out there that is crazy enough to give a 2nd rounder for Osi because he will demand the same money from them and they will have to go through the same drama next year.
</P>

He was already paid for that. The question is what will he do for us in the future and what is it worth to us.</P>

JesseJames
05-10-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm sick of Osi's contract whining every year but I'm very happy he's part of our defense and I hope he just shuts up and plays...